First Prev
of 2
Next Last
trolololololo

Manchester, KY

#21 Nov 2, 2010
It does not really worry me when it does I will fix it; and I feel that what I am writing can be understood will little effort from others. So, I “weigh in the balance” the effort it takes others to read what I have written, and the effort I would have to put in to writing with perfect grammar. On the scale from 1 to 10 how stressful is reading what I write? I do need to take time and make everything correct by English standards. However, will focusing on the grammar make me lose my inspirations at important times? I am not being paid to produce correct grammar; and in all honesty what percentage of my writing is hard to understand, or totally illegible? Are they babblings without any meaning? I will make the text match my thoughts some day; as I do need to improve it. I just put it off, and why I don’t know. I need to do it for me and so it appears nice to others.

Yeah, I would say about 80% of it is illegible. It is difficult to understand your thoughts, as they often have excess and unnecessary words, that blend into run-on sentences.

Look, I don't mean to come off as a jerk about it, but at least start making new paragraphs when your thought changes. It will make it easier to read.
Betterdaysahead wrote:
<quoted text>It does not really worry me when it does i will fix it, I feel that what I am writeing can be understood will little effort from others, So I weigh in the balance the effort it takes others to read what I have written and the effort I would have to put in to writing with perfect gramer against each other, On the scale from 1 to 10 how stressful is reading what I write? I do need to take time and make everything appear correct by soceitys standards of a proper educauted writeing, But will me focusing on the letters make me loose my inspirations at the important times I am trying to speak? I am not being paid to produce correct gramer, In all honesty what persentage of my writeing is hard for you to understand, or totally unleadgeable? babbeling symbols without any meaning? I will make the text match my thoughts some day,I do need to improve it I just put it off why i dont know...I need to do it for me and so it appears nice to others.
Little boy blue

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 Sep 27, 2011
Any updates on Shawn Grim? Where is he now?
Bahahaha

Barbourville, KY

#23 Sep 27, 2011
Betterdaysahead wrote:
<quoted text>You see God made each person for a reason and when you try to confourm someone to your self you cant there is something wrong aobut it, I dont like to change people when you have a rare breed leave em be Oh the intelligent ones they are the worst people in the world fart sniffers that Dianna sawyers should have to move in with the Grimms Dianna Grimm and live

in that trailor On 20/20/20 we have a stranglove
affair on 20/20/20 tonight fourmer 20/20 talk
show fall in Love with a Jethrow bodean we call
it Life saver Life saver Lollie Pop, Tonight the
story that started on 20/20/20 comes back to
20/20/20 as Miss Diana Grimm explains the way
she fell in Love with small town poor boy football
play/road side coal miner shawn Grimm and her
strange taste for Lollie pops , Dianna Sawyer
Grimm can be seen rideing around in the holler
with her new found Lover Shawn in his red
Chevrolet truck her roots of her hair is now black
with greasy bleach blond tips in pony tails with a
lollie pop in her mouth where she once had teeth
one of 20/20/20 becomes love struck comeing up
this hour on 20/20/20 parody comedy hope the
best for all God bless.
You must be glowing with green because I can tell jealousy is ALL over you !! Lol
Mandy

Old Lyme, CT

#24 Mar 16, 2012
trololololo wrote:
The truth is:
when he was at Union, all he tried to do was play up the poor ole pitiful me story. Union gave him a meal plan, and when he went to eat in the cafe, he would get crap like boiled eggs, and crackers, and what "hillbillies" would eat. Union's cafe has all sorts of food, and he just acted poor and pitiful.
He was pathetic - seriously. Just acting the part like everybody else around here to try and get more sympathy.
What about the people who work their arse off to get in school? What about the people who are at Union right freaking now, this semester, who work two jobs to pay the rent, but maintain a 3.5 GPA or better?
I know they are there because I go there too, and guess what, I work two jobs and my GPA is 3.8. I just don't care about stories like Shawn Grim's anymore. It does nothing to show how the hard working people in the are doing the best they can to make something of themselves.
Seriously, no one cares about your poor ole pitiful me bull crap anymore.
Maybe he just picked out food that he liked! All kinds of people rich and poor eat hard boiled eggs, and possilby even crackers. LOL!
Wondering

Christiansburg, VA

#25 Mar 17, 2012
Any other updates on Shawn Grim? I wish 20/20 would give us an update on these precious children.
Jenn

United States

#26 Mar 24, 2012
I just watched 20-20.... If I had the money I would help shawn grim. I'm not a kid. I'm in my 50's... You young people are so judgemental in your statements. When you have children of your own, you won't see this the same. How sad that it takes a lifetime to have compassion and empathy. The poor pitiful me syndrome is the same as the "rich syndrome". If it's all you know, then it's just all you know. I hope he makes it out of there.

Jenn
heavenlydays

United States

#27 Jun 5, 2012
After watching Hatfield & McCoys it brought to mind Shawn Grim's story. It was located in Appalachia also. As another post stated, I too wish 20/20 would update these stories. The last informatin provided was that Shawn Grim had left school and was back living at home.
Certainly the majority of us would like to hear how he's doing - hopefully, well.
asdfasd

Russell Springs, KY

#28 Jun 8, 2012
Thought about this as well. I wish he had not of been a drop-out.
angellol

Preston, UK

#29 Sep 3, 2013
I can't believe I wasted my time reading these comments. How about you focus that energy you use putting someone down into your own lives. If people did that they wouldn't bother making derogatory remarks about a person they really know nothing about.
trololololololo

London, KY

#30 Sep 6, 2013
Yea.. nice to see this brought back to life. I graduated with honors for the record in 2009. I think it is worth mentioning that while he was at Union he tried to play up the poor pitiful me card all the time, and it pisses me off that you all buy it.

He ate stupid "typical Appalachian hillbilly" food in cafeteria, a place that offered about 5 kinds of different meals. A really nice home cooked meal, sub sandwiches, and even pizza custom made for you.

He got his food gave to him, and decided to get things like boiled eggs and bologna and crackers.. in my opinion to make a scene. He ate typical poor people food to get noticed so people would feel sorry for him.

Like I said in 2008, no one was buying it anymore then, and he ended up dropping out. I find it highly offensive that anyone gets on television and portrays us as anything other than hard working intelligent people. Shawn portrayed us as pitiful, ignorant, hillbillies. When he got a free education, and free food what did he do? He tried to play up even more sympathy.

I had to work two jobs, and pay my own bills. I graduated top of my class, and I work 1 job now. You won't hear stories like mine on the television, and people don't help me out. You may ask why, its because I am smart as a tack, and successful. I don't play the part of someone who just can't make it. Shawn Grim did exactly that.
Eye of a needle

Manchester, KY

#31 Sep 6, 2013
My new dog is sharp as a tack, She knows how to beg, stay on command, sit and stand on it's back legs and (BARK ALL NIGHT)!!
wereq

Cleveland, OH

#32 Jan 9, 2014
...everyone that dogged shawn will die soon..haha
wereq

Cleveland, OH

#33 Jan 9, 2014
shawn is Jesus..connection...those that dog him....die SOON.DEATH...HAJAHAHA....JESUS ..
wereq

Cleveland, OH

#34 Jan 9, 2014
BAD LUCK....AND FAST DEATH...2 ANTI SHAWN....PEOPLE..HA U DIE..
Eden

Brisbane, Australia

#35 Aug 17, 2014
Its obvious that you've never left the area where you were born...as you appear to be totally ignorant of basic human idiosyncrasies. Have you ever wondered why we still eat steak with fries and gravy when its an old traditional European dish? Its because our forefathers ate only what they were familiar with and passed that recipe on down to us! I suggest you visit a foreign country, say India for instance and you'll find yourself seeking out and eating mostly the foods that you grew up with. Now please get off that pedestal that you're teetering on!
trololololololo wrote:
Yea.. nice to see this brought back to life. I graduated with honors for the record in 2009. I think it is worth mentioning that while he was at Union he tried to play up the poor pitiful me card all the time, and it pisses me off that you all buy it.
He ate stupid "typical Appalachian hillbilly" food in cafeteria, a place that offered about 5 kinds of different meals. A really nice home cooked meal, sub sandwiches, and even pizza custom made for you.
He got his food gave to him, and decided to get things like boiled eggs and bologna and crackers.. in my opinion to make a scene. He ate typical poor people food to get noticed so people would feel sorry for him.
Like I said in 2008, no one was buying it anymore then, and he ended up dropping out. I find it highly offensive that anyone gets on television and portrays us as anything other than hard working intelligent people. Shawn portrayed us as pitiful, ignorant, hillbillies. When he got a free education, and free food what did he do? He tried to play up even more sympathy.
I had to work two jobs, and pay my own bills. I graduated top of my class, and I work 1 job now. You won't hear stories like mine on the television, and people don't help me out. You may ask why, its because I am smart as a tack, and successful. I don't play the part of someone who just can't make it. Shawn Grim did exactly that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor west ousted by city's employees !!! 8 min I heard 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min HistoricallySpeaking 132,271
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 34 min Adam 22
Is Jesus a Zombie? 2 hr Mitt Romney 8
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 2 hr LoL 8
Rats?? just wondering 2 hr pacman 6
Everybody shits everyday (Jul '09) 3 hr they_r_Evil 12
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 12 hr Will 53
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info