Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,786

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#97790 Jul 9, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected and I do appreciate it. I've always thought that it resembled the Roman architecture so much and just figured.......oh well. The older I get the less I like to travel, whether it be driving or flying. The Belle and I did vacation in Jamaica twice some 18 years ago. But your decription of that area does sound inviting. BTW, has Greece gotten out of its financial and political upheaval yet? They rather upset the international bankers!
It's odd, but I haven't heard anything on the news, lately, about Greece's financial woes. I do know that, when we were there, you could see black smudges, here and there, from Molotov cocktails that were thrown during the demonstrations. I know there still must be problems, but maybe Europe sent them some money, or something. That's what happens when you try to turn a whole country into a "worker's paradise." Still, it you and The Belle should ever get a chance to go there, please go! You will never regret it. Our cruise started in Rome, and then made stops in Sicily, Crete, Turkey, and Greece, and it was a dream come true, for anyone who ever read Greek literature, and mythology. Have a wonderful day, my friend!
gogetter

United States

#97791 Jul 10, 2014
Poor birds
Anne 52

United States

#97793 Jul 10, 2014
The trips sound wonderful! We've not been to Greece but it sounds like quite an adventure. We did enjoy Germany, France, 30 minutes of Italian highway -- crazy drivers, Austria, Switzerland and little Principality of Lichtenstein. We have been to Nashville several times and have seen a lot of things there but there's a lot we haven't seen there., mostly Nashville is a city we drive through to other southern destinations. I do not enjoy I65. A person has to really pay attention to drive that busy road. Now the western part of I80.. Well, just put your automatic pilot on and set back and nap ( not really.. Lol)
The holiday traffic this past week was a real bear to be in, especially with all the road construction. A minivan pulling a small trailer -directly in front of me, lost control leaving crazy skid marks in both traffic lanes and ended up in the median headed the wrong direction. He discovered the importance of having brakes on those trailers !! So did I. Hmmmm, see, I can learn from others mistakes.. Better Half, did you read this? Lol
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#97800 Jul 11, 2014
Anne 52 wrote:
The trips sound wonderful! We've not been to Greece but it sounds like quite an adventure. We did enjoy Germany, France, 30 minutes of Italian highway -- crazy drivers, Austria, Switzerland and little Principality of Lichtenstein. We have been to Nashville several times and have seen a lot of things there but there's a lot we haven't seen there., mostly Nashville is a city we drive through to other southern destinations. I do not enjoy I65. A person has to really pay attention to drive that busy road. Now the western part of I80.. Well, just put your automatic pilot on and set back and nap ( not really.. Lol)
The holiday traffic this past week was a real bear to be in, especially with all the road construction. A minivan pulling a small trailer -directly in front of me, lost control leaving crazy skid marks in both traffic lanes and ended up in the median headed the wrong direction. He discovered the importance of having brakes on those trailers !! So did I. Hmmmm, see, I can learn from others mistakes.. Better Half, did you read this? Lol
Anne,

As someone whom drives I-65 a lot, I am in total agreement with you. From here I have to go to Lexington and pick up the Blue Grass Parkway. I have, long ago, driven completely across the Parkway without seeing another vehicle. It's busier now but not nearly like I-65. When you hit the Southbound lanes it's like All Hell Broke Loose. Always a wreck, most often KSP is out in force as is TSP. We used to live in Huntsville, AL (5 different times) and Nashville became our second home. I know every bar, restaurant, club and dive and there are lot's of all of those. It is a fun city and I had the largest concentration of clients there than anywhere in the SE USA. Dollar General HQ, Tractor Supply HQ, Cracker Barrel HQ (out in Lebanon) Lifeway Christian HQ, United Methodist Publishing House HQ and even Brach's Confections over in Chattanooga. I never failed to leave there without a backseat full of every candy you know they make. I had all of those as clients for 20+ years and got to be their sole source for Computer Equipment like servers/storage/Network Switches and you name it. HP, IBM, Cisco, EMC, etc., They were not too happy about me retiring in May but, 35 years is a long career in that business. I still have to help Dollar General, I built their huge datacenter and know where all the cables are under the floor,,,:-)

Great memories, except for I-65!
Anne 52

United States

#97805 Jul 11, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Anne,

As someone whom drives I-65 a lot, I am in total agreement with you. From here I have to go to Lexington and pick up the Blue Grass Parkway. I have, long ago, driven completely across the Parkway without seeing another vehicle. It's busier now but not nearly like I-65. When you hit the Southbound lanes it's like All Hell Broke Loose. Always a wreck, most often KSP is out in force as is TSP. We used to live in Huntsville, AL (5 different times) and Nashville became our second home. I know every bar, restaurant, club and dive and there are lot's of all of those. It is a fun city and I had the largest concentration of clients there than anywhere in the SE USA. Dollar General HQ, Tractor Supply HQ, Cracker Barrel HQ (out in Lebanon) Lifeway Christian HQ, United Methodist Publishing House HQ and even Brach's Confections over in Chattanooga. I never failed to leave there without a backseat full of every candy you know they make. I had all of those as clients for 20+ years and got to be their sole source for Computer Equipment like servers/storage/Network Switches and you name it. HP, IBM, Cisco, EMC, etc., They were not too happy about me retiring in May but, 35 years is a long career in that business. I still have to help Dollar General, I built their huge datacenter and know where all the cables are under the floor,,,:-)

Great memories, except for I-65!
Lol. I live within minutes of I65 and sometimes at night I hear the traffic . Aggravating. I took a short stroll under the moon and down the drive past the pond just a few minutes ago and all I heard were the bullfrogs so its a good night!
Huntsville, huh? My sister retired from teaching there. The guy that jogged past their house every morning noticed their for sale sign and ended up buying the house. She now lives in a small town in West Virginia that's famous for Mothman. That's a strange story!
We moved to the same city 3 times , not your 5 times to Huntsville though, lol. At last count we've lived in 19 places. 5 different states --both ends of the Mississippi River and both sides of the Ohio River, plus wyoming. Needless to say, I know how to pack and move and I don't want to do that again, period.
sad

Winchester, KY

#97807 Jul 12, 2014
I don't like birds it put me mind of the movie

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97812 Jul 15, 2014
Good morning!
Busy week around the homeplace. We're all getting ready for the reunion and its mow, mow, mow and clean, clean, clean! Whew! I'll be glad when the day finally arrives and I can quit all this! Hope everyone had a wonderful fourth and staying cool in this hot weather.
Sam

Stanford, KY

#97821 Jul 20, 2014
Ad's killed the birds. What a shame.
Tollesboro Guy

Nicholasville, KY

#97822 Jul 20, 2014
Sam wrote:
Ad's killed the birds. What a shame.
Sam,

I run a Chrome browser with "Ad-Aware" extension enabled so I never see a single ad. It's great and it's all free. Give it a shot, great stuff. I got so tired of M$FT and IE.

Rick
Lovely

United States

#97826 Jul 21, 2014
Dead birds
Sue Nomy

Oak Grove, KY

#97827 Jul 21, 2014
Love birds.
Lol

Louisville, KY

#97829 Jul 21, 2014
Word
Lol

Louisville, KY

#97830 Jul 21, 2014
Bird lova ya heard
Freaky

Stanford, KY

#97833 Jul 22, 2014
Sue Nomy wrote:
Love birds.
Birds totally freak me out.
Wise Guy

Glasgow, KY

#97844 Jul 23, 2014
Guys please stop saying this is a sign the end is near. We have been having these signs for years stop acting like its something new. There is a reasonable excuse both biblical and scientific because they both are one. Science doesn't disprove the bible it backs it up. Every time someone poops sideways there are people crying end of times. Stupid people these days. Smh
but now

Wooton, KY

#97845 Jul 23, 2014
most all followers of the bible, do agree that this earth age is close to winding down.the first age had a set time limit ,this second age we are in has a set time limit.the 3th earth has a set time of 1000 yrs.when you can tell the age is coming close is when ever thing in that age is almost finished.Christ give examples of the last days happenings.in this earth age he said no one knew the day or hour.but the season.is easy figured out.he said when you see the things written come passed you know the time is near.he gave a good sample of the planting of the fig tree the fig tree was Israel becoming a nation again.that happened in 1948 he said this generation would not pass until all other things were fulfilled .now one thing is for sure it was not the 40 yr generation he spoke of.but it you read and follow closely he gave a good example when he said ever man should live 3 score plus 10 no we know a score is 20 yrs.so 3 score plus 10 that's 70 yrs.i think that's the generation he spoke of.so if this is the one then its up in 2018.the one other spoken of in the old bible was 120 yrs.the reason i think it could be the 70 yrs its the one Christ spoke of.if it was the 120 yr generation then in 2068 would be the time.so its got 4 yrs ,or 54 yrs. one.
i know

Elkhorn City, KY

#97847 Jul 23, 2014
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
Scary
sad

Prestonsburg, KY

#97848 Jul 24, 2014
So sad about the birds dying
night

Bowling Green, KY

#97853 Jul 28, 2014
for real?
hillian

Olive Hill, KY

#97857 Jul 29, 2014
When did this happen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min think about that 134,255
looking for a three bedroom for rent!!! 1 hr citizen 11
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr 40ish 3,742
who thinks john Bryant should come out of the c... 5 hr truther 1
Who is the best looking guy that works at Burge... 8 hr customer 34
Megan 8 hr Jeff 2
My new hat. 8 hr Cornbread Taliban 9
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri JJR 69

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at February 27 at 4:36PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search