'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
61,381 - 61,400 of 150,370 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
SPLC

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Hal Rogers said last winter "Helping feed the poor is like feeding stray animals, they will only come back for more when their hungry again". Does that make you proud? I have read posts from repubs on here saying"If i catch a snot nose little welfare rat (child)rummiginy through my garbage I'll shoot the little bastard! " Does that make you a proud republican?
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSHIT! I am trained to shoot a brain at 500 yards!
I have owned a gun since I was 7.
I have pulled my handgun 3 times in my life, prevented harm and theft...NEVER KILLED anyone!
My Military service was "Peacetime"...If I had to kill for my country I would have...in a heart-beat.
A gun against another human is a LAST RESORT!
as in Self Defense...That's what guns are for.
I know that you served your time in the Marine Corp. I'm sure you know how - and the rules and responsibilities that go along with it.

There are two men in my household who have a right to carry. One was formerly in the USMC also. As you know, you are well scrutinized before they even consider you. You must pass government testing, and those who scrutinize you take you back as far as your records go to make sure you have nothing in that past record that would prevent them for okaying your right to carry. As you know, they do not hand them out like candy.

And then there comes the renewal fee and another check on your record before they renew it. So anybody who thinks it's easy to get a permit....go try and buy a gun and get yourself a card --- legally.
SPLC

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Jesus said: It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to enter the gates of heaven. Please tell me the republican interpretation of that saying.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

U.S.-Approved Arms for Libya Rebels Fell Into Jihadis’ Hands

The experience in Libya has taken on new urgency as the administration considers whether to play a direct role in arming rebels in Syria, where weapons are flowing in from Qatar and other countries.

The Obama administration did not initially raise objections when Qatar began shipping arms to opposition groups in Syria, even if it did not offer encouragement, according to current and former administration officials. But they said the United States has growing concerns that, just as in Libya, the Qataris are equipping some of the wrong militants.

American officials say that the United Arab Emirates first approached the Obama administration during the early months of the Libyan uprising, asking for permission to ship American-built weapons that the United States had supplied for the emirates’ use. The administration rejected that request, but instead urged the emirates to ship weapons to Libya that could not be traced to the United States.

“The U.A.E. was asking for clearance to send U.S. weapons,” said one former official.“We told them it’s O.K. to ship other weapons.”

For its part, Qatar supplied weapons made outside the United States, including French- and Russian-designed arms, according to people familiar with the shipments.

Mr. Turi said he believed that United States officials had shut down his proposed arms pipeline because he was getting in the way of the Obama administration’s dealings with Qatar. The Qataris, he complained, imposed no controls on who got the weapons.“They just handed them out like candy,” he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/world/afric... ;
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

SPLC wrote:
<quoted text>
You just want to argue. The poor old woman was eating the cat food because she couldn't afford human food. Republicans try to dehumanize other is why I said call me a bleeding heart. Of course you completely ignored that or to shallow to understand. Read it again....just forget it. You only see what you want to see. I can't help you on that.

Perhaps if you were more specific?

No, I don't just want to argue. In your first post you said she was buying cat food, you did not say for herself. You implied, and that implication led me to believe she was perhaps poor, but buying to feed one coming to her door.

If you know that she is doing this for a fact - you would better serve her if you contacted your local Department of Human Services or Health Dept., and ask if they have "Meals on Wheels" some local charities do this also. If she's elderly they will help. She doesn't have to know it was you who called. You also say she would never accept charity. Then how will you serve her needs?
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

SPLC wrote:
Jesus said: It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to enter the gates of heaven. Please tell me the republican interpretation of that saying.
Matthew 19:24 ...
What's the Democrat?:)
SPLC

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you served your time in the Marine Corp. I'm sure you know how - and the rules and responsibilities that go along with it.
There are two men in my household who have a right to carry. One was formerly in the USMC also. As you know, you are well scrutinized before they even consider you. You must pass government testing, and those who scrutinize you take you back as far as your records go to make sure you have nothing in that past record that would prevent them for okaying your right to carry. As you know, they do not hand them out like candy.
And then there comes the renewal fee and another check on your record before they renew it. So anybody who thinks it's easy to get a permit....go try and buy a gun and get yourself a card --- legally.
I was among the first to apply and get a conceal and carry license when ky first passed the law. I carry a colt 45. And have been carrying a gun even before the law was past. I had no choice but to protect myself from a family of bullies that have killed and only got light sentences. There is a loaded 44mag S&W laying on my computer table right now. And yes ,I have used a gun on a drug addled thief who kicked my door in and tried to rob and kill me. Am I proud of that? No but I did what I had to do.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

SPLC wrote:
<quoted text>
No disagreement here. That was my point. Sorry to disappoint you.
No disappointment here either. You posted a screwy article, written by a rich screwball and I agreed with you. Except for the Republican part because that didn't make sense that allll Republican's would agree with this nut just because he is alleged to be Republican.
Okay?
SPLC

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you were more specific?
No, I don't just want to argue. In your first post you said she was buying cat food, you did not say for herself. You implied, and that implication led me to believe she was perhaps poor, but buying to feed one coming to her door.
If you know that she is doing this for a fact - you would better serve her if you contacted your local Department of Human Services or Health Dept., and ask if they have "Meals on Wheels" some local charities do this also. If she's elderly they will help. She doesn't have to know it was you who called. You also say she would never accept charity. Then how will you serve her needs?
I tried that she refused their help. I invite her over for dinner all the time. Sometimes she comes but rarely. I take her food and say "feed this to the cats please or it will just be thrown out". She will begrudging agree. But I have never seen a cat on her property or in her house when she invites me and the wife in.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

SPLC wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that she refused their help. I invite her over for dinner all the time. Sometimes she comes but rarely. I take her food and say "feed this to the cats please or it will just be thrown out". She will begrudging agree. But I have never seen a cat on her property or in her house when she invites me and the wife in.

This is sad, indeed. There is more to this woman than she is letting on. There is pride here somewhere in her manner or past. No children? No family? Many mysteries prevail. Perhaps if she learns to trust you the truth will eventually come out, or she will destroy her health eating these scraps they make for animals.

Cat food is said to be unhealthy for dogs, even, though they will eat it just fine. A vet told my daughter, do not let your dog eat the cat's food. It's designed for the digestive system of cats and can do harm to the dog's liver. This is a fact - not making this up.

I wish you luck with your friend.
SPLC

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

She has no family that I know of. If she does she never mentions them. Maybe someday she will trust me enough. Just by the looks of her you can tell she has lived a hard life.
Goodnight and God bless.
poot

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

dang, man.............

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

SPLC wrote:
Ed Henry:Fox has never denied that prime-time stars like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are opinionated. Daytime hours and programs hosted by Shepard Smith and Bret Baier are set aside for news, although it's naive to suggest there's no point of view.
Three recent episodes illustrate the point. Fox aired 27 minutes of Obama speaking during four days just before the election – compared to 168 minutes of Republican challenger Mitt Romney Blah!
...and so so "One" openly Pro-America Cable News network is "MORE THAN Fair" to Conservative points of view and Candidates; how does that compare with the "LAME STREAM MEDIA" and those dozens Liberal/Progressive Pimps of Poverty?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.military.com/video/specialties-and...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

The Brainwashing of American Children:
N Summit: Transforming Your Kids into “Climate Change Agents”

Try this experiment: Take half a glass of water and mark the water level with an erasable marker or crayon.
Place one large ice cube in that half glass of water...mark the new water level.
Allow enough time for the ice to melt...now look at the water level, and notice the water is at the same level as before the ice melted!
The ice simply displaced it's own volume, there are NO RISING SEA LEVELS! Beach erosion is a NATURAL Phenomena!

http://thenewamerican.com/world-news/item/138...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Try this experiment: Take half a glass of water and mark the water level with an erasable marker or crayon.
Place one large ice cube in that half glass of water...mark the new water level.
Allow enough time for the ice to melt...now look at the water level, and notice the water is at the same level as before the ice melted!
The ice simply displaced it's own volume, there are NO RISING SEA LEVELS! Beach erosion is a NATURAL Phenomena!
When floating ice melts, does the water level rise?

http://www.planetseed.com/posted_faq/50440

Water expands when it freezes, so you might think that when it melts and reduces in size, the water level will go down. Alternatively, because part of the ice floats the water, you might think that when it melts, the water level will rise.

Neither is true, as explained by Archimedes principles.

When an ice cube (or an iceberg, which is a big ice cube) floats in water, then by definition the weight of the ice cube is exactly equal to the buoyancy force, which is equal to the weight of the displaced water.

When the ice cube melts, its volume changes, but its weight is conserved (law of the conservation of mass). So the melted water from the ice cube has exactly the same weight as the water that was displaced by the ice cube when it was frozen -- therefore the volume of melted water fits exactly in the previously displaced volume -- and the water level stays the same.

Note that this argument applies only if the ice cube is made of the same water as the water that it is floating in. This is true, for example, with the Arctic ice pack, which is made of frozen sea water. However, it is not true for Antarctic icebergs, which are blocks of fresh-water ice from the continent that are floating in salt-water sea. In this case, we must take into account that the salt water is denser than the fresh water. The fresh-water iceberg still weighs as much as the weight of the displaced salt water, but because of the difference in density, the volume of melted fresh water will be slightly greater than the displaced volume of salt water -- so when the iceberg melts, the water level will rise, although the difference is very small.

If the ice is melting due to a rise in temperature of the water, then the water level might rise because of thermal expansion - related to, but not because of, the ice melting.

If the ice was totally or partly supported on the bottom of the vessel (or sea), then when it melts the water level will certainly rise. In the limit, if there was no water in the vessel at the start of the experiment, there clearly will be at the end, and it is obvious the water level has risen. This is a key problem resulting from global warming – melting ice that was covering land areas such as Antarctica and Greenland is adding to sea levels.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
When floating ice melts, does the water level rise?
http://www.planetseed.com/posted_faq/50440
Water expands when it freezes, so you might think that when it melts and reduces in size, the water level will go down. Alternatively, because part of the ice floats the water, you might think that when it melts, the water level will rise.
Neither is true, as explained by Archimedes principles.
When an ice cube (or an iceberg, which is a big ice cube) floats in water, then by definition the weight of the ice cube is exactly equal to the buoyancy force, which is equal to the weight of the displaced water.
When the ice cube melts, its volume changes, but its weight is conserved (law of the conservation of mass). So the melted water from the ice cube has exactly the same weight as the water that was displaced by the ice cube when it was frozen -- therefore the volume of melted water fits exactly in the previously displaced volume -- and the water level stays the same.
Note that this argument applies only if the ice cube is made of the same water as the water that it is floating in. This is true, for example, with the Arctic ice pack, which is made of frozen sea water. However, it is not true for Antarctic icebergs, which are blocks of fresh-water ice from the continent that are floating in salt-water sea. In this case, we must take into account that the salt water is denser than the fresh water. The fresh-water iceberg still weighs as much as the weight of the displaced salt water, but because of the difference in density, the volume of melted fresh water will be slightly greater than the displaced volume of salt water -- so when the iceberg melts, the water level will rise, although the difference is very small.
If the ice is melting due to a rise in temperature of the water, then the water level might rise because of thermal expansion - related to, but not because of, the ice melting.
If the ice was totally or partly supported on the bottom of the vessel (or sea), then when it melts the water level will certainly rise. In the limit, if there was no water in the vessel at the start of the experiment, there clearly will be at the end, and it is obvious the water level has risen. This is a key problem resulting from global warming – melting ice that was covering land areas such as Antarctica and Greenland is adding to sea levels.
How much of the earths surface is covered by water?
How much covered by land actually has significant glaciers?
Not enough to cause "Global Change"!
About those rising sea levels: they have been rising for 18,000 years, and there is no evidence that the current rate of rise is affected by temperature; 20th-century data show no acceleration.
Have you seen Man-Bear-Pig?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
See your house in a Snow Globe... CLICK ON THE SITE BELOW, PUT IN YOUR ADDRESS AND WATCH IT!

http://www.draftfcb.com/holiday2011/
wtf

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
...and so so "One" openly Pro-America Cable News network is "MORE THAN Fair" to Conservative points of view and Candidates; how does that compare with the "LAME STREAM MEDIA" and those dozens Liberal/Progressive Pimps of Poverty?
Faux is propaganda you silly dipshit.
wtf

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

You simple minded dumbass now go watch your Faux.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info