'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 3,226)

Showing posts 64,501 - 64,520 of144,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Republican Hypocrisy wrote:
The House will vote on the fiscal cliff compromise next. Then the debt ceiling will be delt with.
Republicans gripe at everything Obama tries to do even though it's them (the middle class) that he tries to protect.
Republicans will oppose Obama on raising the debt ceiling since he is a Democrat but praise their Republican Presidents like Ronald Reagan (their God)....
Check out what other Presidents have done concerning the DEBT CEILING, and see how Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times. Just a little fact they would rather not discuss.
Carter raised the debt ceiling 9 times for total increase of 59%.
Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times for a total increase of 199%.
Clinton raised the debt ceiling 4 times for a total increase of 44%.
George W. Bush raised the debt ceiling 7 times for a total increase of 90%.
Obama has raised the debt ceiling 3 times for a total increase of 26%.
Adding the percentages of the Democratic presidents’ total debt ceiling increases together reveals that President Ronald Reagan, arguably the most popular Republican president on this list, actually raised the debt ceiling by a higher percentage than all of the Democrats combined.
The Democrats’ total percentage increase is 152%. President Reagan increased the debt ceiling by 199% in his two terms in office.
The Republican presidents, when added together, have raised the debt ceiling by a total of 414%.
“The last time this country had a balanced budget Bill Clinton was President.”(Democratic underground, 2011).
The WHOLE truth is Newt Gingrich (Speaker of the House) and the GOP Majority passed the BBA and Democrats screamed and kicked the entire way Democrats said it could not be done in seven years… The GOP did it in four. Now let us contrast this with the Clinton fiscal record. Recall that it was the Clinton White House that fought Republicans every inch of the way in balancing the budget in 1995. When Republicans proposed their own balanced-budget plan, the White House waged a shameless Medi-scare( shoving old people off cliffs?) campaign to torpedo the plan — a campaign that the Washington Post slammed as “pure demagoguery.” It was Bill Clinton who, during the big budget fight in 1995, had to submit not one, not two, but five budgets until he begrudgingly matched the GOP’s balanced-budget plan. In fact, during the height of the budget wars in the summer of 1995, the Clinton administration admitted that “balancing the budget is not one of our top priorities.”
Reagan was responsible for curtailing expansion of Big Government!
There is not a single reference to support any of these fictitious numbers in this piece of liberal dribble! Real researchers and writers use reference data, links, and tables to “prove” their claims!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/...

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

1forU wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my god you mean Clinton signed what was all ready passed by the repubs.Go look up nafta see when it was passed dumbazz!!!!! google it before you talk stupid shit the repubs want you to believe!!!!
You are a TOTAL IDIOT!

Must be a FOX news conspiracy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
BILL Clinton-signing-and commenting on NAFTA!
dont care

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Republican Hypocrisy wrote:
Ronald Reagan Tripled the National Debt
Among the Republicans who prophesied the default doomsday scenario that almost unfolded last summer was none other than conservative patron saint, Ronald Reagan. As he warned Congress in November 1983:
"The full consequences of a default -- or even the serious prospect of default -- by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate. Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and the value of the dollar."
Reagan knew what he was talking about. After all, the hemorrhage of red ink at the U.S. Treasury was his doing.
the reason we had a great economy during the Clinton years was due to the tax cuts and policies put in place by Ronald Regan and I can see you follow the democrat logic of if you do not like history lie about it and try to make every one believe you changed it
Campaign Spending

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Campaign spending: Tie contributions to national debt !!!

A letter to John Tester...(D) Montana

November 20, 2012

I would like to congratulate you on your re-election to the U.S. Senate. I was very happy to vote for you for a second time.

As you are well aware, though the campaign was very negative, and as I am sure you are even more well aware, it was very expensive. To the extent that the Citizens United decision allowed for unlimited outside interests to spend on this campaign cycle and became a severe contributing factor to the above stated problem, I believe I have a simple solution.

Please consider placing a severe tax on the monies expended by these “super PACs,” and on the windfall profits that those monies brought to media corporations.

In my opinion, if these giants of business have enough money to contribute to our politics, they also have enough to make an in-kind contribution to alleviate our national debt, and the two could be inextricably tied together.

Secondly, and also my opinion, if the media corporations are going to flood the airwaves with so much misinformation, then they should pay an “Obfuscation Fee” directly tied to the amount taken in for the production and airing of negative or misleading advertisements. These monies could also be directly tied to the paying down of the national debt.

Though you benefited in some ways from the large expenditures and their exposure on TV, I cannot help but think that you would agree that we would all be better off if political campaigns were shorter in length, and more tightly controlled, as we had with the McCain-Feingold legislation. Better yet, let’s fund them publicly, and limit their duration to three months prior! Then you can spend less time raising money, and more time working on the problems of this nation.

“Can we own everything?”

Since: Dec 12

Capitola, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
Hey dude I didn't like Bush's ass either but when Clinton signed NAFTA in it was all over...
I definitely agree with you on that. NAFTA was the real beginning of the end for middle class America. I DO feel obligated to remind you though... NAFTA had been in the works since Reagan/Bush's terms and was designed by republicans. It just took until Clinton's administration to come up with a bill that could be passed. Clinton wasn't very excited about it and was basically dragged into it kicking and screaming. In my opinion, he shouldn't have signed it; but he was something of a compromiser. That's why he was called "a republican democrat" by a lot of people.

“Can we own everything?”

Capitola, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

dont care wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason we had a great economy during the Clinton years was due to the tax cuts and policies put in place by Ronald Regan and I can see you follow the democrat logic of if you do not like history lie about it and try to make every one believe you changed it
Then why are conservatives so reticent to return to the tax rates of Clinton's or even Reagan's eras?
American

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

OneHundredMillion wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't overestimate yourself.
I never have! Don't underestimate me! I was in agreement with some things you said, untill you crossed the line! My brothers were in south east asia, I came close to serving there myself! My oldest son served 4 tours in Iraq, and allmost died there! No, like you I don't think we should have ever gone there! However soldiers do not argue the politics of war, they fight them! You don't owe me shit for your comment about John McCain, you do owe every combat vet in America an apology!
Idk

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Poor people need money
American

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Idk wrote:
Poor people need money
Poor people need jobs!
1forU

Gamaliel, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a TOTAL IDIOT!
Must be a FOX news conspiracy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
BILL Clinton-signing-and commenting on NAFTA!
Google it dumbazz see when Nafta was passed.Open your mind to the facts.He11 yes he signed it after it was Written and passed by the repubs.You fricken Moron you tube is that where you get your facts at?
1forU

Gamaliel, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

American wrote:
<quoted text>
I never have! Don't underestimate me! I was in agreement with some things you said, untill you crossed the line! My brothers were in south east asia, I came close to serving there myself! My oldest son served 4 tours in Iraq, and allmost died there! No, like you I don't think we should have ever gone there! However soldiers do not argue the politics of war, they fight them! You don't owe me shit for your comment about John McCain, you do owe every combat vet in America an apology!
I know you say he don't owe you ,but as just respect for what your family has done for me. Freedom is not free Thank you
Republican Corruption

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Got a feeling that House Republicans will "not" vote for the fiscal cliff bill.
Cantor says....no!!
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You stupid pos.
....are you telling me that it should be you Obama gets rid of and not Hillary?

Hmmmmm, what is it you know about Obama, give us the scoop. Is it worse than the cover up of Benghazi murder?
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

somebody put some logic into this. Oblamer first said everything was Bushs fault, they Romney would take away seniors benefits, now its the repubs in congress, he takes $716 billion from medicare, wants to take more from working Americans and calls it progressive,

those of you who support and defend this worthless low life political opportunist are traitors, retards and sheeple,
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is not "getting rid of Hillary" She announced that she isn't keeping the job months ago it has nothing to do with her health. Get your facts straight. You really need to find a real source of information, Fox News is making you look more stupid than you already do. Btw educate youself and evolve soon because old republicans are a dying breed.
Read again what I posted.

Rid of as in murder. Hillary stepping down from a position is not rid of, she still has a voice and the damage it could do.

Education as in the liberal way, please. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

If I wanted to be stupid, I would need to be a liberal, especially with a college degree, maybe at Harvard, huh.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

the congress already said that a bill to raise taxes on any American was DOA, oblamer then makes a press conference to announce a deal that was already DOA in the house, the communist news propaganda machines jump all over this like it is a done deal and the fiscal cliff has been averted, to all of you sheeple out there, guess what,

NOTHING HAS CHANGED,

quit defending the second biggest liar and most anti-American president this country has ever had by making excuses for him, just come out and say it, you don't care what he does or who he hurts because he is your leader, that will save a lot of time reading these posts, just present your position without lying about it,

“A PROUD”

Kentuckian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

The Facts

The government shutdown took place in two phases. The first lasted five days in November 1995, until the White House agreed to congressional demands to balance the budget within seven years. But talks on implementing that agreement failed, and the second shutdown lasted 21 days, from Dec. 15, 1995 to Jan. 6. 1996.(Then a blizzard struck Washington and local federal workers could not get back to work for days after that.)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker...
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Republican Corruption wrote:
Got a feeling that House Republicans will "not" vote for the fiscal cliff bill.
Cantor says....no!!
we can only hope that there are enough repubs to vote no on this tax scam,
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>One thing your numbers are wrong. TRUE welfare has about 4 million people on it. Food stamps another 30 million. It amazes me about Repubs never get it. They never understand how Rich the Rich are. 400 !!!!!!!!!! The Richest 400 people in the US have MORE wealth than the first 150 million Americans. 80% of All the income !!!!!!!!!! 80% of All the money paid to someone EACH year goes to the top 20%. That only leaves the bottom 80 % of people dividing up 20% of the income.
No, don't think so.

It was reported before the 2012 debates Obama had increased the number of food stamps takers by 17 million, bringing it up to a total of 47 million. After the debates, it was reported Obama had conceal as he did the unemployment number that food stamp takers had risen another 3 million. This total 50 millions.

Reasons for your numbers:

1. Dumb
2. Never listens to the right news channel
3. Did not listen to the presidential debate, voted based on ignorance and being a liberal.
4. So in love with Obama and obsessed with the very thought of him, you fail to see reality and the truth.
5. All of the above.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

1forU wrote:
<quoted text>Google it dumbazz see when Nafta was passed.Open your mind to the facts.He11 yes he signed it after it was Written and passed by the repubs.You fricken Moron you tube is that where you get your facts at?
the predator in chief flew into Michigan, stood in front of thousands of UAW workers and said vote for him and he would not sign NAFTA, that NAFTA was bad for American business, they cheered, patted each other and talked like their king had arrived, the predator returned to Washington, won the election, passed NAFTA, and the UAW supported him again in the next election,

the UAW got what it deserved, they have more coming! The American people have seen what organized crime in unions is all about, it is not over for the UAW and the teachers unions are next,

Congress political monitors! DO NOT APPROVE THIS BILL SENT BY THE SENATE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,501 - 64,520 of144,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KC Basketball Coach 10 min KY Historian 61
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min chinwendu1 127,987
What day does JOHN SLUSHER ship out? (Mar '13) 34 min Fields of dreams 7
Hobby Lobby ruling!! 1 hr TOASTup 13
Lasha Hoskins (Jun '09) 1 hr Toby 9
Barbourville topix 1 hr TOASTup 3
Becky and Richard hicks 4 hr Hater 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 18 hr Fillus 382
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••