Has anyone been to the syboxone clinic in barbourville

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wonderin

Hazard, KY

#1 Mar 3, 2009
I go to the one in manchester.I was wanting to relocate.I don't want any smart allics on this site!!!!!!!!!!
wonderin

Hazard, KY

#2 Mar 3, 2009
Symboxone sorry for the typo.
howdy do

London, KY

#3 Mar 3, 2009
my brother in law use to go there he didnt have any problem iwth them. You just cant take any medication other than the suboxone. Like pain medicine or xanax or n e thing like that. He did fine while he was in the clinic though.
wonderin

Hazard, KY

#4 Mar 3, 2009
But what happened when he got out.
kybutterfly

Hazard, KY

#5 Mar 3, 2009
howdy do wrote:
my brother in law use to go there he didnt have any problem iwth them. You just cant take any medication other than the suboxone. Like pain medicine or xanax or n e thing like that. He did fine while he was in the clinic though.
aren't they one in barbourville now ?? down in the shopping center by family dollar, if it didn't close .i heard a friend talking about someone that was going and doing good,might need to check
howdy do

London, KY

#6 Mar 3, 2009
ya it is down in the shopping center by the family dollar. he is doing fine. I think really his addiction was more in his head than n e thing and he just straightened everything out and realized it was nonesense to spend so much money each month for something that he didnt really need to begin with all he really needed was ill power and God. But I have heard that it is a life saver for alot of people.
anonymous

Richmond, KY

#7 Mar 3, 2009
howdy do wrote:
ya it is down in the shopping center by the family dollar. he is doing fine. I think really his addiction was more in his head than n e thing and he just straightened everything out and realized it was nonesense to spend so much money each month for something that he didnt really need to begin with all he really needed was ill power and God. But I have heard that it is a life saver for alot of people.
im sorry there dear but addiction is in NO WAY "in your head". it is a disease & it kills me hearing uniformed ppl talk about addiction.
howdy do

London, KY

#8 Mar 5, 2009
i did not say that everyones addiction is in their head but his was. Instead of being physically addicted and going into withdrawl and all that crap he would just go on binges when he had a lot of money so he thought he was addicted. If he was really addicted he could not have just quit the suboxone clinic cold turkey without some form of help. On the other hand I also know someone who has done really well with the clinic. It is not a short term fix it is a long term solution as long as u can stay away from the benzos and various pain medications.
anonymous

London, KY

#10 Sep 22, 2009
What is the clinic called in barbourville
I Thought

Richmond, KY

#11 Sep 22, 2009
The Suboxene Clinic is called "Refine Yourself"
i go

Houston, AR

#12 Sep 24, 2009
no, the name of it is self refind. and they are nice people. it has helped me alot, been clean from oxy for three months! i have even had it in my face, it was tempting, but loseing all the progress i had made, and not to mention the money i have saved, made me think twice and i made the person leave my house cause they knew i was going and was seriouse about my treatment. to throw it in my face like that is just wrong! she got mad, but that is not a true friend anyway. it is 350.00 a month, that sounds like alot, but it is alot cheaper than supporting a bad habit that was costing me at lest 100 a day. my advice to anyone with a problem is go try it. it does help. the# is 18667554258. that is the hot line, they will give you the local #
lmcinfantry

Richmond, KY

#13 Sep 24, 2009
i go wrote:
no, the name of it is self refind. and they are nice people. it has helped me alot, been clean from oxy for three months! i have even had it in my face, it was tempting, but loseing all the progress i had made, and not to mention the money i have saved, made me think twice and i made the person leave my house cause they knew i was going and was seriouse about my treatment. to throw it in my face like that is just wrong! she got mad, but that is not a true friend anyway. it is 350.00 a month, that sounds like alot, but it is alot cheaper than supporting a bad habit that was costing me at lest 100 a day. my advice to anyone with a problem is go try it. it does help. the# is 18667554258. that is the hot line, they will give you the local #
You said it costs 350/mo to go, but how much does it cost to fill your prescription. I really would like to go but don't have any health insurance so I was just curious. Thanks
costly

Houston, AR

#14 Sep 24, 2009
the medicine is expensive,i get 90 and the total cost was 692.00 but my insurance covers almost all of it. i think it equals out to about 6.00 a peice. im pretty sure that you dont have to get them all at once, it may be different at some pharmacies, but i have a friend that just goes and picks up however many she can afford at one time.im pretty sure they will work with you on that at some places.it is expensive, but after you get stable, and they start lowering your dose,they will have it where you only come in like every other month, they will give you one months supply with a refill, or either call it in when its time. they dont taste to hot, you have to let it dissolve completely under your tounge, or it doenst work as well.you cant just swallow they said the medicine enters your bloodstream in the veins under your tounge.
I also go there

Doniphan, MO

#15 Sep 24, 2009
i also go to this clinic, and it has saved my life, in many ways, i am on the suboxone and i can enjoy life without chasing my next high all the time. The comment above ask how much it is to fill your medicine, well i have insurance so i dont pay, but if my doc has to write over my four weeks then i do have to pay for the others, cause my insurance will only cover a 30 day supply and sometimes they wont be back for 5 weeks, when i do that i have to pay 6.50 per pill, some places are higher than that though. If i had to pay for all of my medicine it would be very very hard on me, but to be honest with you it would be worth it cause they truly have helped me. I am thankful for that program and the people that work there are such nice people and they will help you in any way they can. I am glad i chose to change my life for the better, i feel great now, i have not completed the program yet, i doubt im ready to do that, but i can sit here and say that i am working towards that and one day i will be free from everything. When you have a addiction problem you have to get to the root of your problem and figure out what made you go that route to begin with, im working on mine now, and i pray that you to will find a way to over come your addiction. Most people think that addiction is simple and that you can just stop on your own, and they judge others for it, but there is more to it, and if you are as bad as i was then you cant just stop using, with out some kind of help. I will keep you in my prayers and everyone eles that has this problem, i pray that you do find help. I can say that self refined does help.... Good Luck
roots are here

United States

#16 Sep 24, 2009
I have to say that what you all are doing is great. Any kind of addiction is hard. God bless each and everyone of you people. You are in my prayers and You will come through this one day at a time. You are a inspiration to others. How can you help others unless you yourself has been there. Again God bless you.
I also go there

Doniphan, MO

#17 Sep 24, 2009
thank you to (roots are here) not many good people left in this town who dont judge you for your past, Usually by saying that you have been addicted to somthing and trying to get help, someone usally always has somethign bad to say about you, and they put you down and say that its all in your head and that you need to just stop, but its not easy to just stop as they say. I tried, and during my 5 and a half years of using, i lost alot of things, i lost respect from my family, and friends and when i did decide to get help, i had nothing really, and now that im doing the right thing ive started to regain my trust back with my family which isnt easy, but time will help, and my "true" friends are here to help me and want to see me succeed, and ive started to get things i couldnt before, i cant believe that i let myself get so bad and i didnt even realize i was doing it. I thank you for your prayers god knows i do need all the help i can get right now, to keep going. since i have started the clinic i have started church and got saved, and loving my new life with god, having god in my life is a whole new high for me, i love to go to church each and everytime the doors open i feel like having god in my life has helped me alot also..

I would really like to see a support group in our town for the people who are trying to over come there addictions, its not easy and maybe if we could get some kind of group going, we could help each other get through and we would know how it is, for each other, this would be a great way also for people to not be ashamed of there past, cause the others there would not judge them cause they have all been in there shoes,,, maybe this will happen one day.

Once again thank you for your prayers, and I hope that if anyone out there reading this that has a addiction problem will go in and try to self refined program, it really does work guys, and it has helped me to save my life.. I would love to see others in my shoes go there also.. At least just try it once...
Supportive

Richmond, KY

#18 Sep 24, 2009
I am so glad to see such great reviews! I also am struggling with addiction, and I have been considering the Suboxene Treatment. My time is up with addiction, I am so tired of chasing the drug and losing everything to get it. I am 27 years old, and I have been an addict for 9 years. Although, I am scared and the addiction keeps me away, I really want to try the program.
I have a couple questions/concerns if anyone can help I would dearly appreciate it. How does the program work? Does new patients (such as myself) have to go to the clinic everyday like the Methadone Clinic? How long do they keep you on the medication, etc? Thanks to everyone who helps!
I also go there

Doniphan, MO

#19 Sep 24, 2009
Supportive wrote:
I am so glad to see such great reviews! I also am struggling with addiction, and I have been considering the Suboxene Treatment. My time is up with addiction, I am so tired of chasing the drug and losing everything to get it. I am 27 years old, and I have been an addict for 9 years. Although, I am scared and the addiction keeps me away, I really want to try the program.
I have a couple questions/concerns if anyone can help I would dearly appreciate it. How does the program work? Does new patients (such as myself) have to go to the clinic everyday like the Methadone Clinic? How long do they keep you on the medication, etc? Thanks to everyone who helps!
If you are addicted I do recomend you going there, its such a good feeling not having to worry about if your gonna be able to get money to get your next high. You had some questions about the clinic. I would be happy to tell you what I do know. I do go there and I go once a month, like i said before it is 350.00 a month. The length of your time on the medication is based upon your treatment and your recovery. Each person is different so each persons treatment is diferent. Your first visit you will be there a little while, doing the paper work and then they want someone to come to your first visit with you to go pick up your medication for you the first time, while you wait there, so they can give you your doese there every 15 minutes, that first time , to see how you react to it. Which is safer than just sending you on your way, so that way if you have any reactions they can help you. After that first visit you shouldnt have to do that, that is just how they monitor your first intake of suboxone. They do urine test each visit, and if you have relapsed the best advise i can give you would be to be honest and tell them when you go in , cause if not you are not being honest then it is like not progressing in your treatment. I am thankful for the clinic they say that you get your life back and ive truly started to get my life back, im very pleased with the services and the people that work there are great people, they seem to be there for you, not only a job, but they seem to really want to see you do better. I pray for you and your addiction. I pray that you do try to clinic its a great new start for anyone suffereing from addiction, ive been there and its not a good feeling, when you feel overwhelmed from the addiction. I hope you choose to over come and beat your addiction and go try the clinic, you will be very happy when you get going, your first month or even the first few months are going to be hard, cause thats when you have to push out all the old habbits and friends, but if you truly wanna kick your addiction then you will make it. I keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
Duh

United States

#20 Sep 24, 2009
I Thought wrote:
The Suboxene Clinic is called "Refine Yourself"
WRONG it is "self refind"
Begging for Help

United States

#21 Sep 25, 2009
I also go there wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are addicted I do recomend you going there, its such a good feeling not having to worry about if your gonna be able to get money to get your next high. You had some questions about the clinic. I would be happy to tell you what I do know. I do go there and I go once a month, like i said before it is 350.00 a month. The length of your time on the medication is based upon your treatment and your recovery. Each person is different so each persons treatment is diferent. Your first visit you will be there a little while, doing the paper work and then they want someone to come to your first visit with you to go pick up your medication for you the first time, while you wait there, so they can give you your doese there every 15 minutes, that first time , to see how you react to it. Which is safer than just sending you on your way, so that way if you have any reactions they can help you. After that first visit you shouldnt have to do that, that is just how they monitor your first intake of suboxone. They do urine test each visit, and if you have relapsed the best advise i can give you would be to be honest and tell them when you go in , cause if not you are not being honest then it is like not progressing in your treatment. I am thankful for the clinic they say that you get your life back and ive truly started to get my life back, im very pleased with the services and the people that work there are great people, they seem to be there for you, not only a job, but they seem to really want to see you do better. I pray for you and your addiction. I pray that you do try to clinic its a great new start for anyone suffereing from addiction, ive been there and its not a good feeling, when you feel overwhelmed from the addiction. I hope you choose to over come and beat your addiction and go try the clinic, you will be very happy when you get going, your first month or even the first few months are going to be hard, cause thats when you have to push out all the old habbits and friends, but if you truly wanna kick your addiction then you will make it. I keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
You seem to know what you are talking about and are answering questions honestly. I am a mess and would love to stop taking medications. I was a Percocet and Loracet taker so i bought Methadone of the street to see if it would help. IT DID, but know i am addicted to methadone! I have not taken a 'loracet or percocet in 28 months but i have to have my methadone everyday! Can the Suboxone Clinic help ME?'the reason that i don't go to the methadone clinic is that i have severe panic disorder and must take a nerve pill twice a day 'benzodiazipam' I called the 3 different pharmacies and they say that taking a small dose of valium and methadone will NOT harm you. Please let me know if you think that help is available for me and how to get started. I WANT TO QUIT! Thank you friend and God bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John barger Busted and in Jail 3 min Funny 28
Barbourville homewreckers. 10 min Yeller 6
Can AD Canady actually walk? 12 min Voters 37
Bob Frederick for Judge Ex. Has To Be A Joke LO... 36 min voter 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min Paul 172,981
they need to put a lot more in jail 2 hr arrest bunch 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,736
who's everyone voting for judge exe ? 12 hr Jesus Just Left B... 35

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages