Need to know

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2013
Why is considered the best?
aware

Orlando, KY

#2 Sep 18, 2013
Who considers it the best? Not me. The middle school is by far the best ran school. I have subbed in most of the schools in the county. All except Lynn Camp, for obvious reasons.(i don't want to die) Knox middle is well organized and has top notch teachers. Only problem there is the screwed up reading program that someone decided would dictate most of what they do. If a student can't read by 7th grade, a program where they force the whole school and every teacher to participate in, even the gym and math teachers, isn't going to do the trick. GR Hampton also is an excellent school, that i would rank above Lay.
Listen up

Richmond, KY

#3 Sep 19, 2013
aware wrote:
Who considers it the best? Not me. The middle school is by far the best ran school. I have subbed in most of the schools in the county. All except Lynn Camp, for obvious reasons.(i don't want to die) Knox middle is well organized and has top notch teachers. Only problem there is the screwed up reading program that someone decided would dictate most of what they do. If a student can't read by 7th grade, a program where they force the whole school and every teacher to participate in, even the gym and math teachers, isn't going to do the trick. GR Hampton also is an excellent school, that i would rank above Lay.
I also have worked in most schools in Knox county and the reason Lay is better (and it is) is they have the largest group of tenured teachers. Most have worked there for years and they work well with one another. I do find your statement about Lynn Camp not only untrue but narrow minded and offensive. You do know Lynn Camp scores in middle and High beats both Knox Middle & Knox Central. How long has Central been a persistent low achieving school? Knox middle is a focus school. Look on KDE website and compare violence incident reports on Knox Central and Lynn Camp, Lynn Camp is much better. I really wish "teachers" like you would keep your negative opinions to yourself and let this district finally become one we can ALL be proud of.
Parent

Bloomington, IN

#4 Sep 19, 2013
I have kids go to Lynn camp what do you mean don't want to die ? It seems like a decent school .
well

Keavy, KY

#5 Sep 19, 2013
aware wrote:
So you think LC students are out to get you? Explain that one pls. Lay is crazy! The principal is as transparent as glass! FAKE! Some of the teachers are ok but it's not the best by far! You've been mislead!
Ummmm

United States

#6 Sep 20, 2013
Listen up wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know Lynn Camp scores in middle and High beats both Knox Middle & Knox Central. How long has Central been a persistent low achieving school?
No, they didn't! Knox Central High School: 46.8, 16th percentile, Lynn Camp high School: 43.1, 8th percentile, Knox Middle: 46.7, 20th percentile, Lynn Camp middle: 37.4, 4th percentile.
Need to know

United States

#7 Sep 20, 2013
aware wrote:
Why would you rank GR above Lay? M
knows

Orlando, KY

#8 Sep 21, 2013
Because way better principal. Mr. West may not have much experience yet, but he is doing a great job so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Sceptical-Mal 163,552
Tyra smith 2 hr Law 5
knox county social services (Apr '14) 3 hr Wondering 20
tent parents 3 hr Wondering 13
Bridget Trent 6 hr huh 3
Casey Dean 7 hr Lol 1
Funny mugshots 7 hr Rofl 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages