Help!! Computer screen is black!!

Help!! Computer screen is black!!

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Becky

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2013
The monitor is black. The light is on and I can hear the fan goin. Any suggestions???
sayin

London, KY

#2 Jan 15, 2013
yea!!
turn the monitor power on.
of course you can't read this
Becky

United States

#3 Jan 15, 2013
sayin wrote:
yea!!
turn the monitor power on.
of course you can't read this
. Um yea!!! It is on and yea of course I would be using some other device to post from!!!!!!!
trying to help

United States

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>. Um yea!!! It is on and yea of course I would be using some other device to post from!!!!!!!
if your computer comes on but the monitor is black then there could be several things wrong with it. It could be the RAM in it, the processor or your video card. Hard to tell without checking it out. I work on computers and guarantee my work. If you want to bring it by my house i can take a look at it for free. I am not very expensive, I charge no more then $25 to fix computers no matter what is wrong with it and you don't pay anything unless i fix it. leave comment if interested and i will leave my email.
Becky

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2013
trying to help wrote:
<quoted text>if your computer comes on but the monitor is black then there could be several things wrong with it. It could be the RAM in it, the processor or your video card. Hard to tell without checking it out. I work on computers and guarantee my work. If you want to bring it by my house i can take a look at it for free. I am not very expensive, I charge no more then $25 to fix computers no matter what is wrong with it and you don't pay anything unless i fix it. leave comment if interested and i will leave my email.
I could usually fix it myself. By pressing f4. Or fn+f6. My cat lays on it and I'm thinkin it has pushed something. The monitor is on and it's not really blacked out. More like just blank cause I can see a glow from it. I just can't figure it out.
trying to help

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Becky wrote:
<quoted text> I could usually fix it myself. By pressing f4. Or fn+f6. My cat lays on it and I'm thinkin it has pushed something. The monitor is on and it's not really blacked out. More like just blank cause I can see a glow from it. I just can't figure it out.
it could have jarred a stick of RAM loose or your video card. you can take the side off it and make sure they are securely in their slots. If you don't know how to do that yourself email me at [email protected] if you want to bring it by. if it is just something loose then i would only charge $10 to open it up and fix it. If that isn't the problem then some parts may have to be replaced. Like i said if i can't fix it i don't charge.
travis

London, KY

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Becky wrote:
The monitor is black. The light is on and I can hear the fan goin. Any suggestions???
is this on a desktop or laptop
for desktop
unplug your vga cable from your monitor the power it on with out it hook up to your tower dose it show any thing then if it dosnt show any thing monitors bad it should show a lego of some kind as soon as its powered on
dose the desktop have a video card if so that could be it the video card could be going bad or the screen settings are way off
or it could be bad ram or bad onboard gpu or your bios settings or messed up or it could be a bad motherboard the capacitor or
capacitors could have poped
laptop
bad back lights in the screen
or bad screen inverter
bad ram
or its a black screen of death a bad gpu on the motherboard
travis

London, KY

#8 Jan 15, 2013
Becky wrote:
and i cheack tham out for free no cost unless you want me to fix it afther i show you what the problem is
computer owner

Flat Lick, KY

#9 Jan 24, 2013
I have a hp pavillion, that has the same problem, I looked it up, it commonly called the black screen of death. Very common with computers that run Vista. I am a pretty good tech, my self and could not fix it. I may just take you up on your offer to fix mine also. Thanks for posting.
kj

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Hey Travis I have a HP Pavillion notebook with a busted screen. Can you fix it and how much!?
travis

London, KY

#11 Jan 24, 2013
kj wrote:
Hey Travis I have a HP Pavillion notebook with a busted screen. Can you fix it and how much!?
i would have to see to get the numbers of it to see of i have a screen to fit it
travis

London, KY

#12 Jan 24, 2013
computer owner wrote:
I have a hp pavillion, that has the same problem, I looked it up, it commonly called the black screen of death. Very common with computers that run Vista. I am a pretty good tech, my self and could not fix it. I may just take you up on your offer to fix mine also. Thanks for posting.
black screen of death is usailly a gpu aka graphics processing unit gone bad from over heating and the fact they make motherboards to thin they bend as they get hot and cold cracking the solder joints that hold in your gpu
most gpus are solder and glued in to the same thing that cause 360 to red ring ps3 to yellow light fools thing you can take a heat gun and reflow the solder will fix it it want when the solder cracks like that it cause power power serges in the gpu damaging thats why every 360 and ps3 thats been reflow mess up again in no time the best way to fix a bad gpu replace the mother board and not waste time or money reflowing one
vista black screen is not always the gpu in fact its usally a driver problem either video or bios drives vista is bad for that most of the time ill either upgrade or down grade the os on any computer i get running vista
kj

United States

#13 Jan 24, 2013
travis wrote:
<quoted text>i would have to see to get the numbers of it to see of i have a screen to fit it
Where do I find the numbers? I can give them to you
travis

London, KY

#14 Jan 24, 2013
kj wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do I find the numbers? I can give them to you
need the full model number off the bottom of the lap[top or if you have pulled the lcd or led screen out the number off the back of the screen
that way i know if its a 30 pin or 40 pin led or a 30 pin or 40 pin ccfl
dognz

Ellwood City, PA

#15 Jan 24, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Life continues
kj

United States

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Here's what the model number says dv6-1359wm
There's more numbers other places here's one long on its not the product key though
00196-003-020-519

If you need more let me know
travis

London, KY

#19 Jan 24, 2013
i dont have one to fit it
this is what you need thier 60 bucks with free shipping off ebay
i cant keep 15.6 lcd screen use tham or sale tham as fast as i get tham
Screen Size: 15.6 inch Crossways
Screen Type: Glossy , BrightView, CrystalBrite
Data Cable Pins: 40 Pins
Pixels: 1366 x 768
Backlight Lamp: LED
Width x Height:13.6" x 7.6"
Type: TFT Active Matrix
kj

United States

#20 Jan 24, 2013
travis wrote:
i dont have one to fit it
this is what you need thier 60 bucks with free shipping off ebay
i cant keep 15.6 lcd screen use tham or sale tham as fast as i get tham
Screen Size: 15.6 inch Crossways
Screen Type: Glossy , BrightView, CrystalBrite
Data Cable Pins: 40 Pins
Pixels: 1366 x 768
Backlight Lamp: LED
Width x Height:13.6" x 7.6"
Type: TFT Active Matrix
If I get it can you install it?
travis

London, KY

#21 Jan 24, 2013
yes 20 bucks
kj

United States

#22 Jan 24, 2013
travis wrote:
yes 20 bucks
Ok cool! I'll order it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Cornfused 163,546
Did Andrew Davenport die? 7 min Mr Reasonable 6
Fwb 13 min PeterPepper 23
Tyra smith 34 min Funny 4
Dustin Mills , Colonel ‘Joe’ Golden 1 hr cemetery sex 7
Sherry bar 1 hr Sheri 15
Tyra smith 1 hr Damn shame 2
I would like to know if any Knox county teacher... 22 hr Truth 65

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages