Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,772

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97378 May 12, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, AW! Now, now , if Sweet Polly's grown kids hog that pew I know you'll be happy for her! Lol
I was more happy about the fact that they did not. LOL

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97382 May 13, 2014
Good morning!! Just look at that sun!! That grass will be jumpin' today! Lol. This yard of mine would look so much better if it were cut twice a week but I doubt that will happen!! I think when better half retires we will start using two mowers at a time. Lol. I know you early risers have already done a half days work by now fueled by coffee and donuts lol but I'm just now headed out for breakfast... Say.. My aunt was treated to a meal at Claudia Sanders the colonels widow) restaurant. Auntie says the food was fantastic! Anyone else been there?

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97384 May 13, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Good morning!! Just look at that sun!! That grass will be jumpin' today! Lol. This yard of mine would look so much better if it were cut twice a week but I doubt that will happen!! I think when better half retires we will start using two mowers at a time. Lol. I know you early risers have already done a half days work by now fueled by coffee and donuts lol but I'm just now headed out for breakfast... Say.. My aunt was treated to a meal at Claudia Sanders the colonels widow) restaurant. Auntie says the food was fantastic! Anyone else been there?
No, but I'm up for it. Where are they located, which states? Kentucky I would hope, isn't the Colonel from KY?

Tollesboro Guy

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#97385 May 13, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>No, but I'm up for it. Where are they located, which states? Kentucky I would hope, isn't the Colonel from KY?

Tollesboro Guy
There's only one that I know of.. Shelbyville ky. Closed on Mondays . Open for lunch and dinner. The colonel is "historically "from KY.... That's where he made his millions.. But he's a Hoosier, Born in henryville Indiana. His cousin started Lees Famous Recipe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97386 May 13, 2014
WIT2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one that I know of.. Shelbyville ky. Closed on Mondays . Open for lunch and dinner. The colonel is "historically "from KY.... That's where he made his millions.. But he's a Hoosier, Born in henryville Indiana. His cousin started Lees Famous Recipe.
No, it was the Colonel's nephew that started Lee's. The Colonel took a job with Standard Oil company and started selling chicken out of a service station in Corbin Kentucky. You are correct on Claudia's restaurant location and the Colonel's birthplace. I believe the Colonel's wealth came mainly from franchising.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97387 May 13, 2014
Some of the biggest thrusts forward for KFC came under former Kentucky Governor John Y. Brown, jr and Dave Thomas of Wendy's.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#97388 May 13, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, it was the Colonel's nephew that started Lee's. The Colonel took a job with Standard Oil company and started selling chicken out of a service station in Corbin Kentucky. You are correct on Claudia's restaurant location and the Colonel's birthplace. I believe the Colonel's wealth came mainly from franchising.
Ya' got me on that! I knew it was his nephew but simply typed in cousin. For sure he made his fortune AFTER his retirement .

Location hidden

#97389 May 13, 2014
Whew! Long day here! On that KFC: we've done that a couple times in the last month... Free cake right now with a bucket of chicken and we've chosen lemon each time. Good choice for us! There's generally a good buffet at the KFC but one buffet in, hmmmm, Illinois, I believe ... Anyway, they have a huge buffet with many vegetables and other kinds of meat besides chicken. Only kfc buffet like that i guess! Wonderful buffet.
That last cold snap did some bad damage to my knock out roses, so today i trimmed the dead wood from the bushes. Looks much better! Just need to figure out where to burn those thorny branches. They sure can hurt!
George

Paris, KY

#97391 May 14, 2014
is awesome
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97393 May 15, 2014
Around here, there are no buffets at KFC,...none, period. I've eaten at a very secluded Chinese buffet but did so with some reluctance. But their food was super-b! But at a KFC,.......nope.......too many coughing, sneazing kids been in that line.(I'll make no mention of color!) Besides, their x-tra crispy has lost a lot of its crisp! When the Colonel was alive, that stuff was great and the housekeeping was perfect. He saw to it, I guess.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#97394 May 15, 2014
That comedian said his sister got one of those belly rings and he guessed it was so they could hook a chain to her and drag her away from the buffet. lol

I recently went to a restaurant where the wait person had one of those nose studs. When she asked what I wanted, I replied that I did not want anything from a person that looked like they had a big booger hanging off their nose.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#97395 May 15, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Besides, their x-tra crispy has lost a lot of its crisp! When the Colonel was alive, that stuff was great and the housekeeping was perfect. He saw to it, I guess.
Is it just me or is the gravy not as good as it used to be?

Location hidden

#97396 May 15, 2014
Good morning!!

@ MM.. Our KFC is clean so I do eat there occasionally. That one in Illinois was great! Pot roast, fish... Couldn't hardly believe they had more than chicken lol the place was packed out when we stopped there!
@AW... I hate those "boogers" hanging out from the nose. You had the guts to say something . Yes!
@ qwerty . That gravy is bad. I don't care for the mashed potatoes either, so I avoid both. Love the cole slaw though.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97398 May 15, 2014
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it just me or is the gravy not as good as it used to be?
Yeah, seems like the gravy used to have a good, strong, flavorful taste to it. But I will agree with Anne. With enough salt and pepper, the slaw isn't bad,....for commercial stuff. LOL (this is too early in the A..M. for me.)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97399 May 15, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, seems like the gravy used to have a good, strong, flavorful taste to it. But I will agree with Anne. With enough salt and pepper, the slaw isn't bad,....for commercial stuff. LOL (this is too early in the A..M. for me.)
Buffet at Lee's seems better including the gravy. I don't care for the extra crispy chicken at either place. I don't know for sure but I have been told that the extra crispy is made with crumbled corn flakes. It is not too early for me, I have already driven 60 miles round trip and loaded up a truck full of used lumber and it is just now noon and time for Gunsmoke. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97401 May 16, 2014
It seems like winter just won't give up. lol

Location hidden

#97403 May 16, 2014
Can you imagine ! 55* the middle of May!! To cold to even go to yard sales! On the positive side of things--we're not shoving snow.

Not yet anyway.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#97407 May 17, 2014
A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me... They must be Gods!

A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me... I must be a God!

Location hidden

#97408 May 17, 2014
Great day! Just a little cool but its a wonderful Saturday!!
Thanks for the joke! Cute... Especially to those of us with cats and dogs.hmmm, its not a joke, is it? Just plain facts of life! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97410 May 17, 2014
It is said that women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just have to accept it. I suppose that is why me and Dog live without either one. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr SLY WEST 478
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 1 hr jack 6
is frankie? mills decent about breaking horses?... 1 hr lol 4
Flea Market Pups 2 hr instructor 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Rights 133,241
Barbourville City Cemetery Question? 2 hr GM Retired 1
dinky phipps 2 hr literally 27
To the Garland family 23 hr Elvis 16
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match