'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Nerd Rage

Lynnwood, WA

#67444 Dec 7, 2012
Beelzebub wrote:
So where's this "well-regulated militia" then? Who's in charge of it? I mean, something that's "necessary to the security of a free State" ought to be easy to locate and identify.
That part is consistently overlooked by gun nuts who think the Second Amendment gives them carte blanche to own as many weapons for whatever purpose they wish.
It ain't necessarily so.....
If you don't understand the 2nd Amendment then I would suggest you read up on it, instead of asking posters of Topix to explain it to you. It is very clearly written. You CAN own as many as you like and your reasons are personal and private so you won't need the govt to help you decide that for you. Who are you to decide what is necessary and what isn't? If you can shred this amendment then why not shred the first amendment as well. I think all people shouldn't talk after 9pm on the phone... It's not needed...I can just make up stuff like that all day on what I think is needed or not.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67445 Dec 7, 2012
Nerd Rage wrote:
What does the Fiscal cliff mean to most of you? I'm curious as to how you think it will impact you or your community.
Intelligent feed back only please.
(WTF need not apply, you don't qualify anyways)
What will happen, our politicians going on Christmas vacation ...first thing first, right?

Our politicians had 18 months to solve this problem...NO, they have to wait till the last minute and try to make worse than what it is, so people would panic and than "they can get a way with murder"...increase taxes, cut on seniors cost of living increase... increase Medicare premium and cut Medicare and Medicaid payments ...but,
NO SPENDING CUTS...

WHAT ABOUT IF COUNTRY GOES OVER THE FISCAL
CLIFF, THEY ALL JUMP...BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL ADDICTED TO SPENDING AND ROBBING THEIR OWN CITIZEN BLIND AND WILL GET A WAY WITH IT...if it is anyone of us, we would be in jail in a heart beat ...you can believe anything they're saying ...

ALL OF THEM ARE LIARS, CORRUPTED AND A BANDITS! THEY DON'T WORK FOR US ANY LONGER WE ALL WORK FOR THEM ...
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67446 Dec 7, 2012
..you *can't*
Nerd Rage

Seattle, WA

#67447 Dec 7, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
What will happen, our politicians going on Christmas vacation ...first thing first, right?
Our politicians had 18 months to solve this problem...NO, they have to wait till the last minute and try to make worse than what it is, so people would panic and than "they can get a way with murder"...increase taxes, cut on seniors cost of living increase... increase Medicare premium and cut Medicare and Medicaid payments ...but,
NO SPENDING CUTS...
WHAT ABOUT IF COUNTRY GOES OVER THE FISCAL
CLIFF, THEY ALL JUMP...BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL ADDICTED TO SPENDING AND ROBBING THEIR OWN CITIZEN BLIND AND WILL GET A WAY WITH IT...if it is anyone of us, we would be in jail in a heart beat ...you can believe anything they're saying ...
ALL OF THEM ARE LIARS, CORRUPTED AND A BANDITS! THEY DON'T WORK FOR US ANY LONGER WE ALL WORK FOR THEM ...
Ya I think you're right. A large part of me wants to go over the cliff an see how many Americans get pissed about what the Fed govt. is doing because I don't think most Americans even know or understand how this will impact their spending or their taxes. I just don't want to see it hurt the senior citizens who I think will suffer the most because a vast majority of them are on a fixed budget.

Also it really pisses me off because these politicians wait until the last minute to do something when this issues has been going on so long that the elections just put Americans on hold. I think that any business would have solved this 2 years ago but for some reason idiot politicians can't seem to stop playing childish games of who to blame when none of this will affect any of them. The middle class will once again get screwed by both parties I think.
Jay

Paris, TN

#67448 Dec 7, 2012
Beelzebub wrote:
So where's this "well-regulated militia" then? Who's in charge of it? I mean, something that's "necessary to the security of a free State" ought to be easy to locate and identify.
That part is consistently overlooked by gun nuts who think the Second Amendment gives them carte blanche to own as many weapons for whatever purpose they wish.
It ain't necessarily so.....

Try this for starters....

http://www.legion.org/magazine/1533/well-regu...
thirdwurldamerik a

Sheridan, AR

#67449 Dec 7, 2012
it doesnt really matter what happens if its bad the leftwingwhackadoos will blame republicans , even though they control 2/3rds of the government people have lost their minds in this country all that matters to em is a check birth control pills and food stamps, try to give one of the sorry bowstids a job first thing they say is can you pay cash so it wont mess up my bennies
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67450 Dec 7, 2012
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I think you're right. A large part of me wants to go over the cliff an see how many Americans get pissed about what the Fed govt. is doing because I don't think most Americans even know or understand how this will impact their spending or their taxes. I just don't want to see it hurt the senior citizens who I think will suffer the most because a vast majority of them are on a fixed budget.
Also it really pisses me off because these politicians wait until the last minute to do something when this issues has been going on so long that the elections just put Americans on hold. I think that any business would have solved this 2 years ago but for some reason idiot politicians can't seem to stop playing childish games of who to blame when none of this will affect any of them. The middle class will once again get screwed by both parties I think.
You don't think, you are correct ...our politicians don't care, both parties ...I have a neighbor, on SSI on about $860.00 a month living in the motel,$650.00 rent and a $210.00 a month for groceries,.99 cents store and food bank...according to our government, she makes to much money a month to be eligible for food stamps...how many people are like that, but there is way around for illegals.
Does our government cares, hell NO...they are all filthy rich, investing in other countries, nice car, furniture, paintings and poor people struggle and stay here on forum and defend our corrupted BASTARDS politicians ...

Look on middle east, protest after protest and not going home, till politicians doo something ...

Write letters, call White House, complain ...doo something ...everybody ...don't just listen and buy every bull crap, our politicians are selling...

OBAMA SAID PASS TAX INCREASE AND THAN WE CAN TALK ABOUT SPENDING CUTS ...B.S.!!!!!!!!!
Jay

Paris, TN

#67451 Dec 7, 2012
Smith & Wesson Posts 48% Increase In Second Quarter Sales As Demand Surges For All Firearm Products

U.S. firearms manufacturer Smith & Wesson reported a 48 percent increase in sales in its announcement of the company's second-quarter financial results for fiscal year 2013.

The company's press release read:

"Net sales from continuing operations for the second quarter were a record $136.6 million, up 48.0% from the second quarter last year. The increase was led by continued strong sales across all of the company's firearm product lines."

As CNSNews.com previously reported, gun sales have surged since the reelection of Barack Obama, reaching an all-time single day record on Black Friday this year with 154,873 background checks completed by the FBI.

The press release also shows that the company now anticipates higher net sales from continuing operations. The latest projections estimate between $550.0 million and $560.0 million in net sales for fiscal year 2013, which would represent year-over-year growth from continuing operations of approximately 35.0%.

James Debney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation stated:

"Our strong fiscal second quarter financial performance reflects the ongoing successful execution of our strategic plan, and accordingly today we are increasing our full year fiscal 2013 financial guidance."

For their long detailed press release:

Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Reports Record Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results
- Record Fiscal Second Quarter 2013 Net Sales from Continuing Operations of $136.6 Million, Up 48.0% Year-Over-Year

- Fiscal Second Quarter 2013 Net Income from Continuing Operations of $16.4 Million, or $0.24 Per Diluted Share

- Company Raising Full Year Fiscal 2013 Financial Guidance

- Board of Directors Approves Plan to Repurchase Up to $20.0 Million in Common Stock

http://ir.smith-wesson.com/phoenix.zhtml...
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#67452 Dec 7, 2012
thirdwurldamerika wrote:
it doesnt really matter what happens if its bad the leftwingwhackadoos will blame republicans , even though they control 2/3rds of the government people have lost their minds in this country all that matters to em is a check birth control pills and food stamps, try to give one of the sorry bowstids a job first thing they say is can you pay cash so it wont mess up my bennies
Actually the Dems only control the White House. Senate Repubs have blocked every Bill put forth by the Dems.
Case in point:
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
(AP) WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans blocked legislation Wednesday that would have established a $1 billion jobs program putting veterans back to work tending to the country's federal lands and bolstering local police and fire departments.
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a Democratic measure championed by President Barack Obama to end tax breaks for the major oil companies.
at it again

Mason, MI

#67453 Dec 7, 2012
the obama regime is lying now about Syria getting ready to use chemical weapons on their own people, they don't have chemical weapons, they have not been verified by the UN as having them, he just wants to look presidential and fire a few missles, like Clinton did on the night of the impeachment vote. What a group of cowardist criminals, trying to start a war so he can look presidential.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67454 Dec 7, 2012
Clinton during his impeachment bombed Yugoslavia for 78 days and after everything was over, everyone forgot about Clinton and Monica Lewincky. Now, people in those areas are dying in big numbers of cancer and babies are born with defects because of depleted uranium ...talking about chemicals and Syria !!!!!

When government is preparing people and talking about chemicals in other countries, you know something is fishy going on...what is Obama going to doo? Don't forget Obama got Noble Peace prize. Was that sarcasm?????
KYMI

Lansing, MI

#67455 Dec 7, 2012
I see the sarcasim in that post, they are using the exact same arguments that the left wing anti-American libs used against Bush, with the exception that the UN actually verified chemical weapons in Iraq, it was sarcasim I'm sure.
KYMI

Lansing, MI

#67456 Dec 7, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think, you are correct ...our politicians don't care, both parties ...I have a neighbor, on SSI on about $860.00 a month living in the motel,$650.00 rent and a $210.00 a month for groceries,.99 cents store and food bank...according to our government, she makes to much money a month to be eligible for food stamps...how many people are like that, but there is way around for illegals.
Does our government cares, hell NO...they are all filthy rich, investing in other countries, nice car, furniture, paintings and poor people struggle and stay here on forum and defend our corrupted BASTARDS politicians ...
Look on middle east, protest after protest and not going home, till politicians doo something ...
Write letters, call White House, complain ...doo something ...everybody ...don't just listen and buy every bull crap, our politicians are selling...
OBAMA SAID PASS TAX INCREASE AND THAN WE CAN TALK ABOUT SPENDING CUTS ...B.S.!!!!!!!!!
I know people in the same situation, and they still support oblamer. Man, that kool aid is potent!
Beelzebub

Kuttawa, KY

#67458 Dec 7, 2012
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Try This:
Show up at your local county court house wearing a Turban and burn an American Flag...I think they will find you quickly!
You could have just said "I have no idea" instead of posting crap that makes you look like a bigoted assclown.
Jay

Paris, TN

#67459 Dec 7, 2012
Someone thinks the article written by The American Legion is "Spam" and the and the press release financial statement from Smith and Wesson is "Clueless."

That's hysterically funny.
mactruck

Bowling Green, KY

#67460 Dec 7, 2012
THIS THREAD is CLOSED
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67461 Dec 7, 2012
KYMI wrote:
I see the sarcasim in that post, they are using the exact same arguments that the left wing anti-American libs used against Bush, with the exception that the UN actually verified chemical weapons in Iraq, it was sarcasim I'm sure.
Why no one is asking about America's chemicals using on other nations. In Iraq for the last 10 yrs. babies are born with birth defects and people are dying of cancer. Why all of this wars? In Afghanistan American troops are patrolling poppy, opium fields. In Kosovo, Serbia...drugs, coming from Afghanistan ...Kosovo is "European Narco State"...also prostitution, human trafficking, and so much crime under NATO supervision ...In Kosovo, CAMP BONDSTEEL, 7,000 U.S. soldiers, doing what ...??? People believe everything government is telling them. Is this "war on drugs" or "war-drugs for profit"? Any clues?
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67462 Dec 7, 2012
KYMI wrote:
<quoted text>
I know people in the same situation, and they still support oblamer. Man, that kool aid is potent!
They're not aware yet, wait for next year, when people realize what is going on, with job loss and Obama care, also cuts on seniors, old and disabled...eventually the crap will hit the fan...
Beelzebub

Kuttawa, KY

#67463 Dec 7, 2012
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't understand the 2nd Amendment then I would suggest you read up on it, instead of asking posters of Topix to explain it to you. It is very clearly written. You CAN own as many as you like and your reasons are personal and private so you won't need the govt to help you decide that for you. Who are you to decide what is necessary and what isn't? If you can shred this amendment then why not shred the first amendment as well. I think all people shouldn't talk after 9pm on the phone... It's not needed...I can just make up stuff like that all day on what I think is needed or not.
Rhetorical questions aren't your strong suit are they, sweet cheeks?

Nobody's talking about "shredding" anything, so you can relax those hyperbolic twitches.

However, you are correct on one point. The 2nd Amendment is indeed clearly written, which is why I'm constantly amazed that it's so frequently misinterpreted. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..." informs the rest of the text. The primary reason the people are allowed to keep and bear arms in the context of the amendment is to provide the necessary manpower for a militia to defend the state, particularly since the Constitution doesn't provide for a standing army. That's it. Anything else is the product of some rather creative flights of imagination, not to mentioned the self-serving promotions of gun manufacturers and their political mouthpiece, the NRA.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67464 Dec 7, 2012
mactruck wrote:
THIS THREAD is CLOSED
Who said you?

MOVE IT...!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min Yes and Amen 131,391
who will you vote for as jailer 53 min Inside scoop 25
Concealed Carry Classes (Jun '09) 58 min armed citizan 23
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 1 hr Mitch 5
Norma Ray Brock 5 hr curious 1
howard davis (Aug '12) 7 hr dizzyone1313 32
Mike Baker needs to run the Jail 7 hr Jumper Cable 6
Family Court Judge 7 hr decided voter 49
Who works at both the Advocate and the jail? 8 hr Patty 11
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search