Gray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

who you know wrote:
All those kids running all around and tugging on my sleeve and wanting me to help them is very stressful. I text to calm my nerves. Kids are aggervating. I've got better things to do than help snot nosed kid learn. I've got to make sure I keep my teaching job.
Sounds lie you need a new job.
someone who wants to know

Gray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Judged:

There are many jobs out there that the employees are not aloud to have cell phones on them. If texting is an issue in our class rooms, then that needs to be the next topic at the next pta meeting. If the older teachers are doing a better job than the younger teachers I would prefer the older teacher teaching my grandchildren. Being younger doesn't make you smarter.
who you know

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Judged:

You all just keep annoying me. You are WRONG! I am tired of old cows because they are to old to teach. They are always talking about kids needing to pick up their pencil and write and read things like books. I am young and teach the modern way. Kids in my room learn from movies I show on the big screen smartboard. The kids in my room want to learn because I am pretty and wear nice clothes and that means I am smarter than the old teacher cows.
who

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

who
parent

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

did any more pink slips go out to nignt at the meeting
Old friend

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

What was the mtg about
Yep

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

parent wrote:
did any more pink slips go out to nignt at the meeting
A pink slip for Kim Merida and one for Marion Sowders!! Along with a few others!!
Uncle Sie

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Happy Happy Happy Day for Knox Co School System
kevin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>A pink slip for Kim Merida and one for Marion Sowders!! Along with a few others!!
Did Lana get one too? Do Marion and Kim go back to classroom?
agree with cuts

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

This county cannot afford such luxury positions. Two assistant superintendents is a total waste.
abc

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Kim Merida's head got so big he could not get in the door. Do unto others and you will get it done to you lol. I heard the one he run off might be the new operation's Director now stick that in yo 2 face bud. I'am so glad he is GONE.
Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

AMEN! There is some serious karma going on at Knox County Schools. Marion Sowders and his big ego has abused ppl for years and now gets a taste of his own medicine. Same for Hulett, Brison, and some others. I would like to know what their going to do with Sowders now and which principals are getting axed (it needs to be some of the jackass principals at Lynn Camp). More details please!
Heard

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

I heard another meeting was being called Monday and more pink slips Tuesday.
yes

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Agree. The previous board crew piled up the waste. They did not care about wasteful spending at all. Glad they are gone. If we can't afford these things, decisions must be made. Glad the new board members have the backbone to make decisions. Congrats to the new board members.
yes

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Yeah, send them west, that would be best.
Proud

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

They will not be no texting when the board bans the sell phones from the class room .this will happen wait and see. Teachers and students alike
finally

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
Agree. The previous board crew piled up the waste. They did not care about wasteful spending at all. Glad they are gone. If we can't afford these things, decisions must be made. Glad the new board members have the backbone to make decisions. Congrats to the new board members.
All I can say is great job new board members you all did what you said! HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!! No more fun being made at Knox County Schools . Now only two more board members to get out ..... And UP we go! This day was long in coming but worth the wait to get insensitive people like Sowders O U T..now make fun of students, parents and teachers.
elmer fud

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

He who laughs last laughs the loudest, Merida so long you have done your damage. Sowders so long you have destoryed the teaching byby. Ok take the Monster by the hand and make it like it should be taking care of the Kids,and Teachers.Stop the waste remember this is not a small school system and it takes a lot of money to operate.If we as tax payers get together work hard we can have a School District we all can be proud of.Thanks
Observeing

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

It makes common sense if the teachers have the time in to retire they should move over and let the young teachers in, after all they did have to pay their tuition, that has to be paid back in time. If there are those who are not doing a good job teaching the children, they should get pink slips and be taught a lesson themselves.
Want your job

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Pink slip teachers who have their years to retire!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min scirocco 146,220
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min get real 128,633
Step Chid after divorce 45 min A sinner saved by grace 2
Stivers Center fixes 1 hr aaa 39
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 2 hr Just me 4
Ky Biscuit Company 2 hr GetALife 24
Any couples into SCAT??? 2 hr whats up 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••