Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

What would you do as a father? My daughter ask me to walk her down the aisle to marry a black man I said I would but really don't want to I do not approve. I love her and the grand baby's and try to help but why can't she and he just elope. And live their life?
Miner

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Tell her how you really feel about it. That's just being honest and up front so there will be no room for misunderstandings down the road.
Father confused

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

I know she gets on her and reads stuf so I hope she sees this and wont plan on me being part of a wedding I don't approve of. Why can't kids just go on and live the way they want to and don't put parents on the spot please don't ask me again and go get married and be happy I don't want to be there even if I said I did.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Father confused wrote:
What would you do as a father? My daughter ask me to walk her down the aisle to marry a black man I said I would but really don't want to I do not approve. I love her and the grand baby's and try to help but why can't she and he just elope. And live their life?
You're missing the opportunity of being included in your daughter and your grandchildrens lives. A persons color does not define their character.
Miner

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Father confused wrote:
I know she gets on her and reads stuf so I hope she sees this and wont plan on me being part of a wedding I don't approve of. Why can't kids just go on and live the way they want to and don't put parents on the spot please don't ask me again and go get married and be happy I don't want to be there even if I said I did.
This is not the being honest that I meant. You need to tell her yourself. If you want her to respect your feelings, then don't disrespect her by putting her business on this worthless site. I'm surprised that you haven't had the usual nutcases on here spewing forth their nonsense already. Be a responsible Dad tell her either on the phone or in person. You're taking the cowards way out doing it on here.
humm

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

As a daughter that has been let down by her dad all her life, it would break her heart if you weren't there. This day is about HER not you so set your feelings aside for her and go. You may just lose her and those grand babies if you don't.
Get a Brain

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Anyone who would refuse to walk their daughter down the aisle to marry the man she loves, is a coward. Because you are only worried about the color of his skin and not your daughter's happiness. I guess you think God feels Blacks are inferior to Whites. OH and what would your friends think!! Bet you go to Church to. Man UP and support your daughter.
co woker

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Father confused wrote:
First off let me say i know who this man is and he is a very good hard working man i know i work with him everyday. he has talked to me about this matter several times and i feel the same as he does, if my daughter was marrying a black man not once but 2 times i would disown her grandkids or no grand kids. he has decided he will not be there, why should he give his daughter away to someone he does not like nor approve of?
He said she only comes around once a year at christmas for money and thats going to stop to not even a call on fathers day. So all you high and mighty people have no idea about the situation. He said he told her why spend thousands on a wedding so why should he go and stand up for her pretending to be happy about it when he feels it's a lie for him to do this?
For real

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Father confused wrote:
not all kids follow the path their parents want. Not all parents have the right path for their kids. Now, it is her day, BUT you are the one witnessing day to day the events going on surrounding this relationship as well. If you are not comfortable in going then don't. But be honest. If racism is the factor here, then everybody is entitled to their own opinion. It doesn't make you wrong or ignorant. It is just who you are. You can dislike all you want but never hate another human being. Hate is what makes it wrong. Good luck to you!!!!

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

co woker wrote:
<quoted text>First off let me say i know who this man is and he is a very good hard working man i know i work with him everyday. he has talked to me about this matter several times and i feel the same as he does, if my daughter was marrying a black man not once but 2 times i would disown her grandkids or no grand kids. he has decided he will not be there, why should he give his daughter away to someone he does not like nor approve of?
He said she only comes around once a year at christmas for money and thats going to stop to not even a call on fathers day. So all you high and mighty people have no idea about the situation. He said he told her why spend thousands on a wedding so why should he go and stand up for her pretending to be happy about it when he feels it's a lie for him to do this?
First off you dont have the right to be pissed at us and call us high and mighty people. We would not have even known about this if the father had not posted it. He asked our opinion and I'm sorry if he didnt get the answer he wanted. Did he not want us to be honest? Well I was being Honest in my reply and whats more I think he probably knows in his heart the right thing to do. Goodbye..........
Merlin the Wizard

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Father confused wrote:
You must first ask yourself, why you disapprove of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lay K Teachers 4 min Joke 7
Mayor files lawsuit against six council members 10 min Funny 151
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Yes and Amen 122,523
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 35 min wondering 19
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 1 hr supper time 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Commietator 138,306
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 1 hr gator 5
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 3:24AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search