'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
60,621 - 60,640 of 150,266 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Oh, the joy of guns.

By Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News

A Florida gun collector has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge alleging that he opened fire on a car full of unarmed teenagers, killing one, in an altercation that police say stemmed from loud music.
Michael David Dunn, 45, acted "as any responsible firearms owner would have," his lawyer said of the Friday evening incident at a gas station outside a convenience store in Jacksonville, Fla.
Dunn and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville for his son's wedding when they pulled up in their car next to the teens. Police allege that while the girlfriend was in the store, Dunn told Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and his three friends to turn down their music.
"It was loud," Jacksonville homicide Lt. Rob Schoonover said of the teens' music. "They admitted that. That's not a reason for someone to open fire."
Advertise | AdChoices

After an exchange of words, Dunn began shooting with a handgun, Schoonover said.
"Nobody else in that vehicle was struck; it was just our victim [Davis], which was lucky because the vehicle was shot eight or nine times," Schoonover said.
Davis was in the back seat and was struck twice, reported The Orlando Sentinel.
Dunn and his girlfriend drove off and spent the night at their hotel, according to Schoonover, but witnesses took down his license plate number. Police arrested him Saturday morning at his home in Satellite Beach, Fla., on one charge of murder and three charges of attempted murder.
"His side of the story is he felt threatened and that is the reason he took action," Schoonover said.

On Monday, Dunn — a gun collector who shot at local gun ranges, according to authorities — pleaded not guilty in Brevard County court, with his attorney describing his actions as self-defense.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/28/15...
Tart Flatulence

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
Oh, the joy of guns.
By Elizabeth Chuck, NBC News
A Florida gun collector has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge alleging that he opened fire on a car full of unarmed teenagers, killing one, in an altercation that police say stemmed from loud music.
Michael David Dunn, 45, acted "as any responsible firearms owner would have," his lawyer said of the Friday evening incident at a gas station outside a convenience store in Jacksonville, Fla.
Dunn and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville for his son's wedding when they pulled up in their car next to the teens. Police allege that while the girlfriend was in the store, Dunn told Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and his three friends to turn down their music.
"It was loud," Jacksonville homicide Lt. Rob Schoonover said of the teens' music. "They admitted that. That's not a reason for someone to open fire."
Advertise | AdChoices
After an exchange of words, Dunn began shooting with a handgun, Schoonover said.
"Nobody else in that vehicle was struck; it was just our victim [Davis], which was lucky because the vehicle was shot eight or nine times," Schoonover said.
Davis was in the back seat and was struck twice, reported The Orlando Sentinel.
Dunn and his girlfriend drove off and spent the night at their hotel, according to Schoonover, but witnesses took down his license plate number. Police arrested him Saturday morning at his home in Satellite Beach, Fla., on one charge of murder and three charges of attempted murder.
"His side of the story is he felt threatened and that is the reason he took action," Schoonover said.
On Monday, Dunn — a gun collector who shot at local gun ranges, according to authorities — pleaded not guilty in Brevard County court, with his attorney describing his actions as self-defense.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/28/15...
"stupit much" taking things out context !..POS loser

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Oh the Joy of Nukes!

North Korean Nuke collector readies assault on free world for loud "banned" free speech music!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/world/asia/...
One lunatic does not spoil our 2nd amendment freedoms
While a nation of brainwashed lunatics are allowed to develop nukes?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
Scroll to the top of the page.
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate
Posted in the Jackson Forum
POSTED IN THE JACKSON FORUM!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4Wroj0FLvzsXX
These show up in each local forum as responders post them.
If you are from Jackson and you post a reply it will be allocated to that local server...and others in Jackson will see it. If you are from podunk, etc.!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Tart Flatulence wrote:
<quoted text>"stupit much" taking things out context !..POS loser
The story speaks for itself.- Get a job.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
These show up in each local forum as responders post them.
If you are from Jackson and you post a reply it will be allocated to that local server...and others in Jackson will see it. If you are from podunk, etc.!
Thanks for explaining! You're a doll.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

"SWISH"...nuthin but net!
In YO FACE!
ww.youtube.com/watch...
Oh. Your swish, nuthin but net link doesn't work.
No need to repost, it's no longer swishy.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Your swish, nuthin but net link doesn't work.
No need to repost, it's no longer swishy.
I must have copy/pasted a shortened version (lost part of the link).

try again:

agree

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans only want to cut fraud and trim the waste!
You're the first one to mention that, the rest want to privatize it or issue coupons.
EVERYONE wants to cut the fraud and waste.
An owner of a defunct company accused of bilking the Defense Department out of more than $20 million, including charging nearly $1 million to ship two 19-cent washers, pleaded guilty Thursday to federal wire fraud and money laundering.
Charlene Corley owned plumbing and hardware equipment supply company C&D Distributors LLC with her sister, Darlene Wooten, who committed suicide last fall, reports CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson.
Corley faces as many as 20 years in prison for each of the counts she pleaded guilty to — conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering. In addition, she owes as much as $750,000 in fines, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin McDonald.
The company has repaid the government $4 million, and the government has seized an additional $7 million in cash and other assets, including beach houses and other land, he said.
From 1997 to 2006, Corley and Wooten exploited an automated shipping payment system designed to speed shipments bound for U.S. forces overseas by submitting huge bills to ship inexpensive items, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors said among the fraudulent charges were ones for $998,798 to ship two 19-cent lock washers,$492,097 to ship an $11 threaded plug, and $499,569 to ship 10 cotter pins worth $1.99 each.
We should get rid of the defense department.
They were targets of fraud.
According to teabaggers.
RIGHT?
Romney is hiding his monies in various overseas accounts, therefore he can not be trusted to run any government. Ryan said he would be for vouchers, they would have ended medicare/caid all together. What need to be done is an over-haul on welfare and cut the fraud out. Too many actually do need it, while, I will agree many do not. It is needed to help the people who do. medicare is a good thing, also medicaid. They would have raised retirement age, only the wealthy whom have had easy lifes would have lived long enough most likely go ever see their benefits. Minimum wage would have gone down during Romneys office, had he won.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

agree wrote:
<quoted text>Romney is hiding his monies in various overseas accounts, therefore he can not be trusted to run any government. Ryan said he would be for vouchers, they would have ended medicare/caid all together. What need to be done is an over-haul on welfare and cut the fraud out. Too many actually do need it, while, I will agree many do not. It is needed to help the people who do. medicare is a good thing, also medicaid. They would have raised retirement age, only the wealthy whom have had easy lifes would have lived long enough most likely go ever see their benefits. Minimum wage would have gone down during Romneys office, had he won.
To anyone concerned with "minimum wage": You have consigned yourself to a life of lesser ambitions...or no ambition at all. Minimum wage jobs are for those new entries into the job market. You will never prosper on minimum wage earnings. Get a good education, stay out of jail, and go to college, trade school or learn a skilled trade!

Brick layers, plumbers, carpenters DO NOT MAKE Minimum wage!
If you are an "ADULT" and working at a non-skilled job, you have set your sight TOO LOW! Micky D is for teens! Fast food will not buy you a home and a new car. America has been dumbed down by neglecting basics of education...ECONOMICS- Supply and Demand demonstrate these concepts.
Romney

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
To anyone concerned with "minimum wage": You have consigned yourself to a life of lesser ambitions...or no ambition at all. Minimum wage jobs are for those new entries into the job market. You will never prosper on minimum wage earnings. Get a good education, stay out of jail, and go to college, trade school or learn a skilled trade!
Brick layers, plumbers, carpenters DO NOT MAKE Minimum wage!
If you are an "ADULT" and working at a non-skilled job, you have set your sight TOO LOW! Micky D is for teens! Fast food will not buy you a home and a new car. America has been dumbed down by neglecting basics of education...ECONOMICS- Supply and Demand demonstrate these concepts.
You simple minded little twit.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Romney wrote:
<quoted text>You simple minded little twit.
Simple Simon?

{url= http://www.ipchicken.com/ } wtf {/url}
wtf

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Simple Simon?
{url= http://www.ipchicken.com/ } wtf {/url}
You do not realize that a vast amount of people cannot afford College stupid.
KYMI

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, ROTFL, I really wish you had the intellect to see just how stupid this post is, but you can't, you are not capable, if you were, you would not have posted it, LOL, man, I love Hyden topix!
THIS IS JACKSON TOPIX. OOPSIE.
Wow, what intelligence, uses topix and doesn't understand the posts, wonder if that applies to watching CNN and MSLSD?

BAAAAAAAAAA,
KYMI

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You do not realize that a vast amount of people cannot afford College stupid.
you couldn't go to college, couldn't pass the DNA test, WAAAAAAA,
KYMI

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
And you wonder why people call rednecks STUPID.
Conservative Gun Owners Confused After Obama Hasn’t Done Anything To Take Away Guns
BUSHYHEAD, OK — It seems that after four years of being utterly paranoid that President Obama is going to take their guns away, several conservatives are left dumbfounded.
That there NRA told me, with utter confidence that Mr. Obama was gonna take away my guns,” said Jarvis Flinkermill in an interview with Free Wood Post this past Monday afternoon.“I said to myself, I said oh no he’s not! I’ve got my second amendment right to bear arms and no president is ever gonna take that away from me. So I went out to the local sporting goods shop and bought myself a whole bunker worth of guns and ammo. I spent upwards of around $15,000 on my stockpile, and that’s just in the past year. Here’s the thing though, President Obama hasn’t touched my guns, and all the shops is still open. However, I just got another letter from the NRA tellin’ me that Mr. Obama is gonna take my guns in his second term. I just don’t know though, but I’m not takin’ any chances. I’m cutting back on food and clothes for my kids to buy more guns and ammo. The NRA are smart folks, they always be tellin’ me what that Muslim president has up his sleeve.”
Free Wood Post had the opportunity to speak to a local sporting shop in the area, Bushyhead Sports Galore. Owner Hank Kilden said,“Sales are better than ever with Mr. Obama in office. Everyone is terrified that he’s going to take away their guns, so everybody’s been stocking up. I’ve really got to thank the National Rifle Association for getting the word out, they’ve been fantastic for business.” When asked if the president has actually tried to shut down his shop, or try to regulate ownership Kilden replied,“Gosh no, in fact now we can take our guns into public parks. It’s almost as if he’s given us more rights to probably take away later.” When asked if he thinks the NRA is just scaring people on purpose to push gun sales Kilden responded,“The NRA? Nah, they’re good folks over there. They’re just trying to protect us. I’m sure one day or other the president is gonna come close up shop. I’m a little surprised and confused he hasn’t already… but if the NRA says he’s gonna… then he’s gonna.
This seemed to be the general consensus of all the patrons at Bushyhead Sports Galore. They’re confused President Obama has given them more rights, and not taken any away. However, they have been told by multiple sources (Fox News, NRA, Family Research Counsil, etc.) that Obama is waiting for his second term. In the mean time gun sales are at a record high. It seems for the sporting community, paranoia pays off.
Only arrogant libs think red necks are stupid, that because libs are self consumed in their own vision of how important they are, when in reality they are not, they present themselves as progressive and against 'old fashioned' ways of thinking, then, they take that arrogant 'progressive' mindset and try to make decisions for the 'lesser intelligent' red necks, through that jaundiced view of reality they make decisions that destroy things like economics, religion, human rights, education, medical care, retirement, labor, etc, etc, then, they spend the next 4 years blaming it on Bush,

WAAAAAAAAA, I mean, BAAAAAAAAA,
KYMI

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

7 Reasons Why Liberals Are Incapable of Understanding The World

1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views. This sort of close-mindedness makes liberals nearly impervious to any information that might undermine their beliefs.

2) Liberals sources of information are ever present. Conservatives are regularly exposed to the liberal viewpoint whether they want to be or not. That's not necessarily so for liberals. Imagine the average day for liberals. They get up and read their local newspaper. It has a liberal viewpoint. They take their kids to school, where the teachers are liberal. Then they go to work, listen to NPR which has a liberal viewpoint on the way home, and then turn on the nightly news which also skews leftward. From there, they turn on TV and watch shows created by liberals that lean to the left, if they have any political viewpoint at all. Unless liberals actively seek out conservative viewpoints, which is unlikely, the only conservative arguments they're probably going to hear are going to be through the heavily distorted, poorly translated, deeply skeptical lens of other liberals.

3) Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not.

4) Liberals are big believers in moral relativism. This spins them round and round because if the only thing that's wrong is saying that there's an absolute moral code, then you lose your ability to tell cause from effect, good from bad, and right from wrong. Taking being non-judgmental to the level that liberals do leaves them paralyzed, pondering "why they hate us" because they feel incapable of saying,“That's wrong," and doing something about it. If you're against firm standards and condemning immoral behavior, then your moral compass won’t work and you’ll also be for immorality, as well as societal and cultural decay by default.

5) Liberals tend to view people as parts of groups, not individuals. One of the prejudices of liberalism is that they see everyone as part of a group, not as an individual. This can lead to rather bizarre disparities when say, a man from a group that they consider to be powerless, impoverished victims becomes the leader of the free world -- and he's challenged by a group of lower middle class white people who've banded together because individually they're powerless. If you listen to the liberal rhetoric, you might think Barack Obama was a black Republican being surrounded by a KKK lynching party 100 years ago -- as opposed to the single most powerful man in America abusing the authority of his office to attack ordinary Tea Partiers who have the audacity to speak the truth to power for the good of their country.
6) Liberals take a dim view of personal responsibility. Who's at fault if a criminal commits a crime? The criminal or society? If someone creates a business and becomes a millionaire, is that the result of hard work and talent or luck? If you're dirt poor, starving, and haven't worked in 5 years, is that a personal failing or a failure of the state? Conservatives would tend to say the former in each case, while liberals would tend to say the latter. But when you disconnect what an individual does from the results that happen in his life, it's very difficult to understand cause and effect in people's lives.

7) Liberals give themselves far too much credit just for being liberal. Many of the good things about a person spring not from his actions but from the ideology he holds
KYMI

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

agree wrote:
<quoted text>Romney is hiding his monies in various overseas accounts, therefore he can not be trusted to run any government. Ryan said he would be for vouchers, they would have ended medicare/caid all together. What need to be done is an over-haul on welfare and cut the fraud out. Too many actually do need it, while, I will agree many do not. It is needed to help the people who do. medicare is a good thing, also medicaid. They would have raised retirement age, only the wealthy whom have had easy lifes would have lived long enough most likely go ever see their benefits. Minimum wage would have gone down during Romneys office, had he won.
This further demonstrates the liberal selfish mentality, investing in smaller countries is 'hiding', only a lib would think that money invested in a financial holding institution sits in the vault and is not taken out until the owner withdraws it, wow, no wonder the libs in the country have spent 10x more than what is even available,
KYMI

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Your refusal to admit when you're wrong says a lot about you. In fact, it explains a lot.
I'm going to sleep. Feel free to not respond.
I bet you use medical sleep aids too! How progressive!
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Repubs believe if we could just give more to the rich we would all get Trickled Down on. They are right. That's what the middle class of America has gotten. Trickled Down on.
Family working together making $57,000.00 per year pays 18% Fed. Taxes.
People like Mitt making $57,000.00 per DAY pays 13.6% Fed. Taxes.
Part of the Fair and Balanced of Repubs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 52 min justice_- 130,314
Charmaine 1 hr wow 4
Churches 1 hr Neighbor 6
Need Prayer 1 hr Neighbor 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr well 16,127
D Boone Days 5 hr hey 4
Tiffany foley 5 hr Just saying 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search