Do ya feel lucky punk?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

River man wrote:
Workin on the river pays just as much and is safer or mentally safer at least u can see the sky and breathe cleaner air
What kind of work on the river?
Well

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

It feeds my family and has for many yrs.. To add to that , it fed me as a child, and now n my married life as well.. Not all pple r cut out to b "miner" .. It takes hard work, dedication, and perseverance., we've seen them get scared n run like a scalded dog!! Some would rather draw a unemployment chk than work!! What a joke, and a disgrace to their families!!! Pathetic!!!!! My man has worked n the industry since high school n not bragging but if we want it we get it!! The bible says, if u don't work u don't eat.. Seems as though the area rly needs to get that!!! Pple say I can't get a job n the mines... Bull crap!!!!!! Keep looking lazy!!!!! Don't start at the office, start with the man over the job!!! That's what my mans always has done!! Never had a hard time getting a J.O.B!!! Feed ur families n assist with keeping ALL of our homes warm n the electric flowing!!!!!
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

My husband just got his surface mining licenses and is looking for a job for that does any one know if there is one hiring for that please let me know
zach

North Vernon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

I aint coal miner yet, im geting ready to start my certification. I come from a coal mine family here in hazard. Its hard work i know cause i seen my dad done it all his life. my grandpa, and great granpa before him when they would pull them back on the shetlen ponies till he broke his back down there. But as far as women being in the mine my grandma did it for years, but that was back in the 70's. I dont know how it is today but im sure women can work the mine. And its not enough money in my opinion what they pay the miners for what they do in the deep mines, but what else can you do. And from what i been told, if its hot outside its a litte coolerin the mine but not much, if its cold its cold in the mine. There aint no air conditioner down there man lol.But i want to ask ya all question did they quit given black lung caus thats what i was told, and if so that bull shit man, a miner works all his life and gets sick from itand he dont get shitout of it. Thank the lord my father aint go it,but if they quit doin that it ain right.
derek Eubanks

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

who cares

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

derek Eubanks wrote:
That is some funny Sh88. Remind not to visit.
knox native

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

i work for a coal mine in hazard and make 21.85 an hour, 5 miles underground and when your that far underground it does stay the same temp around 68 degrees. Until you get close to the drift mouth going back out then it gets cooler or hotter. It stays wet underground on the section because when you put the water lines together you have to flush it out first and all the water pours onto the ground and mixes w the dirt and coal and causes muddy wt conditions. but one things for sure if Obama gets elected again , the coal buisness is gonna have more hard times
Becka

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

do they have evening or night mining classes in harlen or hazard?
fof

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

here are some things that The Hills has give to this nation and the world, Lots of Trees Lots of coal and lots of soldiers the people and the land in south east Kentucky is called dumb lazy and burdons , but how many young men have went to fight in wars some may not have come home again and how many trees was cut down and how many mountains of coal has left , the people of the Hills has give a lot to the rest of this nation and the world to be looked down on and any of us have to want and live in poverty.

Since: Mar 12

Lexington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Coal miners are going to have a hard time no matter who is elected, this year the U.S. will use the least amount of coal since the end of WWII, natural gas is going to become the go-to sourse of energy.
Jesse

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

This is the worst mining job out there. The condition and pay. I work in a salt mine and have worked in a nickel mine. The pay is 80,000-120,000. And people don't get killed. Not saying it has not happened before...but not in this day.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Jesse wrote:
This is the worst mining job out there. The condition and pay. I work in a salt mine and have worked in a nickel mine. The pay is 80,000-120,000. And people don't get killed. Not saying it has not happened before...but not in this day.
Where is the salt mine? Do you have the same certs as coal?
30 yr surface miner

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

I have over 30 yrs. strip mining, am a certified forman,E.M.T. and electrican and can't buy a job right now. I strongly advise people to chose another career, strip mining is all but over.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

30 yr surface miner wrote:
I have over 30 yrs. strip mining, am a certified forman,E.M.T. and electrican and can't buy a job right now. I strongly advise people to chose another career, strip mining is all but over.
I Agree! My Husband has all those certifications and can't get a job in coal now either.

“Delicate Sound of Thunder”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Yes, strip-mining is struggling right now. More so than ever before. Road-work is extremely thin also.
raymond

Weirton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

im in high school git out in a couple of months im looking to run the machines in the mines how much would i make.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

raymond wrote:
im in high school git out in a couple of months im looking to run the machines in the mines how much would i make.
You better go on to college and get a degree in something that you can get a Job with because coal is NOT a way of living anymore.

“Delicate Sound of Thunder”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

raymond wrote:
16 TO 20 $ PER HOUR, ON THE AVERAGE.
30 yr surface miner

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

you better go on to college, about 4 yrs ago my son graduated from high school and borrowed about 800 dollars to start a mining career. well he got a job in bell co. in a big mine,underground. and worked around 3 weeks and the co. shut down as the mine was too gasey, it was closed down by msha. He said if thats how is is than I better get into something else. He got a decent job after that at blue beacon truck wash and goes to college too. He pays his own tution out of his pocket and is in his 2nd yr. He is majoring in criminal justice. I'v been a surface miner for over 30 yrs and am looking every where I know to and can't find a job. He sure made a smart move.
nubber

Lovely, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Woman Miner wrote:
You are full of it, It's pretty obvious your not a Miner, first of all, "50 degree's dark wet hole" well underground it's going to be one temp, all year around so that 50 degree's is the same in winter as well as summer as for being "Wet" well that different from mines to mines like them blue gem mines in and around B'ville are "low-top"{Dog-holes} and so if you are in any kind of water like a puddle it will be a miserable experience now up in Harlan and Hazard and around there the mines are high-top around 5 to 8 feet so you walk around instead of crawl-around like you would have to in a Blue-gem Mine, so a little water isn't to bad, now as for being Dark well it's a mine so ya" it's dark but you wear a light so there you go and it's pays good money as for close quarters some mines go for mines under ground it's like another world under there so thats about it ,"Oh ya" Yes they hire Women,If you make you card, I guess you have to have "Coal Dust in your vines" to be a miner so if you think you have what it takes go for it and "Good Luck"
What if you're working out by on the intake? Get's pretty damn cold to me..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of70
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 min BIG_STEVIE 26,162
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Mike Duquette 127,803
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min GOTP 144,617
3 family yard sale 50 min yard sale 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr gogetter 81,541
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr gogetter 16,111
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr hmmm 48
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 1 hr what 363
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search