First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Justified

Barbourville, KY

#62 Apr 8, 2013
Coal mines good pay. But unfortunately people voted Obama in and so no more coal jobs. Coal business does good and so do Knox citizens.
Casey Kane

Gillespie, IL

#63 Apr 20, 2013
Mach mine makes 28 an hour for miner operator 26 for bolter plus monthly safety bonus attendance bonus and 100 day safety bonus
I work at the sister mine and we are 25 and 23 and we get no attendance bonus
Casey Kane

Gillespie, IL

#64 Apr 20, 2013
just wondering wrote:
do coal mines hire women , is it hard for a woman to get a job in a coal mines?
Yes it is but my grandma was a coal miner for 20 years
sleeptec67

Warrior, AL

#65 Jul 29, 2013
Most of the info is very helpful but I don't see the negative remarks being helpful. If someone is willing to be trained and well informed they should be encouraged to work. As far as I'm concerned I'm tired working like a dog not getting paid enough to make ends meet. As far as the hazards and short life expectancy...who here has control over when or when they will die? Much better to have a decent life then live a life worse than a dog.

“Tend to Offend”

Since: Jul 13

SHADY ACRES

#66 Jul 29, 2013
I done surface mining for awhile... it was hard work, but paid well.
coal kills

Barbourville, KY

#67 Jul 29, 2013
sleeptec67 wrote:
Most of the info is very helpful but I don't see the negative remarks being helpful. If someone is willing to be trained and well informed they should be encouraged to work. As far as I'm concerned I'm tired working like a dog not getting paid enough to make ends meet. As far as the hazards and short life expectancy...who here has control over when or when they will die? Much better to have a decent life then live a life worse than a dog.
Aparently you have never seen an x-coal miner with a lung full of dust gasping for his last breath unable to hold his own glass of water, and my dog has a pretty easy life. Dont you treat your dog well?
Meade Arble

Chapel Hill, NC

#68 Aug 14, 2013
The Long Tunnel; A Coal Miner's Journal has just been published in paperback with an introduction by UMWA President Cecil Roberts. You won't find a better account about life underground.
Jace mehoff

Henderson, KY

#69 Apr 24, 2014
I make $26 at 60+ hours get saterday of I wish and Sunday and 4 weeks off a year I made 960000 last year
nipple milk

Bristol, TN

#70 May 16, 2014
pie in a cake
Adam Messer

Williamsburg, KY

#71 May 18, 2014
Not enough
american coal

Benton, IL

#72 Nov 23, 2014
I work in southern Illinois for American coal . The temperature changes from intake to return . It was like 6 degrees in the intake and 75 degrees where I was cribing.
miner80

Bowling Green, KY

#73 Nov 23, 2014
I worked in a coal mine for 5 years and enjoyed it. In the mine I worked in, it was warm in the summer and cold in the winter especially by the air shafts. Great money and benefits. I was making 28.00 an hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jayla phipps 12 min friend 3
School System 15 min Summer 2
Looking for a good, friendly, small Baptist chu... 1 hr You are welcome here 7
xerox 1 hr Go go 2
nice apartments in the barbourville area. 1 hr Citizen 3
Matt woolum (Oct '12) 1 hr Matt 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr HistoricallySpeaking 133,283
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 9 hr Just a suggestion 7
dinky phipps Mon literally 27
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM