|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

bloke wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe the distinction here is that a 'rat' in this context means someone who turns others in to avoid their own charges. Not just some random civilian, but a criminal. Not a police officer doing his job, but someone who can't handle the time, though they're happy to let others sit it out for them.
Hope that clears it up for you.
Wonderfully typed ... cudos to you ... Glad someone knows what they are talking about on here .
Mark LaPalme

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

If I know of a drug dealer Ill tell to save someones life from being killed by that dealer. Call it what you will , Im not afraid. Oh and ohhhh call us names rats hahahahah how childish.
By the way real name live in danville and not afraid.
Come on

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

I think rats are a good thing. If you are not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. I wish more people would stand up for what's right and bring those people who lie, steal, cheat, and do/sell drugs out into the light. I'm sure those who are being wronged would appreciate it.
well

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

who did clay rat on
vote

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Come on wrote:
I think rats are a good thing. If you are not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. I wish more people would stand up for what's right and bring those people who lie, steal, cheat, and do/sell drugs out into the light. I'm sure those who are being wronged would appreciate it.
I agree. The problem is this, when people who rat out the dealers in order to get a lesser sentence, they are risking their lives. Then the dealers, meth manufact. and thieves go to court and most get a slap on the hand and most are repeat offenders.
So the informant has just risk his life for what? Need to change the laws in Ky.
Rumors

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Paranormal Glare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Guys will do anything for a hot girl ;)
Are you a hot girl?
sad

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

NO shes just a big old hillbilly, with long sringy hair
Rumors

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

sad wrote:
Only her hair dresser would make such a claim. Do you straddle her when you lob her bangs off?
Paranormal Glare

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

sad wrote:
Lol, yeah right. Trust me, I don't have a problem getting what I want. So say what you want out of jealousy.
Rumors

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Paranormal Glare wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, I don't have a problem getting what I want.
Please elaborate! Better yet, do you have pictures?
U R right

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Hmmm wrote:
I have a question. What is the difference in a person ratting on a drug dealer, and a cop busting a drug dealer? Either way, people are sharing info to stop illegal activity. If an average citizen turns in a criminal you call him a rat. If a cop busts a criminal by going undercover, nothing is said. It makes no sense. Why would you not be out to get the cop like you would the so called rat? Please explain.
You would think that people would be glade drug dealers are busted in what ever fashion that it has to be done in and to call some one a Rat...say's one thing to me you are either a Drug Head or a Drug Dealer..My Lord drugs kill people doesnt anyone care about that part????I just lost a good friend to a drug over dose :'(..... so i dont give a damn how a dealer gets busted as long as the job gets DONE!!!!!
for real

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

U R right wrote:
<quoted text>You would think that people would be glade drug dealers are busted in what ever fashion that it has to be done in and to call some one a Rat...say's one thing to me you are either a Drug Head or a Drug Dealer..My Lord drugs kill people doesnt anyone care about that part????I just lost a good friend to a drug over dose :'(..... so i dont give a damn how a dealer gets busted as long as the job gets DONE!!!!!
Thats just it a dealer gets busted and then they rat on the next guy for doing the same thing or in many cases less than what they were doing and are let off and go back to the same thing that they got busted for so why should the guy that got busted be let go just to get the next guy well it is just to make the police agencies number of bust look good
haha

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

most of the rats are pillheads looking for a fix so the sheriffs dep. offers them money to rat drug dealers but what are they gonna do when they cant get drugs because they have ratted everybody out its called the food chain and you might as well get used to it. One drug dealer falls and two more pop up in his or hers place its been like that forever and will always be that way they couldnt change it then and they sure as hell cant change it know!
U R right

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

for real wrote:
<quoted text>Thats just it a dealer gets busted and then they rat on the next guy for doing the same thing or in many cases less than what they were doing and are let off and go back to the same thing that they got busted for so why should the guy that got busted be let go just to get the next guy well it is just to make the police agencies number of bust look good
well i really dont know that much about how all of this truely works when it comes to dealer getting caught and getting out of trouble by telling on otheir dealers to get their on ASS out of trouble (BUT)i will say this if thats what is going on it's not right and it should stop because if you commit the damn crime YOU SHOULD DO THE DAME TIME AND THE COPS SHOULD EARN THEIR DAMN MONEY WITHOUT USEING DRUG DEALERS THAT SHOULD BE IN JAIL THEIR ON DAMN SELF...this is so upseting to me to know that a drug dealer can can caught and then get out just by simply turning in some one...no damn wonder they dont care to get caught... Hell(THEY HAVE A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT)
the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Most of these little gangster want a bees up here that's like 25 and under are rats tell on people for samething they do you all are from barbourville ky not from the hood or even from a big city you are from a hick town in ky if you can't do the time don't do the crime you act like a bunch a little kids grow up
mule

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

the truth wrote:
Most of these little gangster want a bees up here that's like 25 and under are rats tell on people for samething they do you all are from barbourville ky not from the hood or even from a big city you are from a hick town in ky if you can't do the time don't do the crime you act like a bunch a little kids grow up
A rat is a rat
Red

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

mule wrote:
<quoted text>
A rat is a rat
joe ore is in jail in laurel county. he was most likely the biggest rat in this town. look where it got him.
Dah

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Hmmm wrote:
I have a question. What is the difference in a person ratting on a drug dealer, and a cop busting a drug dealer? Either way, people are sharing info to stop illegal activity. If an average citizen turns in a criminal you call him a rat. If a cop busts a criminal by going undercover, nothing is said. It makes no sense. Why would you not be out to get the cop like you would the so called rat? Please explain.
The kind of rat they are talking about are the rats that party with people and are just as guilty Then they get caught with/doing the same thing and tell on all their friends and send them to jail while they are still out doing as they please. A whole different ball game!
U R right

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Dah wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of rat they are talking about are the rats that party with people and are just as guilty Then they get caught with/doing the same thing and tell on all their friends and send them to jail while they are still out doing as they please. A whole different ball game!
Well i must say i have learned alot by reading this and a couple otheir posts on topix about drugs as well as about rats....It is shameful to say the least now i understand why people are called RATS..No one has the right to deal in drugs ect.and have a get out of jail free card no wonder drugs are so bad if you think about it UNITE is just making it worse (by busting some one that has done wronge)then turn around and set them free because they are willing to tell on some one for the same thing they just got busted for..NOW JUST HOW DAMN SMART IS THAT...makes me wonder why they bother to bust anyone at all..because they are just going around in circles and we all know you get NO Were when you do that but hey i guess they have to get a pay check some how dont they..I use to think UNITE was a good thing now i truely have to wonder..I guess to keep from looking bad they have to do something because after all fokes they are waisting our TAX dollars by playing cat and mouse/RAT with drug dealers while all at the same time we have people dieing from drugs every day!WoW what a great job they are doing...The law needs to be changed...No one walks and everyone pays for their CRIME!!Tell me i'm not right because it's sure what it looks like to me!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Yes and Amen 130,453
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Mitchisahero 1,075
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Reality 151,030
Tommy golden 1 hr one who knows 29
Travis slushpup 4 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 8 hr yep 15
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••