Why does poor people complain so much?

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a citizen

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2009
Most of what they have us taxpayers sponser it! FREE housing...FREE food....FREE medical....FREE utilities...FREE phone {called lifeline}....FREE everything and they still complain!
a citizen too

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2009
AGREE,I work all the time 2 jobs actually and i don't go around complaining. I am glad to be in the work force and not asking to be kept up by neighbors! Just tired of keeping up the lazy ones.
hehe

Greenbrier, AR

#3 Jan 26, 2009
well we still aint got no money to go buy fancy clothes and go out to eat unless it only cost .99 at mcdonalds.what else can i get fur free? that aint anuff i'm still complaining.you got anythang for free?
pitiful

United States

#4 Jan 26, 2009
That last post is a good example of the pure stupidity thats in Knox Co.
the worker

United States

#5 Jan 26, 2009
I work 6 nights a week and when i pull in my driveway around 8am the people across the street who are in their late 20's ask for a ride to get cigs or ask to borrow money. I will pay you on check day is what they always say but never once paid me a nickel. YES i am sick of helping those who wont help themselves!
LOL

Somerset, KY

#6 Jan 26, 2009
Just cause you work dont mean your middle class. In fact only a VERY VERY VERY small percentage of knox county are middle class under the standards of income. Those that are have mostly inherited it..if your not familar with the term that means it was given to you. So chances are your just a poor folk like the rest of us.

Actually common sense tells me if I couldnt find work I would do whatever I had to do to support my family even if I had to break a law to do it. Even if I had to get help from the gov. I do see some on disability work harder than anyone ever working. Thats just a bunch of crap, but, how is the government supposed to know this? They have literally 10s of thousands of disability claims out there they cant watch them all. I don't know if you have noticed but this area isnt exactly job central...and maybe they are doing what they have to do to support their kids and family. And then some of them truly do need disability. Dont assume everyone is out to get your check.

I worked 20 years became disabled and I didnt ask for it. I was making tons of $$ working for this area. There is no way I want to go down to a fixed income.
hehe

Greenbrier, AR

#7 Jan 26, 2009
well for your information "pitiful" you are a good exmaple of the people who make fun of others that you know nothing about. And i am a very smart person, i own my home and i own very nice things, but things are not what makes a person it is what is in their hearts, and no i have not had it made all my life, i have worked all my life for what i do have..

i just posted like that, because i knew i would get this from a rude person like you..just goes to show how eager you were to down people that needs help sometime, it might be you someday.
rybo

London, KY

#8 Jan 26, 2009
i know people that just won't work.for there kids do you know people like that
Somebody

Davis Station, SC

#9 Jan 26, 2009
Only thing I can think of is, they have no shame.

I'd like to know how they are able to afford internet and I was in the grocery store the other day, and this hefer pulled out one of those EBT cards (food stamps), she had a friggin cell phone, and a $90.00 pair of tennis shoes on. I know the shoes cost that much, because a couple of weeks ago, I had purchased similar for my child. She was wearing the jewelry store! Her kids wear dressed very nicely and were clean and high end shoes on too, jeans alone were about $40.00.

After I got my groceries and paid for them (cash) with the weekly pay check I draw, she was still in the parking lot and the bitSh was getting in a $22,000 vehicle, and this fat a$$ man, got out to help her. I don't know the story behind this fat a$$ cow, but it was obvious from her looks and the almost to be obese children, that were with her, she wasn't going without. I don't know if the things she was wearing and riding in, were stolen, given or what. But, all I could ask myself is...what in the h#ll is wrong with this picture.
enough already

Frankfort, KY

#10 Jan 26, 2009
a citizen wrote:
Most of what they have us taxpayers sponser it! FREE housing...FREE food....FREE medical....FREE utilities...FREE phone {called lifeline}....FREE everything and they still complain!
the "TRULY" poor people arent the ones doing the complaining. its the ones who sit at home, get a check and run the roads that do.
poor

Lexington, KY

#11 Jan 26, 2009
I'm a little poor and i don't complain I'll take all the goverment has to offer
LOL

Somerset, KY

#12 Jan 26, 2009
All I know is I paid in for 20 years before becoming disabled I deserve to be able to draw some now that I am unable to work. Im not complaining not wanting a free ride. But I will say this if you had to live on $700 a month you might find out that its not exactly laughing all the way to the bank. Someone only drawing that much truly disabled and single...cant hardly make it without some kinda help.

To some of these people they have no option but to take what they get. Now put yourself in their shoes, your working now...tomorrow you dont know, you might be totally disabled and then you will be living on $700 a month instead of your usual $3000 a month. I will bout bet if you own something you will not be afraid to reach out for any help you can get from the government because you cant go back to work.

What I am getting at is that if you think $700 a month is easy street try to live on it a few months. But I do understand the people with nothing wrong with them just too lazy to work, need to be weeded out. I know a bunch of them as we all do...but not near everyone on disability lies about it.
A citizen

United States

#13 Jan 26, 2009
"SOMEBODY" way to go girl! You said it all! We need more people who think like you do in this small town. Not many of us normal people left. I hope you have a super great day my friend!
po foke

Manchester, KY

#14 Jan 26, 2009
bad poor people always something
wanting food for their children
cold complaining all the time because they are cold and hungry
Barely Herr

Harrison, AR

#15 Jan 26, 2009
Sometimes Poor ppl get caught in a rut,and dont have Paretns,Brothers,Etc.. to pull them out and they can either result in selling dope,selling there asses,or depending on the gov.Especially if they work for yrs ,then become disabled,to me somone on disability is POOR.

I guesss,It was some rich person that posted this!
Also,If the person is poor due to Drugs then there IS NOT an excuse,But you dont know everyones situation,So,Therefore you need toeither tell the ones that lives around you to leave you alone.

The working ppl always complain about paying taxes,Well,I think its TAX season and U r some happy ppl arent you,Are you having kids to claim on your taxes in order to get more,You may apy taxes ,YES,But you never mention anything about getting them back,in which is something Poor ppl dont have the Pleasure of recieveing!!
Barely Herr

Harrison, AR

#16 Jan 26, 2009
I consider myself A little poor,I take care of my kids and yes,I recieve what I can from the Goverment,WITHOUT LYING!

So,I guess theres a way we can rub someone raw in all areas of lifestyles!
I guess there are COMPLAINERS in all areas and walks of ppl!
okd owel

AOL

#17 Jan 26, 2009
Somebody wrote:
Only thing I can think of is, they have no shame.
I'd like to know how they are able to afford internet and I was in the grocery store the other day, and this hefer pulled out one of those EBT cards (food stamps), she had a friggin cell phone, and a $90.00 pair of tennis shoes on. I know the shoes cost that much, because a couple of weeks ago, I had purchased similar for my child. She was wearing the jewelry store! Her kids wear dressed very nicely and were clean and high end shoes on too, jeans alone were about $40.00.
After I got my groceries and paid for them (cash) with the weekly pay check I draw, she was still in the parking lot and the bitSh was getting in a $22,000 vehicle, and this fat a$$ man, got out to help her. I don't know the story behind this fat a$$ cow, but it was obvious from her looks and the almost to be obese children, that were with her, she wasn't going without. I don't know if the things she was wearing and riding in, were stolen, given or what. But, all I could ask myself is...what in the h#ll is wrong with this picture.
You should have taken a picture of this LOL I bet they would have ducked. The picture ia all wrong. We have worked all our life and we were poor. We bettered ourselves and held down jobs and even started us a little busisness on the side. We had to guess as to what income we would have(extimated taxes) I am not trying to put people down but if they are healthy and can work, wouldn't make you feel better about yourself knowing they were a taxpayer. I saw on here where a lady said she lived on 300.00 worth of foodstamps a month for her and a child. Well let me tell you I could get ahead if I had that to spend on food. A lot of people work just to have health insurance(older) you do not have a chance until you are 65 and draw your ss being disabled. I would think I had hit the lottery if I had food stamps, but I know the ones that get them are and have had family that was on ssi the circle keeps going around and it is sestroying the oldse sick people. Just pray you make it to 65-70.
fromthispointon

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Jan 26, 2009
What is there in Knox co that anyone wants?
COAL!!!!!!!!!!
other then that the Government Knows that this is a dryed up area You think that Government dont know how many people draw checks in one way or another?In this county...If the Government cut off checks Fema would have to bring trucks and food to this area,people would be in the streets mobbing for food and heat,people go without medical care now and the Government is trying to police that,, waite until you hear the word Controlled food sudstance and its against the law to eat sertain foods because of health problems and people loose there Doctors if there blood sugars is to high or lipids,because they did not eat correct that week, Or if they want stop smoking they loose medical care or inshurane, If this ever happens wander what Minister and police force will arrest overeaters? and smokers In the name of the Lord?
XoneX

Waynesburg, KY

#19 Jan 26, 2009
Lost count X last also!
fromthispointon

Mount Vernon, KY

#20 Jan 26, 2009
People got to Loosen up on each other let a man work if its on the conner shining shoes, Every gainful money making job is Government laws made you go to pay thousands for lawnmoer school, what if the Goverment said you had to have a high school education and go to allergy school and buy air filters and before you could moe grass? For all you know you could moe a lawn and cause allergies to pass across over in to Mr so and so yard and make him sick and then he take you to court and charge you for moeing grass without a grass permit and paying grass fees whats next? goverment regulations has brought poverty its the way you gain complete control over all people and cut off life supporting things unless you comply with Government regulations and the rich thinks of its own survival and will make the laws so he dont have to work the richest man in the world never work a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has the east Barbourville pastor done ? 10 min in my opinion 5
Barbourville City Teachers 18 min Explain 3
Three liquor stores in bville 42 min well 9
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 45 min Bek-Bek333 66
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 148,957
JR SMITH snitch 1 hr Knows 14
green beans 2 hr Lottie 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages