Barbourville, Ky
Janie

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Aug 9, 2014
Does anyone know anything about the red brick house with white columns. That was located next to theater.
curious

Keavy, KY

#3 Aug 9, 2014
when, and which theater?
Beelzebub

London, KY

#4 Aug 9, 2014
I'm gonna assume they're talking about the old The Knox Drive-In, the only other one ever in Bville was The Magic Theater on the Court Square.

Dont know who owns the house.
Beelzebub

London, KY

#5 Aug 9, 2014
Actually now that I think back, there was also the Mitchell Theatre that burned down in the early 80's on Liberty street.

“Old School Wrestling Action”

Since: Aug 14

Barbourville, KY

#6 Aug 10, 2014
What about it?
Janie

Dallas, TX

#7 Aug 10, 2014
Do you have any history on the house....did anyone die in the house....suicides...etc....
whowhatwhenwhere

United States

#8 Aug 10, 2014
Their was a squirrel who hung himself by placing a chain of linked beer tabs around a whirlybird. His lasts words was. I'm going green.
Janie

United States

#9 Aug 11, 2014
There's always obe ahole in tbe bunch....
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Aug 11, 2014
Who is the constable and does he do his job?
Janie

Hayward, CA

#11 Aug 11, 2014
Im really just asking some honest questions...we lived there once back in the late 78 or 79 and i always regreted not having any pictures of the old house.s
Janie

Hayward, CA

#12 Aug 11, 2014
We once heard rumors that a young man had killed himself there and i wondered if there was any truth it...
Rumors

Pineville, KY

#13 Aug 12, 2014
Janie wrote:
There's always a ahole in tbe bunch....
Yeah, but, you could have been quite about it, and no one would have ever noticed you.
Janie

Plano, TX

#14 Aug 12, 2014
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but, you could have been quite about it, and no one would have ever noticed you.
Im confused about comment...quite about what?
old movies

Dallas, TX

#15 Aug 13, 2014
curious wrote:
when, and which theater?
99 old us highway 25E loop 2E Old knox drive in theater
old movies

Dallas, TX

#16 Aug 13, 2014
Janie wrote:
Im really just asking some honest questions...we lived there once back in the late 78 or 79 and i always regreted not having any pictures of the old house.s
I would like a picture of the old red brick house next to the theater I would pay for it if anyone has one my family lived there in the early 70,s but we never got a picture of it and I am trying to do an album for my parents of all the places we have lived. We moved alot and I thought it would be fun to go back and see all the homes we lived in.
humm

United States

#17 Aug 14, 2014
Interesting ..
look

Keavy, KY

#18 Aug 14, 2014
there are at least 2 book "Knox county Ky: History" And "Barbourville & Knox county " by Michael Mills both available on amazon and have old photos of the square and some old businesses.You may be able to get into the mountain advocate archives to look at photos too.
ware

London, KY

#19 Aug 14, 2014
Does anyone know why they let the best engineer go. Heard they had an assistant program there. Guess the big Tru will take us over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 167,800
knox central cheer 7 min Supporter 5
Who have you heard is running for Judge Executuve 53 min Sandy 40
Wives to protest Daniel Boone Pageant !!! 56 min mad wife 1
Where is Travis Hughes 1 hr Lol 2
Thank You Carnell for having Customer Appreciat... 2 hr Misled 12
Jennifer young and roe Gibson 5 hr Jennifer 9

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages