Marry Hammons for Jailer?
sissy

London, KY

#62 Apr 2, 2014
I WILL NOT VOTE FOR NO WOMAN FOR NO KIND OF OFFICE JAILER IS A MANS JOB NOT A WOMAN ,
Boom

London, KY

#63 Apr 2, 2014
It's all about decisions made while in office, who you hire, how you treat people. Still undecided but will not be for current.
Boom

London, KY

#64 Apr 3, 2014
I have come to the conclusion that Elbert Mills would serve the jail well.
Eastern ky

Keavy, KY

#65 Apr 3, 2014
I love Mary and as bad as I hate to say it I've had three children in Knox county jail, and Mary also treated them with respect and good to them, when your in public office you can only do so much with funds you have to do with, but this is jail it's not suppose to be nice that why you should do right things and you wouldn't go to jail, I love Mary and she got my vote!!!!!!!
Boom

London, KY

#66 Apr 3, 2014
This is on the detention site:
How It Works:

All inmates must fit a certain criteria in order to qualify for the Prime For Life program.
Once enrolled, the inmate must complete the entire 20 hour program.

Successful completion along with judge's consent results in a 25% reduction of the inmate’s jail sentence.

Since Mary Hammons implemented this program 2/10/11, the 25% reduction has saved Knox County

$266,715.00

If we have saved that much money why isn't it being implemented if we are that low on funds. Mary is a very nice person, but there are a lot of nice people. Made wrong decisions. Elbert Mills Jr.
Yeah

Keavy, KY

#67 Apr 3, 2014
Boom wrote:
This is on the detention site:
How It Works:
All inmates must fit a certain criteria in order to qualify for the Prime For Life program.
Once enrolled, the inmate must complete the entire 20 hour program.
Successful completion along with judge's consent results in a 25% reduction of the inmate’s jail sentence.
Since Mary Hammons implemented this program 2/10/11, the 25% reduction has saved Knox County
$266,715.00
If we have saved that much money why isn't it being implemented if we are that low on funds. Mary is a very nice person, but there are a lot of nice people. Made wrong decisions. Elbert Mills Jr.
If you vote Elbert Mills you are wasting a vote, make it count.
Boom

London, KY

#68 Apr 3, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
If you vote Elbert Mills you are wasting a vote, make it count.
I may be. I have found information by asking people about him and have only heard good things. Why would you say this?
Yeah

Keavy, KY

#69 Apr 4, 2014
Boom wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be. I have found information by asking people about him and have only heard good things. Why would you say this?
I just don't think he has the backing, nothing personal against this man at all. Who knows though.
undecided

Pineville, KY

#70 Apr 4, 2014
Im not sure of my vote yet,i am thinking liford.
question

London, KY

#71 Apr 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't think he has the backing, nothing personal against this man at all. Who knows though.
Why do you need backing? If you are not loaded you can't run?
jobs

Manchester, KY

#72 Apr 4, 2014
does she ever have jobs .or does people get them that know someone .to tell her who to give a job to
Yeah

Keavy, KY

#73 Apr 4, 2014
question wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need backing? If you are not loaded you can't run?
I didn't mean financial, I meant well known.
Kindly

Keavy, KY

#74 Apr 4, 2014
Mary Hammons is a very smart and very kind hearted lady. She has done an excellent job in the past with the jail and she will definitely get my vote! You won't find a more hard working lady around, she treats those inmates better than most deserve to be treated! She can't help that the jail is old and falling apart. I'm sure she does everything she can to keep it as clean as possible. Don't get on here bashing her, because it's election time, I'm sure 90% of these tall tails are completely false! Trying to run a good woman's name in the mud, shame on you!

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#75 Apr 5, 2014
Vote mills, Goodbye Mary, remember jailtracker.
split vote

Pineville, KY

#76 Apr 5, 2014
Mary will not have any trouble winning.Theres to many others running,if there was only one person against her it might be different.
vote

London, KY

#77 Apr 5, 2014
Everyone hears bad things about politicians, most don't believe. Until it unfolds in front of their eyes, like what has been unfolding before us in the current year. Everyone has read and heard what goes on so if you are tired of it you will vote for someone else. You need to help this election by asking your family and friends to vote some honest people in office. Elbert Mills may not be wealthy or in the circle but is a good guy.
split vote

Pineville, KY

#78 Apr 5, 2014
Ive never seen a politician that wasn't talked about or lied on or something.I know their not all honest but I know a couple that has went out of their way to help someone or their family an then that person turn around an talk about them like dogs after they get what they want.That makes them a lot worse of a person than the politician is.
unreal

London, KY

#79 Apr 5, 2014
I seen a young man the other night at a friends house that looked like he had been in a horrible car crash . I ask him what had happened , keep in mind that I do not know this person so he had no reason to lie to me, when I ask him he told me that he had been arrested on a drug charge, upon entering the drunk tank (thats where they put ALL people at first) that he seen someone that he had previous problems with so he went after the guy. Yes this was wrong but all that should have been done by the jail employee's was to detain this young man and move him to another cell but this didnt happen. He told me the names , one was S.J the others I do not remember. 8 days after that day/night this young person who is someones son, brother, cousin, maybe an uncle, or a dad still had 2 very bad black eyes, a raised spot on his forhead that looked the size of someones eye ball and several other bruises on his rib cage and basically all over. He said he remembered going after the guy and then the Jail people removing all the other people from the tank and the 3 employees coming in after him, the next thing he remembered was waking up at the hospital because apparently they got afraid they had done too much. How can this go on and why doesnt the Jailer, or the so called fisical court do something about this ?
split vote

Pineville, KY

#80 Apr 5, 2014
unreal wrote:
I seen a young man the other night at a friends house that looked like he had been in a horrible car crash . I ask him what had happened , keep in mind that I do not know this person so he had no reason to lie to me, when I ask him he told me that he had been arrested on a drug charge, upon entering the drunk tank (thats where they put ALL people at first) that he seen someone that he had previous problems with so he went after the guy. Yes this was wrong but all that should have been done by the jail employee's was to detain this young man and move him to another cell but this didnt happen. He told me the names , one was S.J the others I do not remember. 8 days after that day/night this young person who is someones son, brother, cousin, maybe an uncle, or a dad still had 2 very bad black eyes, a raised spot on his forhead that looked the size of someones eye ball and several other bruises on his rib cage and basically all over. He said he remembered going after the guy and then the Jail people removing all the other people from the tank and the 3 employees coming in after him, the next thing he remembered was waking up at the hospital because apparently they got afraid they had done too much. How can this go on and why doesnt the Jailer, or the so called fisical court do something about this ?
You may not know the whole story,maybe they tried to detain him but he was fighting them.After all he said he couldn't remember what happen.Or maybe the guy he started with beat the heck out of him an he don't want anyone to know.An maybe hes telling the truth,but whos to know?When it comes election time I don't believe anything anyone says because theres to many people starting crap on people they want out of office.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#81 Apr 5, 2014
unreal wrote:
I've heard the jail employees are beating prisoners, I know I called the jail a year ago and a male employee threatened me over the phone. I called J.M. and told him about it and he made excuses and said I had misunderstood the employee. There was no misunderstanding the man said he knew someone he would send to my house to see me, I told them to send them, nobody ever showed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie Fredrick mills Clark 2 hr Closer friend 21
Who is this guy? Saw him in court back in 2012/13 2 hr Wondering 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Patriot 151,618
Why was Jason lake fired ? 2 hr Lol 11
save alot 3 hr tire guy 15
Anyone lose a blue tick puppy? 3 hr I want it 2
New Hires at KC 3 hr Woweee 58
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? Mon History lesson 35

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages