Dinky Phips

Jim Belcher

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UofLFan

London, KY

#21 Feb 15, 2009
Joey Taylor is defiently among the best players in knox co, he scored over 1500 points in just 2 seasons at Barbourville High School. dinky was good too along with Patterson,Elam,Mills,and a few others, Jim Belcher was a average player not among the greats though he had a 38 point game against pineville once.
Bville alum

United States

#22 Feb 17, 2009
One word ..... MOOSE!!!!!!!!
ukfan1

Monticello, KY

#23 May 16, 2009
Ten wrote:
1) Terry Mills Played for UK under Adolph Rupp if I'm not mistaken.
2) Brandon Elam played at Charleston Southern that is Division 1. He also played in the NCAA tournament while he was there.
3) Tony Patterson played at ETSU or Tennesse Tech (I can't recall but both are Division 1 schools in Tennessee.
But, I would leave all 3 out of this poll; I mean Dinky Phipps is Barbourville High School's all-time leading scorer what could be better than that? lol. This is ridiculous.
joey was the best

“Counter Intelligence”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#24 May 16, 2009
UofLFan wrote:
Joey Taylor is defiently among the best players in knox co, he scored over 1500 points in just 2 seasons at Barbourville High School. dinky was good too along with Patterson,Elam,Mills,and a few others, Jim Belcher was a average player not among the greats though he had a 38 point game against pineville once.
Didn't Cody Messer drop 40 on Lynn Camp 2 years ago? I'm not saying he is anywhere in this discussion, but scoring a lot in one game shouldn't dictate anything.
witness

Williamsburg, KY

#25 Dec 4, 2012
Joe Napier would be the best player to ever comeout of the county if ever given the chance! Maybehes a late bloomer idk but you should really see him play!if you think you can beat him one on one ill personally set it up!
truthful

Somerset, KY

#26 Dec 4, 2012
Chuck Crawford was the best
Ur crazy

Somerset, KY

#27 Dec 4, 2012
Ten wrote:
1) Terry Mills Played for UK under Adolph Rupp if I'm not mistaken.
2) Brandon Elam played at Charleston Southern that is Division 1. He also played in the NCAA tournament while he was there.
3) Tony Patterson played at ETSU or Tennesse Tech (I can't recall but both are Division 1 schools in Tennessee.
But, I would leave all 3 out of this poll; I mean Dinky Phipps is Barbourville High School's all-time leading scorer what could be better than that? lol. This is ridiculous.
Terry mills was very good

Tony Patterson was also one of the best

Joey could not guard a rose bush and Dinky had a vertical jump of a turtle, could not even get the rim

Best player ever ex coach Bill Swafford, could do it all.
hall of fame taylor

Richmond, KY

#28 Dec 4, 2012
i heard joeys gonna be inducted into the khsaa hall of fame soon.
11B40Sgt

East Bernstadt, KY

#29 Dec 6, 2012
John Knox Mills is and was the best to ever play the game in Knox County. He is the only one I know that played Pro Basketball. If a person didn't play college ball they were not very good. The only player from BHS that played NCAA basketball was Bobby MCWilliams, there has been many play NCAA that played at KCHS. Tony Patterson, was the most recent to play NCAA basketball. Terry Mills played for UK....the list goes on and on. My point, If one did not play college basketball, they were not good enough.........How can the names in this survey even remotely be mentioned as the best. Would it be self promoting.
Curious

Somerset, KY

#30 Dec 6, 2012
Where is Joey Taylor now?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#31 Dec 6, 2012
tnt wrote:
scotty powell scored 58 at walker park
if I remember right, didn't his team only score 59?
correction

London, KY

#32 Dec 6, 2012
Answering Machine wrote:
<quoted text>if I remember right, didn't his team only score 59?
His team scored 57. Scotty scored a couple for the opponents as well.
just sayig

London, KY

#33 Dec 8, 2012
denver mills and randell schott is the best iv ever seen
Honest

Williamsburg, KY

#34 Dec 9, 2012
Where did Camron Mills start playing he played for Ky
yea

Richmond, KY

#36 Feb 7, 2013
11B40Sgt wrote:
John Knox Mills is and was the best to ever play the game in Knox County. He is the only one I know that played Pro Basketball. If a person didn't play college ball they were not very good. The only player from BHS that played NCAA basketball was Bobby MCWilliams, there has been many play NCAA that played at KCHS. Tony Patterson, was the most recent to play NCAA basketball. Terry Mills played for UK....the list goes on and on. My point, If one did not play college basketball, they were not good enough.........How can the names in this survey even remotely be mentioned as the best. Would it be self promoting.
John Knox mills never played pro basketball he went to law school and became a judge.
truth hurts

Pikeville, KY

#37 Feb 8, 2013
noble potter
bill swafford
rodney merida
todd marlow pridemore
mike baker
jerry blanton
gerald stacy
oliver white
leroy smallwood
stan the man gregory
mark west
coach

Barbourville, KY

#38 Feb 8, 2013
IMO Noble Potter was the best basketball player Knox County ever produced.
truth hurts

Pikeville, KY

#39 Feb 8, 2013
noble was a pute athelet.
Knox Central do much better if they go down the lane and recruit more.
Mike Patterson was lot tougher then tony his son.\
Noble dunk up at rosenwald at the goal was 10 foot and 6 inches.
Opinion

Barbourville, KY

#40 Feb 11, 2013
I think Jeff Banfield. I think he works for knox co school system watched a lit of guys play, having sons of my own over the years... I think w right training .. He could have went some where.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Demonicrats 153,528
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min heffer 4,925
Tax tax and more tax 12 min big bucks 8
Sara Stewart I Am Sucking Your Mans Big Uncut C*ck 13 min M Hubbard 1
knox board of ed raising taxes 25 min john 86
Heather Cole 32 min Heather 10
whos the best looking at jack wws 59 min bmxhater 5
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 5 hr Praying for everyone 20
A Rat In Knox County 7 hr Genius 8
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••