High speed chase from Tennessee to Whitley County ends in arrest

Mar 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKYT

A man is under arrest for leading police on a high speed chase from Tennessee into Kentucky, and crashing into an officer's vehicle.

Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tuti Phruti

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Newly moved wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means I'm not taking up for this man whatsoever. I understand what he was doing was very wrong. He should have not been trying to out run the cops. But seeing that he did do so and considering they did stop him and thank God no one was hurt during the chase. It was after the chase that bothers me. Why did they not try to taze him handcuff and take him him to jail and then let the judge throw the book at him. But instead they decided to pull him out of his car and beat him to the point he almost died and who knows still could. Police are trained to deal with stuff like this in training. So apparently they train you to beat a man to death send him to a hospital and then if needed taze, maze or take him to jail? Is this right!!
If a person is able to withstand a beating or whatever, before going down, then that person is strung out on something. Be it herion or something else. I would not carry a badge these days no matter what. People snorting, shooting up or just plain old perscription pills, need to be handled in a different way. If you want drugs off of your streets, then let the police do their job, as they see fit. Before you ask, no I am not a police officer. I have driven by a place where a meth lab had moments before exploded. I have been walking down the street, and encountered people high on herion or perscription meds. The worse thing about it, they had kids with them. If people choose to do drugs, then they should do it where nobody but themselves will be harmed. May the officers protect the good citizens against the ones who choose to ingest drugs. I want my family to be able to walk down the street, and not worry about them coming face to face with a drug induced moron.
Taxpayer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

That's the third person beaten that I have heard about and all I do is read the paper. Second person this month. The first man's family has already won a settlement. I think the second will win also if his mother has anything to do with it. This guy may own the county if the beating put him in UK. This is not Germany 1939. Police are not above the law, dishing out their own justice. They will be held accountable for these actions. We the taxpayers will be paying the bill.
wth

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

and thats why people are scard and run from the law case closed
vote

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

We foget so soon about the drunk that hit the family in Flat Lick that killed 4 x-mas eve. People that get behind the wheel of a car drunk or high on meds should not have no rights at all.
Taxpayer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

vote wrote:
We foget so soon about the drunk that hit the family in Flat Lick that killed 4 x-mas eve. People that get behind the wheel of a car drunk or high on meds should not have no rights at all.
I assume then that you don't pay taxes or care about your constitutional rights. I care about mine. When the rights of someone who breaks the law are taken away then the rights of everyone is taken away. I don't want to get pulled over, say a tail light, and get put into the hospital because some deputy is having a bad day.
vote

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume then that you don't pay taxes or care about your constitutional rights. I care about mine. When the rights of someone who breaks the law are taken away then the rights of everyone is taken away. I don't want to get pulled over, say a tail light, and get put into the hospital because some deputy is having a bad day.
I would say that you are over going a little bit overboard if you are saying "I don't want to get pulled over, say a tail light, and get put into the hospital because some deputy is having a bad day" compared to someone who didn't give two cents about the rights of the people he put in danger driving 100mph and to cap it off resisted arrest. What about the rights of the family killed in Flat Lick?
Tuti Phruti

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

vote wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that you are over going a little bit overboard if you are saying "I don't want to get pulled over, say a tail light, and get put into the hospital because some deputy is having a bad day" compared to someone who didn't give two cents about the rights of the people he put in danger driving 100mph and to cap it off resisted arrest. What about the rights of the family killed in Flat Lick?
What really is awful, is that these trouble makers according to their friends and family were straight A students. Worked every day, went staight home, blah! blah! blah! well, you know the other things that is said. If that were the case, then little Jr. wouldn't be on the ground getting handcuffed. I would rather my tax money, go to defending the arresting officers. Anybody driving under the influence of anything that can get you high, should should be arrested.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

This Could have been the Results ... http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/mar/26/ca... ... You folks that feel sympathy for this Idiot should consider that could be Your Wife, Daughter, Girlfriend, Mother.....
Taxpayer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Don't misunderstand me. I have no sympathy for anyone who breaks the law. That's what the Judical System is for. Police officers giving someone a beatdown isn't part of it. Who should get the beatdown, Driving under the infulence-beatdown, Child abuse-beatdown, B&E-beatdown, Shoplifting-beatdown, Coldchecks-beatdown. Don't confuse the justice system with police abuse of authority. It just costs the taxpayers in the end.
Really

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Tuti Phruti wrote:
<quoted text>
What really is awful, is that these trouble makers according to their friends and family were straight A students. Worked every day, went staight home, blah! blah! blah! well, you know the other things that is said. If that were the case, then little Jr. wouldn't be on the ground getting handcuffed. I would rather my tax money, go to defending the arresting officers. Anybody driving under the influence of anything that can get you high, should should be arrested.
I agree with you on the DUI u should be arrested and put in jail not be beat down and put in the hospital. So the way I see it your tax money isn't defending cops it's used to pay medical bills for some of the cops that would rather beat people then take them to jail. It's a power trip.
also a taxpayer

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer wrote:
Don't misunderstand me. I have no sympathy for anyone who breaks the law. That's what the Judical System is for. Police officers giving someone a beatdown isn't part of it. Who should get the beatdown, Driving under the infulence-beatdown, Child abuse-beatdown, B&E-beatdown, Shoplifting-beatdown, Coldchecks-beatdown. Don't confuse the justice system with police abuse of authority. It just costs the taxpayers in the end.
Theres alot of differnce in what crime they commit,this guy had already rammed a cop car an he was willing to do anything he needed to to get away,which includes shooting a cop.They did'nt know if he had a gun an they was'nt taking a chance on him having a gun.An i dont blame the cops one bit.
vote

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer wrote:
To answer your question, who needs a beat down. Criminals that have no concern for life and that is including the people that he puts their lives in danger. Those are the people who need a beat down. Once arrested and sobered up they are out and will do the same. Maybe if the courts don't scare them it's always in the back of their head (that good ass whipping they got) if they can remember it. Good job to those that did their job, believe it or not over way over half the people agree, maybe not the family of the convict, but good reason to put them in rehab before they kill and they are in with the big boys that will give them a beat down daily.
Tuti Phruti

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer wrote:
I understand where you are coming from. Thieves, and just plain old cowards (child abusers), are different from herion, meth and prescription abusers. You can put a theif up against a police car, and handcuff him. They know why they are being arrested. The others on the other hand, are just off their rocker. They can't understand (because of the drugs in their system), what is happening. We all want to be able to walk down the street, let our kids play in the yard and be safe. I have been around people on herion, meth and perscription meds. It is not something that I would wish on anybody. If an officer of the law has to beat one of them down to arrest them, so be it. Its better than letting them go, because they couldn't restrain them. I am not being mean, these drugs have brought people down to wild animals. Something has to change. I would not want to try and restrain them. Whats scary, is if the police were to stop trying to restrain them. Your loved ones couldn't walk to the store without an armed guard. That would be sad, wouldn't it?
Taxpayer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

You got me wrong and you got my point wrong. I don't give 2 cents for the criminals and I have the upmost respect for law enforcement officers. So why don't you just kill the criminal when they are placed under arrest. Let the officer decide, no need for jails, courthouses, judges, jurys. I don't want an offender to get off because of the actions of the officer and then pay the hospital bill and lose a law suit for abuse. It's about my tax dollars. My guess is that trip to UK is going to the taxpayers over $100,000.00 that money could go to better use than paying some thugs medical bill.

Why do you think when you put a criminal in prison with other criminals that they are going to give him a beatdown for running into a police car? You been watching to much TV.
vote

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

You keep talking about tax payers money. Well I pay my taxes every year and I am not at the post office waiting for my check.

My point being, I have children, family and friends that I worry about everyday. We have more persistant felons that are arrested and released in this area than you could shake a stick at. They are stealing, drugging, killing etc..

Don't tell me what a hospital bill of 100,000 dollars cost the tax payers. You don't have a clue what these felons are costing the tax payers do you? Money has not value to me compared to the lives of innocent people being victimized. That is including the family of 4 killed at Flat Lick. I wonder how much that family would have paid to have their loved ones with them.
Taxpayer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

I don't get your point vote. Do you think its ok for officers to use excessive force on someone? I get that you are passionate about the Flat Lick incident. There are always going to be criminals, and there are always going to be officers who abuse their powers. The question is should they. I really don't care as long as it doesn't cost the taxpayers.
vote

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer wrote:
I don't get your point vote. Do you think its ok for officers to use excessive force on someone? I get that you are passionate about the Flat Lick incident. There are always going to be criminals, and there are always going to be officers who abuse their powers. The question is should they. I really don't care as long as it doesn't cost the taxpayers.
Every law abiding citizen has rights. When we the citizens have less rights for having to live in society with lawless criminals (with their bracelets) that risk the lives of other then YES I think there should be excessive force used on felons such as the one this topic was started. He is still alive, right? Luck, was on the side of the people that were in his path. I say if they resist after that horrific chase, beat their ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Mike Duquette 128,971
Re. Handy Mart Building? 17 min Toby 3
Anthony Smith 20 min ridiculous 12
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min shish 147,020
john sowders 1 hr not surprised 3
1 Blessing From God 1 hr Stephen Levi 12
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr hollar crawler 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••