Has anyone been to the syboxone clin...
I also go there

Doniphan, MO

#22 Sep 25, 2009
well to the "begging for help" i do know that when you first go there, that you cant be on methadone, Im not completly sure why, i just know that they tell you if you are, it may delay you getting the meds, like you would have to not have any methadone in your system, i guess its because they are both to control addictions to a point, I also know that the clinic did at one point write the benzos for some of the patients there, but now they have stopped that for some reason, You would probabbly have to call in and ask them all your questions, cause it would be nice if you could get the help, there is also a website for the program, http://www.selfrefind.com/ not sure if this site will help you with anything or not, but maybe you could check it out and see what you think. There are pamplets available at the clinic in town which if you stop in one day and ask they will be glad to help you , as i said there great people there, and for once i dont feel like someone looks down on me, there different there. I really hope that you can find some kind of help, whether it be there or some other place, I am not sure if you can take the benzos with your suboxone or not, or if they just dont write them anymore. If you dont want to walk in the clinic maybe you could call them, and talk to them and get more information, this number is the clinics main office but they can and will give you the number for the clinic in b'ville, but they could probably also help you , 1-866-755-4258..

Adiction is a very bad issue, that most consider simple and that you can just lay the drugs down whenever you want to, and yes sometimes you hear succes stories about people who did just that, but in my opinion its more than that, there is a reason for each person to start using, maybe just to fit in, or to cover some other kind of pain emotionaly, or maybe just the result of taking them as prescribed meds, you really need to get to the root of your problem in order to have a succesful outcome, im in the process in my treatment now to find my reason for using, and its harder to dig all of that past back out then it is to just take something, but im very confident in myself and ive done it for long enough i want to live a happy normal life. I pray that you will also have a success story to share with me. I would like to see you get over this.. Dont let anyone put you down or change your mind, you have to stay strong for yourself, and ill be praying for you...
I also go there

Doniphan, MO

#23 Sep 25, 2009
i had wrote that i wasnt completly sure about the methadone, but i have been reading and they do help you if your addicted to methadone, maybe you should call and try to make you an appointment to see them or ask over the phone, and get you some help, the sooner the better.. once again good luck.
Begging for Help

United States

#24 Sep 25, 2009
Thank you for such a quick response! I feel so helpless right now, i thought being addicted to a pain killer would be the same....loracet, percocet AND methadone because it is prescribed for pain! I really need help but it is like i hit a brick wall no matter which way i turn! I have been going to church lately 'first time in years' so i am going to lay it in Gods hands. No one understands our situation unless they have been in our shoes! I am glad that you are doing well in your recovery and will be praying for your future sucess. I do have one last question.....my friend went to the clinic yesterday to get the suboxone to get high on, so is this true that you can get 'high' on that stuff too? It seems like i am the one who needs and wants help but am NOT able to find it!!!! I want to be at a place in my life where i take NO PILLS. NONE!
Thanks again for the info and i will be talking with the people that you have put me in touch with. I will be awaiting your response to my question on 'do you get high on this suboxone and if so how is she doing it '? I love my friend and want her to be drug free also! Good luck and God bless your little heart.
I am praying

Pineville, KY

#25 Sep 25, 2009
My heart truly goes out to each and everyone of you who has an addiction. My dad and brother are addicted to medicines to. And I know many people who have surely turn their back to them as if they are trash and I have literally seen this happen. And how it breaks my heart. I worry everyday/everynight that drugs are going to take their life. Sometimes I am afraid to answer my phone especially when they are really high on drugs. We already know so many people who have lost their life to drugs. It is so sad. I pray for them all the time and not only them but everyone who has an addiction and their loved ones. Because surely they suffer too. God Bless each and everyone of you and you are in my prayers...Also, turn to the Lord for surely God cares...God Bless
I also go there

Doniphan, MO

#26 Sep 25, 2009
you ask me if you could get high on the suboxone, and my awnser to that would have to be NO, I have read up on suboxone and have educated myself on it also, people do believe they are getting "high" on the suboxone, but there really not. You cant get high on the suboxone, you can however get yourself thinking you need them, if you take them around the same time of the day you took the other drugs you were addicted to. ie.. i used to take my first dose of my drug of choice when i first got out of bed,, so when i started the suboxone, i did do that, because it was a habbit, and i was scared to have withdraw symtoms, so i spoke with a couple people from the clinic and my doc, they told me to switch it up some, well one man that was speaking to us did, he said instead of taking it when i first get up, he said try to get up and take your shower and whatever eles before you take it, dont get yourself into a habbit of taking it at the same time each day, that way i didnt feel like i had to have the suboxone, because that would replace my old feelings towards drugs and put it on the suboxone pill. I try to take my medicine at different times each day, because i dont want to trick my brain and start feeling dependent upon the suboxone. I take my medicine everyday, and ive never felt a high off of the medicine. When you start the suboxone clinic they will talk to you and tell you that you actually cant get high from it, i would to like to see your friend succeed. Its bad to be addicted to anything. I will continue to pray for you..
Supportive

Richmond, KY

#27 Sep 25, 2009
I also go there wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are addicted I do recomend you going there, its such a good feeling not having to worry about if your gonna be able to get money to get your next high. You had some questions about the clinic. I would be happy to tell you what I do know. I do go there and I go once a month, like i said before it is 350.00 a month. The length of your time on the medication is based upon your treatment and your recovery. Each person is different so each persons treatment is diferent. Your first visit you will be there a little while, doing the paper work and then they want someone to come to your first visit with you to go pick up your medication for you the first time, while you wait there, so they can give you your doese there every 15 minutes, that first time , to see how you react to it. Which is safer than just sending you on your way, so that way if you have any reactions they can help you. After that first visit you shouldnt have to do that, that is just how they monitor your first intake of suboxone. They do urine test each visit, and if you have relapsed the best advise i can give you would be to be honest and tell them when you go in , cause if not you are not being honest then it is like not progressing in your treatment. I am thankful for the clinic they say that you get your life back and ive truly started to get my life back, im very pleased with the services and the people that work there are great people, they seem to be there for you, not only a job, but they seem to really want to see you do better. I pray for you and your addiction. I pray that you do try to clinic its a great new start for anyone suffereing from addiction, ive been there and its not a good feeling, when you feel overwhelmed from the addiction. I hope you choose to over come and beat your addiction and go try the clinic, you will be very happy when you get going, your first month or even the first few months are going to be hard, cause thats when you have to push out all the old habbits and friends, but if you truly wanna kick your addiction then you will make it. I keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
Thanks for offering such sincere help and advice! I have always been told that helping others is good for your own recovery as well. Thank You from the bottom of my Heart! I actually had already called the clinic for advice and they told me the prices and about my insurance. But to hear it from someone thats been there is great! Im not worried about getting high from the drug, cause I dont take my medication now to get high: its to cure the addiction! Truthfully, Ive came to think that after 9 years of abusing pain meds, its no longer a good feeling (high), its just to get through the day, to feel normal and be able to complete daily activities. I hate it! I hate depending on something as a pill to survive a 24 hr period. Thats why I want to quit! I have had my fair share and no longer want this life as an addict. So thank you, for all your help and devotion.
After reading these posts, I do have another question thats very important to me. During the first week-month, did you experience any type of withdrawl symtoms? I have in the past tried the Methadone, and like others LOVED IT! Thats why I TOTALLY quit buying it off the street! Methadone would of been sooo easy for me to get hooked on however after a week of taking it, I DID experience mild withdrawl symtoms; Headaches, lose of energy, upset stomach. It was almost as I had caught a mild flu bug. So, how about the Suboxene? Any withdrawl symtoms? You are my angel....
I also go there

Doniphan, MO

#28 Sep 25, 2009
i just so happen to check topix, havent checked it since my last post, and you just wrote. I figured id go ahead and respond to you.

I really hope you do give the suboxone a try, and anyone at that matter, its really worth it. I know 350.00 sounds like a high price to pay, but if you are a addict then add it up, what you were spending a month just in your "dope" I spent way more than that, I know that each person reacts differently to things,i was like you scared of going through the withdraw of coming off my drug of choice, when i first went in they told me to come to my appointment in withdraw, which was not easy, but i did, they needed to see how bad my withdraw symtoms were. I went in and then when the person with me went and picked up and brought back my medicine, and they started to give me a dose at a time, every 15 mins, i didnt feel any relief right away, but after a while i did start to realize the differece, it really wasnt as bad as i had went through before when i just couldnt find anything. my first couple of months were hard, to a point, but you have so much going on at that time, but i cant say that i honestly had the withdraw pains as if just stopping, i can remember when if i couldnt find somthing or until i did find soemthing i would feel as if i had been beat and my whole body ached, it was awful, i had head achs i had no energy and i felt like crap, i stayed on the toilet i know that is not cool, but its the truth, i had bad times, but i didnt go through not even half of that when i first started to take the suboxone, i didnt have any kind of symtoms like that, i may have had acouple but nothing i couldnt handle, but that is why they base your dose on your situation, to make sure that you get just the right amount to help your addiction..I Hope that you get the help, because ive been there and its bad to see someone go through it, its the worst feeling in the world and unless you have been there, you really dont understand.. May god be with you through everything..
been there

Pineville, KY

#29 Sep 26, 2009
Supportive wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for offering such sincere help and advice! I have always been told that helping others is good for your own recovery as well. Thank You from the bottom of my Heart! I actually had already called the clinic for advice and they told me the prices and about my insurance. But to hear it from someone thats been there is great! Im not worried about getting high from the drug, cause I dont take my medication now to get high: its to cure the addiction! Truthfully, Ive came to think that after 9 years of abusing pain meds, its no longer a good feeling (high), its just to get through the day, to feel normal and be able to complete daily activities. I hate it! I hate depending on something as a pill to survive a 24 hr period. Thats why I want to quit! I have had my fair share and no longer want this life as an addict. So thank you, for all your help and devotion.
After reading these posts, I do have another question thats very important to me. During the first week-month, did you experience any type of withdrawl symtoms? I have in the past tried the Methadone, and like others LOVED IT! Thats why I TOTALLY quit buying it off the street! Methadone would of been sooo easy for me to get hooked on however after a week of taking it, I DID experience mild withdrawl symtoms; Headaches, lose of energy, upset stomach. It was almost as I had caught a mild flu bug. So, how about the Suboxene? Any withdrawl symtoms? You are my angel....
I had called a rehab in Lexington for my dad once and they asked me what was he on. Which at the time he was addicted to oxy and xanax. At the time I could not talk my dad to go into rehab for treatment and the lady I spoke to on the phone told me to give him Thera-flu for oxy withdraw. That is what they would give him if he were there, but if I had to buy xanax off the street he would have to have it. She said Withdraws from xanax was like alcohol detox and it could be very dangerous for him to come off of those cold turkey (because we were broke of money) but my Dad took way too many xanax at one time. I guess that is why she said it would be dangerous for him. I went that night and got him thera-flu and it really worked on the withdraws from the oxy. But now he is hooked on Methadone really bad..It is so sad and heartbreaking to see anyone in this shape...God Bless
Begging for Help

United States

#30 Sep 27, 2009
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
I had called a rehab in Lexington for my dad once and they asked me what was he on. Which at the time he was addicted to oxy and xanax. At the time I could not talk my dad to go into rehab for treatment and the lady I spoke to on the phone told me to give him Thera-flu for oxy withdraw. That is what they would give him if he were there, but if I had to buy xanax off the street he would have to have it. She said Withdraws from xanax was like alcohol detox and it could be very dangerous for him to come off of those cold turkey (because we were broke of money) but my Dad took way too many xanax at one time. I guess that is why she said it would be dangerous for him. I went that night and got him thera-flu and it really worked on the withdraws from the oxy. But now he is hooked on Methadone really bad..It is so sad and heartbreaking to see anyone in this shape...God Bless
I CERTAINLY KNOW ABOUT THE METHADONE!!!!! I would like ro thank 'i also go there for the advice and prayers' I am at the point where i wake up and take a handful of mathadone and a handful of xanax..... then go about my day,,,, sometimes i wonder if this is the day i die!!! I take methadone and would die if i could not get it!!! I can't believe that i am addicted to a drug that suppose to get you off drugs,,,,,"see how twisted my life is" That is why i am afraid of the suboxone!!!! When i called ..i was told if you take more than 3 methadone a day we cannot help you.,,,NOW WHAT? I was so high on xanax and methadone that i fell asleep IN CHURCH....AT REVIVAL!!! I am the worst human being in the world! This drug has got the best of me, no one should take the amount that i do! I need prayers from all the beautiful people that has made a post about addiction....it is good at least to know that others know what i go through,,,,GOD is my only way out ....you know that i go around in life so 'high' that others don't even notice....10 xanax,,,,acouple valium and 90 milligrams og methadone! My habit is BAD. Does anyone have advice for ME? By the way i have no medical insurance because i am self employed and work everyday. I NEED HELP....someone to talk to who would understand,,,?
been there

Pineville, KY

#31 Sep 27, 2009
Begging for Help wrote:
<quoted text>I CERTAINLY KNOW ABOUT THE METHADONE!!!!! I would like ro thank 'i also go there for the advice and prayers' I am at the point where i wake up and take a handful of mathadone and a handful of xanax..... then go about my day,,,, sometimes i wonder if this is the day i die!!! I take methadone and would die if i could not get it!!! I can't believe that i am addicted to a drug that suppose to get you off drugs,,,,,"see how twisted my life is" That is why i am afraid of the suboxone!!!! When i called ..i was told if you take more than 3 methadone a day we cannot help you.,,,NOW WHAT? I was so high on xanax and methadone that i fell asleep IN CHURCH....AT REVIVAL!!! I am the worst human being in the world! This drug has got the best of me, no one should take the amount that i do! I need prayers from all the beautiful people that has made a post about addiction....it is good at least to know that others know what i go through,,,,GOD is my only way out ....you know that i go around in life so 'high' that others don't even notice....10 xanax,,,,acouple valium and 90 milligrams og methadone! My habit is BAD. Does anyone have advice for ME? By the way i have no medical insurance because i am self employed and work everyday. I NEED HELP....someone to talk to who would understand,,,?
my heart truly goes out to you. I have never been addicted to drugs and I praise God for that. But my father and brother are addicted really bad actually most of my family is. Even family members that I would have never imagine been hooked on drugs are now addicts. And it scares me. I've seen my Dad take a handful of xanax in front of me and say I'll see you on the other side. I thought surely he would die. I was only about 12 at the time. For some reason he lived though, but I never forgot how I felt how scared I was that I would lose my daddy. I guess that is why I am so afraid of everything even tylenol. I pray for my family and everyone on drugs because I know God is surely the answer. He can set the captive free. Seek the Lord, seek him daily for deliverance. Don't give up on him. I will remember you in my prayers and I pray for you to be delivered from drugs. God has a purpose for you, he does for us all. God Bless You and God Loves You....
been there

Pineville, KY

#32 Sep 27, 2009
Begging for Help wrote:
<quoted text>I CERTAINLY KNOW ABOUT THE METHADONE!!!!! I would like ro thank 'i also go there for the advice and prayers' I am at the point where i wake up and take a handful of mathadone and a handful of xanax..... then go about my day,,,, sometimes i wonder if this is the day i die!!! I take methadone and would die if i could not get it!!! I can't believe that i am addicted to a drug that suppose to get you off drugs,,,,,"see how twisted my life is" That is why i am afraid of the suboxone!!!! When i called ..i was told if you take more than 3 methadone a day we cannot help you.,,,NOW WHAT? I was so high on xanax and methadone that i fell asleep IN CHURCH....AT REVIVAL!!! I am the worst human being in the world! This drug has got the best of me, no one should take the amount that i do! I need prayers from all the beautiful people that has made a post about addiction....it is good at least to know that others know what i go through,,,,GOD is my only way out ....you know that i go around in life so 'high' that others don't even notice....10 xanax,,,,acouple valium and 90 milligrams og methadone! My habit is BAD. Does anyone have advice for ME? By the way i have no medical insurance because i am self employed and work everyday. I NEED HELP....someone to talk to who would understand,,,?
I would like to ask you a question. I am not trying to be rude at all in asking this but just curious. My family are always to hateful to answer this question. You said that you take a handful of these pills at one time (so does my dad and brother) my question is why can't you just take one at a time or take them like they are prescribed. Like when you get up just try taking one pill instead of a handful. Have built such a tolerance? Do you think you have to have that many? Or are you trying to kill yourself? Do you want to die? Again I don't mean to be so rude but I am curious or try to understand why my loved ones does it...Because they sure won't tell us. Actually they think they don't have a problem with drugs..I just pray God watches over all of you and he is or you all would already be dead taking that many pills at once. I really pray you get delivered from this...Thanks
does it work

United States

#33 Sep 27, 2009
does thera-flu really work???
been there

Pineville, KY

#34 Sep 27, 2009
it sure seem to help my dad...and the rehab clinic I called said that it is what they used to bring people off of oxy. The lady I spoke with said when you come off of oxy you have lots of aches, a lot like the flu and you would feel miserable for several days. However the thera-flu helps with these symptoms. It is surely worth trying. My dad done alright until he started going to the methadone clinic now he is worse than ever..God Bless You
Begging for Help

United States

#35 Sep 27, 2009
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to ask you a question. I am not trying to be rude at all in asking this but just curious. My family are always to hateful to answer this question. You said that you take a handful of these pills at one time (so does my dad and brother) my question is why can't you just take one at a time or take them like they are prescribed. Like when you get up just try taking one pill instead of a handful. Have built such a tolerance? Do you think you have to have that many? Or are you trying to kill yourself? Do you want to die? Again I don't mean to be so rude but I am curious or try to understand why my loved ones does it...Because they sure won't tell us. Actually they think they don't have a problem with drugs..I just pray God watches over all of you and he is or you all would already be dead taking that many pills at once. I really pray you get delivered from this...Thanks
God love you, i wish i could reach out and hug you tight!!! I have no children and really no family to turn to. You , my dear sound so sweet and i thankful that you are NOT on drugs....IT'S A LOW CLASS LIFE AT A HIGH CLASS PRICE!
To answer your question, after awhile 1 or 2 will just make you sleepy so you need alot to calm you down and make you feel normal.....i know that sounds absurd but it is the truth!! If you have ever really watched a drug addict then you will see that we try to take so many that we are almost NUMB....COMFORTABLY NUMB. I have a college education,,a great husband and am in good financial shape! I have been on drugs for so long that i do not know what normal life is..I want to be a drug free Christian but i feel like i need help but there is no one to turn to.....so i take another pill...i take so many that i forget what i have taken!!!!!!! I go about my daily life like a zombie and people don't even notice! I want to ask you a question..'how old are you?'
I even take a sleeping pill in order to sleep...my life revolves around a pill...its pitiful
PLEASE PLEASE never take drugs sweetheart!!!!
been there

Pineville, KY

#36 Sep 27, 2009
I am 35 now but have been around drugs all of my life. I have been in church for 2 and half yrs. And I suffer from panic attacks and my life sort of revolves around panic disorder. However, if you met me you would never know that I suffer the way I do. Turning to the Lord has been the greatest thing I have ever done. I have found peace in Christ like I have never known. Although ol' satan fights me harder now than ever and everyday I battle. But God is right on time. And he is there for you. God Loves You and I love you. I don't know you but I care. It breaks my heart to see and hear of people addicted. And if I where around you I would give you a big hug also. That was touching. You will remain in my prayers. I will put in prayers for you at church. You know people need to stand in the gap and call out to the Lord for people such as yourself, you need delivered and we as christians need to call upon the Lord for just that. God Bless You...
I also go there

East Bernstadt, KY

#37 Sep 27, 2009
My heart goes out to you all, because Ive been addicted to the "pills" myself, and its the worst life you could every lead. I hated every day, and it only got worse. As I said im in the clinic now and doing much much better, I actually feel "normal" again, like when you dont have the drug that you need each day, you cant perform any task, as cleaning house, or any other daily job that needs to be done. I felt like I couldnt ever step out of bed, I would "hunt" all day and nite until i found what i needed, I couldnt sleep if i didnt have anything for me the next morning, thats sad. I wanted to crawl in a hole and just die, because i didnt feel like there was a life left for me, and i felt alone, like there wasnt any help for me... Since ive been in the clinic ive changed so much, i feel like ive got a chance at life now. If you are addicted to pills, then you know how you have to have the pills to actually feel normal as i said and complete task, well now i can feel that way without taking all that stuff, and its wonderful to be able to take my kids to the park and play with them and do things as a family without the worry of the next high. I am very thank ful for the suboxone clinic and the people that work there, they have had a big part in changing my life, forever...

I will be praying that you be blessed, and that you seek some kind of treatment, you will see that life is so much better without it, and you feel so much better. If you need to just talk im here for you, i will be glad to set a email up to give you and just listen to you. I want to hear that you have gotten help and are working on a better you.

As for anyone eles that is addicted to anything, please get help and change your life, before its to late!!
Begging for Help

United States

#38 Sep 27, 2009
Thank you both!!!! I wish you two the very best that life has to offer!!!!!!! PLEASE keep me in your prayers and if you know of a church that will take in a addict like me and not judge and be mean to me let me know. I need good Christians around me and a church where i can FEEL THE REAL LOVE OF GOD!
Is it wrong to go to church under the influence of medication? JUST CURIOUS!!!
I also go there

East Bernstadt, KY

#39 Sep 27, 2009
My oppinion, about you going to church under the influence, would be that, its probably not a good thing, but no church should judge you nor should any person judge you! If you are going to church thats a good step, and maybe god can move on you while you are there, and heal you of your addiction, I believe he can do anything.Ive seen so many things happen right before my eyes. Even with myself, and its amazing, so I will keep you in my prayers, and praying god reaches out and grabs a hold of you in the same way as myself. Believe in him, and trust him to deliver you!! You can attend the church I attend anytime you want to, and I assure you that no one will judge you, they will be glad to have you there and they will all as like myself, be praying that you can get healed of your addiction. May God Bless You & Show You A New Life!!!

Remember that Im here for you, I will listen if you ever need to just vent, and I will not judge you, it can be through emails, or instant messenger,You need to find the root of your problem that has gotten you to the place you are in your life today.
been there

Pineville, KY

#40 Sep 28, 2009
Begging for Help wrote:
Thank you both!!!! I wish you two the very best that life has to offer!!!!!!! PLEASE keep me in your prayers and if you know of a church that will take in a addict like me and not judge and be mean to me let me know. I need good Christians around me and a church where i can FEEL THE REAL LOVE OF GOD!
Is it wrong to go to church under the influence of medication? JUST CURIOUS!!!
Absolutely go to church. God is surely the answer. I attend Trinity Pentecostal Church. We wuld love to have you there. we are located on 25E in fourmile, Ky. If you are coming from Knox County you will pass Lone Jack school on the right continue on appr. 1/2 mile we are on the left under the hill just off the highway. If you pass up Fourmile post office you have gone to far...I hope to get to meet you there. God Bless You and I will be praying for you.
Our services are SUNDAY MORNING @10:00, SUNDAY NIGHT @7:00, and WEDNESDAY NIGHT @7:00.
hmm

London, KY

#41 Sep 28, 2009
I use to work in a similar place when I lived in Georiga does this place hire, and how much do they pay does anyone know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad wreck on 25e in front of creek market!! 6 min Well 2
Brittney and Scott Trent 8 min Funny as hell 13
Thieves in bimble... 9 min Neighbors 34
Who just wrecked on 25e close to creek mart? 53 min I know 1
Chris N Daisy Hubbard 1 hr Abcd 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr know 166,372
Ellen Simpson 3 hr What now 4
eye dr. corbin out of business ? 6 hr in the know 6
Jerry Wayne Garland property 23 hr boone 9

Barbourville Jobs