'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Hmmm

Williamsburg, KY

#67271 Dec 6, 2012

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#67272 Dec 6, 2012
According to the gun lobby, the solution to the problem of gun violence in America is to allow unfettered, unmonitored access to guns by whoever wants them, in whatever quantities they want them, with no background check necessary, including frequent sales to known terrorists. Our current regulatory policy is literally "no questions asked."

Common sense regulation similar to how our nation monitors car ownership and use needs to be put in place, because our children are dying. Not only is such an act permissible under the Constitution, it's mandated.

According to the Children’s Defense Fund, two-thirds of the 5,740 children and teens killed by guns in 2008 and 2009 were victims of homicide. About one-quarter were victims of suicide. And another 5 percent died from gun accidents or other unknown causes. During that same period, 173 preschoolers were killed by guns, compared with 89 law enforcement officers who were killed in the line of duty.

Read that last sentence again. It's the reason I posted this.

http://issuu.com/cdfweb/docs/protect-children...
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#67273 Dec 6, 2012
ILoveitHere wrote:
Every couple of days, I will have a person complain to me that I’m too aggressive or mean. I’m told,“You catch more flies with honey.”“Why do you belittle conservatives?”“You won’t change their minds that way.”
We didn’t win the 2012 election by being nice and trying to compromise. We won by making sure the country knew what it is that Republicans truly believe:
Rape is not rape if the woman gets pregnant. Or if she didn’t fight hard enough. Or if she was wearing sexy clothes.
Women who use birth control are sluts and whores.
Black people on food stamps are lazy.
Muslims are all terrorists.
Homosexuals are just like pedophiles.
Evolution is lies from the pit of hell.
This is who they’ve allowed themselves to become and we should try and reason with these people? I don’t think so. Rather, we should hold them up for the public to see and ridicule.
Moderate conservatives should be shamed for their continued support of the GOP. Independents should be horrified by the bile that spews forth from the right. And just to reiterate: THERE IS NO EQUIVALENT ON THE LEFT. Liberals do not actually say,“we love abortion!” or that Christianity should be banned and Sharia law instituted. The craziest fringe of the left says that we shouldn’t eat meat and all guns should be outlawed. When was the last time a liberal lawmaker even jokingly tried to pass a bill like that? For god’s sake, one Republican suggested that the law should be changed so abortion doctors could be legally murdered! These are disturbed people trapped in an echo chamber that only drives them further to the fringes of the right. They just lost an election that they had every opportunity to win. Why? Because they opened their mouths and the public heard what they stand for. The public recoiled from their extremism. What has the GOP and the right wing media decided to do? Double down on the extremism.
So, no, I won’t be catching more flies with honey. I will continue to show others the intellectual and moral vacuum that exists in the Fox News bubble. I will continue to heap scorn on them and treat them like the sick joke they are. I will arm other liberals with the knowledge of how to tear conservative “facts” apart like wet tissue paper. I will show independents and moderates the ugliness that underlies the modern conservative movement. Being polite and “taking the higher road” got us George W. Bush and 8 years of global bloodshed and economic ruin. If you think I’m only “sinking to their level” and I should be more accommodating maybe conservatives aren’t the only ones incapable of learning from their mistakes.
I took this from the blog Proud To Be A Filthy Liberal Scum. Spot on.
I must say this is a big pile of what my cows used to leave in the field.None but someone stupidly believing all this would even post it.

Since: Dec 11

#67275 Dec 6, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Let me interject a little "Common Sense" here; If WE Confiscated every cent the "Wealthiest Americans own" it woul not amount to a piss in a pond!
As a percentage og the GDP and/or Total deficit...All the currency, assets, and off-shore accounts and or holding of Americas citizens and corporations do not equal 10% of the "TRILLIONS" in dept amassed as a collective effort of CONGRESSIONAL SPENDING!

WE MUST CUT SPENDING! Stop fraud in the "Entitlements", stop benefits to "Illegals" stop sending millions in foriegn aid to those Nations who attack our embassies and BURN OUR FLAG!

IF one single person opposes this kind of reform...show your homework!
Give cause and show a real refference!

Location hidden

#67276 Dec 6, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
I must say this is a big pile of what my cows used to leave in the field.None but someone stupidly believing all this would even post it.
Well I suppose you would think that. It's about you. lol

#67277 Dec 6, 2012
>would< =[would]
>dept< =[debt]

distracted...writing a thesis paper and watching TV while on Topix! ha ha ha (and Christmas shopping!).

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67278 Dec 6, 2012
ILoveitHere wrote:
According to the gun lobby, the solution to the problem of gun violence in America is to allow unfettered, unmonitored access to guns by whoever wants them, in whatever quantities they want them, with no background check necessary, including frequent sales to known terrorists. Our current regulatory policy is literally "no questions asked."
Common sense regulation similar to how our nation monitors car ownership and use needs to be put in place, because our children are dying. Not only is such an act permissible under the Constitution, it's mandated.
According to the Children’s Defense Fund, two-thirds of the 5,740 children and teens killed by guns in 2008 and 2009 were victims of homicide. About one-quarter were victims of suicide. And another 5 percent died from gun accidents or other unknown causes. During that same period, 173 preschoolers were killed by guns, compared with 89 law enforcement officers who were killed in the line of duty.
Read that last sentence again. It's the reason I posted this.
http://issuu.com/cdfweb/docs/protect-children...
Our Constitution as it stands at present gines us the right to keep and bear arms. It shall not be infringed upon.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#67279 Dec 6, 2012
<gives>

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#67280 Dec 6, 2012
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me interject a little "Common Sense" here; If WE Confiscated every cent the "Wealthiest Americans own" it woul not amount to a piss in a pond!
As a percentage og the GDP and/or Total deficit...All the currency, assets, and off-shore accounts and or holding of Americas citizens and corporations do not equal 10% of the "TRILLIONS" in dept amassed as a collective effort of CONGRESSIONAL SPENDING!
WE MUST CUT SPENDING! Stop fraud in the "Entitlements", stop benefits to "Illegals" stop sending millions in foriegn aid to those Nations who attack our embassies and BURN OUR FLAG!
I fully concur. Anyone with common sense would.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#67281 Dec 6, 2012
>would< =[would]
>dept< =[debt]
distracted...writing a thesis paper and watching TV while on Topix! ha ha ha (and Christmas shopping!).
You are very perceptive.
We do think alike, sometimes. LOL.
hjjgfff

Morgantown, KY

#67282 Dec 6, 2012
hehehehe
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#67283 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I have been busy awhile ARI>But certainly agree.Wonder why Obama and the democrats fail to understand this!Or,refuse to do anything about it.Not to say the Republicans did not start and do the same,but the lesson to be learned is"stop it".

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#67284 Dec 6, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been busy awhile ARI>But certainly agree.Wonder why Obama and the democrats fail to understand this!Or,refuse to do anything about it.Not to say the Republicans did not start and do the same,but the lesson to be learned is"stop it".
Stop the spending before our govt bankrupts the nation just as what happened in Greece.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67286 Dec 6, 2012
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/05/co...

CONGRESS VOTES TO REMOVE WORD 'LUNATIC' FROM LAW.

Our politicians have nothing else to doo...my God, they are ALL...
L~~~U~~~N~~~A~~~T~~~I~~~C~~~S !!!!!!!!!!
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#67287 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Funny how Bush43 used the same argument for lowering taxes as Dems use today to raise them.
Bush: " I don’t care what the polls say. I don’t. I think [my tax plan] is right for economic reasons. You’ve heard me talk about what’s wrong with this tax code. It’s wrong for people who are making $22,000 a year to pay a higher marginal rate on every dollar earned than someone making $200,000 a year. Polls are not going to change my opinion about what I think should happen".
Source: Press interview in Austin, TX Mar 15, 2000

Location hidden

#67290 Dec 6, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Our Constitution as it stands at present gines us the right to keep and bear arms. It shall not be infringed upon.
Doesn't make it right. Or safe.

Morality is doing what is right no matter what you're told.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#67291 Dec 6, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Stop the spending before our govt bankrupts the nation just as what happened in Greece.
Germany was there to BAIL OUT Greece ...
Who will BAIL OUT America ???
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#67292 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but I must give your home work an F. You state the all wealth of the wealthiest would not equal 10% of the debt (10%=$1.5 Trillion). The US is in debt around $15 Trillion. JUST the wealthiest 400 people in the US are worth a combined $1.7 Trillion. More than your 10% number of the debt and that's JUST the first 400 people in a nation of 330 million.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:08pm EDT
(Reuters)- The net worth of the richest Americans grew by 13 percent in the past year to $1.7 trillion, Forbes magazine said on Wednesday, and a familiar cast populated the top of the annual list, including Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison and the Koch brothers.
/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/19/us-...
http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/list/
Hmmm

Williamsburg, KY

#67293 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Obama has cut spending but you also have to raise taxes. That is common sense.

Furthermore you don't know what is being held off shore in tax evading accts.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...

#67294 Dec 6, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has cut spending but you also have to raise taxes. That is common sense.
Furthermore you don't know what is being held off shore in tax evading accts.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 26 min walker 4,507
Randy 42 min BIG DICK 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Legions 130,999
Looking for Billy Mills 1 hr Old Friend 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LIbEralS 26,262
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 2 hr True Anon 5
Mellisa Collett 3 hr Pineville 3
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 15 hr Limbertwig 70
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••