'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 3,078)

Showing posts 61,541 - 61,560 of138,773
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
My day wasn't so bad...I was looking something for Christmas for "little people" in my family and I found it...my day wasn't so bad...
Thanks A/L <3
Good !!!:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
No tricks/ No trackers just fun!
Amaze you friends and family.
Merry Christmas
http://www.raininghotcoupons.com/christmas-fu...
Hi Ari ...
Hope things are "good" for you !!!
Been taking TCB on other forums, myself :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the end of this day is going to be great after all and tomorrow even better, RH...
You are so good ... <3
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so good ... <3
Thank you A/L and you're too :-)))))
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
President Obama seems to have a strategy to terminate all of the Bush tax cuts, not just those for “the rich,” as he has been saying since 2008. He is offering the Republicans exactly zero concessions in the “fiscal cliff” negotiations. No spending cuts, no entitlement reform, no compromise on the rates. It is entirely my way or the highway, and if the Republicans refuse to do everything exactly as he demands, he will let the Bush tax cuts expire entirely, for the middle class and working people as well as the upper incomes, and blame the Republicans for refusing to go along with him, and for the economic results.
It is a cynical game worthy of an undeveloped, third world country, not the United States of America. But this is just one more reason, with many more to come, for the American people to regret the mistake they made on Election Day.
The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.
Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%.
Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years. The stock market revived, creating almost $7 trillion in new shareholder wealth. From 2003 to 2007, the S&P 500 almost doubled. After the Bush tax cuts started in 2001, quickly ending the 2001 recession, the economy continued to grow for another 73 months. From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17%, meaning an additional $2.1 trillion for the American people.
This was mostly the opposite of what President Obama has produced, with his neo-Marxist Obamanomics, particularly unemployment more than twice as high, declining middle class incomes, soaring poverty, weak job growth, stagnant stock market values, collapsing business investment, and negligible growth in GDP.
Obama’s gleeful termination of the Bush tax cuts will produce just the opposite results of those tax cuts. The combination of all the tax rate increases, along with Obama’s abusive overregulation, and the Fed’s continued mischief, will throw the economy back into recession next year. Unemployment will soar back into double digits, breaking the post depression record of 10.8%. The deficit will soar to over $2 trillion, setting new all time world records. The national debt as a percent of GDP will gallop past Greece.
Middle class incomes will plummet further. Poverty will soar to new all time records.
Obama’s ploy of blaming all of this on the Republicans will not work this time. The public knows the Bush tax cuts were adopted into law by the Republicans, with complete Republican control of Congress and the White House at the time. It will be too obvious that it took President Obama and his new neo-Marxist Democrat Party to let them expire.
Enjoy the new Obama recession. You and your neighbors voted for it.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
Fantastic post! Thanks!
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Back to DEATH PANELS are we. That died out along with you trying to convince everyone Obama was not a citizen. Birther.
You anti-American libs are more heartless than the Nazis.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
An eye opening movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
12,294,219 watched this video. And, "We, the (dumbass) People" voted these dinosaurs back in!
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
12,294,219 watched this video. And, "We, the (dumbass) People" voted these dinosaurs back in!
Wow, interesting movie!

I just posted the following on the Liberalism is a Mental Disorder. This is why American is going down hard and perhaps explains why libs are so bent on self destruction.

==========
Why do People Hurt Themselves? New Insights Into the Nature and Functions of Self-Injury

Many theoretical models of NSSI have been proposed. Psychodynamic theorists suggest that NSSI is performed as a way of gaining control over urges for sex or death. Folk explanations invoke concepts like manipulation of other people, impulsiveness, and low self-esteem. Empirical work on NSSI has aimed at identifying correlates of this behavior, with childhood abuse and psychiatric disorders emerging most consistently in the literature. The strong relation between psychiatric disorders and NSSI has led many to conceptualize NSSI as a symptom of a psychiatric disorder. However, such a perspective is unsatisfying given that NSSI occurs across many disorders and is not symptomatic of any one disorder (Nock et al., 2006). Moreover, suggesting that people engage in NSSI because it is a symptom of a disorder provides little explanatory power.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

What Factors Increase the Risk of NSSI?

The proposed model suggests that some people develop intra- or interpersonal vulnerabilities that predispose them to respond to challenging or stressful events with affective or social dysregulation, creating a need to use NSSI or some other extreme behavior to modulate their experience. Preliminary evidence for such vulnerabilities comes from laboratory-based studies.
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Why libs are so into alcohol and drugs, and live for the left wing media mothership!

There are many noninjurious ways to regulate emotions (e.g., exercise, alcohol) or communicate with others (e.g., talking, gesturing). So why use NSSI? Below I present several specific processes proposed to increase the likelihood that a person will use NSSI to serve these functions. These hypothesized processes each have preliminary empirical support and represent some of the most intriguing current directions for NSSI research.

Social Learning Hypothesis

The decision to engage in NSSI undoubtedly is influenced by observing the behavior being used by others. Indeed, most self-injurers report first learning about the behavior from friends, family, and the media. Interestingly, there has been a sharp increase in references to NSSI in movies, songs, print media, and the Internet over the past decade (Whitlock, Purington, & Gershkovich, 2009), which may help explain the apparent increase in this behavior over the same period.

Self-Punishment Hypothesis

Self-punishment or self-deprecation also may motivate NSSI, with NSSI representing a form of self-directed abuse learned via repeated abuse or criticism by others. This would explain further how and why childhood abuse is associated with the behavior. Recent research supports this hypothesis, by showing that the relation between childhood abuse and NSSI is mediated by adolescent self-criticism (Glassman, Weierich, Hooley, Deliberto, & Nock, 2007). Moreover, many self-injurers endorse self-punishment as a primary motivator for NSSI (Nock & Prinstein, 2004).

Social Signaling Hypothesis

NSSI can be especially effective as a means of social communication and influence precisely because it is a harmful, and thus costly, behavior (Hagen, Watson, & Hammerstein, 2008; Nock, 2008). As demonstrated in research on animal communication, signaling behaviors that are costly to perform are more likely to be believed by other animals because otherwise producing them would not pay off (Hauser, 1996). Translating this principle to humans, high-intensity or high-cost behaviors (e.g., aggressive gestures, NSSI) are more likely to elicit desired responses from others than are low-intensity or low-cost behaviors (e.g., verbal requests). NSSI may be especially likely when other communication strategies have failed due to poor quality or clarity, or when less costly behaviors have not produced the desired effect due to an unresponsive or invalidating environment (Wedig & Nock, 2007).
jazzy cake

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

I know I have paid health and car insurance for the last 40 plus years and I have never had either one to go down, no matter who was the President of the United States, go figure.
Beelzebub

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
And reading clearly isn't your strong suite! The second Amendment is as clear as day, which is why liberals like you try to redefine it. No one said anything about "creative flights of imagination" or the NRA or gun manufactures. People like you on the far-left blame the gun instead of blaming the individual. I bet if people were hanging themselves you would want to limit people from having rope. It's the leftist like you who don't believe in the Constitution which is why you would like to rewrite it.
That's nice. It has nothing at all to do with what I posted earlier, though. So how about we try something a little more difficult for you to tap dance around...a direct question. What does the following phrase mean to you?

"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State;"

Does it stand on its own? Does it modify what comes after? Does it serve to provide context, clarification, or exposition? Does it mean anything at all, and if not, why was it included?
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Beelzebub wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. It has nothing at all to do with what I posted earlier, though. So how about we try something a little more difficult for you to tap dance around...a direct question. What does the following phrase mean to you?
"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State;"
Does it stand on its own? Does it modify what comes after? Does it serve to provide context, clarification, or exposition? Does it mean anything at all, and if not, why was it included?
Sorry you can't figure those out on your own :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jay :)
Hope you're doing well also :)
Also Michigan too :)
Beelzebub

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you can't figure those out on your own :)
Obviously you don't know how to respond when someone asks what something means to *you*. Or else, you're an idiot who thinks they're being clever. Either way.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Beelzebub wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't know how to respond when someone asks what something means to *you*. Or else, you're an idiot who thinks they're being clever. Either way.
I'm an "idiot" :)

I- Intelligent
D- Driven
I- Independent
O- Older
T- TOPIX Poster ...

Who can SEE bullchit a mile away :)
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

hey libs, wheres your oblamer bailout? Guess he doesn't need your votes now does he! Wheres all those conservative cities that are filing bankruptcy? WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder!

==========
Detroit slashes jobs as bankruptcy rumors build

Detroit Mayor Dave Bing announced at a press conference Friday afternoon that the city would lay off 400-500 workers over the next few months. The city is struggling to fix its troubled finances and stave off a possible Chapter 9 bankruptcy, even as the mayor and city council clash over how to solve the problem.

If Detroit can't get its financial house in order, it could become the largest U.S. city -- at a population of 700,000 -- to file for bankruptcy protection. Earlier this year, two mid-sized California cities -- Stockton and San Bernardino -- filed for bankruptcy.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/detroit-slash...
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Some more hope and change! Great job libs! What vision!

Al Qaeda expansion in Libya part of long-term terror vision

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/07/al...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jay :)
Hope you're doing well also :)
Also Michigan too :)

Hey there AL.

I've been looking at a website that shows you exactly where certain people live; their names and the satellite view of their home. Actually I was looking at mine. All you need is an address. Interesting enough you can span the neighborhood also, and the names of the people in the neighborhood also appear. If they have a phone that is listed, you also get the phone number. As you pan through this, you can tell exactly how many live in the household and all their names.

What might be of concern to people with young girls is who may be stalking your daughter or wife maybe - or just wanting to know where you live. It can be used in nefarious ways also, by anyone who has ulterior motives or who might be casing your neighborhood. Maybe they just want to watch your home so they can steal the trailer behind your shed.....LOL!

Anyway, I liked it better when all we had was a phone book.

8)
KYMI

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Hey libs, watch this video about 3,000 times and maybe you will start to understand why 2013 is going to be a great year economically, NOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,541 - 61,560 of138,773
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min curious 122,876
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 52 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,436
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 54 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,684
License plate number 613-LHN 2 hr wha 6
New Family Court Judge NEEDED!!! 3 hr no way 43
Thompson Park Boat Ramp 4 hr gator 5
Best elementary school 4 hr jennifer 17
Corey vs. Collins 8 hr jim 58
•••