'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 193797 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

wtf

Glasgow, KY

#71003 Jan 1, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRETION: YOU are the one with a problem accepting reality, Not WE. Speak for yourself. YOU fail daily.
Well at least you have stopped sucking Bush's nutsack and have jumped on to Obama's. A new beginning for the new year for you? LOL
Idk

Greenup, KY

#71004 Jan 1, 2013
Poor people needs help
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#71005 Jan 1, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again
You did not address the matter of WHY CAN'T THE 50 MILLION PEOPLE WHO RECEIVE ENTITLEMENTS pay one, little, measley, single dollar bill per month. Something at least to show they are paying a fair share (Obama's wording not mine and a dollar is not what I consider a fair share but since so much whining over it I will let it go).
This would be $50 million per month and $600 per year for only paying one, little, measley, single dollar bill....just one per month.
Again, quoting Obama "we all need to pay our fair share".
I don't give a rat's behind who is receiving it, they still are receiving it and need to be responsible enough to pay one, little, measley, single dollar bill per month.
This is all that is asked from them. I wish this is all I had to pay in taxes.
One thing your numbers are wrong. TRUE welfare has about 4 million people on it. Food stamps another 30 million. It amazes me about Repubs never get it. They never understand how Rich the Rich are. 400 !!!!!!!!!! The Richest 400 people in the US have MORE wealth than the first 150 million Americans. 80% of All the income !!!!!!!!!! 80% of All the money paid to someone EACH year goes to the top 20%. That only leaves the bottom 80 % of people dividing up 20% of the income.
What

Greenup, KY

#71006 Jan 1, 2013
JustSayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have me mistaken with someone else. I make $32hr. I ain't a bitchin about no raise.
That's not an entitlement, it's a tax loophole you A hole. And it fails miserably to the loopholes out there for the truly entitled. Someone receiving that is getting a break from having to pay more than the rich and famous.
You don't know sh!t..

Chld Tax Credit is a fkn entitlement..
Author: Sarah Knowles BA, MA - Updated: 28 September 2012 ..

Getting your Tax Credits Entitlement..
HM Revenue & Customs, formerly Inland Revenue, estimate that nine out of ten families with children qualify for family tax credits. They are government payments and if you're responsible for at least one child, there is good chance you qualify for Child Tax Credit, or CTC. Additionally, you may qualify if you work but earn a low income for the Working Tax Credit entitlement.

Child Tax Credit

What are Free Entitlements?

Taking on Extra Work..

Child tax credits were designed to help lift people out of poverty, but you can get them even if you earn a £58,000 a year – or more if you have a child under aged one. Couples have to make joint claims but single parents can also claim.

You will qualify for child tax credit if you fit the means-tested profile and if you have or look after any child under age 16. Additionally, once they are a bit older you may qualify for credit if they are in full-time training or education.

CTC comes in two forms: a family element and a child element. You may get additional money if you have a new baby, a disabled child or a severely disabled child. You will also get more money for each child you have.

“Can we own everything?”

Since: Dec 12

Santa Cruz, CA

#71007 Jan 1, 2013
American wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TOFU;Congratulations (for you) on the elections. I could have used your input earlier today with ‘Millions’ freak! Happy new year my friend!
Lol! Is this an admission that you can't handle me by yourself? It sure looks like one.

“Can we own everything?”

Santa Cruz, CA

#71008 Jan 1, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>One thing your numbers are wrong. TRUE welfare has about 4 million people on it. Food stamps another 30 million. It amazes me about Repubs never get it. They never understand how Rich the Rich are. 400 !!!!!!!!!! The Richest 400 people in the US have MORE wealth than the first 150 million Americans. 80% of All the income !!!!!!!!!! 80% of All the money paid to someone EACH year goes to the top 20%. That only leaves the bottom 80 % of people dividing up 20% of the income.
Wait. I'm confused now. You're saying something that isn't pro-rich/anti-average American. What gives?

“Can we own everything?”

Santa Cruz, CA

#71009 Jan 1, 2013
JMO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitlary being president would be the same as Obama...only in drag. I hope Americans will come to their senses before Hilary runs for office again. I'm pretty sure by the time Obama is finished with us there won't be many democrat fans anymore. There is no loyalty among thieves and they will all turn on each other. Yay!!!!
There are some out here that believe having Hillary in the oval office would be more like having Bill Clinton again... NOT Obama. A return to things being like they were in the Clinton administration would sure be nice. We may have had political fighting and slick Willy may have done a few questionable things; but we were as prosperous as we've ever been as a nation since the 50s. The Clinton administration was the second most prosperous time in American history. I personally wanted Hillary over Obama to begin with.

“Can we own everything?”

Santa Cruz, CA

#71010 Jan 1, 2013
Dear everybody: I hope all of you have a great and prosperous new year. I do mean EVERYBODY... regardless of political persuasion. All the name-calling and disagreements aside, each and every one of you (us) deserve happiness... bottom line. PS: For those I offended by making fun of John McCain... I apologize for that. I DO respect John McCain's service to our country. I am a veteran myself; so in a sense we are brothers in arms. I certainly wouldn't want to have lived through what he did. Sometimes my mouth (or in this case my typing fingers) are too quick for my own good.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#71011 Jan 1, 2013
OneHundredMillion wrote:
Dear everybody: I hope all of you have a great and prosperous new year. I do mean EVERYBODY... regardless of political persuasion. All the name-calling and disagreements aside, each and every one of you (us) deserve happiness... bottom line. PS: For those I offended by making fun of John McCain... I apologize for that. I DO respect John McCain's service to our country. I am a veteran myself; so in a sense we are brothers in arms. I certainly wouldn't want to have lived through what he did. Sometimes my mouth (or in this case my typing fingers) are too quick for my own good.
It was funny though.
Republican Hypocrisy

Martin, TN

#71012 Jan 1, 2013
The House will vote on the fiscal cliff compromise next. Then the debt ceiling will be delt with.
Republicans gripe at everything Obama tries to do even though it's them (the middle class) that he tries to protect.

Republicans will oppose Obama on raising the debt ceiling since he is a Democrat but praise their Republican Presidents like Ronald Reagan (their God)....
Check out what other Presidents have done concerning the DEBT CEILING, and see how Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times. Just a little fact they would rather not discuss.

Carter raised the debt ceiling 9 times for total increase of 59%.

Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times for a total increase of 199%.

Clinton raised the debt ceiling 4 times for a total increase of 44%.

George W. Bush raised the debt ceiling 7 times for a total increase of 90%.

Obama has raised the debt ceiling 3 times for a total increase of 26%.

Adding the percentages of the Democratic presidents’ total debt ceiling increases together reveals that President Ronald Reagan, arguably the most popular Republican president on this list, actually raised the debt ceiling by a higher percentage than all of the Democrats combined.

The Democrats’ total percentage increase is 152%. President Reagan increased the debt ceiling by 199% in his two terms in office.

The Republican presidents, when added together, have raised the debt ceiling by a total of 414%.

“Can we own everything?”

Santa Cruz, CA

#71013 Jan 1, 2013
Republican Hypocrisy wrote:
The House will vote on the fiscal cliff compromise next. Then the debt ceiling will be delt with.
Republicans gripe at everything Obama tries to do even though it's them (the middle class) that he tries to protect.
Republicans will oppose Obama on raising the debt ceiling since he is a Democrat but praise their Republican Presidents like Ronald Reagan (their God)....
Check out what other Presidents have done concerning the DEBT CEILING, and see how Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times. Just a little fact they would rather not discuss.
Adding the percentages of the Democratic presidents’ total debt ceiling increases together reveals that President Ronald Reagan, arguably the most popular Republican president on this list, actually raised the debt ceiling by a higher percentage than all of the Democrats combined.
The Democrats’ total percentage increase is 152%. President Reagan increased the debt ceiling by 199% in his two terms in office.
The Republican presidents, when added together, have raised the debt ceiling by a total of 414%.
Why did you have to go and ruin a perfectly good partisan discussion with those pesky little things called facts? Come on... get with the program. Reagan was a god. He could do no wrong. He was "The Gipper" for crying out loud.
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#71014 Jan 1, 2013
OneHundredMillion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you have to go and ruin a perfectly good partisan discussion with those pesky little things called facts? Come on... get with the program. Reagan was a god. He could do no wrong. He was "The Gipper" for crying out loud.
Reagan couldn't even make it for one month running for President today with the rightwing nuts. Can you see a Governor that did this getting any votes for Repub President??????????
It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967,‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street.
American

Jonesborough, TN

#71015 Jan 1, 2013
OneHundredMillion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Is this an admission that you can't handle me by yourself? It sure looks like one.
I can handle you and 3 more like you, just saying hey to a friend who happens to be a Democrat! You however are a piece of shit, a traitor, and a liar! I did think he could help show you how decency can work wonders in debate; and tell you his thoughts (as a Democrat) about you makeing fun of a real American war hero!
Republican Hypocrisy

Martin, TN

#71017 Jan 1, 2013
Here's how each U.S. Senator voted on the fiscal cliff measure: Do you see any Republican traitors in there? LOL..

Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii)- YEA
Lamar Alexander (R-Tennessee)– YEA
Kelly Ayotte (R-New Hampshire)– YEA
John Barrasso (R-Wyoming)–YEA
Max Baucus (D-Montana)– YEA
Mark Begich (D-Alaska)– YEA
Michael Bennett (D-Colorado)– NAY
Jeff Bingaman (D-New Mexico)– YEA
Richard Blumenthal (D-Connecticut)– YEA
Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)– YEA
John Boozman (R-Arkansas)– YEA
Barbara Boxer (D-California)– YEA
Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)– YEA
Scott Brown (R-Massachusetts)– YEA
Richard Burr (R-North Carolina)– YEA
Maria Cantwell (D-Washington)– YEA
Ben Cardin (D-Maryland)– YEA
Tom Carper (D-Delaware)– NAY
Bob Casey (D-Pennsylvania)– YEA
Saxby Chambliss (R-Georgia)– YEA
Dan Coats (R-Indiana)– YEA
Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma)– YEA
Thad Cochran (R-Mississippi)– YEA
Susan Collins (R-Maine)– YEA
Kent Conrad (D-North Dakota)– YEA
Chris Coons (D-Delaware)– YEA
Bob Corker (R-Tennessee)– YEA
John Cornyn (R-Texas)– YEA
Mike Crapo (R-Idaho)– YEA
Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina)– NOT VOTING
Dick Durbin (D-Illinois)– YEA
Mike Enzi (R-Wyoming)– YEA
Dianne Feinstein (D-California)– YEA
Al Franken (D-Minnesota)– YEA
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-New York)– YEA
Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina)– YEA
Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)– NAY
Kay Hagan (D-North Carolina)– YEA
Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)– NAY
Orrin Hatch (R-Utah)– YEA
Dean Heller (R-Nevada)– YEA
John Hoeven (R-North Dakota)– YEA
Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas)– YEA
James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma)– YEA
Johnny Isakson (R-Georgia)– YEA
Mike Johanns (R-Nebraska)– YEA
Timothy Johnson (D-South Dakota)– YEA
Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin)– YEA
John Kerry (D-Massachusetts)– YEA
Mark Kirk (R-Illinois)– NOT VOTING
Amy Klobuchar (D-Minnesota)– YEA
Herb Kohl (D-Wisconsin)– YEA
John Kyl (R-Arizona)– YEA
Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana)– YEA
Frank Lautenberg (D-New Jersey)– NOT VOTING
Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont)– YEA
Mike Lee (R-Utah)– NAY
Carl Levin (D-Michigan)– YEA
Joe Lieberman (I/D-Connecticut)– YEA
Richard Lugar (R-Indiana)– YEA
Joe Manchin (D-West Virginia)– YEA
John McCain (R-Arizona)– YEA
Claire McCaskill (D-Missouri)– YEA
Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky, Minority Leader)– YEA
Robert Menendez (D-New Jersey)– YEA
Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon)– YEA
Barbara Mikulksi (D-Maryland)– YEA
Jerry Moran (R-Kansas)– YEA
Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)– YEA
Patty Murray (D-Washington)– YEA
Bill Nelson (D-Florida)– YEA
Ben Nelson (D-Nebraska)– YEA
Rand Paul (R-Kentucky)– NAY
Rob Portman (R-Ohio)– YEA
Mark Pryor (D-Arkansas)– YEA
Jack Reed (D-Rhode Island)– YEA
Harry Reid (D-Nevada, Majority Leader)– YEA
Jim Risch (R-Idaho)– YEA
Pat Roberts (R-Kansas)– YEA
Jay Rockefeller (D-West Virginia)– YEA
Marco Rubio (R-Florida)– NAY
Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont)– YEA
Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii)– YEA
Chuck Schumer (D-New York)– YEA
Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama)– YEA
Jeanne Shaheen (D-New Hampshire)– YEA
Richard Shelby (R-Alabama)– NAY
Olympia Snowe (R-Maine)– YEA
Debbie Stabenow (D-Michigan)– YEA
Jon Tester (D-Montana)– YEA
John Thune (R-South Dakota)– YEA
Pat Toomey (R-Pennsylvania)– YEA
Mark Udall (D-Colorado)– YEA
Tom Udall (D-New Mexico)– YEA
David Vitter (R-Louisiana)– YEA
Mark Warner (D-Virginia)– YEA
Jim Webb (D-Virginia)– YEA
Sheldon Whitehouse (D-Rhode Island)– YEA
Roger Wicker (R-Mississippi)– YEA
Ron Wyden (D-Oregon)– YEA

“Can we own everything?”

Santa Cruz, CA

#71018 Jan 1, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan couldn't even make it for one month running for President today with the rightwing nuts. Can you see a Governor that did this getting any votes for Repub President??????????
It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967,‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street.
Yeah, but most republicans look at Reagan as infallible... kind of like dems do with Kennedy or even Clinton to a certain degree. You hear them say things like "That Reagan was a REAL president"; when in fact he made the largest expansions in federal spending in recent history. All the while, he cut out mental health spending altogether. I guess it was okay to put mentally unstable people on the streets as long as we had a better star wars program. I'm sure the defense contractors aren't complaining.

“Can we own everything?”

Santa Cruz, CA

#71019 Jan 1, 2013
American wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle you and 3 more like you, just saying hey to a friend who happens to be a Democrat! You however are a piece of shit, a traitor, and a liar! I did think he could help show you how decency can work wonders in debate; and tell you his thoughts (as a Democrat) about you makeing fun of a real American war hero!
Don't overestimate yourself.
What

Ashland, KY

#71020 Jan 1, 2013
Republican Hypocrisy wrote:
Hate to rain on your parade but you are using information from June.2011,How long had Obama been in office then?? 18 mos.

1. Debt Ceiling Under Obama
Alex Wong / Getty ImagesThe debt ceiling has been raised on three occasions under President Barack Obama. The debt ceiling was $11.315 trillion when the Democrat was sworn into office in January 2009 and increased by nearly $3 trillion or 26 percent by summer 2011, to $14.294 trillion.

Under Obama the debt ceiling increased:

by $789 billion to $12.104 trillion in February 2009, Obama's first year in office, under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act;
by $290 billion to $12.394 trillion ten months later, in December 2009;
and by $1.9 trillion to $14.294 trillion two months later, in February 2010.
What

Ashland, KY

#71021 Jan 1, 2013
You are comparing that with 4-8yr. terms..
wtf

Jackson, KY

#71022 Jan 1, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to rain on your parade but you are using information from June.2011,How long had Obama been in office then?? 18 mos.
1. Debt Ceiling Under Obama
Alex Wong / Getty ImagesThe debt ceiling has been raised on three occasions under President Barack Obama. The debt ceiling was $11.315 trillion when the Democrat was sworn into office in January 2009 and increased by nearly $3 trillion or 26 percent by summer 2011, to $14.294 trillion.
Under Obama the debt ceiling increased:
by $789 billion to $12.104 trillion in February 2009, Obama's first year in office, under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act;
by $290 billion to $12.394 trillion ten months later, in December 2009;
and by $1.9 trillion to $14.294 trillion two months later, in February 2010.
Hate to rain on your Parade but who got the US in this shape??

Republican Bush.
obamaclaus

London, KY

#71023 Jan 1, 2013
OneHundredMillion wrote:
<quoted text>
fas=cts are a language you leftwingwhackadoodle make up as you go everything that moron posted is a lie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min uMoron 143,116
kink 55 min rufus 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr opinion 723
Shooting at Walmart??? 2 hr well 51
Guess what I've got? 2 hr Fact 2
laptops 4 sale 2 hr ttwarewolf 9
who you lookin for misty (Jul '13) 2 hr just sayin 6
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 9 hr Jailbird 10
walmart shooting 18 hr sittin ducks 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages