'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
61,321 - 61,340 of 151,239 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

#67315 Dec 6, 2012
Nobody in charge at office that inspected Benghazi security

The OIG is technically led by Deputy Inspector General Harold Geisel, who has served since June 2008.

But the lack of an appointed and confirmed head weakens the credibility and efficacy of OIG, according to Danielle Brian, executive director of the Project on Government Oversight.

“It’s actually illegal for that person to continue to be called an acting director, because he was in that position for so long but he was not elevated to be nominated to be the official IG,” Brian told The DCNF.“There is a total lack of leadership, a lack of confidence on the part of that office to take on the difficult tasks, because they don’t have the political cover of someone who’s been confirmed by the Senate to take this important job on.”

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/06/nobody-in-c...

ratamacue76 • 2 hours ago −
That is pretty messed up that we have had no real Inspector General in four years. The Obama Admin. is inept in all areas.
6 •Reply•Share ›

thephranc ratamacue76 • an hour ago
Its not ineptitude its planned. You can't be inspected if there is no IG and if there is one you make up lies about how old and mentally deficient they are to get them out of the way to shield your wife and basketball buddy.
4 •Reply•Share ›

Steveglen thephranc • an hour ago
Spot on.
Which is the same reason we have no budget.
The same reason obama goes to the golf course when critical issues like the fiscal cliff and the Benghazi inquiries are going on, so he can claim ignorance of the details.
The same reason no one knows who was in charge of fast and Furious, or who turned down the Benghazi Embassys' request for more security.

But we know it isn't really an excuse, or even incompetence, to use a code word. And, believe it or not, bozos' approval rating is +7.6%.

edit: I'd just add, where the heck was Hillary in all of this? Isn't it supposed to be her job to do it, even without an inspector?
==========
*_*
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67316 Dec 6, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that Liberals always think of animals when they think of sex?
I have read wtf's posts making fun of your stupidity.
I have seen wtf make a complete fool of you.
And you sir are no wtf!

BTW why do you keep bringing up gay stuff?
I am not amused with your gay flirtations.
I like sweet velvety women, not the heman reug kind.
And FYI I'm an Independent.
Re-Read your weekly Logcabin repub lickin newz letter.
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67317 Dec 6, 2012
Michigander wrote:
<quoted text>
Because liberals act like animals
There you go projecting again.

Why aren't you repeating your BAAAA sound?
When are you going to figure out that goat you're trying to milk is a male? lol
BTW great comeback, to bad it took you almost 24 hours to think one up. heh!
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67318 Dec 6, 2012
Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes:'We Lost The Election'

Even this GUY knows when to stop being such a teabag. lol
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67319 Dec 6, 2012
Justin Amash (R-Mich.) and Tim Huelskamp
Two other members, Reps. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) and Walter Jones (R-N.C.), lost their positions
Four more tea baggers thrown overboard.

On Tuesday, the GOP leadership booted two representatives off the House Budget Committee. Reps. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) and Tim Huelskamp (R-Kansas), both Tea Party favorites, were the only representatives to vote against Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wis.) budget this year, arguing that it did not cut spending enough.

Two other members, Reps. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) and Walter Jones (R-N.C.), lost their positions on the Financial Services Committee.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has stated that his purge had nothing to do with the members' ideology. Rather, they were booted from their committees for their frequent refusal to toe the GOP party line.

Well Well.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67320 Dec 6, 2012
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't make it right. Or safe.
Morality is doing what is right no matter what you're told.
My nation's constitution trumps what you consider as "morality"
Guns don't kill, people do. People that have no regard for our laws are those that have morality problems.
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67321 Dec 6, 2012
Ed Henry:Fox has never denied that prime-time stars like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are opinionated. Daytime hours and programs hosted by Shepard Smith and Bret Baier are set aside for news, although it's naive to suggest there's no point of view.

Three recent episodes illustrate the point. Fox aired 27 minutes of Obama speaking during four days just before the election – compared to 168 minutes of Republican challenger Mitt Romney Blah!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67322 Dec 6, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Germany was there to BAIL OUT Greece ...
Who will BAIL OUT America ???
Should we continue the unabated spending and see, or should we cut govt spending and bail ourselves out?
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67323 Dec 6, 2012
Ken Fisher, Billionaire Forbes Writer, Attempts To Argue That The U.S. Needs Fewer Jobs

For years Americans have pondered the mystery of how to create more jobs. Turns out we've been thinking about it all wrong: What we need are fewer jobs.

Billionaire investor and author Ken Fisher explains in Forbes -- the Christmas Eve issue, on newsstands soon!-- that "Job Growth Is Overrated."

"Believe it or not, I’m for fewer jobs, not more," he starts out.

OK, this is a good start: It is good to acknowledge right up front that readers might not quite believe that a sentient human being is somehow against more jobs.

But you expect that maybe Fisher is then going to do a bait-and-switch of some kind: He says he's against jobs, but what he really means is that he is for some other mind-blowing kind of employment that's not exactly a "job" as we commonly think of the term. Like being a financial advisor, say. Or maybe Fisher is sort of like a Situationist, somebody who believes the entire social construct of "work" is a sham that keeps people from ever truly enjoying life. Fine, sounds good.

But, no, what Fisher means is that he really, really can't stand jobs, or people who want them, or people who want to create them:

"Throughout 2012 we heard politicians and pundits of all stripes yammering endlessly on the need for job growth—that we don’t have enough jobs," he continues. "It’s pure rubbish."

Oooo...k?
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67324 Dec 6, 2012
Jobs, Fisher explains, are actually signs of weakness in the economy. Jobs mean we can't produce stuff without human beings lousing up the place, instead of nice, clean robots, which are not constantly pestering you for health care and maternity leave and breaks. The greater our economy's productivity, the less we need of such nuisances.
"In the long run we will all benefit," Fisher says, by nobody having any jobs any more, forever. He then goes on to extol the virtues of investing in a handful of companies he says will be top-notch at destroying jobs, including Anheuser-Busch InBev and Walmart.

OMG! What kind of monsters have the repubs unleashed?
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67325 Dec 6, 2012
serpentarius wrote:
<quoted text>have to start somewhere.
<quoted text>already been posting showing that obama's admin is the lowest spending president since eisenhower.
<quoted text>already been discussed in previous line. you're slow, very slow.
<quoted text>no one but you is suggesting it will. cuts have been made already. cuts in payouts for medicare and medicaid benefits, cuts in defense spending, cuts in other social programs. now it's time to raise the taxes on those who have been getting rich on tax cuts. the free ride is over for every one and not just some.
<quoted text>presidents take vacations. it's part of the human experience; especially when you work.
<quoted text>then stop voting the same people back into office.
You are stupid very stupid ...bug off ...get lost ...!!!
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67326 Dec 6, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Should we continue the unabated spending and see, or should we cut govt spending and bail ourselves out?
Right! Do you think government cares? They are all going on vacation.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#67327 Dec 6, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>My nation's constitution trumps what you consider as "morality"
Guns don't kill, people do. People that have no regard for our laws are those that have morality problems.
Bullshit. A guns SOLE purpose is to kill.

If the problem is really "people kill," then the solution shouldn't be "Here, people, have this instrument that makes it super easy to kill.

Location hidden

#67328 Dec 6, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Do you think government cares? They are all going on vacation.
I'm going on vacation. I can't wait!
SPLC

Tampa, FL

#67331 Dec 6, 2012
I'm going to be a secret Santa this year. Especially to a sweet old lady in my neighborhood. I see her buying food for her cats every time I see her in our local store. I found out recently, she doesn't own any cats:( She would NEVER accept charity.
Call me a bleeding heart liberal, I don't give a damn what the repubs think!!

Since: Dec 11

#67334 Dec 6, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>My nation's constitution trumps what you consider as "morality"
I just got back from the "Gun Show" bought some tracer ammo...now I can make Christmas decorations with Pill-Billys!

Try and steal my stuff...I'll stuff YOU!
BTW if guns kill, how the heck did I make it out of that Gun Show alive?

Location hidden

#67335 Dec 6, 2012
SPLC wrote:
I'm going to be a secret Santa this year. Especially to a sweet old lady in my neighborhood. I see her buying food for her cats every time I see her in our local store. I found out recently, she doesn't own any cats:( She would NEVER accept charity.
Call me a bleeding heart liberal, I don't give a damn what the repubs think!!
I'd call you a giver.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67336 Dec 6, 2012
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to you being a genius and everyone caring what you're doing, correct??
Hop off that high horse and get a grip on reality.
I was not saying I'm going on vacation, you did imbecile..that's why I say no one gives a sht what you're doing ...get it????? I didn't say I was genius.
Why was I on a "high horse"???
We the people are paying for Obama's vacation. We don't pay for yours ...get it...
Now, PISS OFF...you IDIOT!!!!!
Stank Finger

Pikeville, KY

#67337 Dec 6, 2012
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd call you a giver.
I call you stupid much .

Since: Dec 11

#67338 Dec 6, 2012
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. A guns SOLE purpose is to kill.
If the problem is really "people kill," then the solution shouldn't be "Here, people, have this instrument that makes it super easy to kill.
BULLSHIT! I am trained to shoot a brain at 500 yards!
I have owned a gun since I was 7.
I have pulled my handgun 3 times in my life, prevented harm and theft...NEVER KILLED anyone!
My Military service was "Peacetime"...If I had to kill for my country I would have...in a heart-beat.
A gun against another human is a LAST RESORT!
as in Self Defense...That's what guns are for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min ret 1,422
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Mike Duquette 130,525
joann gregory 1 hr Go Figure 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Advertisment 26,226
Flat Lick Auction 3 hr Question 8
C is for Cookie 4 hr Waldorf and Statler 1
atv drags (Nov '08) 5 hr Hannibal 25
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 6 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••