'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#64099 Nov 17, 2012
Carts, Horses, and Secession

There’s buzz about secession. Ronald Holland shows some strategic pitfalls in an excellent column. Asking the White House to comment on the secession of one or more states won’t move the President, Congress, the courts, or the military. But it is symbolic of the exhaustion many people feel as they watch the crony political class squander their treasure and their liberty.

Secession can be seen as a last resort form of “interposition of the lower magistrate.” The interposition concept comes from early Calvinists, including John Calvin. It had a huge influence on the American Revolution.
And when all else fails, the lower magistrate can even lead a secession movement.

“When all else fails” is a crucial phrase. Thomas Jefferson put it deftly,“Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/11/17/ca...

First Through Tenth Amendments: Bill of Rights
"The equal rights of conscience, the freedom of speech or of the press ...

http://law.justia.com/constitution/us/018-bil...
Michigander

Ann Arbor, MI

#64100 Nov 17, 2012
Hey frank, did wtf move in with you?
Michigander

Ann Arbor, MI

#64101 Nov 17, 2012
culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>The national deficit went up 3 1/2 times on the Reagan watch. Financial success's?
Which is it libotraitor, deficits or job growth? Can't have it both ways. Oblamer isn't qualified to wipe the dust off Reagans boots. You libotard traitors are psychotic.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#64102 Nov 17, 2012
Constitutional Sheriffs, the Purse and the Sword
[Sheriff Joe of AZ]

The principle and concept of the constitutional sheriff could be the key to regaining state sovereignty.

It could wake people up at the county level and create a movement within any State, using the constitution as defined, and nullifying any federal intrusion, overreach or usurpation.

This means growing awareness and acknowledgment of individual state’s rights and the power of The Purse & The Sword.

The constitutional sheriff’s role and responsibility is the tip of the sword in this march towards state sovereignty.

The role of sheriff is being undermined in America today. The federal government is increasingly taking steps to negate local law-enforcement and usurp all such authority under the federal government. This is being done via DHS, TSA and DEA, on the highways and in local airports. The feds supply funding to local law-enforcement and gaining control over them via their budget.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/11/09/co...

Cowboy Up 1776

While pushing 10th amendment efforts in states, let's look for help in the House in a new direction. Replace Boehner as Speaker. Joe Thomas of the Afternoon Constitutional radio show has been advocating for Ron Paul as Speaker of the House. Let's stand behind a man of principle.

AMEN!!!!!!
wtf

Jackson, KY

#64103 Nov 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Rejuvenating America’s Roots
INDIVISIBLE
Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before it’s Too Late
So what should Americans who love their country, and believe in its ideals, do to reclaim the vision so ably constructed for us by the founding fathers and every legal immigrant who has come here to achieve the American Dream? Our initial prescription for Renewing American Leadership can be summarized in four points.
* It is imperative to teach Americans the truth about the greatness of their country.
* It is imperative to return to limited government by restoring our system of constitutional checks and balances.
* It is imperative to protect and encourage the free exercise of religion in America.
* It is imperative to take control of our borders, and reform our immigration system to admit people able to contribute the skills and the values we need for America’s future.
http://www.torenewamerica.com/index.php
Always with this bullshit and non sense.

Do you ever have anything interesting to say???
wtf

Jackson, KY

#64104 Nov 17, 2012
Michigander wrote:
Hey frank, did wtf move in with you?
Hey, did you get to lick old Dud's balls?
Michigander

Ann Arbor, MI

#64105 Nov 17, 2012
more wrote:
For most of his life, President Barack Obama was raised by a single mother. Ann Dunham, whom Barack Obama has called “The dominant figure in my formative years”, was married twice for a total of less than 20 years. Therefore, by most accounts she was a single mother and struggled to do her best to make a nice life for her small family.
Education was at the forefront of that plan for Obama’s single mother and a high value was placed on academic excellence. Her persistence and gentle encouragement of young Barack clearly paid off, as he committed himself to academia and eventually graduated from Harvard Law School. It was a dream come true for his single mother as he made a name for himself as a competent attorney and then later engaged in a life of public service.
President Barack Obama’s commitment to education prevails to this day and his devotion to the college level education of single mothers is one of his primary focuses. He is aware that as the sole breadwinners in many of these households, single mothers need to do whatever they can to become accomplished and financially stable. To this end, he has made scholarships funds available to help ease the financial pain of a college level education.
In 2009 President Obama initiated a program entitled Moms Return To School which provides scholarship funds for single mothers who wish to attend college and continue their efforts to create financial stability for themselves as well as their children. This program also provides tax credits for single mothers to attend college either via an online course of study or at an accredited university. In fact, because of the lack of time most single mothers experience as they juggle schooling and motherhood, online studies are becoming increasingly more suitable for their lifestyle and are available through a variety of colleges.
This scholarship program means that single mothers will get at least $5000 in Pell Grant funds for a college level education. Because this is a need based scholarship program, the applicants must disclose whether they are receiving any other financial aid for their education. In order to apply for this single mother scholarship program, interested students should first complete an online FAFSA form.
In addition to the Pell Grant funds, single mothers who return to college can also participate in the American Opportunity Tax Credit program. One of the stipulations of this program as it relates to single mothers means that they will get a $4000 refundable tax credit in exchange for 100 hours of community service. The single mother’s community service must be at specific locations as outlined by the federal government.
For single mothers ready to tackle the heady world of college level studies, life just got a bit easier thanks to President Obama, his continuing commitment to higher education and the scholarships funds that he has made available.
Oblamer was raised by anti-Americans, he followed them into the so called Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Farakahan, and the other traitors. This is oblamer!

wtf

Jackson, KY

#64106 Nov 17, 2012
Michigander wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is it libotraitor, deficits or job growth? Can't have it both ways. Oblamer isn't qualified to wipe the dust off Reagans boots. You libotard traitors are psychotic.
Raygun was a foolish old pos and ypu are a f' cktard SOB>
American Lady

Danville, KY

#64107 Nov 17, 2012
THE POWER OF THE PURSE, THE POWER OF THE SWORD

By: Devvy
April 27, 2009

The rot and corruption that has been oozing out of Washington, DC for decades continues as Americans scramble to keep their heads above water, a roof over their heads and food on the table. 401(k)s will continue to bleed and the shock factor will multiply as Americans see the fruits of their labor and dreams turn to dust. Congress continues the march towards complete totalitarian, world government. The Constitution is merely a prop; neither we the people nor the sovereignty of these united States of America matter to the 534 (excluding Ron Paul) cowards and crooks who serve their special interests money machines and global masters.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd441.ht...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#64108 Nov 17, 2012
VOTE FRAUD: WHAT THEY AREN'T TELLING YOU

By: Devvy
October 22, 2004 <<<--<< NOTE the DATE
NewsWithViews.com
"The real rulers in Washington are invisible and exercise power from behind the scenes." -- Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter,1952

The issue of vote fraud has been all over the news for months. The first time I ran for Congress in the '93-'94 cycle, my campaign put out 25,000 flyers on Jim Collier's book VoteScam: The Stealing of America. Vote fraud and electronic ballot machines have been one of my pet issues and crusades since 1993. I find it ironic that the ones making the most noise about this are the Democrats, bona fide experts when it comes to vote fraud.

There was vote fraud in the March 1996 primary when I ran as a Republican against the nitwit incumbent, Congressman Wally Herger. Just one of the many things that happened: While I was legally on the ballot, in the largest county in the district, my name didn't even appear on the ballot in one of the biggest precincts! When all was said and done, the Secretary of State, Republican Bill Jones, refused to investigate and in his short, terse letter to me said if I didn't like the outcome of the election, sue the state. By that time, the vote had been certified and it was all over. At that point I realized the "Grand Old Party" wasn't interested in the truth or fair elections, the party was over, I kissed the GOP good bye and have never regretted my decision.

***** The real fraud is inside the machines *****

"I am concerned for the security of our great nation, not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."- General Douglas MacArthur

Magicians use something called a 'magician's distraction.' They direct your attention to one hand while the other hand is busy doing the magic trick. Right now, everyone is watching the ballots and registrations, but they're ignoring what's inside these machines we pay for with our tax dollars, and according to the high court here in California, we have no right to do so to protect "proprietary interests" of the manufacturer. Let me enlighten you by quoting from a vote fraud newsletter (Cincinnatus News Service), December 1996:

"The missing link in the vote fraud investigation has been found. The November 1996 issue of Relevance Magazine reveals that two-way hidden modems are being built into the ever growing number of computerized optical scanner/direct recording voting machines in use all across the country from New England to California.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd72.htm
American Lady

Danville, KY

#64109 Nov 17, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Always with this bullshit and non sense.
Do you ever have anything interesting to say???
Most everything I post
SHOULD be interesting
to "Patriotic" AMERICANS!

I "know" THAT excludes "you" ...

sooooo...
Scroll & Roll ...you BIG boy you :)
wtf

Jackson, KY

#64110 Nov 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Most everything I post
SHOULD be interesting
sooooo...
Patriots don't stay up all night posting horseshit, but you do.

Since: Dec 11

#64111 Nov 17, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Thta has already been decided by the Supreme Court dummy.
Thta? are you a "retarded magician" now?

Oh.. okay if you wanna be, everyone thinks you 'magically' pull the stupid comments out of your @$$ anyway!
btw it's supposed to be Ta Dah! not Thta.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#64112 Nov 17, 2012
shesha wrote:
<quoted text>the creator gods are challenged as to their authenticity to being the ABSOLUTE.
genesis god
plural
let "us" create man in "our" image
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...
In case you didn't KNOW it, let me TELL you about the Bible that America used in it's EARLY Stages!

It was the Geneva Bible ...
Written in 1560 ... NOT the 1599 version!
The Pilgrims brought it to America with them and used it as a Foundation to base their New Nation on.
---------

The Geneva Bible: 1560 Edition, hardcover The Bible of the Protestant Reformation

http://www.christianbook.com/geneva-1560-edit...

There are many for whom Tolle Lege's 1599 Geneva Bible, with its church-militant presentation, will be attractive. I happen to think that edition is a bit rinky-dink and offensively over-eager.
http://www.amazon.com/Geneva-Bible-OE-Bible-P...

THE BIBLE COMMONWEALTHS

The Geneva Bible

The Geneva Bible was published in English in Geneva in 1560 by English reformers who fled to the continent to escape persecutions by Queen Mary. Their leader was William Whittingham, who married a sister of John Calvin. The Geneva Bible was used by the Pilgrims and Puritans in New England until it was gradually replaced by the King James Bible. According to one twentieth-century scholar, "between 1560 ... and 1630 no fewer than about two hundred editions of the Geneva Bible, either as a whole or of the New Testament separately, appeared. It was the Bible of Shakespeare and of John Bunyan and of Cromwell's Army and of the Pilgrim Fathers."
The Bible and Holy Scriptures Conteyned in the Olde and Newe Testament.

Geneva: 1560
The New England colonies have often been called "Bible Commonwealths" because they sought the guidance of the scriptures in regulating all aspects of the lives of their citizens. Scripture was cited as authority for many criminal statutes. Shown here are the two Bibles used in seventeenth-century New England and a seventeenth-century law code from Massachusetts that cites scripture.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel01.ht...

Anything with "loc" after www. DEFINES - Library of Conresss - U.S. Congress!- for you "duMMies" out there :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#64113 Nov 17, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Patriots don't stay up all night posting horseshit, but you do.
I've NOT been UP all night ...
IF I was it IS no "business" of "yours" ...

I do NOT "tell" you what to DO, do I?

IF I did, "you" wouldn't be the "sos" you are!:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#64114 Nov 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Carts, Horses, and Secession
There’s buzz about secession. Ronald Holland shows some strategic pitfalls in an excellent column. Asking the White House to comment on the secession of one or more states won’t move the President, Congress, the courts, or the military. But it is symbolic of the exhaustion many people feel as they watch the crony political class squander their treasure and their liberty.
Secession can be seen as a last resort form of “interposition of the lower magistrate.” The interposition concept comes from early Calvinists, including John Calvin. It had a huge influence on the American Revolution.
And when all else fails, the lower magistrate can even lead a secession movement.
“When all else fails” is a crucial phrase. Thomas Jefferson put it deftly,“Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/11/17/ca...
http://law.justia.com/constitution/us/018-bil...
ATTENTION ALL SECESSIONISTS.....
I am checking for Departure Details for the Secessionists. Will begin with Cruise Liner and destination TBD. Specifics as they come in. Please make arrangements for personal items left in U.S. and WHERE you would like them sent to. Thanks, USA
Daily Mail
Derrick Belcher, Man Behind Alabama Secession Petition, Mad About Losing Topless Car Wash (VIDEO)
Huffington Post - 1 day ago
Belcher's topless car wash fell under this umbrella. So, last Friday, he started the Alabama secession petition in hopes that his state will be ... As of this writing, the Alabama secession petition had garnered 29,113 signatures ...
Man leading Alabama succession petition launched the movement after losing topless car wash
Daily MailGuy Who Started Alabama's Secession Petition Mostly Just Wants ... gawker.com/5961046/guy-who-started-alabamas-s ...-...
1 day ago ... Guy Who Started Alabama's Secession Petition Mostly Just Wants His Topless Car Wash Back. As the number of "We the People" secession ...
Alabama secessionist blames government for closing topless car ... www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/16/alabama-secess ......
1 day ago ... An Alabama man who started a petition calling for the White House to allow ... Details topless car wash had been shut down by the government.
Alabama secession petition starter mad about losing topless ... now.msn.com/derrick-belcher-starter-of-alabam ...-...
1 day ago ... Alabama secession petition was started by Derrick Belcher, who lost his ... The man who started the petition for Alabama to opt out of the U.S. is angry at ... Derrick Belcher's petition for Alabama to secede has more than 25,000 ... Belcher , 45, of Chunchula says his car wash in Mobile that featured topless ...
Man Who Started Alabama's Secession Petition Desperately Wants ... www.complex.com/city-guide/2012/11/man-who-st ......
1 day ago ... Man Who Started Alabama's Secession Petition Desperately Wants His Car Wash Back. Alabama has one of the most successful secession ...
Man Filed First Secession Petition After Government Closed His ... politix.topix.com/homepage/3419-man-filed-fir ......
5 days ago ... "Derrick B.," one of the guys behind the wave of petitions to secede ... But if we've got 20 of them, then that starts to be something," Belcher told AL.com . "If you look at a map of the red states, we have all of the oil and we .... And the owner of a topless car wash is blaming the liberals for shutting him down?
Alabama Secessionist Blames Government for Closing Topless Car ...
videocafe.crooksandliars.com/.../alabama-sece ...
1 day ago
An Alabama man who started a petition calling for the White House to allow ... Details ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#64115 Nov 17, 2012
Eliot's Algonquin Language Bible
Obedient to the New Testament command to preach the Gospel to all nations, ministers in all of the first British North American colonies strove to convert the local native populations to Christianity, often with only modest results. One of the most successful proselytizers was John Eliot (1604-1690), Congregational minister at Roxbury, Massachusetts. His translation of the Bible into the Algonquin Indian language is seen here. At one time Eliot ministered to eleven hundred "Praying Indians," organized into fourteen New England style towns.

The Holy Bible: Containing the Old Testament and the New,
Translated into the Indian Language....

Seventeenth-Century Laws of Massachusetts
Criminal laws in the early New England colonies were based on the scriptures

especially the Old Testament.

Many **civil laws and procedures were modelled after the English common law.

The General Laws and Liberties of the Massachusets Colony:
Revised and Reprinted
Cambridge, Massachusetts: Samuel Green, 1672
Law Library, Rare Book Collection, Library of Congress (16)

know

United States

#64116 Nov 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Most everything I post
SHOULD be interesting
sooooo...
Do you have a daughter or daughters.Maybe a neice we the DNC.want them.also really Deep Down.we know by this past Election.that they want us.see all you older uot of touch.Republicans don,t understand the New Generation.on the last stastictics.that was taken more Republican.young women.are leaving their REP.men for the Evolved.Democratic Man.they want more Freedom.better Love.more understanding Relationships.an they moving Rapidly.toward the DNC.although the GOP.has some good policies.they become closed minded.an want to much of a one way path.sadly for them.this methoed.will No Longer Fly.you must change.or continue to lose.one thing is for certain.things will change.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#64117 Nov 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I've NOT been UP all night ...
IF I was it IS no "business" of "yours" ...
I do NOT "tell" you what to DO, do I?
IF I did, "you" wouldn't be the "sos" you are!:)
That wasn't his point, his point was that you shouldn't spend your patriotic life talking about it on Topix, BE ABOUT IT in the real world. Which starts with getting up off your fat ass.

"Dumb" 'ASS' "bitch."

And stop sucking up government benefits, while complaining about government benefits you lazy, loser, floozy.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#64118 Nov 17, 2012
know wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a daughter or daughters.Maybe a neice we the DNC.want them.also really Deep Down.we know by this past Election.that they want us.see all you older uot of touch.Republicans don,t understand the New Generation.on the last stastictics.that was taken more Republican.young women.are leaving their REP.men for the Evolved.Democratic Man.they want more Freedom.better Love.more understanding Relationships.an they moving Rapidly.toward the DNC.although the GOP.has some good policies.they become closed minded.an want to much of a one way path.sadly for them.this methoed.will No Longer Fly.you must change.or continue to lose.one thing is for certain.things will change.
She does NOT care about women, or the women in her family or even herself. All she cares about is the Republican Party being righteous.

TUNNEL VISION.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Athenesword 136,543
Check drawers 1 hr gator 12
Little Alvin Hubbard running scared !!! 1 hr gator 6
Stephen trace 7 hr Teresa 1
Kim Brock who knows her? (Feb '13) 9 hr Kimberly Farrow 18
state police 10 hr Yes 5
Derek Hatfield 11 hr School mate 5
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]