sad

Madison, TN

#41 Mar 11, 2014
Freeze wrote:
Jon hammons THINKS he is country just because he plays country music. Always making lies about a job interview on facebook then deletes it . Just wants attention and be like everybody else. Hahaha
you my friend are a complete dumbass if you don't like Jon then why sit and ridicule him on a stupid message board and honestly you are no better than he is sitting on here talking about him and trashing him... this is Knox county for you because if somebody is different than somebody else they feel the need to make fun of others to make them feel good. You my friend are trash hiding behind a computer screen being a coward Jon is a good person and it's people like you who are worthless and pathetic if you don't like him so be it He's better off without friends like you.
me

Madison, TN

#42 Mar 12, 2014
Me
idk

Barbourville, KY

#43 Mar 12, 2014
We need a new one
BIG BUG PODGE

London, KY

#44 Mar 12, 2014
idk wrote:
We need a new one
Ricky Leggitt
Good shoes

Manchester, KY

#45 Mar 12, 2014
My husband says Jimmy dye would make the best mayor. He is delicates to doing a good job .
green space

Barbourville, KY

#46 Mar 12, 2014
whoever it is, someone needs to show them a picture of a "park" and another picture of a "parking lot" and try to explain to them the difference
Jack

London, KY

#47 Mar 12, 2014
It will be West. Judge exec. croonie who got what they wanted. Now the county and city can be run by the same bunch. Kind of funny.
majo

London, KY

#48 Mar 12, 2014
Yes Barbourville looks great, but what would have been wrong with doing things right instead of making a mess out of the spending.
Billy

London, KY

#49 Mar 12, 2014
Jack wrote:
It will be West. Judge exec. croonie who got what they wanted. Now the county and city can be run by the same bunch. Kind of funny.
I'd say this is something that the rest of the council hadn't even considered. West talked them all into doing this and they followed along with his lead. I bet if each and everyone of them will think back that it was West who initiated and made the calls to them to do something about the Mayor. Not that it wouldn't warranted but it wasn't done for the good of the city.

This was all done by Hall and West to take control of the City as well. They want 4 more years to completely take control and get everything they can out of the county and city without anyone else's hands in the pot. They already have everything in place so just sit back and watch what happens.
election time

Somerset, KY

#50 Mar 12, 2014
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say this is something that the rest of the council hadn't even considered. West talked them all into doing this and they followed along with his lead. I bet if each and everyone of them will think back that it was West who initiated and made the calls to them to do something about the Mayor. Not that it wouldn't warranted but it wasn't done for the good of the city.
This was all done by Hall and West to take control of the City as well. They want 4 more years to completely take control and get everything they can out of the county and city without anyone else's hands in the pot. They already have everything in place so just sit back and watch what happens.
The council apparently knew this was going on since 2007. If I am not mistaken they said he's the Mayor what can we do. You could have done what you did yesterday that is what you could have done. What is the difference between now and then, maybe getting caught or election time . People get a back bone and stop letting the people of this poor county down.
The Mayor did wrong, in my opinion he should have resigned. Does he think what he does is ok and that everyone should agree and get over it.
As for Hall and West who know?
It's terrible when you have so many that cannot keep their hand off the money. For God's sake can't we put anyone in office that you can trust. I am ashamed of them ALL>
vote

Somerset, KY

#51 Mar 12, 2014
I would vote council woman Barnes in a heart beat.
Mma

Clay City, KY

#52 Mar 12, 2014
I think the black cop from Artemis.
I know

Manchester, KY

#53 Mar 12, 2014
I think jimmy dye would be the best mayor that we have ever had . Good worker and a honest men. Most honest the the one they will put in for mayor.
Curt

Manchester, KY

#54 Mar 12, 2014
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like someone who has really thought about what is going on around here. I'm beginning to see what is happening now. We certainly need to vote out Hall.
The man

London, KY

#55 Mar 13, 2014
Robert Wyatt, He has been on the city council for a number of years. And he is a very truthful person.
The Truth

London, KY

#56 Mar 13, 2014
citizen wrote:
nothing has been done in the past 4 years in Barbourville
Apparently you've been living onder a rock somewhere or you're just an Idiot
The Truth

London, KY

#57 Mar 13, 2014
I know wrote:
Sherman Lawson
You've got to be a complete Idiot.
The Truth

London, KY

#58 Mar 13, 2014
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Sherman and the rest of the council had the balls to hold the mayor accountable for ripping off the city and asked for his resignation tonight at the council meeting. Sherman was the top vote getter of the six, so yes, I think he should be appointed mayor after next Tuesdays impeachment proceedings until the citizens of the city decide who their next mayor will be.
Do you have some kinda proof that he ripped the City off ? No you do not and neither does the Council or the auditor, actually neither auditor found any money missing. If you are going to accuse someone of something then produce the evidence for what you are accusing someone of . Idiot
The Truth

London, KY

#59 Mar 13, 2014
If the Council think the City needs money then why do they continue to take the money they get for what is not even a part time job. They work one hour a month and get $100 for that hour plus they get Insurance which cost the city $600.00 plus so thats $700.00 or so for one hour a month. One Council member was quoted saying that they have been there 14 years....do the math, if this council has got insur for the past 14 years thats $700 times 6, times 12 , times 14 equals $705,600.00 . 3/4 of a Million dollars, I'm pretty sure if the city had this back they prob wouldnt be in financial trouble. Plus two diff audits one being a forensic audit couldnt find any money missing. Also its the Councils Job to know everything thats going on in the City, and to bring most of these things / projects to a vote...where were the Council this whole time ? Go think about it .
John

London, KY

#60 Mar 13, 2014
West it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr dollarsbill 131,857
Where is Nick Mandel? 1 hr Momof4 1
missing pit bull 3 hr Worried 6
Knox Central 3 hr guess 2
truck payments 4 hr gator 10
Need food badly 4 hr Need food badly 25
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 5 hr TOASTup 404
city of barbourville 7 hr Three losers 15
Porsche mills 14 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick