'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
61,261 - 61,280 of 149,827 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
SPLC

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Ok I'm stepping off my soap box. Goodbye and God bless the UNITED states of America.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

SPLC wrote:
History shows us, most all the great kingdoms and nations of the past were brought down from within. But as long as we're so bitterly divided we never will.
A Principle of the Traditional American Philosophy

1. The Spiritual is Supreme

"... all men are created ... endowed by their Creator ..." (Declaration of Independence)

The Principle

1. The fundamental principle underlying the traditional American philosophy is that the Spiritual is supreme--that Man is of Divine origin and his spiritual, or religious, nature is of supreme value and importance compared with things material.

Religious Nature

2. This governmental philosophy is, therefore, essentially religious in nature. It is uniquely American; no other people in all history have ever made this principle the basis of their governmental philosophy. The spiritual brotherhood of men under the common fatherhood of God is a concept which is basic to this American philosophy. It expresses the spiritual relationship of God to Man and, in the light thereof, of Man to Man. To forget these truths is a most heinous offense against the spirit of traditional America because the greatest sin is the lost consciousness of sin.

The fundamentally religious basis of this philosophy is the foundation of its moral code, which contemplates The Individual's moral duty as being created by God's Law: the Natural Law. The Individual's duty requires obedience to this Higher Law; while knowledge of this duty comes from conscience, which the religious-minded and morally-aware Individual feels duty-bound to heed. This philosophy asserts that there are moral absolutes: truths, such as those mentioned above, which are binding upon all Individuals at all times under all circumstances. This indicates some of the spiritual and moral values which are inherent in its concept of Individual Liberty-Responsibility.

An Indivisible Whole

3. The American philosophy, based upon this principle, is an indivisible whole and must be accepted or rejected as such. It cannot be treated piece-meal. Its fundamentals and its implicit meanings and obligations must be accepted together with its benefits.

The Individual's Self-respect

4. The concept of Man's spiritual nature, and the resulting concept of the supreme dignity and value of each Individual, provide the fundamental basis for each Individual's self-respect and the consequent mutual respect among Individual's. This self-respect as well as this mutual respect are the outgrowth of, and evidenced by, The Individual's maintenance of his God-given, unalienable rights. They are maintained by requiring that government and other Individuals respect them, as well as by his dedication to his own unceasing growth toward realization of his highest potential--spiritually, morally, intellectually, in every aspect of life. This is in order that he may merit maximum respect by self and by others.

Some Things Excluded

5. This concept of Man's spiritual nature excludes any idea of intrusion by government into this Man-to-Man spiritual relationship. It excludes the anti-moral precept that the end justifies the means and the related idea that the means can be separated from the end when judging them morally. This concept therefore excludes necessarily any idea of attempting to do good by force--for instance, through coercion of Man by Government, whether or not claimed to be for his own good or for the so-called common good or general welfare.

It excludes disbelief in--even doubt as to the existence of--God as the Creator of Man: and therefore excludes all ideas, theories and schools of thought--however ethical and lofty in intentions--which reject affirmative and positive belief in God as Man's Creator.

MORE:
http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIde...

Americans NEED to be on "bended knee" ...
Begging God for Mercy ...
<3
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Yes we all know what Bush did with Saudis beside been friends and invested in oil. What Bush did it was distasteful, but he is not the president, Obama is...

Republicans proposed to take from seniors on cost of living increase and Medicare cuts, but not from those making $250,000.00 and up??? Maybe than, Republicans WANT tax increase on everyone???

Maybe Obama wants to make Republicans to look, like they don't care...

Once upon the time, our politicians use to work for us....now "WE THE PEOPLE" work for them ...

Our politicians are rich, powerful and corrupted ...

Unless people are united, and stop fighting among them, politicians are taking advantage.

DIVIDE and CONQUER ...that's why politicians doo!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
Yes we all know what Bush did with Saudis beside been friends and invested in oil. What Bush did it was distasteful, but he is not the president, Obama is...
Republicans proposed to take from seniors on cost of living increase and Medicare cuts, but not from those making $250,000.00 and up??? Maybe than, Republicans WANT tax increase on everyone???
Maybe Obama wants to make Republicans to look, like they don't care...
Once upon the time, our politicians use to work for us....now "WE THE PEOPLE" work for them ...
Our politicians are rich, powerful and corrupted ...
Unless people are united, and stop fighting among them, politicians are taking advantage.
DIVIDE and CONQUER ...that's why politicians doo!
Hi OZ :)
Hadn't said that for a few days.
Just wanted to :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

I "miss" Jay
And the info :)

Too many peeps leaving ):
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Jobs First Because Jobs Fix Deficits
By Dave Johnson | December 5, 2012

What happened to jobs? The pubic wants government to do something about jobs and getting the economy moving, and in DC the only thing is this weird argument about … anything but jobs and getting the economy moving!“Fiscal cliff?” What about jobs? Fixing the economy will fix the debt, not the other way around.

http://blog.ourfuture.org/20121205/jobs-first...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

December 3, 2012

Dear Ms.^^^^^^^

Thank you for contacting me regarding the prevention of fraudulent voting. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

Free and fair elections are part of the bedrock on which our Republic was founded. Fair elections depend on guaranteeing the one-person, one-vote standard. In the wake of allegations of massive voter registration fraud prior to the 2008 elections by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (Acorn) and other groups, many states have strengthened their voter registration and identification laws. Congress also successfully voted to strip Acorn of federal funding in the Continuing Appropriations Resolution of 2010 (Public Law 111-68).

At the federal level, Senator David Vitter (R-La.) has introduced the Voter Fraud Prevention Act (S. 168), which would set additional standards for the paid distribution of voter registration and election materials for federal elections. It would prohibit organizations from employing convicted felons for the purposes of distribution of such materials, and would strengthen organization registration requirements.

S. 168 was introduced on Jan. 25, 2011, and referred to the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration, where it awaits further consideration. Please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind should this or any other legislation aimed at enhancing the integrity of elections come before me in the United States Senate.

Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in the future. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,

Rand Paul, MD
United States Senator
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

None Of Us Are Free! Lynyrd Skynyrd

That Ain't My America
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Run Run Rudolph
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi OZ :)
Hadn't said that for a few days.
Just wanted to :)
Hey A/L...
Corruption is going both ways and there is no way around it...politicians are selling us all bull crap and for Christmas they will go home and have nice holidays and people stay here and fight 24/7...
Come-on ...my party is right, no mine is...
AND WE ALL LOOSE ...WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!
People across America are loosing jobs. How many politicians lost jobs.

They have the best healthcare on earth and the rest of us stock with lousy Obamacare ...

Cuts to poorest in the country, increase of 1.7%
and how many cuts they got? How much Christmas bonuses and increase they received???

People are here on topix defending THAT ?????

Both side are responsible for America going down!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

GOP senator backs tax rate hike on wealthy

Washington (CNN)- In a significant development in the fiscal cliff standoff, Republican Sen. Tom Coburn, a leading deficit hawk, said Wednesday he would support higher tax rates on wealthier Americans as part of a broader deal with President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats to avoid the crisis.

"I know we have to raise revenue," the senator from Oklahoma told MSNBC. "I don't really care which way we do it. Actually, I would rather see rates go up than do it the other way, because it gives us a greater chance to reform the tax code and broaden the base in the future."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/...
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
December 3, 2012
Dear Ms.^^^^^^^
Thank you for contacting me regarding the prevention of fraudulent voting. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.
Free and fair elections are part of the bedrock on which our Republic was founded. Fair elections depend on guaranteeing the one-person, one-vote standard. In the wake of allegations of massive voter registration fraud prior to the 2008 elections by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (Acorn) and other groups, many states have strengthened their voter registration and identification laws. Congress also successfully voted to strip Acorn of federal funding in the Continuing Appropriations Resolution of 2010 (Public Law 111-68).
At the federal level, Senator David Vitter (R-La.) has introduced the Voter Fraud Prevention Act (S. 168), which would set additional standards for the paid distribution of voter registration and election materials for federal elections. It would prohibit organizations from employing convicted felons for the purposes of distribution of such materials, and would strengthen organization registration requirements.
S. 168 was introduced on Jan. 25, 2011, and referred to the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration, where it awaits further consideration. Please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind should this or any other legislation aimed at enhancing the integrity of elections come before me in the United States Senate.
Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in the future. I look forward to hearing from you again.
Sincerely,
Rand Paul, MD
United States Senator
Great Post. You Repubs tried so hard to make it impossible for Americans that were poor to vote it backfired. Thousands of voters turned out simply because of the Repub efforts to stop them from voting. I would like to see the same thing from the Repubs in 2016. Repubs never learn from history.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
Washington (CNN)- In a significant development in the fiscal cliff standoff, Republican Sen. Tom Coburn, a leading deficit hawk, said Wednesday he would support higher tax rates on wealthier Americans as part of a broader deal with President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats to avoid the crisis.
"I know we have to raise revenue," the senator from Oklahoma told MSNBC. "I don't really care which way we do it. Actually, I would rather see rates go up than do it the other way, because it gives us a greater chance to reform the tax code and broaden the base in the future."
Hiya ILIH!!
This is the only thing they can do, everyone knows that tax breaks for the wealthy don't produce jobs. We've had those breaks for how long?? 12 years?? nd Repubs here still go on and on about high unemployment?? They just don't get it!!
Be safe to say a lot more Repubs will be jumping off the too 2% tax break boat since many will be up for reelection in 2 years!
Our country survived bush (barley) and its great to see us getting back on track. With out a strong middle class we're dead in the water!!
I guess you've heard about Karl Rove and Dick Morris getting banned from Fox News?? I've brought this up a few times but the brave patriots are too cowardly to comment.
I'm just having fun with it now lmao
thirdwurldamerik a

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

why does obozo look like curious george with a banana shoved up his ass
wtf

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
I "miss" Jay
And the info :)
Too many peeps leaving ):
They gave up on Romney.

Lmfao
wtf

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

thirdwurldamerika wrote:
why does obozo look like curious george with a banana shoved up his ass
That is your Mom dumbass.
wtf

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Jobs First Because Jobs Fix Deficits
By Dave Johnson | December 5, 2012
What happened to jobs? The pubic wants government to do something about jobs and getting the economy moving, and in DC the only thing is this weird argument about … anything but jobs and getting the economy moving!“Fiscal cliff?” What about jobs? Fixing the economy will fix the debt, not the other way around.
http://blog.ourfuture.org/20121205/jobs-first...
The Republitards are still destroying America.
Amused

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Wow, you're still around on topix after all this time? I see you're just as stupid now as you were last year. Same ole blah blah blah.
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>They gave up on Romney.
Lmfao
well

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Amused wrote:
Wow, you're still around on topix after all this time? I see you're just as stupid now as you were last year. Same ole blah blah blah.
<quoted text>
wtf must not be that stupid, Most Americans voted for Obama, of course.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
It really fails to make sense to always go on and on about raising taxes on the wealthy.Why stick with it when all that does is make for unfair taxation?We need a fair tax system,not thousands of pages to favor one or the other special group,any where.That is called FAIR TAX!
Why try to work harder and get rich if the tax one pays goes to take it away from you?What we need is less posturing and more thinking and working together in Congress and the President!!!Everything they do is just to show off to the people out here that they are doing something.Most of which is not needed!
wtf

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost stupid ass get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Churches 24 min IronHammer 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr stuck in a lodi 130,222
Charmaine Partin 2 hr Sad 2
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 4 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 4 hr IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 4 hr cant wait 16
kenfra bimgham smith 7 hr old friend 2
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 8 hr Brain dead 8

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••