Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

panther nation wrote:
<quoted text>Im all for giving anyone that works in the school system a raise if the budget can support it,The previous board members never worried about giving anybody but their friends and themselves what they could get and then when they got voted out they tried to do all they could to make the biggest mess for the county and its children that they could, give these people a chance,Let them cut out all the wasteful spending and get the mess they were left with half way straightened out and then start talking about raises!Its like the old saying goes rome wasn't built in a day they have had one meeting they are not miracle workers!
Wonder, what the dollar amount runs per month to pay the people that work at the board of education? That would be an intresting question for the next board meeting?
Why

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

parent wrote:
I always was told you had to live in knox county to be a board member,so im wondering how Mrs.Jordan is still a board member when she clearly lives in louisville.I know ill be checking into this cause i had a friend that wanted to run and because she worked in another school distrit they wouldnt allow her to run..Who is brown nosing now!!
I already checked! As long as she owns a home or has a Knox Co address she eligible. Why would you not want Carla? She's the only one that has a college education. She's very intelligent and knows her stuff! What's your beef with her anyway?
Parent2

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I wish board members would spend time in these schools..and talk to staff that are not in the cliques!!! My child use to attend flat lick, I had a belly full and moved my child.. No supervision of staff or fairness in the treatment of kids. From what I saw teachers spend too much time talking and hanging out too much of a buddy system instead of truly dealing with issues.. Just pushed everything under a rug and hoped it would work itself out
scans

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh im gonna call and check on this also,cause on her fb she doesnt live in knox county anymore.why would you wont someone on the board is they have no interest in that school.I do think you should have to have a child in school to be a board member,Whats the difference in board member and being on the site base,I know you have to have a child in school..
Yes

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah the money spent to have all these meetings should be spent putting school monitors in to see what's really going on, on a day to day basis. Then I bet our scores would go up for our kids. Something's got to be done
sundaypaper

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text>
I already checked! As long as she owns a home or has a Knox Co address she eligible. Why would you not want Carla? She's the only one that has a college education. She's very intelligent and knows her stuff! What's your beef with her anyway?
Carla why are you answering these questions for,You dont have no one to answer this for you?
heard that

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text>
In answer to your question why wouldn't you want Carla? It is very plain to see she isn't intrested in the employees of Knox co Schools.Many of whom work for less than $600,00 each month.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

scans wrote:
Oh im gonna call and check on this also,cause on her fb she doesnt live in knox county anymore.why would you wont someone on the board is they have no interest in that school.I do think you should have to have a child in school to be a board member,Whats the difference in board member and being on the site base,I know you have to have a child in school..
She does work in the school system next to Louisville because she lost her job with other people at the end of this past school year. She lives there through the week because of the travel time. She does still live in this county on weekends, breaks, summer etc...
Huh

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

scans wrote:
You obviously don't know much about her! She has 3 grandchildren in Knox Co.
Answer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

heard that wrote:
<quoted text>In answer to your question why wouldn't you want Carla? It is very plain to see she isn't intrested in the employees of Knox co Schools.Many of whom work for less than $600,00 each month.
Of course she cares about the employees! She started out as an aid at Girdler so she knows all about how hard it is to make little money!! You knew the pay when you started your "less than 600.00 a month! I know her well and know that she would like nothing more than to give raises IF IT WAS THERE TO GIVE!!
get real

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

There would be money for raises if there wasn't so much going to waste! There needs to be an audit of exactly where money is being spent. Too many made up jobs--overstaffing at the central office, clothing allowances for supt. and asst. supt (oh brother), cars, gas cards, conventions (like they really go for the training)!! There really needs to be some accountability for the top jobs in the schools.
shame on u

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Mr. Huelett, shame on you for taking a raise when no one else could have one! Oh, and don't forget the clothing allowance! >\
Not true

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

shame on u wrote:
Mr. Huelett, shame on you for taking a raise when no one else could have one! Oh, and don't forget the clothing allowance! >\
That is a bold face lie!! He didn't get either one!!
Haha

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

get real wrote:
There would be money for raises if there wasn't so much going to waste! There needs to be an audit of exactly where money is being spent. Too many made up jobs--overstaffing at the central office, clothing allowances for supt. and asst. supt (oh brother), cars, gas cards, conventions (like they really go for the training)!! There really needs to be some accountability for the top jobs in the schools.
Ok, so you are saying you want people to lose their jobs so you can have a raise? SMH
well

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so you are saying you want people to lose their jobs so you can have a raise? SMH
Overstaffing at central office IS a waste. There are way too many supervisors - it's unnecessary! There are too many high paid "bosses".
whatever

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

People will believe anything--please don't consider if there is any waste-throw out the ppl are going to lose jobs bologna!! Huelett loves that-anything to divert attention to all the wasted money he doesn't have to account for.
truck

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

I heard they bought a rebuilt truck for the bus garage, Been recked i think it is an 07,payed 16,500 dollars and can't trust it out of the county. Hulett,Carla,Sam, you have 3 new board members that don't take no BS no more rubber stamps thank god. They have 22 cars and vans that is a fleet of junk if we new how much they costed we would be shocked. The truck they bought i think from Ken Merida witch is Kim Merida's cousin is this legal so on. I would like for someone to tell me what has Hulett and Carla and Sam done for the school system but protect Hulett. I think time is running out for these 3, so watch out. Oh did you get the 2 percent rasie?
Please

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

This is ridiculous, u all just want to talk about Carla who cares!!! We had a child at GR be bullied and made fun of, the principle and teachers did nothing. We need members to listen to the signs of lack of supervision and action in our schools and formulate a plan to fix it!! Please our county schools need HELP
heard that

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Yes wrote:
Yeah the money spent to have all these meetings should be spent putting school monitors in to see what's really going on, on a day to day basis. Then I bet our scores would go up for our kids. Something's got to be done
I doubt that everyone would want to be monitored might show what goes on all day and who is doing what.
heard that

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

get real wrote:
I doubt this would ever happen.If it did the audit would probably be made by some of their buddies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of53
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min SNYB 127,844
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min GOPerDoctor 144,648
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 39 min Hillbilly 26,165
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 48 min joe 16,112
Richard and Sarah hicks 1 hr Wow 8
Jennfier Grubb 1 hr Herd 3
Shawntae brought on reeves 1 hr To funny 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 4 hr billy 370
KC Basketball Coach 8 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000