Church close to Knox Central Middle School

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

wants to know

Winchester, KY

#1 Oct 1, 2012
What kind of Church is it? I've been hearing some scary things about it
Well

Barbourville, KY

#2 Oct 1, 2012
wants to know wrote:
What kind of Church is it? I've been hearing some scary things about it
There is 3 close to the middle school. Which are you talking about?
wants to know

Winchester, KY

#3 Oct 1, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
There is 3 close to the middle school. Which are you talking about?
I think it's a non-denominational one i'm not sure of the name, but i heard it was like a cult.

“I got no Opinion”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#4 Oct 1, 2012
wants to know wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's a non-denominational one i'm not sure of the name, but i heard it was like a cult.
Aren't most churches like this?
Show Time

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Has to be Scott & Tammy Phillps Church. Yes there have been scarey things said about the Church & the way they treat People. Tammy makes the youth pray as though the are so full of sin, they can't pray hard enough. Tammy had children last year before last leaving the school grounds to come to the church to Pray at lunch. Which was against school Policy. Many of the Kids got into serious trouble! Instead of having Church @ a Decent time & then going home, these people stand around all night talking & staying there for countless of hours. I have heard they stay up all night & sleep untill way up into the day. They expect their congragation to do the same. So Unethical!!! It's like they want to have an allnight party or prayer group or something! I am thankful That my Church doesn't have a stay up alnight policy, because I have a day time Job !!! Don't want any part of this type of lifestyle, nor does many others who have heard about this Church... They can do what ever they want, you can go or not, thats your Choice!!! Don't Go.....
me

Georgetown, KY

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Show Time wrote:
Has to be Scott & Tammy Phillps Church. Yes there have been scarey things said about the Church & the way they treat People. Tammy makes the youth pray as though the are so full of sin, they can't pray hard enough. Tammy had children last year before last leaving the school grounds to come to the church to Pray at lunch. Which was against school Policy. Many of the Kids got into serious trouble! Instead of having Church @ a Decent time & then going home, these people stand around all night talking & staying there for countless of hours. I have heard they stay up all night & sleep untill way up into the day. They expect their congragation to do the same. So Unethical!!! It's like they want to have an allnight party or prayer group or something! I am thankful That my Church doesn't have a stay up alnight policy, because I have a day time Job !!! Don't want any part of this type of lifestyle, nor does many others who have heard about this Church... They can do what ever they want, you can go or not, thats your Choice!!! Don't Go.....
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. DO YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT GO TO THAT CHURCH??? No, they don't sleep all day and they aren't up al night. They are mothers, doctors, and lots of people with Regular 8-5 jobs. They do have a late SPANISH service on Sunday nights so that the Mexicans that work all the time have a chance to attend church. A cult, you say.....Bahaha! I guess if loving and serving The Lord is a cult, than that's what it is. Do you know how many children have gone to that church and their parents have never set foot in there? I say this is a wonderful thing for the youth in Barbourville. Tammy doesn't "make" anyone do anything. Go there one time and listen to the testimonies of some of those amazing people. They've been on the bad side. Once you become a true Christian, and serve The Lord, you can't even compare the two different lives. The reason they are all so happy and eager to witness to people is because they have experienced the love of Jesus Christ. You can see that he lives in them.

And why is it so Terrible for a child to pray? Who says such a thing? Why wouldn't you want your child to pray? Ill pray for you. You obviously need The Lord in your life. Otherwise, you wouldn't be sitting on here telling lies about people you don't even know.
just for me

Manchester, KY

#7 Oct 3, 2012
Because if you give time for praying in school you would have to give time for other religious beliefs. One example that you don't want to hear would be someone who worships satan.
jsut wondering

Winchester, KY

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Show Time wrote:
Has to be Scott & Tammy Phillps Church. Yes there have been scarey things said about the Church & the way they treat People. Tammy makes the youth pray as though the are so full of sin, they can't pray hard enough. Tammy had children last year before last leaving the school grounds to come to the church to Pray at lunch. Which was against school Policy. Many of the Kids got into serious trouble! Instead of having Church @ a Decent time & then going home, these people stand around all night talking & staying there for countless of hours. I have heard they stay up all night & sleep untill way up into the day. They expect their congragation to do the same. So Unethical!!! It's like they want to have an allnight party or prayer group or something! I am thankful That my Church doesn't have a stay up alnight policy, because I have a day time Job !!! Don't want any part of this type of lifestyle, nor does many others who have heard about this Church... They can do what ever they want, you can go or not, thats your Choice!!! Don't Go.....
No, I definitely don't want to go, i just know some people that do and i habe heard some crazy stories from other people and couldn't believe them. Do they not habe another job? i have heard from more than one person that that church is like a cult
a crazy granny

Manchester, KY

#9 Oct 5, 2012
I thought all Churches has sleep ins for the children. There are a lot of people who may need to stay week to get all the demons out. Dont talk about their church someone may be talking about yours because your dont do right. Who can say right and wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min 357 m is better 131,002
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min Hmmm 4,532
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Le Jimbo 153,111
joann gregory 13 min Somebody she stol... 6
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 16 min Always praying 6
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 31 min Man From The Edge... 81,632
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 57 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,530
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 18 hr Limbertwig 70
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••