Luling

Portland, TN

#1 Oct 12, 2013
I'm a libertarian. Yes that's right, someone far worse to you than a Republican.

Today as I watched C-span, I noticed lots of democrats calling into the show and they were saying this:(these are actual quotes)

"The government needs to do something! People are struggling to get by. My welfare check was cut I went from 119 to 109 a month! Now I have to pay for food out of my disability check each month!"

"The Republicans hate children and old people, they want to see them starve to death! Placing more regulations on Foodstamps means less kids get to eat!"

"Three years go, I was convicted for selling and smoking crack and went to prison for two years. Now I'm out and I can't get a job and they won't let me have foodstamps because I went to prison. My disability check of a 100 dollars isn't good enough, what about us that needs it?"

There were a lot more but these were the ones I remembered the most.

The government doesn't 'DO' things. It is "allowed" to do things by the people through their elected officials. The money it has doesn't belong to the government, it belongs to the tax payers.
The foodstamps, disability check, government grant or some other subsidy, isn't the government giving you 'Free food" or a "free phone" or "free housing" or best of all "Free Healthcare". It's the government cutting you a check from the revenue of TAXES that it takes in each year from people who pay taxes in this country.

Now, I'm not talking about the people who get huge tax refunds at the end of each year. Those people don't actually pay taxes since they get all that money back.

So before you start screaming "Republicans hate children! They want to see them starve"

Maybe you should first understand that in order to give someone foodstamps, hud housing, a medical card or a government phone, you must first take money away from parents who are also struggling to put gas in their car each day to go to work and feed their children. They're the ones who are not given any 'assistance' at all. There is a pair of new parents out there crying over the loss of their entire savings after having a child (with insurance)after hospital bills. They don't get to have children for 'free'.

It's a hard life, a constant grind in order to feed themselves, their children and YOU.

Government assistance is a PRIVILEGE not a right. You don't DESERVE someone else's labor. Humble yourselves and ASK the TAXPAYERS to feed you, house you and pay for your healthcare and your children. Don't demand it. It's not yours to demand.

Also, I love how Democrats are all about legislating morality when it comes to foodstamps and healthcare but demands that government keeps it's "Hands off my body" and it's a "person's right to choose what to do with their bodies" when it's about Abortion. And you say republicans are hypocrites...

Kettle, meet pot.
the TRUTH sux

Barbourville, KY

#2 Oct 12, 2013
Q Whats the difference between a libratarian and a toilet?

A. The toilet is only full of sh*t until you flush it
the TRUTH sux

Barbourville, KY

#3 Oct 12, 2013
If you are so much worse for democrats than republicans you would at least have a viable candidate for .. something .. keep siphoning off those repub votes you're doing a great job. With the help Ted Cruz and the Tea Party is giving dems Im thinking of sending him a few bucks.
Ugh

Portland, TN

#4 Oct 12, 2013
the TRUTH sux wrote:
If you are so much worse for democrats than republicans you would at least have a viable candidate for .. something .. keep siphoning off those repub votes you're doing a great job. With the help Ted Cruz and the Tea Party is giving dems Im thinking of sending him a few bucks.
Hey we'll do you one even better. We'll just keep stealing your voters till eventually the democrat party is as empty and shallow as the republican party.

Not like there is much difference between the two parties. Both want to spend spend spend and rule everyone's lives.

Also, most libertarians have decided to infiltrate the republican party. You'll see our candidates in 2016. That's if your guy doesn't get himself tossed in prison before than.
the TRUTH sux

Barbourville, KY

#5 Oct 13, 2013
There arent any libertarian candidates because their constituents are to paranoid to leave there supply of pork and beans ungaurded long enough to go vote, if they could figure out absentee ballots would be a start. And lining your hat with tinfoil is what sets the metal detector off.
Ugh

Portland, TN

#6 Oct 13, 2013
I love how you're sitting here criticizing libertarians with your shitty spelling and grammar. It's like a retard calling a scientist stupid. You really can't get mad about it because they're just so simple minded.
the TRUTH sux

Barbourville, KY

#7 Oct 13, 2013
Ugh wrote:
I love how you're sitting here criticizing libertarians with your shitty spelling and grammar. It's like a retard calling a scientist stupid. You really can't get mad about it because they're just so simple minded.
But you still get the point, right?
Ugh

Portland, TN

#8 Oct 14, 2013
Yes Yes, I get your point. You would rather comment on this with insults to those of us who are for liberty and freedom instead of commenting on the actual message of the OP. You can call Libertarians anything you want, it still doesn't change the fact that your party is promoting taxation without representation, disarmament, and the reduction of personal liberties.

We may be wearing 'tin foil hats' but we sure as hell aren't demanding the rest of the nation to take care of us.
the TRUTH sux

Barbourville, KY

#9 Oct 14, 2013
Like I said , siphon off all the republican votes you can. Never underestimate your contribution.
the TRUTH sux

Barbourville, KY

#10 Oct 14, 2013
Ugh wrote:
Yes Yes, I get your point. You would rather comment on this with insults to those of us who are for liberty and freedom instead of commenting on the actual message of the OP. You can call Libertarians anything you want, it still doesn't change the fact that your party is promoting taxation without representation, disarmament, and the reduction of personal liberties.
We may be wearing 'tin foil hats' but we sure as hell aren't demanding the rest of the nation to take care of us.
Like I said, just keep siphoning off those republican votes. Good stratagy. A democrat probably came up with it.
truth_hurts

Manchester, KY

#11 Oct 14, 2013
dew fuss

Barbourville, KY

#12 Oct 14, 2013
somebody gotta stop all them fat little farmers daughter from droppin bastards by the litter
dew fuss

Barbourville, KY

#13 Oct 14, 2013
the TRUTH sux

Barbourville, KY

#14 Oct 14, 2013
Ugh wrote:
Q.how to make a libertarian look stupid

A.let him talk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min harmonious 155,370
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min yeah man 7,150
food stamps 10 min not right 42
knox board of ed raising taxes 23 min Enough said 118
Stealing from child's grave 33 min not right 3
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 41 min lolololol 16
Gary Martin 1 hr neighbor 2

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance