Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
81,401 - 81,420 of 81,600 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97445 May 20, 2014
I hope to get some corn planted before dark. I have about an 1/8th acre of sweet corn to plant.
Kentucky

Sarahsville, OH

#97446 May 20, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Tiptoe through the tomatoes, by the tomatoes , that is where I'll be... Come tiptoe, Sweet Polly, through the tomatoes with meeeee.
That's just plain silly !. Lol.
I did stick a couple tomato plants into a flower bed. One plant now has 3 tomatoes and the other has 2. Well, off to another day of busy work, putting out little fires. Have a wonderful day!
Lol Wolf :) I remember Tip Toe Through the Tulips sung by Tiny Tim on the Laugh In Show. Oops...showing my age.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97447 May 20, 2014
@Anne.. I did not get the corn planted, the ground needs more work. But I did set out 40 tomato plants.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97449 May 20, 2014
Kentucky wrote:
<quoted text>Lol Wolf :) I remember Tip Toe Through the Tulips sung by Tiny Tim on the Laugh In Show. Oops...showing my age.
"Told" my age too, didnt I ? Tiny Tim. Lol. Hadnt thought about him in a long time.

Location hidden

#97450 May 20, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Anne.. I did not get the corn planted, the ground needs more work. But I did set out 40 tomato plants.
40 plants!! That makes for a lot of tomatoes. I know you give a lot away but do you can them for soups and juice? I used to can green beans and tomatoes but haven't done that in many years. I still have jars and 2 pressure canners.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97455 May 21, 2014
I recently got word that another former regular to this thread has passed over and that reminded me that this 3rd Wednesday is when UNA got his check and went to the Dollar Store. R.I.P... Una and Lala

Location hidden

#97456 May 21, 2014
So sad. R I P

Thanks for letting us know, AW.
lol

Somerset, KY

#97457 May 21, 2014
hey bird lovas what it is. busy busy like a bee today. r and r much needed lol. i see some sand and ocean just around the corner. of course it will be pg since i'm going with my mom. however she still like to drink lol.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#97458 May 21, 2014
Hello Birdthreaders!:-)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#97460 May 22, 2014
Blue! Where on earth have you been? I've not been in here for a coons age either. So busy this spring getting things caught up that I barely have time to play around any more, haha!

How is your Dad? Things going okay for you all?

#97461 May 22, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I recently got word that another former regular to this thread has passed over and that reminded me that this 3rd Wednesday is when UNA got his check and went to the Dollar Store. R.I.P... Una and Lala
OH NO!!! Lala passed? When?
Man, that's not a good way to start the day out here....
RIP Lala.... Rest in blessed peace.

lI was thinking about Una the other day. He's the one who turned me on to Dollar Generals Decaf coffee brand, which is all I drink these days....

Wow, you just never know when your ticket is going to be pulled...
<3

#97462 May 22, 2014
BAD storm rolling iin. I better get outside and see where my chickens are. Hail is on the way. Don't want anyone getting bonked in their chicken heads by what they're saying is going to be half dollar size hail.

Talk to you all in a bit I hope.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97463 May 22, 2014
@Nope.. It stormed here 3 different times last night. At 9 pm, 1 am, and again at 4am and had the dogs all stirred up. Some serious stuff but it appears to be over now and the sun is out shining nicely.

I don't know too many specifics on Lala's passing except it happened a couple weeks ago per an email I got from another former poster. I do know she always maintained a positive attitude and would not want me to post anything negative even if I knew it. So I will honor that.

As for UNA, he liked to yank people's chain and it aggravated me at first when he was yanking other's chain, but nothing he posted regarding me personally meant much (nor does any other posters). I came to learn that we had a lot in common and actually came to like the old f.... I did not make it to Dollar General yesterday to honor his 3rd Wednesday, but I will go today. That is me.. a day late and a dollar short LOL (or as Una would say, a quarter superglued to a string for quick retrieval from the church offering LOL)

#97464 May 22, 2014
I agree about Lala. Nothing personal should go on this site anyway, in all honesty. I'm so sorry to hear about her passing though.

I did by some oddity happen into Dollar General yesterday. I had to pick up some things that were convenient enough to keep me from the long lines at Kroger.
(I started boycotting WalMart years ago).

I was just reading about your 'maters and new deck. Sounds awesome!! I have so many chores backing up on me here that I'll likely not get caught up until fall hits again, haha! No bother though. As long as the good Lord sees fit, I'll be around for a while yet to get things caught up.

I'll talk to you all later this evening. I've got a few things I want to get done now that the rain has stopped and it's nice and cool out there.

Singing out as:
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
(In honor of Una, hehe).
Alfred Quilty

Saugus, MA

#97467 May 22, 2014
I can recall as a young lad in grammar school that on every Memorial Day, Mr. Kelleher, a local fireman who was a Veteran of World One would come to our school and read the sad but historic poem, in
"Flanders Fields" by John McCrae.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row
That mark our place, and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are de Dead. Shot days ago
We lived, felt down, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Field.

Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high
If you break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Field.

World War One came to be known as "The Great War, the War to end all Wars.
The poem pretty well summarizes what happens in all wars; young men come forward with great courage and fortitude but too often pay the supreme sacrifice.

Lol

New Albany, IN

#97469 May 22, 2014
Good afternoon bird lovas and grizzly chickens and chicken heads lol. Busy busy.
lol

Somerset, KY

#97470 May 22, 2014
nite bird lovas. busy busy today with lack of sleep pretty much means a dive to the bed. zzzz

Location hidden

#97471 May 23, 2014
Good morning.. That was some kinda storm(s) passing through the other night. I should've gotten up to see the size of the hail but I didn't. The weather was turning nasty when I had shut the chickens up earlier that evening so I took a little extra precaution to be sure the door was more secure. For whatever reason I came down with a spring cold last night --I'll blame it on the weather changing.. Lol. Miserable miserable!

I read some of the thread back in Una's time but I'm fairly familiar with lala . RIP.
good to see Blueminer and NOPE. AW, I'm up early today ( just like youre an early riser, but its not of my choosing..drippy nose, sore throat, feverish. I made it through the winter just fine but it sure hit me now!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97472 May 23, 2014
@Anne.. IMO spring colds are worse than winter ones. With the coming better weather, one wants to do things but just don't feel up to it. I used to get soooooo aggravated, At work we would go 4 months without a Holiday and as soon as Memorial Day came, I would be sick. I never could get sick on THEIR time. lol

In over 40 years with the company, I think I missed maybe 5 days work. Once I drove a 30 mile commute in heavy snow and when I got to work, there was nobody there. People that just lived a few blocks from the office could not make it. I suppose any excuse is better than none. lol

I hope your sniffles go away soon.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97473 May 23, 2014
Alfred Quilty wrote:
I can recall as a young lad in grammar school that on every Memorial Day, Mr. Kelleher, a local fireman who was a Veteran of World One would come to our school and read the sad but historic poem, in
"Flanders Fields" by John McCrae.
The poem pretty well summarizes what happens in all wars; young men come forward with great courage and fortitude but too often pay the supreme sacrifice.
As a teen, After high school I worked a couple years as a soda jerk at the local drug store. Every day an old WW1 veteran would walk to town with a double set of walking canes and purchase 2 packs of Smoke-no-Mor tablets and 2 packs of non-filtered cigarettes. I suppose he was addicted to both.

What we sometimes fail to honor are those Veterans that make it home without having paid the supreme sacrifice, but then continue sacrificing for the remainder of their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min Username 1,551
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min DITCH HARRY 151,286
I am Wiki Hillbilly ask me a question 42 min gator 2
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 1 hr No clue 12
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr hmm 1
What time does IGA open? 2 hr bagger 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Khatru 130,549
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs