Parent

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Does the bigger rides really take 3 tickets per ride? I bought my son 30 tickets. If that is the case, he will only get to ride 10 rides which could only last 3 minutes at a time. That is a dollar per minute. Help.
DBF Director

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Parent wrote:
Does the bigger rides really take 3 tickets per ride? I bought my son 30 tickets. If that is the case, he will only get to ride 10 rides which could only last 3 minutes at a time. That is a dollar per minute. Help.
The adult rides only take 2 tickets. If you see any ride asking for 3 tickets, please tell someone at the information booth, and we will take care of the problem.
Parent

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

DBF Director wrote:
<quoted text> The adult rides only take 2 tickets. If you see any ride asking for 3 tickets, please tell someone at the information booth, and we will take care of the problem.
Last night when I walked around town, the adult rides said three tickets.

“always speak your mind be true”

Since: Jan 10

barbourville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

DBF Director wrote:
<quoted text> The adult rides only take 2 tickets. If you see any ride asking for 3 tickets, please tell someone at the information booth, and we will take care of the problem.
if you really are DBF director, let me ask you why in this world is DBF still on ticket system, all the surrounding counties have festivals and you can pay one price and the kids ride all they want we haven't been to the DBF for years and we want go, larger families can't afford this with the economy the way it is. but a lot of families do with out because of this festival kids will go hungry for the month following the festival because the county puts money over the citizens of the county, and yes people will put this festival over feeding their kids but families out there with 4 and 5 kids can't afford to go and buy all these tickets and not to mention the cost besides the tickets its a sad state at what you guys have let it turn into you used to have a family night, but done away with that but you are missing the boat a lot of us go to the laurel county fair. i hope its rains cats and dogs every night of the festival but that want hurt you since you have already sold the tickets anyway. i would be willing to bet a lot of people in the county feels the same on this issue.
229 man

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

yes that is true people should not buy tickets till they go they would lose out of lots of money that way when you buy tickets then the rides arepaid for whether it rains,snows are sleets make there money whether you come are not
need to know

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

I am coming in from out of town to bring my children. My mother when she was alive used to take us to this every year. So what I want to know is does it cost to actually get into the festival, and if so how much per adult and child?
the truth

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

rides will be 1 or 2 tickets i called the mayor david he called back after he checked and said that was the set up from the last town he said he called the festival people and that was not right it will be changed by tonite

Since: Mar 10

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

barbourville big dawg wrote:
<quoted text>if you really are DBF director, let me ask you why in this world is DBF still on ticket system, all the surrounding counties have festivals and you can pay one price and the kids ride all they want we haven't been to the DBF for years and we want go, larger families can't afford this with the economy the way it is. but a lot of families do with out because of this festival kids will go hungry for the month following the festival because the county puts money over the citizens of the county, and yes people will put this festival over feeding their kids but families out there with 4 and 5 kids can't afford to go and buy all these tickets and not to mention the cost besides the tickets its a sad state at what you guys have let it turn into you used to have a family night, but done away with that but you are missing the boat a lot of us go to the laurel county fair. i hope its rains cats and dogs every night of the festival but that want hurt you since you have already sold the tickets anyway. i would be willing to bet a lot of people in the county feels the same on this issue.
Excellent observation!! I've been wondering about this myself and I'm curious to know the answer as well...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

need to know wrote:
I am coming in from out of town to bring my children. My mother when she was alive used to take us to this every year. So what I want to know is does it cost to actually get into the festival, and if so how much per adult and child?
Doesn't cost a dime to go to the DBF and walk around town and listen to the bands, watch events and mingle... Just costs to eat,drink,ride,donate....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

oh..and parking if you want to get close...
dwittle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Tickets at the cockfest were 1 dollar each and all rides were 2 to 5 tickets. So the dbf is a little cheaper
Parent

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

barbourville big dawg wrote:
<quoted text>if you really are DBF director, let me ask you why in this world is DBF still on ticket system, all the surrounding counties have festivals and you can pay one price and the kids ride all they want we haven't been to the DBF for years and we want go, larger families can't afford this with the economy the way it is. but a lot of families do with out because of this festival kids will go hungry for the month following the festival because the county puts money over the citizens of the county, and yes people will put this festival over feeding their kids but families out there with 4 and 5 kids can't afford to go and buy all these tickets and not to mention the cost besides the tickets its a sad state at what you guys have let it turn into you used to have a family night, but done away with that but you are missing the boat a lot of us go to the laurel county fair. i hope its rains cats and dogs every night of the festival but that want hurt you since you have already sold the tickets anyway. i would be willing to bet a lot of people in the county feels the same on this issue.
I am with this guy. Lets say an arm band cost 50.00 for a kid for unlimited rides all week and you sell only 5000 arm bands which I think would be a low estimate. That is 250,000.00
gagagowah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

nooooo cant do that the locals have to get their cut before it even comes to town i would think.
well

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Last night when I walked around town, the adult rides said three tickets.
are they havin stamp nite lik they did at nibroc
Parent

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

well wrote:
<quoted text>are they havin stamp nite lik they did at nibroc
I haven't heard anything about stamp night or any arm bands.

To reply to the statement that the Daniel Boone is free to walk around, etc. is true but we are not talking about adults we are talking about kids.
parent

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

how much are the braslets
dbf

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

They don't sale the bracelets at the Daniel boone. They only sale tickets you can still purchase them at barbourville city tomorrow there 5 for $5 rides take 2 tickets. If you buy them at the festival tickets cost $2.75 each an require 2 tickets per ride also. You can Not purchase a bracelet at the festival they don't ever offer that. I'm 50 years old and been taking my kids now grandkids and can't ever remember the bracelets ever being offered. Other festivals do but ours doesn't
Honest

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

If it rains there would be peopled down there with rain coats on and women with children in strollers just to get to wave and be seen on channel 4
HBIC

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

I hope it do rainz. Wash sum da nasty off dem trash folk.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Have they quit selling the tickets at school now or can you still purchase them there? Thanks :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
weed eating 21 min Rumors 15
dead beaty daddy ELIJAH MESSER 30 min nothing new 2
New mayor and City council raise waterpark ... 32 min Omg 15
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 35 min onefoehim 369
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min Quantummist 127,812
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min GOTP 144,630
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 3,734
KC Basketball Coach 3 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search