'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the Oct 1, 2010, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#65396 Nov 24, 2012
DH Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Pet dander is one of the most causes for acute allergic reactions I have that myself,but diphenhydramine works fine for me.
It used to for me, then I got to where I broke out in "hives' really BAD! THAT lQQked like a disease in itself! Evidently it/they got inside my throat. Airways were clogging up

Since: Oct 11

Middlesboro, KY

#65397 Nov 24, 2012
Political Expediency!!!
Politicians have done this since the founding of our country!
Don't be shocked...both sides do it! blah blah blah!
Can't see the Forest for the Trees...cliche!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65398 Nov 24, 2012
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Live in the now - dogs do!
WE bring the past "forward" with US!
Because "blood from OUR ancestors WAS shed"

http://www.hsconnect.com/page/content.detail/...
Jay

Paris, TN

#65399 Nov 24, 2012
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
...and in 25 States Republicans control House, Senate, and Governor's seat!
*******

Ari, I didn't research this, I heard the same thing on the news. It was 37 states with repub. governors.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65400 Nov 24, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*******
Ari, I didn't research this, I heard the same thing on the news. It was 37 states with repub. governors.
GOP Governors Stonewall Key Obamacare Provision, Inviting Federal Takeover

The original deadline for states to notify the Department of Health and Human Services on whether they intend to build their own exchange was last Friday, but the administration extended it to Dec. 14. About a dozen Republican governors are weighing their options, including Chris Christie of New Jersey, Rick Scott of Florida and Terry Branstad of Iowa.

The Affordable Care Act encourages each state to build and operate its own exchange — a regulated, subsidized marketplace where consumers and small businesses can shop for insurance plans. If a state declines, the federal government has the power under the health care reform law to build one for it.

The more states stonewall the exchanges, the more it complicates the task of the federal government. One challenge is that the law lacks an automatic funding mechanism for HHS to set up state exchanges. Enrollment is slated to begin next October, and the exchanges are scheduled to start functioning by January 2014.

“This is a federally-mandated exchange with rules dictated by Washington,” Perry wrote in a letter to the Obama administration last Thursday.“It would not be fiscally responsible to put hard-working Texans on the financial hook for an unknown amount of money to operate a system under rules that have not even been written.”

Twenty-three states, mostly Democratic, and Washington, D.C. have said they’ll move forward with the exchanges, either on their own or in partnership with the feds.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/re...

Don't know what it means. Haven't looked into it!
What I would like to know is, what affect will all these Repub govs have on electoral college votes? Any more info on that?

Since: Oct 11

Middlesboro, KY

#65401 Nov 24, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*******
Ari, I didn't research this, I heard the same thing on the news. It was 37 states with repub. governors.
Here Jay, this ones for you...bud!
Best opening to a movie ever!
In my humble opinion.
Don't get to fired up.:) lol
http://youtu.be/i6E2oUvvbw0
Jay

Paris, TN

#65402 Nov 24, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Austin, Texas
Bypassing the Legislature altogether, Republican Gov. Rick Perry issued an order Friday making Texas the first state to require that schoolgirls get vaccinated against the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer.
Perry, a conservative Christian who opposes abortion and stem-cell research using embryonic cells, counts on the religious right for his political base. But he has said the cervical cancer vaccine is no different from the one that protects children against polio.
Merck is bankrolling efforts to pass state laws across the country mandating Gardasil for girls as young as 11 or 12. It doubled its lobbying budget in Texas and has funneled money through Women in Government, an advocacy group made up of female state legislators around the country.
Perry has ties to Merck and Women in Government. One of the drug company’s three lobbyists in Texas is Mike Toomey, Perry’s former chief of staff. His current chief of staff’s mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi, is a state director for Women in Government.
The governor also received $6,000 from Merck’s political action committee during his re-election campaign.
By employing an executive order, Perry sidestepped opposition in the Legislature from conservatives and parents’ rights groups who fear such a requirement would condone premarital sex and interfere with the way Texans raise their children.
Those darn "socialist" teabaggers.
**********

I'm a conservative, and I say NO to Gardasil against parent's wishes!
Jay

Paris, TN

#65403 Nov 24, 2012
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Lady your allergic to reality ...
**********

Frank, there you go again. Nobody makes you read what A/L posts. You can skip right over if it makes you happy. But instead, you'd rather be a nasty, snarky old crab!

Oh by the way, did you see where I did agree with one of your posts? Now don't go passing out on me, ok?

Have a nice evening!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65404 Nov 24, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
I'm a conservative, and I say NO to Gardasil against parent's wishes!
Me too!
If I had one that young.
thirdwurldamerik a

Sheridan, AR

#65405 Nov 24, 2012
im yet to meet an open minded leftwingwhackadoo that i disagreed with that didnt call me some sort of name, or play the racebait card
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65406 Nov 24, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered on the front page of our local paper in Europe... years ago,
"AMERICANS ARE TAKING HANDFUL OF PILLS EVERY DAY- LIKE POPCORN "... try old remedies ...
They do OZ.
Right & left they are handing out cancer strength drugs for pain meds... in cocktails that KILL!

I've seen it with my own eyes.
I have a bro that is addicted to "nerve" pills ...:(
He takes them, he doesn't sell them.

Hard to deal with.
Jay

Paris, TN

#65407 Nov 24, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Here Jay, this ones for you...bud!
Best opening to a movie ever!
In my humble opinion.
Don't get to fired up.:) lol
http://youtu.be/i6E2oUvvbw0
******

Thanks tofy, anything Eastwood! LOL!

Anything Civil War before and after. Some of my favorite stuff. There isn't a battlefield we haven't been on from the South to Custer in Montana. My library is full of this stuff as we picked up books throughout our years of travel.

I think Gettysburg is the one that got to me the worst. Been there twice now and could go back at any time again.

I take no sides.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65408 Nov 24, 2012
For ADULTS only :)

This guy dies and his wife gets him cremated. She takes the ashes home and lays them out on the table and starts talking to them.

"You know that fur coat you promised me? I bought it with the insurance money. You know the new car you promised me? I bought it with the insurance money."

Then she whispers, "You know that blowjob I promised you? Well, here it comes..."
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65409 Nov 24, 2012
LOUISVILLE, Ky.(WHAS11)-- Police busted two houses in Okolona and seized thousands of pounds of pot hidden in the garage. Neighbors who live on the quiet, tree-lined street had no clue it was linked to a Mexican drug cartel.

http://www.whas11.com/news/Major-drug-bust-ne...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#65410 Nov 24, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
woof!woof!
Here Spocko...here boy!
Perfect :-)
Jay

Paris, TN

#65411 Nov 24, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP Governors Stonewall Key Obamacare Provision, Inviting Federal Takeover
The original deadline for states to notify the Department of Health and Human Services on whether they intend to build their own exchange was last Friday, but the administration extended it to Dec. 14. About a dozen Republican governors are weighing their options, including Chris Christie of New Jersey, Rick Scott of Florida and Terry Branstad of Iowa.
The Affordable Care Act encourages each state to build and operate its own exchange — a regulated, subsidized marketplace where consumers and small businesses can shop for insurance plans. If a state declines, the federal government has the power under the health care reform law to build one for it.
The more states stonewall the exchanges, the more it complicates the task of the federal government. One challenge is that the law lacks an automatic funding mechanism for HHS to set up state exchanges. Enrollment is slated to begin next October, and the exchanges are scheduled to start functioning by January 2014.
“This is a federally-mandated exchange with rules dictated by Washington,” Perry wrote in a letter to the Obama administration last Thursday.“It would not be fiscally responsible to put hard-working Texans on the financial hook for an unknown amount of money to operate a system under rules that have not even been written.”
Twenty-three states, mostly Democratic, and Washington, D.C. have said they’ll move forward with the exchanges, either on their own or in partnership with the feds.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/re...
Don't know what it means. Haven't looked into it!
What I would like to know is, what affect will all these Repub govs have on electoral college votes? Any more info on that?
**********
We are hearing that states are opting out saying they can't afford it. Heard Wisc. governor today say the same thing. Oklahoma here:

Okla. Gov Refuses To Carry Out Key Elements Of ObamaCare

http://www.westernjournalism.com/okla-gov-ref...
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#65412 Nov 24, 2012
Starting in 2014, the Affordable Care Act expands Medicaid, the massively popular program which makes health insurance available for lower-income Americans. For the first three years, the federal government covers 100 percent of the expansion costs. After five years, the federal government finances 90 percent of the expanded population.

Not a single Republican governor has pledged to accept the new Medicaid funds and three Democrats are also considering turning down the money. In total, these states would give up $291.4 billion in federal funds and leave 10,297,221 Americans uninsured.

Can't afford it?
truth might set you free

Glasgow, KY

#65413 Nov 24, 2012
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Lady your allergic to reality ...
"You are" or "you're" would be correct so I guess that makes EVERYTHING in "your" post incorrect, doesn't it? lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65414 Nov 24, 2012
WASTEBOOK 2012
Table of Contents
Introduction.......... 1
1. The most unproductive and unpopular Congress in modern history –
(Congress)$132 million.......... 4
2. Professional sports loophole –(Taxes)$91 million.......... 7
3. OH SNAP! Junk food, luxury drinks, soap operas, and billions of dollars
in improper food stamp payments –(Department of Agriculture)$4.5
billion..........10
4. Oklahoma keeps unused airport open to collect federal checks –(OK)
$450,000 ..........13

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...
Jay

Paris, TN

#65415 Nov 24, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas School District Reportedly Threatening Students Who Refuse Tracking ID, Can't Vote For Homecoming.
Weeks after Northside Independent School District in San Antonio rolled out its new "smart" IDs that tracks students' geographic locations, the community is still at odds with the program.
The "Student Locator Project," which is slated to eventually reach 112 Texas schools and close to 100,000 students, is in trial stages in two Northside district schools. In an effort to reduce truancy, the district has issued new student IDs with an embedded radio-frequency identification (RFID) chip that tracks the location of a student at all times.
With the tracking, if they are not at their desks but are on campus the district receives its daily allotment for that student.
The Rutherford Institute president John Whitehead said:'There is something fundamentally disturbing about this school district’s insistence on steamrolling students into complying with programs that have nothing whatsoever to do with academic priorities and everything to do with fattening school coffers.'
Teabagger communism.
Coming to a state, county or school near you.
**********

I read this before. And the first thing I said was, if anybody tried to track ID my kid I would be up there screaming at somebody. And if they insisted, I'd pull my kid out of that school and home school.

Been there, done that, sort of.

The Tea Pary has nothing to do with this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Just Saying 136,086
knox county detention center 1 hr Welfare Jed 41
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 1 hr yep 8
Stacy Keys 1 hr yep 10
lets go to florida 3 hr isolated incident 141
Well I can now I've seen all the Davis brothers... 4 hr dizzyone1313 1
Buddy and Ellen 5 hr Hanna 1
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]