Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81703 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Sometimesanut_14

United States

#98126 Oct 8, 2014
wow wrote:
Well if you go by the bible then it would mean the 7th seal has been broken and the end of times are near.If you by science there is a reasonable explaination for the birds dying.Myself I think there is something going on here that will end up being explained.I think it is strange how ever that dead birds in 3 states and dead fish being found on the shores.The crazy weather pattern,volcanic activity,earthquakes,tornados in the middle of winter.Makes you think.
They call it H.A.A.R.P. not sure I believe sounds far fetched,
Pollo Royal

Lynn, MA

#98130 Oct 8, 2014
Big Stevie wrote:
Women produce only few large eggs and must spend years of their lives growing embryos in their bodies and then nurturing the resulting babies.
Men, on the other hand, produce millions of tiny sperm each time and need investing nothing more in a potential offspring than the effort on an ejaculation.
Women will behave in ways that encourage men investment after impregnation (protection, feeding, economic wealth, and subsequent child care), whereas men would rather wonder right often in search of other mates in a never -ending quest for maximal genetic spread.
And this is not a joke.
I for one believe what is have been said here and now I am going to entice everybody I know (meaning the ones with the embryos) that I volunteer to to a genetic spree any time any where for free.
easy a

Dickson, TN

#98131 Oct 8, 2014
Was big bird with them when they fail out of the shy?
mwfd

Mount Washington, KY

#98132 Oct 8, 2014
wow
herb A list

London, KY

#98147 Oct 11, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about that . But if we go back to the "good old days" we would die young for lack of health care and all that hard work with few, if any, safety regulations. Bottom line: We're gonna die at our appointed time.
Au contraire mon frere we only must go back far enough to learn herbal remedies. Big pharma would so hate that, but we would likely be healthier. No fructose, no sugar, no evaporated cane juice (wonder why they are ever trying to squeeze there sugar in on us) is a huge step on the way to health. If we had know that in our teens we wold be in right fine shape I'll warrant.
Commentor

Charlestown, IN

#98148 Oct 11, 2014
Life would suck without sugar. They don't force people to stuff their face with crap and drink mt dew. It's a choice

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#98151 Oct 11, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. You can sure throw it
My last couple months have been kinda rough. 4 emergency rooms--twice in an ambulance11- Hopefully
Hopefully I'm over all that med
herb A list

London, KY

#98152 Oct 11, 2014
Commentor wrote:
And u would be in shape if u got off your azz and worked out.
The mind creates fear, worry, guilt, regret, sadness, envy, greed, hate and all other mind-made, negative feelings you receive. These uncontrolled emotions are creating all the misery in the world. You just have to realize that they are not real/true, and they will disappear. Why live with pain and suffering that is just created by the mind?http://www.truthcontest.c om/entries/the-present-univers al-truth/big-picture-life-pres ent.html
billsappy

Mount Sterling, KY

#98156 Oct 13, 2014
Bird flu???
eboli

Wooton, KY

#98157 Oct 13, 2014
billsappy wrote:
Bird flu???
animals and birds and insects fleas bed bugs all these can carry it .
Not Yet Panicked

Jeffersonville, IN

#98159 Oct 14, 2014
eboli wrote:
<quoted text>animals and birds and insects fleas bed bugs all these can carry it.
It was nice of you to try to help. This is after all terribly disturbing subject matter, but your facts are incorrect. Well, to a certain degree anyway.

Read this link from the CDC, paying particular attention to bats and monkeys. Our domestic animals are safe. I say this cautiously, as the global outbreak of Ebola is in it's early stages yet. Bats are of a particular concern to me beings as we all live in a bat haven here in Kentucky. If the infection spreads, perhaps our bat population could become infected and from there who can foretell our futures with any certainty.

I live in a very rural area and have had bats actually hit my home during the night in search of bugs because bugs are drawn to the pole light, hence the bats are drawn to the bugs. I've found some dead from the impact. Not to mention the guano that would be on the ground, guano of course being their feces that is dropped as they fly at night. There is also an abundance of mice and rats in the woods who drop feces and urine as they pass through.

So for the time being, I'll be wearing full shoes, no flip flops, outdoors and then removing and leaving those shoes outside the door before I come back inside. I have always been good about carrying Purell or any of the other hand sanitizers and will be even more diligent when I go shopping, etc. Any alcohol based hand sanitizer has been said to be effective at this time. I'll also be more diligent about washing my fruits and vegetables. Here's why:

During overseas shipments, all manner of wildlife has already been proven to have made it into our country in the past. For instance poisonous snakes, spiders, rats, etc. It's not that far fetched to imagine an Ebola infected bat could somehow stow aboard a ship and somehow make it to our shores. You also have to take into consideration that many of the field workers in these other countries are rather uneducated when it comes to sanitation, hand washing, etc.

Is it possible for an infected farm worker from overseas to wipe his nose and touch our fruit, then spread Ebola? Use the restroom God only knows where, then not wash his or her hands and spread it to the produce? For that matter, how long does the Ebola Virus thrive on a surface? No one has said yet. Oddly though, they have been spending a great amount of time disinfecting the home of the nurse who just fell ill with Ebola. Even the sidewalk of her apartment building. The sidewalk! A sidewalk is also suspect of being able to harbor the Ebola Virus? Watch it on the news as they spray her building down in full protective gear, right down to the outdoor area.

I fear however that air travel between countries by human beings is going to be the biggest contributor of the worldwide Ebola outbreak. That's how we're going to contract this deadly virus if it spreads worldwide. I hesitate to say 'when' it spreads worldwide, but I certainly suspect that is about to occur. God help us all if it does.

Here is the link if you'd like to read up on it straight from the CDC website:
http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/qas...
U know who i am

Brandenburg, KY

#98166 Oct 15, 2014
I think they where all on bath salt...... I heard alot of folks say that they heard them squawking in a tree
dime n sion x

Mount Vernon, KY

#98177 Oct 23, 2014
U know who i am wrote:
I think they where all on bath salt...... I heard alot of folks say that they heard them squawking in a tree
no way you get the last post dont care.
ill tell

Wooton, KY

#98178 Oct 23, 2014
you something if the black plague was carried by fleas, and mosquitoes, then Ebola sure could .and the dog had it they killed it why? and they say that it don't kill animals but you eat one you got it.that how it started in Africa people eating monkeys.or that what i heard on a news cast.so if animals can carry it then that could put a heavy hit on the food chain.and the cdc. don't know ever thing about it no ways.they learning as they go.my opinion.but they think they new case in NY. sounded like he was in contact with plenty.the DR.who they think brought it back from Africa.he was in public for 10 days ,now that scary..
enlighten

London, KY

#98179 Oct 24, 2014
wake up and focus attention on what is now. stop making all this collective fear anger greed jealousy. time to wake up. we can no longer let thoughts rule. you say they shape your life? they make your life horrible. kill the ego, shrink the mind and recognize the soul inside, listen to that. have no more fear. so simple.
Susie

United States

#98180 Oct 26, 2014
I wasn't there I didn't sign the birth certificate. I'm not your dad. I hope you can realize this and for my five sisters quit causing trouble trying to act like somebody you're not don't you have enough of your own problems.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#98181 Oct 26, 2014
@susie, you sure you got the right man? hahaha
Susie

United States

#98182 Oct 26, 2014
You're just lucky I have five gullible sisters.

Location hidden

#98184 Oct 27, 2014
Susie wrote:
You're just lucky I have five gullible sisters.
Lucky indeed susie, lucky indeed..

Location hidden

#98187 Oct 27, 2014
Well, congratulations..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crystal melton (Nov '12) 7 min Weird 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Fun 159,558
Transgender Bathroom Discussion 5 hr Mary 11
Places for rent 6 hr Ready to Move 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 7 hr Doug77 1,482
Trump is doing great ! 8 hr Six pack Santa 28
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 8 hr Princess Hey 3,964
Shooting in Calebs Creek 14 hr Pam 4

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web