Pro Janice Barton

Murray, KY

#21 Sep 2, 2010
My name is not Janice, my name is Judith. If you have ever worked at IBG, I'm sure you know me. Just who are YOU?
I agree

Middlesboro, KY

#22 Sep 2, 2010
amazed wrote:
let me tell u people something a have worked for this company for a long time and i gave 110% regardless of what u think about janice barton there are several knox county families without work....looks to me like if some of u people that worked there in the past would have worked a little harder and not spent so much time on topix maybe the company would have lasted. u cant blame one person for this mess. most of the 20 workers that were left at infinity were friends and we all have children. please stop bad mouthing this company and let it go. we have enough to deal with
Amazed i agree with you i worked for infinity for a while and i loved it.. i am truly going to miss everyone there and miss my job. I dont think there is 1 person to blame. i mean look at our economy.. anything could have happened. i am glad i worked there for as long as i did ..... people that are getting on here bad mouthing people are stupid and1 mad because they didnt know how to do their job and got fired. its over with now. Everyone needs to shut up.
who cares anymore

Middlesboro, KY

#23 Sep 2, 2010
Everyone on here is stupid ... if you dont know anytime that someone Write in janices first and last name it sends her a post with your ip address she had to do this due to previous post on topix. Janice is a wonderful person and i really enjoyed being an employee of hers.
Corp office worker

Lexington, SC

#24 Sep 3, 2010
I Knew It wrote:
It is official; Janice Barton destroys everything she gets her hands on! Infinity Business Group has shut the doors! At least the former employees will get their unemployment. They truly deserve it!
I worked for IBG for years in the corp office, justice is on the way for all the people who only wanted to line their pockets with our money.
Shareholder

Matthews, NC

#25 Sep 13, 2010
Don't feel too sorry for Janice Barton becasue rumor has it that she along with other IBG management had planned to jump ship & signed on with another check company in Florida before the actual bankruptcy filings were ever made & are in the process of diverting all of IBG's old business to this new company which of course is against every bankruptcy law ever written. I am definitely not a lawyer but isn't that stealing assets from the IBG shareholders & creditors that were left behind? Maybe that is why they were in such a big hurry to run the company into Chapter 7 Bankruptcy even though there were hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenues still coming in that could have been used to save the company. I heard that they were running from creditors by filing the way that they did.
CONCERNED

Somerset, KY

#26 Sep 13, 2010
Would this be with Bill Vanhoven?
Just a thought

Barbourville, KY

#27 Sep 14, 2010
There was a lot of wrong doing going on with this company and the demise was bound to happen sooner or later.
eddie

Middlesboro, KY

#28 Sep 14, 2010
Janice is working in Somerset.
want to know

United States

#29 Sep 14, 2010
eddie wrote:
Janice is working in Somerset.
Doing what??
enf

London, KY

#30 Sep 27, 2010
Where ever Janice decides to work will no longer be a good working enviorment for employees she is awful and if she can't find work then she got exactly what she deserved.
No Name

Rock Hill, SC

#31 Sep 30, 2010
Hey: I had a return check that this company was supposed to process for me on 8/30/10 to pay out of my checking account so I can clear it up but I cannot reach anyone. Of course none of the phone numbers work now. I don't know how to pay for my check now.

Do the local papers advise people what to do who have a matter to clear up?
Common Sense

Hazard, KY

#32 Sep 30, 2010
Common Sense should tell you to contact the merchant you wrote the check to in order to clear up your check. I your check was to be re ran on 8-30-10 you bank should be able to tell you if your check was run or not.
a must read

Robbins, TN

#33 Oct 2, 2010
hey everyone this is why infinity business closed

http://www.etranzpartners.com/

this is wade and brad cordells new company.. they stole tons of money from ibg to open this company
The good one

Barbourville, KY

#34 Oct 3, 2010
So whats the name of Bryon Strugill and Bob Catoe's new company if you know so much? All the blame cannot be placed on these men because many more had their hands in the pot.
Not shocked

Columbia, SC

#35 Oct 4, 2010
a must read wrote:
hey everyone this is why infinity business closed
http://www.etranzpartners.com/
this is wade and brad cordells new company.. they stole tons of money from ibg to open this company
They opened ETP 6 months before they were fired from Infinity AND RAN IT UNDER THE SAME ROOF WHILE STILL WORKING FOR IBG.
Not shocked

Columbia, SC

#36 Oct 4, 2010
The good one wrote:
So whats the name of Bryon Strugill and Bob Catoe's new company if you know so much? All the blame cannot be placed on these men because many more had their hands in the pot.
I don't know, what is it? There's 9000 Plaintiff's that want that information for their bankruptcy suit.
The Real Deal

Dallas, TX

#37 Oct 5, 2010
We have been watching this very close. There is a lot of guessing with no facts going on in this blog. Here are the facts as we know them:
1. It is true the Cordells and Blevins were removed for questionable dealings.
2. Catoe and Sturgill are not in business together nor have they been.
3. Sturgill left the company with a statement to the board that they were a useless board and incompetent. He also had developed a plan to save the company which the board turned down and then tried to use when he left the company.
4. There was a hidden agenda with a small group made up of individuals from London, KY., Charleston, SC. and Mississippi. They wanted the company for themselves.
5. Newberry, Lyle and Beasley were yes men to Leake. Their constant careless action as board members was as damaging to the company as the Cordell group.
6. VanHoeven nor anyone else is moving business. The court does not allow such action, but businesses can move their own if contracts permit.

We are aware that people have gotten hurt due to these actions and we are one of those. The last fact we will share is the company did a recission offering in 2006. If you had purchased stock before this offering and did not accept this offering, then you suffered no damages and have no suit against anyone because you had a chance to make money and did not take it. We are one of those and have been advised we have no legal action we can win. We will answer any question that we can and have information to support. If you have one just post to blog and we will answer if we can.
no name

Rock Hill, SC

#38 Oct 5, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
Common Sense should tell you to contact the merchant you wrote the check to in order to clear up your check. I your check was to be re ran on 8-30-10 you bank should be able to tell you if your check was run or not.
Yes, common sense did tell me that... I already did that and the merchant is no help because the check has not been turned back over to them and no, it has not cleared my bank.
Common Sense

London, KY

#39 Oct 5, 2010
If the check was returned it will be on the merchants bank statement or they can call the bank and they will tell them about the check. The bank can also print off a check 21 for the merchant in order for you to take care of this. I hope this helps.
The good one

Barbourville, KY

#40 Oct 5, 2010
It is true that the Cordells and Blevins left for their questionable dealings and those of us on the inside know exactly what happened with that situation. Sturgill has opened his own business and is operating in Lexington Ky so please check your facts on that. I was told that he was in business with Catoe and Rawl, if that's not true then the information given to me was incorrect.

A lot of innocent people lost their jobs because of poor management and bad decision making on the board's part. No one really knew what was going on in the Barbourville office which was the "heart" of the company and no one really wanted to know the real facts. Employees being asked to lie on a day-to-day basis, covering for supervisors and management even to the point that certain employees couldn't talk to Bill or anyone from the South Caroline locations or the terr. owners.

We all lost a lot when this company closed but if everyone would have paid more attention to the finer details then we wouldn't be in this situation. IBG was a great company who got driven into the ground by the useless idiots who controlled it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min What if 136,561
Check drawers 1 hr TRUTH 17
Preacher Lonnie Jarvis 3 hr How About 2
Stephen trace 3 hr gator 2
Tickles 3 hr gator 2
Little Alvin Hubbard running scared !!! 3 hr Banker 7
The Lesters 3 hr gator 4
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]