High speed chase from Tennessee to Whitley County ends in arrest

Mar 24, 2013 Full story: WKYT 37

A man is under arrest for leading police on a high speed chase from Tennessee into Kentucky, and crashing into an officer's vehicle.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lucifer

Bellevue, WA

#3 Mar 24, 2013
i mean,did everybody leave they're tazer's at home?
Angel

Corbin, KY

#4 Mar 24, 2013
lucifer wrote:
i mean,did everybody leave they're tazer's at home?
. A tazer would have been too easy for him!
Newly moved

Barbourville, KY

#7 Mar 25, 2013
The laws duty is to serve and protect! They never protected anyone but yeah they served a good ass beating almost killed the man! Even though he was in the wrong for what he did doesn't give them the right to send him to UK hospital almost dead. Tazers should have been used not fist, feet, flashlights or billy clubs.
Taxpayer

Williamsburg, KY

#8 Mar 25, 2013
Can't wait to pick up this tab! UK really! Had to beat him that bad. And just wait for the bill for the law suit on the other one they beat, tazed him and beat him so bad closed both his eyes. This sheriff is goning to keep us in the poor house.
lucifer

Bellevue, WA

#9 Mar 25, 2013
i thought everybody was innocent until proven guilty?if that was the case,they beat an innocent man!again.......
Teddy

Corbin, KY

#11 Mar 25, 2013
The sheriffs department didn't arrest him the state police and Williamsburg PD did.
another taxpayer

Whitley City, KY

#12 Mar 25, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
They all need to be held accountable. The officer, the sheriff who lets them think they are above the law. What did he do with the courthouse officer who went to jail? He was in the paper, he promoted him. Who did we elect? Beating people, drunk officers, police cars with blacked out windows, and running the interstate 90 mph. We the taxpayers are paying for all this.
who did the beating this time
Taxpayer

Williamsburg, KY

#13 Mar 25, 2013
The news showed wcsd puting down a strip to stop the car and the sheriff said during the interview he resisted so I guess wcsd did it.
scardy cat

United States

#14 Mar 25, 2013
lucifer wrote:
i thought everybody was innocent until proven guilty?if that was the case,they beat an innocent man!again.......
Yea Even the cops right!
lucifer

Bellevue, WA

#15 Mar 25, 2013
hey scardy cat,the wcsd admitted they put in in the hospital.resisting arrest is there excuse to beat someone.tazers would have done it but this man was beatin because he hit a wpd car.retaliation is a word that comes to mind.but the wcsd said they did it.wcsd just paid a settlement to an "old man" that was only drunk driving that they caught in his driveway. they threw him in the gravel but it was beside the cruiser & they didnt know a security camera recorded the whole thing.sounds like your one of cops that did one (or more) of the beatings?& if you are,you should be ashamed of yourself sir.....
Teddy

Corbin, KY

#16 Mar 25, 2013
You must be too stupid to read the paper or actually listen to the tv. The sheriffs Dept put the spikes out but WPD and KSP are the ones who caught him.
Newly moved

Barbourville, KY

#17 Mar 25, 2013
lucifer wrote:
hey scardy cat,the wcsd admitted they put in in the hospital.resisting arrest is there excuse to beat someone.tazers would have done it but this man was beatin because he hit a wpd car.retaliation is a word that comes to mind.but the wcsd said they did it.wcsd just paid a settlement to an "old man" that was only drunk driving that they caught in his driveway. they threw him in the gravel but it was beside the cruiser & they didnt know a security camera recorded the whole thing.sounds like your one of cops that did one (or more) of the beatings?& if you are,you should be ashamed of yourself sir.....

So theirs actually video of the man being beat? How interesting would love to see this. Not for the man but to see how dirty the cops really are.
lucifer

Bellevue, WA

#18 Mar 25, 2013
yeah,i think it just shows the first or second they threw him on the gravel.it was on one of the local news channels.look it up!
Prove it

Corbin, KY

#19 Mar 25, 2013
Newly moved wrote:
The laws duty is to serve and protect! They never protected anyone but yeah they served a good ass beating almost killed the man! Even though he was in the wrong for what he did doesn't give them the right to send him to UK hospital almost dead. Tazers should have been used not fist, feet, flashlights or billy clubs.
And how do you know feet, fists, flashlights, and clubs were used???? were you there?
Goober

Corbin, KY

#20 Mar 25, 2013
Newly moved wrote:
<quoted text>
So theirs actually video of the man being beat? How interesting would love to see this. Not for the man but to see how dirty the cops really are.
Would you feel the same if the guyhad run down some of your family and killed them, while he was doing 100 mph? I bet you would appreciate the cops then. Maybe, they knocked some sense into him.
Newly moved

Barbourville, KY

#22 Mar 25, 2013
Goober wrote:
<quoted text> Would you feel the same if the guyhad run down some of your family and killed them, while he was doing 100 mph? I bet you would appreciate the cops then. Maybe, they knocked some sense into him.
By all means I'm not taking up for this man whatsoever. I understand what he was doing was very wrong. He should have not been trying to out run the cops. But seeing that he did do so and considering they did stop him and thank God no one was hurt during the chase. It was after the chase that bothers me. Why did they not try to taze him handcuff and take him him to jail and then let the judge throw the book at him. But instead they decided to pull him out of his car and beat him to the point he almost died and who knows still could. Police are trained to deal with stuff like this in training. So apparently they train you to beat a man to death send him to a hospital and then if needed taze, maze or take him to jail? Is this right!!
scardy cat

United States

#23 Mar 25, 2013
lucifer wrote:
No I am not a cop but it does look like they deflated one bad a**
oldman

Williamsburg, KY

#26 Mar 26, 2013
lucifer wrote:
You say an old man that was drunk driving an caught in his driveway,but you forgot to mention just how many innocent kids an men an women an police officers lives he put in danger for all them miles he was driving at 100 miles per hour when all he had to do was pull over.Not to mention that he was trying to fight them when he did get caught.They didnt know if he had a gun or what.He should have pulled over an this wouldnt have happened.Remember the family in flatlick that was ran over a couple of months ago?
Elmo

Cynthiana, KY

#27 Mar 26, 2013
Goober wrote:
<quoted text> Would you feel the same if the guyhad run down some of your family and killed them, while he was doing 100 mph? I bet you would appreciate the cops then. Maybe, they knocked some sense into him.
If's what if's or maybe's don't give any police officer the right to judge or punish anyone in their custody no matter what the circumstance!
too

Harlan, KY

#28 Mar 26, 2013
lucifer wrote:
This man was guilty of the crime of running, having the wrong plates on the car he was driving with a suspended license for DUI and lots more. He could have prevented this in the first place. All he had to do was stop for the first police officer in Tennessee. Then he could have gone to jail without a scratch unless he chose to fight with them. I am an ordinary citizen of Whitley County with no connection to the police before everyone starts hollering about this. I pull over when stopped because I am legal. I have insurance. I have the right tags. I am not on dope or drunk trying to kill some one else on the road.I have a valid driver's license and i think everyone else should too. Oh yeah, I respect the law too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 21 min jason 11
who will you vote for as jailer 39 min Baker fan 62
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 2 hr Quantummist 1
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 4 hr Twilight Ebola 10
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 6 hr Well well 9
Mayor candidate Gary Williams Trash Talking oth... 6 hr remember the teller 41
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 7 hr fixthis 6
who got arrested at bville walmart? 10 hr gator 6
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 13 hr love to know 6
Barbourville Dating