haunted places in knox county
well

United States

#144 Jan 6, 2011
It's not ghost or anything like that..its just been bad luck every pet i get is found in my frount yard dead its just strange odd and end things that just does'nt add up and it just makes me wonder i can't help it.. Don't get me wronge the people here are super nice i've never had a problem with that..but i've never had such bad luck in my life..then i find out about the man that was hung right here were in my yard were i live it's just weird.. was you'r granny the little lady that had a used clothing store along time ago if so she was one of GODS best angels a heart of gold i use to come in the lane and buy from her if it's the same person i'm thinking of!
whow

Dyer, TN

#145 Jan 6, 2011
Well listen to this, I have a sprit in my house that cleans up the up stairs bedrooms and this No joke it really does I dont feel threatened by it being here I wonder who it was or is,,
say what

United States

#146 Jan 6, 2011
that would blow my mind!!!!!!!!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#147 Jan 6, 2011
whow wrote:
Well listen to this, I have a sprit in my house that cleans up the up stairs bedrooms and this No joke it really does I dont feel threatened by it being here I wonder who it was or is,,
Please send them over to my place....

#148 Jan 6, 2011
well wrote:
It's not ghost or anything like that..its just been bad luck every pet i get is found in my frount yard dead its just strange odd and end things that just does'nt add up and it just makes me wonder i can't help it.. Don't get me wronge the people here are super nice i've never had a problem with that..but i've never had such bad luck in my life..then i find out about the man that was hung right here were in my yard were i live it's just weird.. was you'r granny the little lady that had a used clothing store along time ago if so she was one of GODS best angels a heart of gold i use to come in the lane and buy from her if it's the same person i'm thinking of!
Yep.. That's the one.. Nuther Mommy... One of the Great Ladies of the Mountains and a fixture of the area for over a Hundred Years...
well my goodness

United States

#149 Jan 6, 2011
OMG.I've heard a young girl with blondish brown hair, very pretty, kinda tale and slim come in the store when i was there a couple of times that called her Nuther Mommy that was probley your familey because she would always hug her and away she would go,it's a small world if there was more people like that women this world would be a much better place..like i said before she was a ANGEL she loved everyone and you could'nt help but love her back..

#150 Jan 6, 2011
well my goodness wrote:
OMG.I've heard a young girl with blondish brown hair, very pretty, kinda tale and slim come in the store when i was there a couple of times that called her Nuther Mommy that was probley your familey because she would always hug her and away she would go,it's a small world if there was more people like that women this world would be a much better place..like i said before she was a ANGEL she loved everyone and you could'nt help but love her back..
Hey all the young girls in our family are Purdy... And the men Ruggedly Hansom.... Just ask any of em...;)
heard that

Elizabethtown, KY

#151 Jan 6, 2011
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey all the young girls in our family are Purdy... And the men Ruggedly Hansom.... Just ask any of em...;)
You must be a member of my family plus we all have great personalites.
KILLer

United States

#152 Jun 28, 2011
omg really
Saying

London, KY

#153 Jun 28, 2011
well wrote:
Maybe you need to put out some food and water for your pets and they might live a little longer.
I BELIVE

United States

#154 Jun 29, 2011
hey ghost girl we own a farm here in knox co that is really bad they are moaning sound's you get touched they are three light's that float around they are thing's that happen that no one can explane.they are time's when your sitting in your car that the door's lock and you cant get out for about twenty min.if you would like to visit please contact me
just me

Prestonsburg, KY

#155 Jul 13, 2011
I believe me and a few of my friends are into the hauntings and ghost experiences we would love to visit your farm how could we get in contact with you.
mike

United States

#156 Jul 13, 2011
I a ghost at the fish hut the other day. lol
just saying

Tomball, TX

#157 Jul 14, 2011
For those who don't believe in ghost need to do the research. If you google what the Bible says about ghost it will change your opinion. The Bible has many references to ghost. One of my favorite is were Jesus is walking on water. I'm not going to post them do the work for yourself.
Pixie

Brodhead, KY

#158 Jul 14, 2011
believer wrote:
Well its like this I believe that not everyone can see spirits,I'm almost fifty and I have seen a few in my life its a gift to see them and its a bigger gift to be able to talk to them, that is what I thank and as far as the college it use to be the place were they hung convicts back in settler times before the court house so that might explain the lights..
This is very true I am 58 and have never seen a spirit but my daughter can see them but she would not call it a gift it scares her badly...she was visiting a friend once and stayed over night and woke up and an old lady was standing by her bed holding a telephone out to her. I ask her what she did and she said are you kidding I covered up my head. I told her the old woman probably just wanted her to tell someone something for her. I believe spirits do have unfinished business and can't move on til it is done. My daughter is also a very sensitive person and a lot of times knows beforehand when someone is going to call her.
countrygurl

Georgetown, KY

#159 Jul 14, 2011
Im not sure if anyone already posted this because I didnt read all the posts to find out... but Warfield Cemetery is suppose to be one of the most haunted places known in kentucky, let alone knox county. If you are intrested and dont know how to get there, I would be glad to give u directions, or you can google it and it will show you on a map.(What cant be googled these days?) LOL. Anyway, me and my son are going to check it out this week sometime... I live in Corbin now, however I have been a knox county citizen all of my life and have never got to go to this one! The things they say about it are unreal! They say that once you go through the gates, if you will or can get out of your car and start walking through the cemetery, a loud set of footprints will follow you, and you get an uneasy feeling of someone waking heavily behind you. The faster you walk, the faster it will walk. If you stop, it stops. If you stomp it stomps. The only way to get it to stop is to walk outside the gates or return to your car, and the ghost disappears immediately!Ive heard that for some reason, it will never go beyond the cemetery walls.(or at least it is unheard of for it to go any further.) It's almost like it is confined or trapped inside the cemetery and can walk with you no further than the front gate! Weird huh? And very spooky! Although I am excited to see if it will follow me... at the same time I am scared that it will! I would probably crap my dang pants!!! LOL. I have also been told that there is no certain night or hour of the nite that this ghost will follow you. It has happened every day of the week and all hours of the night! I have never heard that it has to be dark either... I just assume that it has to be. All the stories I have heard about say that their experiences have happened after dark. For those of you that have family resting in this cemetery, you have probably done experienced it. I think if I did have family resting there, I would wonder who the ghost is and why it was doing it. Maybe it is more than one ghost? It would be a comfort it if was family. Maybe it would even make itself visible to a family member or loved one. But since I dont have family in there that I know of, it would be scary as crap! At the same time, it is almost sad. My reason for saying this, is because they say that people who die and their ghost haunts, it usually means that they have unfinished business with someone or to do something before they can rightfully rest. I have also heard that ghosts are surrounding us at all times, but only a select few can see them, feel them, or make contact. Most ghosts dont make themself visible, they just move things, knock things down off the walls, moan or cry, or are heard walking or pacing the floors, and especially up and down stairs and stairways. My parents have a ghost, or ghosts, and it has done all kinds of crazy things. It moves things around all the time causing family disputes between my dad, mom, lil brother and me. Then just when you think whatever you are looking for is gone forever, you will walk into the room to find it laying in the most obvious places. Places that you know for a hundred percent that the item was not or had not ever been. At first we thought one or the other of us was doing this to each other to make all of us feel like we was losing our ever loving minds! But over a period of years, we see now that it was the ghost we have. Weird things like a bottle if perfume, or the toothpaste, or a flashlight, ect. It crossed our minds to think that it was the house it was haunting. But a few years ago our house burned down and we put a new house back in the same spot the other one was. It didnt go away. If anything it done things more frequently and did new things! So it seems that its the land it is haunting. It is absolutely crazy. I also have a feeling that it is not casper... a friendly ghost! It seems to be the ghost of someone who belongs to satan. Thats whats so scary!!!!
Pixie

London, KY

#160 Jul 15, 2011
judy wrote:
yep, the story about the old hospital is true...
people working clean-up after it was closed heard metal clanking...and a humming noise andother noises coming from the trauma area in back
So many people die in hospitals so it would stand to reason some might stay there. My own father died in the old Knox County Hospital..one of the worst days of my life. I don't know if his spirit is still there but every time I drive by there I think of him and wonder.
Pixie

London, KY

#161 Jul 15, 2011
ArtemusFella wrote:
I just dont see cemeteries being haunted. Think about it.. people dont die in cemeteries.. they go there "After" they have died.
No people don't die in cemeteries for the most part and it's only their body that is burried think about it. The spirit can move about if it wants to is what I think there is no body to hold it anymore. My grandson was 2 years old when his grandfather passed away and he was playing on the floor and looking up and his mother heard him say papaw and then said where are you going papaw...then he asked his mother where did papaw go. I think his papaw was checking on him...
scarygirl

Mayfield, KY

#163 Oct 16, 2011
ok i dont know if anyone beleives in ghosts but after 4 days ago i know i aint crazy.ok.i was on my way to barbourville to go to my old abandoned house up bullrun.ok when i got there i went back to the back room.i started to get chillbumps.so i went back out of the room.and when i went in the living room and turned back to the back room.and i saw what looked like a black shadow.so i thought,maybe it was my imagination.but when i turned around i thought well if it is my imagination it would still be there.but when i turned around it was gone.i didnt know what to think.

“The Virtue of Selfishness”

Since: Dec 09

The Office.

#164 Oct 16, 2011
This Topiz forum is haunted with stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thieves in bimble... 29 min Inside info 26
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Trump voter 813
Looking for Kenny Saunders (Aug '16) 1 hr Fact 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Devil number 666 165,728
Where were you back in the 70's? 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 16
Moonshinemafia deleted 1 hr Lmbo 1
Oger, where have you been? 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 5
Police and Ambulance 6 hr Big bear 109

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages