Is our mayor a good one?
brotherinlaw

United States

#131 Sep 9, 2008
i have family working for the city and its changed for the better since david was elected he cares about things and treats the workers with respect
brilliant

London, KY

#132 Sep 9, 2008
Mr Clause wrote:
<quoted text> I see you really dont know him at all cause if you did you would know how he is and as for his kids he doesnt have any of his kids living with him. He dont even live with his wife--his wife keep the kids.
She loves the children and they love her.
wife

United States

#133 Sep 9, 2008
a wife who has a husband that loves his job for the city since the new mayor
wildcat

London, KY

#134 Sep 9, 2008
got moneey wrote:
Just so the mayor does a good job for Barbourville. THis means he is above the law. people should petitioner for a strip club. An open bar stay open 24hours. Hell if the mayor can break the Law and get away why Can't the people of Knox County get away with it I tell you Why TWO SETS OF LAWS ONE FOR THE RICH AND ONE FOR THE POOR. and remember Mayor keep the poker machines rolling and BreaK THE LAW. Promoting Gambling is a FELONY Charge.
hell yes lets get a 24 hr bar\night club then maybe we will have more to talk about does anyone have the Mayor number so we can call him and ask about one or even what about going to one of his town meeting and asking for a club!
attention

London, KY

#135 Sep 9, 2008
Topix. Yolu really need to keep children and dead people out of your conversations. The dead cannot defend themselves you pieces of trash and children for the most part read the bull shit you go on and on about. Take a hint, turn around and look in the mirror. You have such miserable lives and are so unhappy that you have to attempt to make someone else miserable. I have seen several comments in these postings insinuating someones mother father, sister brother son or mother. who gives you the right to judge or lay blame talk about the dead or the living or even reach out to give your opinion about another human being? Mind your own business and tend to your own life. after all YOU will be the only one you answer for while you are burning in HELL. My dear friend this is not opinion this is FACT.
true

United States

#136 Sep 9, 2008
its very easy to see the true things hes done than read all of this crap and laugh
worker

United States

#137 Sep 9, 2008
i am sure everybody forgets hes over the barbourville internet run by the city and could find out where things come from but this morning he said he could care less what anybody types its there right to put what they want to
Jet

London, KY

#138 Sep 9, 2008
Who is this David Thompson??
Gina

London, KY

#139 Sep 9, 2008
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
hell yes lets get a 24 hr bar\night club then maybe we will have more to talk about does anyone have the Mayor number so we can call him and ask about one or even what about going to one of his town meeting and asking for a club!

What a night club? wouldn't that be neat. I wouldn't have to go all the way to Richmond to ride the pole. Would you great people help me out and get me a job closer to home
Sexy Sue

London, KY

#140 Sep 9, 2008
Gina wrote:
<quoted text>
What a night club? wouldn't that be neat. I wouldn't have to go all the way to Richmond to ride the pole. Would you great people help me out and get me a job closer to home
Yes it would be neat. I'm also interested in pole dancing. Maybe the mayor and his wife could bar tend for us. The over paided city workers could be the bouncers........
Gina

London, KY

#141 Sep 9, 2008
Now dont you think that would be a bit much. Too much publicity for a public official, great leaders of our town. Who do you think would be gettin the lap dances?
Agree

London, KY

#142 Sep 9, 2008
attention wrote:
Topix. Yolu really need to keep children and dead people out of your conversations. The dead cannot defend themselves you pieces of trash and children for the most part read the bull shit you go on and on about. Take a hint, turn around and look in the mirror. You have such miserable lives and are so unhappy that you have to attempt to make someone else miserable. I have seen several comments in these postings insinuating someones mother father, sister brother son or mother. who gives you the right to judge or lay blame talk about the dead or the living or even reach out to give your opinion about another human being? Mind your own business and tend to your own life. after all YOU will be the only one you answer for while you are burning in HELL. My dear friend this is not opinion this is FACT.
It is FACT. People need to read the Bible not Topix.
Agree

London, KY

#143 Sep 9, 2008
Just think about this for a minute, no really, dont just stop reading this because its not nasty. What if someone got on here tonight and read some of your posts and he caused a killing, or maybe caused someone to take their lives, what would you do, or what if it caused someone you loved to do one of these things, could you live with yourself , really think long and hard about it, what if it was your mother ,father , husband, child, brother or sister or even a close friend, could you wake up every morning knowing that you had caused such a thing, because it does happen and it happens more than you know. Do you all not remember the young girl who took her life because of things said on My Space. Sit back and judge your self. Im sure you will give yourself a break , because the things you do in your life are not near as bad as your neighbor, friend, or the random stranger. WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE...
small town

London, KY

#144 Sep 9, 2008
hell. all this stuff on here everybody knows anyways..it's a small town. what people need to do is??? do something about the dirt that is done here by the people? " who has money". cause nobody cares about what my broke ass does..... and if i did do something ya'll wont be on here talking bout it i'll just be in jail..

dave is alright with me...... dirty r not...
truth

United States

#146 Sep 10, 2008
the mayor does a great job hes working today look where your at
who cares

United States

#147 Sep 10, 2008
david does an excellent job he just forgot who his friends were when he took it
pissed

Aurora, OH

#148 Sep 10, 2008
people get a life u all no that he is a crooked preak he thinks he is all that, he has forgot where he has came from, but a lot of people does when they think there big shots we got to do something knox county and make a change, i am sick of the kids doing with out because of a gambling machine it is not right and it is not fair, kids should not have to suffer because of the machines.
opinion

Madisonville, KY

#149 Sep 10, 2008
concern of the Mayor wrote:
Is it alright for the children of knox county to go hungry for david's illegal gambling machines that take away from the children, he has robbed the children of their food and all the things that they need because of their parents gambling problem and david's illegal machines that pays for everything that he needs etc hummer,house election money, but that alright as long as he is not taking from his family, do you people think that it is right? no its not. do you think that the money that he is spending on the parks and all things that knox county has got is coming out of his pocket? no the tax payers is paying for it all while all the profit is going into his pocket.
now what is your comment on our
Mayor david thompson? do you think that what he is doing is right or do you think that he should be treated like any other citizen in knox county that is going to jail for the same things he is doing.everyone should be treated equal including officals.
I do agree that he should not do illegal things (if he does have machines, I dont know that for sure)but, it is NOT his fault if people are so ignorant that they take away from their children to put in a machine. That is the PARENTS fault, not his! Anyone who takes their grocery money and gambles it away cannot blame it on someone else.
fun

London, KY

#150 Sep 10, 2008
Glad to see you all have had tons of fun with all this and hope tons of laughs, because it about to end..........so lets enjoy while we can.......
and one more thing I hope that your family never has to experience, the lies, and heartache that topix has cause my family.
AMM

Mount Vernon, KY

#151 Sep 11, 2008
Not only is David Thompson a wonderful mayor...this guy goes out of his way to help anybody that he can.He is a sincere individual, whom does everything he can to better this town. I personally know this man, he is a friend of the family and I respect him so very much.His wife is a wonderful lady, I totally love her as well. His children are also great.Candace is a beautiful girl and Brittany Trent(her sister) as well. Wendy is a great mother and wife.These are people who would take the shirt off their back and give it to you... I know many times that he has helped us out. I think people need to not talk about things they have no idea about. Rumors,Rumors,Rumors.... Can't you all just concentrate on the good that Mayor Thompson has done for this town. I've known Mayor Thompson and his family for over 10 years and have nothing...not a negative word..that I can say about any of them. So please stop this immature gossip and appreciate what our Mayor has done for the town of bville!... Mayor Thompson-keep up the good work..and to the family.. Each of you are caring, special, good people..I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! You all have a wonderful family and I love you guys!...I totally hate this website..I'm a first time user but I got disgusted when I saw comments about Mayor Thompson and his family. There is no way that I couldn't tell the FACTS. Please don't talk about good people who don't deserve it...For all of you all posting negative things about these wonderful people- get a life, get your facts straight, and stop the gossip. Everyone needs to gain an ounce of maturity!.. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!..MAYOR THOMPSON=KEEP ON IMPROVING THIS TOWN..I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police make arrest in Bingham Tire investigation (Aug '13) 1 hr Right 7
Warren to receive Knox schools JOB ! ! ! 6 hr just wondering 24
Judge Exec 6 hr good luck jm 4
Warren drop out for school board job ? 6 hr Panty sniffer 2
Amanda Couch VS Christy Barns and Amanda Couch ... 6 hr Creamin 21
My Cat is on Fire !!!!! 6 hr Just saying 8
Let's start a House of Worship for Athiest 6 hr tom dee 5

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance