Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81765 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97962 Sep 3, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>AW,

I love it. That was a great idea. Yeah, I was around in those days too. I used to think it was ridiculous when my partner would have to type out a tape for the message we were going to send on the TeleType machine and THEN feed that tape in once we established a connection with the remote end. But, it did type fast THEN....:-)

Rick
AW.. That punching in extra holes... Love it!! That's the sort of thing I would do also! "Do not fold, staple or mutilate" yep. That too.

Yes, the end is very near. Just about every prophesy in Revelations has been fulfilled. Doesn't the Bible also say that in the last days people will be crying out for Jesus to return to get his people out of this evil world ? The pressure of all the evil will be so great...
sister

London, KY

#97963 Sep 3, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
AW.. That punching in extra holes... Love it!! That's the sort of thing I would do also! "Do not fold, staple or mutilate" yep. That too.
Yes, the end is very near. Just about every prophesy in Revelations has been fulfilled. Doesn't the Bible also say that in the last days people will be crying out for Jesus to return to get his people out of this evil world ? The pressure of all the evil will be so great...
The end is near.....so we have been told by you. Who and how would you know this? I have personally been hearing this all my life and im sick of it, unless your God I don't wanna hear it cause you do not KNOW !!!!! Im 60, so really it is getting old. You aint seen sufferin yet.

Location hidden

#97964 Sep 3, 2014
sister wrote:
<quoted text>The end is near.....so we have been told by you. Who and how would you know this? I have personally been hearing this all my life and im sick of it, unless your God I don't wanna hear it cause you do not KNOW !!!!! Im 60, so really it is getting old. You aint seen sufferin yet.
You're so right ....we "ain't seen sufferin yet". Please don't take my word for it. Just simply read about it yourself. You're right, I don't KNOW but I do know what the Bible says and if you don't believe the Bible, I have no objection to that either. I'm older than you and, like you, I realize that in the whole scheme of things a hundred years or so isn't really long. Looking back over my life I realize how short "60" years really is. Wow! Seems only yesterday I was asking Mom for the big box of crayons for my school supplies! Lol.
Open Mind

Pekin, IN

#97965 Sep 4, 2014
I think it has something to do with HAARP if you don't know what that is, google it.
Granny

Frankfort, KY

#97966 Sep 5, 2014
Very interesting

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97971 Sep 6, 2014
Granny wrote:
Very interesting
Granny,
If you Google HAARP conspiracy theories it will help you learn "fact" from "fiction". It can't do half the things it is given credit for.

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97972 Sep 6, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so right ....we "ain't seen sufferin yet". Please don't take my word for it. Just simply read about it yourself. You're right, I don't KNOW but I do know what the Bible says and if you don't believe the Bible, I have no objection to that either. I'm older than you and, like you, I realize that in the whole scheme of things a hundred years or so isn't really long. Looking back over my life I realize how short "60" years really is. Wow! Seems only yesterday I was asking Mom for the big box of crayons for my school supplies! Lol.
Anne,

I had the great privilege of taking MY GRANDSON, now 5 years old, to several stores ( Including Toys R Us) for school supplies. Two typed pages! The school specified (4) boxes of 24 Crayola Brand crayons so we got those but also the big (64) crayon box with the built in sharpener on the back! Ya' gotta' have a sharpener!

I don't know who enjoyed Toys R Us more, me or him. I showed him a $100 dollar bill and he knew what it was. And I explained "taxes" to him, that those helped to pay policemen and sometimes, teachers. He had singles and combo's picked from aisle to aisle. He finally settled on a BIG R/C Ford F150 and a smaller "spider car".

Also got to go the next morning with my son and his wife to take Grayson to his first day of Kindergarten. Wouldn't have missed that for the world. I am a big, rough and tumble guy, but I think I had as many tears in my eyes as his Mom & Dad. I never would have believed I could be so silly over a "grandchild". My wife was the same way. At 61, I am blessed that my Mom & Dad are still alive and healthy and they must have spent 5 minutes over each picture that we took. What a great memory to have stored.
just observing

Winchester, KY

#97973 Sep 6, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Anne,

I had the great privilege of taking MY GRANDSON, now 5 years old, to several stores ( Including Toys R Us) for school supplies. Two typed pages! The school specified (4) boxes of 24 Crayola Brand crayons so we got those but also the big (64) crayon box with the built in sharpener on the back! Ya' gotta' have a sharpener!

I don't know who enjoyed Toys R Us more, me or him. I showed him a $100 dollar bill and he knew what it was. And I explained "taxes" to him, that those helped to pay policemen and sometimes, teachers. He had singles and combo's picked from aisle to aisle. He finally settled on a BIG R/C Ford F150 and a smaller "spider car".

Also got to go the next morning with my son and his wife to take Grayson to his first day of Kindergarten. Wouldn't have missed that for the world. I am a big, rough and tumble guy, but I think I had as many tears in my eyes as his Mom & Dad. I never would have believed I could be so silly over a "grandchild". My wife was the same way. At 61, I am blessed that my Mom & Dad are still alive and healthy and they must have spent 5 minutes over each picture that we took. What a great memory to have stored.
Grand kids make us young again!
I've been meaning to tell you I found Apple Cider Vinegar pills
All the health and diabetic good- no choking down the liquid.

Location hidden

#97974 Sep 7, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Anne,

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Toys R Us! That school supply list can be long but I don't think we've ever had two typed pages and ours hasn't ever been brand specific, thank goodness ! My g'kids are 6th and 7th this year so no crayons for them. A stylus, screen cleaners, "germ x" hand cleaner. These things were never on my school supply list. Just crayons and paper and paste. Lol. But the backpacks are less bulky with the iPad instead of actual books. "Sigh" Makes my bookcases totally obsolete.
Now, that R/C truck... On my Christmas wish list is a R/C bird!! We just attended the Airhogs fly in and one of the guys was playing with a R/C bird. Loved it..(Can't say they will ever replace all those dead birds at Paducah though, lol). And get this, they used a drone with a camera to take pics of the crowd and the fireworks!

Location hidden

#97975 Sep 7, 2014
just observing wrote:
<quoted text>Grand kids make us young again!
Heeheehee... They sure keep us busy! And that, in turn, keeps us young-- or wears us out! I do quite a bit of traveling with my two oldest. One summer we "explored" several caves in our area. Then we've hit the amusement parks. This summer we seemed to travel to the doctors office at least once a day and sometimes 2 or 3 times. No fun there. Poison Ivy, physical therapy, dentist, orthodontist, sinus infections, chiropractor, 3 emergency rooms .. And more. tough summer but we all survived.
I'm going to check out those apple cider vinegar pills. A couple times in the past I tried to start taking the apple cider vinegar but a dose or two is all I could handle.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97978 Sep 8, 2014
just observing wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... and where / what is your source? I finally found the vinegar (with Mother) a good while back, mixed it with several different things, drank it on down but ..........no change. I may just may try the pill,........well..!! Loretta Lynn did! LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97979 Sep 8, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
The end as we know it might be near the end, but in the long term it is only the beginning of ever lasting life. I do not particularly worry about Revelations or even Nostramus, but rely on John 3:16
George

Indianapolis, IN

#97980 Sep 8, 2014
I like birds and birds like me.

Location hidden

#97981 Sep 9, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>.......... and where / what is your source? I finally found the vinegar (with Mother) a good while back, mixed it with several different things, drank it on down but ..........no change. I may just may try the pill,........well..!! Loretta Lynn did! LOL
Lol!! Mississippi man's goin' on the pill.
Heeheehee

Location hidden

#97982 Sep 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The end as we know it might be near the end, but in the long term it is only the beginning of ever lasting life. I do not particularly worry about Revelations or even Nostramus, but rely on John 3:16
Yeah. That and Acts 2:38

Good morning !! Wonderful weather around and about!
disgust

Hopkinsville, KY

#97984 Sep 10, 2014
There are certain things in the world that are not explained. That's OK. Why rant about something we have no control over? Better use of time would be expedient here. Be prepared and stock up food and supplies great but be quiet and diligent about it rather that gossip and talk. In any event we have no control over it so let it go
yea

London, KY

#97987 Sep 10, 2014
I don't want to be mad any more
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97988 Sep 10, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Granny,
If you Google HAARP conspiracy theories it will help you learn "fact" from "fiction". It can't do half the things it is given credit for.
with so many ads, this is the last post I can see although I know there are more because they list in the index. Pitiful, not hardly worth the effort to try to see this thread.
Anonymous

Evansville, IN

#97989 Sep 10, 2014
What happened to all the birds?
meankitty

Oak Grove, KY

#97990 Sep 10, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Where did you see that birds were found dead in western Kentucky? I'm not finding that story anywhere.
I can tell you where in Caldwell co. I just moved into a brand new home in a nice neighborhood no meth or anything being made here . within the first 2 days 20 something birds dropped dead in front of my house. now there could have a loose wire on the ele. pole but I never saw the eletrice man climb any poles near here within a 3 week period. saw u can draw your own conclusions to this I just let it go and said a few extra prayers .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles Arthur Wombles II (Mar '14) 3 hr sick 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Lacresa 137,713
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 3 hr tards on animals 3
Go fund me scams 3 hr Hillybilly DNA 5
Whose the best unemployment hearing lawyer arou... 4 hr Wondering 1
Anna Gail Collins 5 hr for sure 2
Mountain Advocate 8 hr KLS 4
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]