wanting to know

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

In case of a divorce if a husband and wife have seperate bank accounts does each one get to keep whatevers in their account?
really

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

wanting to know wrote:
In case of a divorce if a husband and wife have seperate bank accounts does each one get to keep whatevers in their account?
If you all agree you can if you fight and go to court I'm not sure. Go ahead and get it out what they don't have on paperwork they can't prove you have it
Sad Ending

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

wanting to know wrote:
in Kentucky; after you get married everything is 50/50, their is no such thing as separate. People often make the mistake of thinking by "not putting their spouses name on something" it makes it separate. I have been a paralegal in family law for 15 years. What I tell you, I know. However' all joint assets can be used in the divorce as trade offs so to speak. You keep yours he keeps his etc.. one gets the house the other pays one half to the other. etc. The settlement agreement is where you divide assets and the most important part of your divorce. I do not know if minor children are involved. But I do know in KY the laws for custody are totally in the Mothers corner. One of the few states like that. Good luck.
halfers

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

If this was the case from the beginning, it never was a marriage,it was an arrangement to become roommates.
Where was the commitment?
You dont start a marriage with what is mine is mine and yours is yours, you become one, his and hers becomes ours.

Anyone who suggests you keep yours , i'll keep mine is a selfish individual.
Jeepers

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Sad Ending wrote:
<quoted text>in Kentucky; after you get married everything is 50/50, their is no such thing as separate. People often make the mistake of thinking by "not putting their spouses name on something" it makes it separate. I have been a paralegal in family law for 15 years. What I tell you, I know. However' all joint assets can be used in the divorce as trade offs so to speak. You keep yours he keeps his etc.. one gets the house the other pays one half to the
other. etc. The settlement agreement is where you divide assets and the most important part of your divorce. I do not know if minor children are involved. But I do know in KY the laws for custody are totally in the Mothers corner. One of the few states like that. Good luck.
what about if you have small children? Can the father force a mother to switch out weeks so no child support has to be given?

Since: Jun 12

Deadwood, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Jeepers wrote:
<quoted text>what about if you have small children? Can the father force a mother to switch out weeks so no child support has to be given?
I know that if both of you agree to joint custody, that you can both agree to no support from either of you be paid to the other.

Child support is only ordered when one, or both refuse, to an agreement that satisfies both of you. Then it is left up to DCS and the judge to order who get custody, and who pays support and they base it on your, or her earning per calender month, which is four and a half weeks.
u bipolar

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

every1 knows now.you should have acted like an adult instead of a baby.if you had not wanted every1 to know you should have told your daughter to kept it zipped when it came to her big bff's.no one really cares since you have no friends so settle it in court dear.
well

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

It sure is'nt fun, more people doing th

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

136 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min do whut 123,195
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min wtf 139,065
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 17 min Anne52 81,258
Jeff's Creek Baptist Church 32 min sad 3
looking for free dog 36 min sad 6
somepplarebitchs 49 min gator 17
Mayor Thompson baby 1 hr facts 37
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 3 hr really 43
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••