'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
62,161 - 62,180 of 146,813 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we have a clash of cultures here. My calling you a little weasel is not terrible name calling. It is in a friendly way I said it because you said I yelled at you. Don't take everything so very personal. I am sorry if I offended you.
"Clash of cultures"... really, is that what it is? I didn't come yesterday to U.S. from some third world country ...or someone who would like to kill every American ...why don't you go and preach to those ... what can you call real "clash of cultures".
Coming from Europe years ago and having nothing but love and respect for America, and beleiving in God and America...is not "clash of cultures"...by the way, I came legally with papers in my hands and work very hard and earned my way to stay in America. Didn't get anything on a silver platter and I didn't know what amnesty and what welfare office were. I got the address of an Immigration and Social Security office and how to study hard for a Citizenship! I earned my way in U.S.A.

I have one thing to say ...
GOD BLESS AMERICA, MY HOME SWEET HOME!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
American's need to realize that once they step foot out of their country they have no rights, and our government and our Constitution mean nothing to any other country. They like our money and the fact that we buy their goods, and if that's the reason we're there they will cater to our buying frenzies. But that is the only reason they are tolerant of us. There are certain areas in Canada, mostly French Canada where they despise Americans and won't have any problem letting you know that when you visit there.
We were in California many years ago and decided to go to Tijuana for some shopping. When we got to the border, their agents made us open the trunk of our car and they searched through our things. When they were satisfied with what they *did not find* they waved us on. When we were in Tijuana we bought a whole lot of things, and the prices were ridiculously inexpensive. Children on the streets followed us and begged us to buy what they called "cleeklee." I assume this spelling is wrong - however, we were told it was gum. A man stopped us on the street and flipped open a box of what he said were diamond rings (?)..... One even propositioned my 15 year old brother, trying to pimp for his woman. Pretty well scared the kid to death on that one!!
When returning to the states at the border, they went through our trunk and bags again....speaking to each other in Spanish. When they were satisfied and found nothing illegal, they waved us back into the states.
Those days are long gone. And any American who steps foot on the other side of the line is fair game for whatever they choose to do. We have a beautiful country and so much to see we would need a lifetime to see it all. That's what we do, stay home, support our own country. It is truly beautiful out there!!!
8)
You go buddy! Tennessee is beautiful. I have spent a lot of time there. Sevierville, Maryville, Knoxville, Chatanooga and the Smokys' before they were a National Park, when people still actually lived there. Still have some relatives there. America is beautiful. Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Floods and all. ;-)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
"Clash of cultures"... really, is that what it is? I didn't come yesterday to U.S. from some third world country ...or someone who would like to kill every American ...why don't you go and preach to those ... what can you call real "clash of cultures".
Coming from Europe years ago and having nothing but love and respect for America, and beleiving in God and America...is not "clash of cultures"...by the way, I came legally with papers in my hands and work very hard and earned my way to stay in America. Didn't get anything on a silver platter and I didn't know what amnesty and what welfare office were. I got the address of an Immigration and Social Security office and how to study hard for a Citizenship! I earned my way in U.S.A.
I have one thing to say ...
GOD BLESS AMERICA, MY HOME SWEET HOME!
I am not preaching to anybody. Nevermind. You take care.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not preaching to anybody. Nevermind. You take care.
And you too.
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
United we stand, government is in trouble. They know that! This days people are selfish and think only about themselves and not the country. People are uninformed and lazy...DON'T BELEIVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR! This days there is NO media and real news, only opinions on both sides.
"""Selfish and think only about themselves""" The exact reason the greedy rich bastards that owned 27,000 American companies shipped them to China.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>"""Self ish and think only about themselves""" The exact reason the greedy rich bastards that owned 27,000 American companies shipped them to China.
Didn't have anything to do with massive regulations and taxes did it????????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Here’s an analysis using recent IRS data.

1. In 2009, the top 400 taxpayers based on Adjusted Gross Income earned $81 billion as a group, and paid $16.1 billion in federal income taxes.

2. In 2009, the bottom 50% of taxpayers, a group totaling 69 million, earned collectively more than $1 trillion and paid $19.5 billion in federal income taxes.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/06/12/ ...
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It was all about trying to make MORE money. No business ever moved because they were going under. But you have a point. When you can pay teen girls less than $1.00/hr to work 6 days a week, 16 hours per day with no safety other than the net installed around the building because they keep jumping to their deaths from the roof then regulations may have been a part of it.
If you can find just one story of a company that was NOT making profits in the US as a reason for moving to China please post it. I personally know of in the business I'm in of 4 companies that moved simply because of greed. The millionaire owners became more rich and over 1000 workers became jobless.
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
Here’s an analysis using recent IRS data.
1. In 2009, the top 400 taxpayers based on Adjusted Gross Income earned $81 billion as a group, and paid $16.1 billion in federal income taxes.
2. In 2009, the bottom 50% of taxpayers, a group totaling 69 million, earned collectively more than $1 trillion and paid $19.5 billion in federal income taxes.
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/06/12/ ...
So the Top Income earners (NOT the Richest in the US) paid an average 20% on the $200 million a piece they received and the bottom paid
and the bottom which averages $15,000.00 per year paid around 5%.
BIG difference between making $55,000.00 per DAY and making $15,000.00 per YEAR and trying to live.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>So the Top Income earners (NOT the Richest in the US) paid an average 20% on the $200 million a piece they received and the bottom paid
BIG difference between making $55,000.00 per DAY and making $15,000.00 per YEAR and trying to live.
You just don't get it do you? Most of those who receive $15,000 per year receive a refund from the IRS.

The bottom line is that 400 of the richest in American paid $16.1 billion in federal income tax while 69 MILLION PEOPLE paid $19.5 in federal income tax.

Those blessed financially have an obligation to help others, but when the top 40% pay almost all the taxes, isn’t that enough?
KYMI

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>"""Self ish and think only about themselves""" The exact reason the greedy rich bastards that owned 27,000 American companies shipped them to China.
get off food stamps and go work for someone who is taxed into submission, see how long your job lasts, if they will even hire you,
wtf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
No it did not you dumbass. It was so they could have workers for 40 Dollars a Month stupid.
wtf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it do you? Most of those who receive $15,000 per year receive a refund from the IRS.
The bottom line is that 400 of the richest in American paid $16.1 billion in federal income tax while 69 MILLION PEOPLE paid $19.5 in federal income tax.
Those blessed financially have an obligation to help others, but when the top 40% pay almost all the taxes, isn’t that enough?
No you stupid pos.
wtf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

KYMI wrote:
<quoted text>
get off food stamps and go work for someone who is taxed into submission, see how long your job lasts, if they will even hire you,
You get a job you sorry pos.

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Good news for Liberals!

You may be spared from the impending disaster:
http://main.aol.com/2012/12/14/zombie-apocaly...

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>So the Top Income earners (NOT the Richest in the US) paid an average 20% on the $200 million a piece they received and the bottom paid
Kaleidoscope much?

It was Reagan who brought America's capitalist economy roaring back to life, ending energy price controls, slashing income tax rates by 25% and dramatically reducing tax rates on capital gains.
But it's a fact. As the nonpartisan National Bureau of Economic Research once declared, we lived in the "longest sustained period of prosperity in the 20th century" from 1982 to 1999 — one big boom, the NBER said, set off by Reagan.
President George H.W. Bush's four years included some mistakes and questionable moves — a record rise in regulations, for one, and the infamous breaking of his "no new taxes" pledge that, after 1991's mild recession, handed the 1992 election to Bill Clinton.
President Clinton won largely because he promised change. He had also promised a middle-class tax cut, among other things.
But his popularity plunged when, instead of cutting taxes, he raised them by a record amount. That tax hike contributed to one of the slowest economic recoveries from a recession since WWII

Clinton signed into law a tax bill produced by the Republican Congress to cut capital gains tax rates. The result was the record boom of 1997 to 2000, the result of which was an unprecedented expansion of wealth.
Bill Clinton’s Democratic party kicked and screamed every day of how Republicans were going to throw old people over cliffs and starve Americans with welfare reform…didn’t happen! Now when people mention Clinton they credit HIM with things done by REPUBLICANS!
Democrats must have a Kaleidoscope view of history…and that’s the most polite analogy I have to share!
wtf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
Good news for Liberals!
You may be spared from the impending disaster:
http://main.aol.com/2012/12/14/zombie-apocaly...
Good news for you!

Your stupid Check is in the Mail.
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it different. I view it as the top 20% receive 80% of ALL the income. Who better to pay most of the taxes than those getting 80% of all the money there is?
Why were you Repubs not upset at the time America was booming in the 50s and 60s when the top income tax rate was 90% and 75%?
How is it that going back to the rates of 1996 when 22 million NEW jobs were created is a bad thing.
Capital Gains tax then was 28%. Now it's 15%. You know of any middle class worker that got a 13% reduction on Federal Tax?
Forget the poor that pay nothing. It's the middle class that has paid the price of the Trickle Down BS handed to them by Reagan.
Ed Harley

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

A S A You are the DUMBEST SOB that ever lived if you belive that. Clinton brought a pencil to DC and
did the MATH. THATS WHAT GOT IT GOING. Are you related to the Idiot that just lost the race ??????
Gerald Ford ::::: He was the very person that began the process of Russia tearing the WALL DOWN.
That you idiots give oH so much credit for. Hell even if your Dumb Ass had been President, the wall was to fall. Thank You Ford. Maybe we need more than math in DC for you duds, How about Reading Glasses. Did you mom have any kids that lived ?
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaleidoscope much?
It was Reagan who brought America's capitalist economy roaring back to life, ending energy price controls, slashing income tax rates by 25% and dramatically reducing tax rates on capital gains.
But it's a fact. As the nonpartisan National Bureau of Economic Research once declared, we lived in the "longest sustained period of prosperity in the 20th century" from 1982 to 1999 — one big boom, the NBER said, set off by Reagan.
President George H.W. Bush's four years included some mistakes and questionable moves — a record rise in regulations, for one, and the infamous breaking of his "no new taxes" pledge that, after 1991's mild recession, handed the 1992 election to Bill Clinton.
President Clinton won largely because he promised change. He had also promised a middle-class tax cut, among other things.
But his popularity plunged when, instead of cutting taxes, he raised them by a record amount. That tax hike contributed to one of the slowest economic recoveries from a recession since WWII
Clinton signed into law a tax bill produced by the Republican Congress to cut capital gains tax rates. The result was the record boom of 1997 to 2000, the result of which was an unprecedented expansion of wealth.
Bill Clinton’s Democratic party kicked and screamed every day of how Republicans were going to throw old people over cliffs and starve Americans with welfare reform…didn’t happen! Now when people mention Clinton they credit HIM with things done by REPUBLICANS!
Democrats must have a Kaleidoscope view of history…and that’s the most polite analogy I have to share!
Before Reagan---- After Reagan: CEO pay has skyrocketed, worker pay has all but stagnated. That's created an economy in which CEOs can earn an average of 231 times more than their employees, as they did last year, according an analysis by the Economic Policy Institute.(For reference, CEOs earned just 29 times more in 1978.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Malena Cox n Scotty 13 min Funny 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 24 min Byebye 26,208
Marlena cox 29 min Funny 51
I'm the best looking Man ever! 30 min Chris Caldwell 3
Stivers center swin coach abandons children in ... (Mar '12) 31 min For The Community 54
Chris fisher 38 min Chris Caldwell 3
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,802
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••