Who would make a great mayor?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wonder

Somerset, KY

#61 Mar 14, 2014
I live in white burg hollow and pay big taxes to the city and get nothing out of it.I called the mayor and asked him one time about what I got for my tax money and he said they pick up your garbage that the garbage truck can"t pick up. Like Refrigators, stoves etc. That"s a joke for all the money we pay out and that"all we get out of of it.
just curious

Keavy, KY

#62 Mar 14, 2014
There are council members that have been on council several terms. My question is, why are they not as quilts as mayor for what has been going on? They approved this stuff he is quilty of. I think they got scared and jumped in sack with new members to save their butts! They should have been removed also, they were part of the mayors club. What do you think?????
just curious

Keavy, KY

#63 Mar 14, 2014
Guilty not quilts
WTF

London, KY

#64 Mar 15, 2014
Mike Litoris wrote:
<quoted text>what looks the best? the empty buildings or or the full welfare office?
I don't think David Thompson does remodeling work. But he has done more than any other mayor to make Barbourville a better looking place, and is the best mayor we've ever had.
WTF

London, KY

#65 Mar 15, 2014
just curious wrote:
There are council members that have been on council several terms. My question is, why are they not as quilts as mayor for what has been going on? They approved this stuff he is quilty of. I think they got scared and jumped in sack with new members to save their butts! They should have been removed also, they were part of the mayors club. What do you think?????
Yeah they knew what was going on for years, and was probably in on a lot of it too, and then got scared and acted like they knew nothing.
Bville citizen

Keavy, KY

#66 Mar 15, 2014
citizen wrote:
Lord help us Jon wouldn't do nothing for Barbourville
Suggesting names and making rude remarks about Jon, Jason, Sherman , Darren and Tamera is not going to help Barbourville. A lot of people on topix use this as a forum to dig at people they dislike and make fun of others because they can hide behind the screen and not be held accountable or so they think. Whether or not the people realize it or not our city and county has massive problems and it is not a time to be funny. Because people show up and try to make things right or do the right thing makes them a target for others who want to sit and complain and make them a punch line. I have attended city and county meetings Some and if most of the people in Barbourville and Knox County would do so they would not be making punch lines out of people on topix . They would be really trying to do something to make our town and county better,
john

London, KY

#67 Mar 15, 2014
Barbourville tourism are the people who have worked hard to make the city look nice with the street team
john

London, KY

#68 Mar 15, 2014
bville citizen I agree everyone should be more positive about our town it has problems a lot of other towns have problems too. a lot of people have bashed our town our people for years one thing about west is he is willing talk to the people and get ideals he also said he would work to get jobs here people please stop the bashing lets see how things go! give them a chance!
Remington Winchester

New Tazewell, TN

#70 Mar 15, 2014
I think Tom Bucktoo would make a pretty good. He tells it as it is! No BS.
Funny

Keavy, KY

#71 Mar 16, 2014
Very Interested wrote:
I've never seen Barbourville look as good as it does I see nothing wrong with the one we have David does a good job..
And we wonder what is the problem.
Funny

Keavy, KY

#72 Mar 16, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah they knew what was going on for years, and was probably in on a lot of it too, and then got scared and acted like they knew nothing.
That is what should have happened, it's a shame they get a pass when they are part of problem.
Not Funny

Keavy, KY

#73 Mar 16, 2014
Didnt the paper say the results of the audit were turned over to the attorney general and the IRS? The AG may not give it much thought but the IRS has a thing about geting their money. When they start to squeeze more of the old names will end up in the soup
mee

London, KY

#74 Mar 16, 2014
I vote for Q!!
WTF

London, KY

#75 Apr 16, 2014
Bville citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggesting names and making rude remarks about Jon, Jason, Sherman , Darren and Tamera is not going to help Barbourville. A lot of people on topix use this as a forum to dig at people they dislike and make fun of others because they can hide behind the screen and not be held accountable or so they think. Whether or not the people realize it or not our city and county has massive problems and it is not a time to be funny. Because people show up and try to make things right or do the right thing makes them a target for others who want to sit and complain and make them a punch line. I have attended city and county meetings Some and if most of the people in Barbourville and Knox County would do so they would not be making punch lines out of people on topix . They would be really trying to do something to make our town and county better,
How could they when all that are in the positions to make it a better place are crooks, just like it has always been in my lifetime of 49 years. And if they voted everyone out of office and replaced them all with new people they would eventually become just as crooked. Greed is the reason, and the courthouse is the greediest place in Knox County but for some strange reason the county is always broke. I wonder why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's happening in girdler? 16 min sadsicksociety 16
Zachary street 18 min Wondering 345 1
Do u know 22 min Haha 123 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min Forumwatcher 174,784
Bad girls 1 hr Why 2
report bad people 1 hr I am reporting you 2
Sprinkles Wins Judge Ex Debate ! ! ! 3 hr Wow 8
Michael Sowders Murdered 4 hr Quantummist 1
Will Bob Corey win or lose ? 6 hr Another Knox Voter 47

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages