AOL

#2 Jan 30, 2009
TY.. MEMORIES..I don't have it yet.
Lover of beauty

AOL

#3 Feb 4, 2009
MEMORIES wrote:
THIS IS THE FRONT OF THE OLD KNOX DRIVE-IN
Is there still some of the old concession stand still there? The day I took the one on GUESS I was afraid of snakes or I would have ventured on in there.
Tully

Corbin, KY

#4 Feb 4, 2009
They Were There And The Sound Mics

Since: Nov 08

Sheridan, AR

#5 Feb 4, 2009
Would anyone happen to have a pic of it when it was running? I'd love to see one.
remembering

Manchester, KY

#6 May 3, 2009
saw my first movie there

Since: Apr 09

Barbourville

#7 May 3, 2009
I'm not old enough to remember the drive in but my parents told me about it. I wish there was something like that in Barbourville still that would be cool.
Geek

London, KY

#8 May 3, 2009
Use to have all night movies on Saturday night. Remember it well.
what I think

London, KY

#9 May 3, 2009
who owns the land there? I wonder if they would be interested in having it cleared off??
twiggy

United States

#10 May 3, 2009
The first movie I remember seeing there was thunder road . also wednesdays were buck night. one dollar a car no matter how many people was in it. those were great days.
just here

Sheridan, AR

#11 Jul 6, 2009
i remember the old drive in well. There should be some playground stuff if front of the screen. It needs to be reopened again.

Since: Nov 08

London, KY

#12 Jul 6, 2009
just here wrote:
i remember the old drive in well. There should be some playground stuff if front of the screen. It needs to be reopened again.
I agree
first -job

United States

#13 May 6, 2013
this was my first job when i teenager back in 1959, the Mitchell family were good people to work for and we had a lot of fun working there , that was the real Happy Days and I think I made $12.00 a week.
way back

London, KY

#14 May 6, 2013
Our family would go there and eat at Oasis Drive In afterwards.
first-job

United States

#15 May 6, 2013
way back wrote:
Our family would go there and eat at Oasis Drive In afterwards.
is that the same place that Lewis Bains drive-in was? use to love to eat there when all the collage boys would be out on Saturday night, like I said that was the real Happy Days we had our own fonzy.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#16 May 6, 2013
good days

Barbourville, KY

#17 May 6, 2013
first-job wrote:
<quoted text>is that the same place that Lewis Bains drive-in was? use to love to eat there when all the collage boys would be out on Saturday night, like I said that was the real Happy Days we had our own fonzy.
I also remember the drive in the playground the concession stand and oh yeah me and my date......those were sure good clean times. Too bad the young people today will never have those good memories. I remember sneaking friends in our trunks when you had to pay by person. Wow! So much fun.
Fonzi

Cathedral City, CA

#18 May 6, 2013
first-job wrote:
<quoted text> is that the same place that Lewis Bains drive-in was? use to love to eat there when all the collage boys would be out on Saturday night, like I said that was the real Happy Days we had our own fonzy.
Yes
Louis Bains ---> Oasis Drive Inn
joee

Hazard, KY

#19 May 6, 2013
id like to open this back up is this land for sale ?
bda

Barbourville, KY

#20 May 7, 2013
I remember this place very well it was a time of great joy in my youth sitting home and watching movies and even in theaters can not compare to the drive-ins from the past I was sad when it shut down as antisocial as people have become it may be worth a chance to repoen a new drive in just to see what it would do people are starveing for social interactions the Old Knox drive served the people of Barbourville and the county very well miss it Loved it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
campbell vs smith for sheriff 19 min voter 23 6
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 21 min xbosgay 5,524
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 21 min Answer 20
What happened at Stinking Creek? 3 hr amy 94
Cody Abner (Jun '11) 5 hr jo jo 7
bad renters HELP 6 hr Johnnie 7
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 6 hr record 7
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 6 hr record 10
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 hr Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
kC principal injured 11 hr Sarah J 7
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info