How to cook cabbage
youngen

London, KY

#1 Feb 7, 2014
I have a couple of cabbage heads that I need to fix before they ruin. I need a good recipe to try. I have never fixed cooked cabbage but heard it is really good.
realist

Keavy, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2014
youngen wrote:
I have a couple of cabbage heads that I need to fix before they ruin. I need a good recipe to try. I have never fixed cooked cabbage but heard it is really good.
I wash mine off cut it up place it in a kettle, put water in it enough to cover the cabbage, along with a half cup of canola oil and 3 tbs of salt. I cook until tender.
love it

United States

#3 Feb 8, 2014
cooked cabbage is good, but fried cabbage is delicious. For cooked cabbage shred it up, put water over it and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. For fried cabbage, shred it and place in skillet with oil. Cover it and fry slowly. When it is done, season with salt and pepper.
Lucy

London, KY

#4 Feb 8, 2014
Cabbage, cabbage----good for your heart...
The more you eat, the more you #@**...
The more you #@**, the better you feel...
So eat some cabbage with EVERY MEAL!!!!
ricki

London, KY

#5 Feb 9, 2014
I like mine fried too. Sometimes I add dried chili peppers, and chili powder and fry until wilted. It is delicious with soup beans
gator

Mountain View, CA

#6 Feb 9, 2014
Cabbage steaks with garlic rub are the best. I eat them often when I return from making truck payments.
ThatWay

London, KY

#7 Feb 9, 2014
gator wrote:
Cabbage steaks with garlic rub are the best. I eat them often when I return from making truck payments.
You need a big cabbage stuck in your "stupid comment making mouth" A cabbage wouldn't be BIG ENOUGH to fill that bif mouth but 3-4 would.
gator

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2014
Cabbage steaks are really good. I eat them often when I triumphantly return from making truck payments.
Just wonderingly

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2014
I just boil mine (with grease & salt), and just before it gets done, I slice up polish sausage and put in it, fry me some taters, bake some corn bread, and Lord have mercy, you can't sit still to eat that. Great leftovers too.
butthead

Puyallup, WA

#11 Feb 17, 2014
Corned beef and cabbage. The spices that come with the meat make cabbage a little tastier. You don't have to wait for St. Patricks Day to have it. I think I'll make some this week. Yum yum
cooker

Barbourville, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2014
I boil mine.
food

Barbourville, KY

#13 Mar 12, 2014
Gabage is good for your Bowles lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beer 12 min Pugilista 9
BHS Schoolboard member Hiding TRUTH 19 min Thought 2
DemocRATS or ISIS which is a greater threat to ... 41 min Whatacrock 62
Board meeting 49 min Bet ya 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 149,911
Fer five minutes I such u drie Facebook Patrici... 1 hr Rugged 2
i patricia butler shw u my pus on facebook 2 hr Patricia Butler 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages