Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97664 Jun 21, 2014
@ Anne..........well,,....you caught this guy right where it hurts! But tell me, what's with the vinegar & salt mixture for kill'n weeds?. Really,.....does it actually work and what's the "mixing ratio?" I've gotta try this one since I'm currently paying 1/2 of Round-Up's salary. Oh, yeah, does it work on grass as well? And what kind of vinegar?(lotta questions, huh?)
Anne 52

Paris, TN

#97667 Jun 23, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne..........well,,....you caught this guy right where it hurts! But tell me, what's with the vinegar & salt mixture for kill'n weeds?. Really,.....does it actually work and what's the "mixing ratio?" I've gotta try this one since I'm currently paying 1/2 of Round-Up's salary. Oh, yeah, does it work on grass as well? And what kind of vinegar?(lotta questions, huh?)
Oh how I wish I remember the ratio!! Regular vinegar... The gallon jug of course. But the amount of salt I don't remember . Was there water added into the mix? AW, maybe you remember ?? Someone posted it on here and I don't remember who . I used it on the grass and weeds growing in my driveway and it turned it brown pretty darn quick! Sure beats that $$$$ price tag of roundup !
Anne 52

Paris, TN

#97668 Jun 23, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Just googled the recipe :

1 gallon WHITE vinegar
1 cup table salt
1 tablespoon Dawn dish washing detergent.

Mix well. Put in spray bottle . Works best when sprayed on grass/weeds on a hot sunny day.
justhow

Wooton, KY

#97670 Jun 23, 2014
how in the world did a topic about birds get over 81k comments that's crazy
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97674 Jun 23, 2014
Anne 52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just googled the recipe :
1 gallon WHITE vinegar
1 cup table salt
1 tablespoon Dawn dish washing detergent.
Mix well. Put in spray bottle . Works best when sprayed on grass/weeds on a hot sunny day.
Thank you, Anne. I'm gonna try this as soon as I can get The Belle to buy a gal. of vinegar. She already thinks I'm a little shy of a load! But we already use the Dawn soap and, of course, salt is no problemo!! Gotta watch the weather, I guess, make sure the rain don't wash it all off the grass, dandelions & platinum in the gravel. But it's 30 - 50 % chance all this week.
stomp ire

London, KY

#97688 Jun 24, 2014

Settle down now Sibil.
DEA nerds all over the world news "Syria" comments man, no mistaking them. What is Israel up to now?
Take care people.
Anne 52

United States

#97690 Jun 24, 2014
Beautiful day, rain and all!
When I used the vinegar mix, I also sprayed a section of weeds in another area with roundup . The roundup area stayed weed free longer but both worked for me. Lower Price can make up for difference in time.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97691 Jun 24, 2014
Anne 52 wrote:
Beautiful day, rain and all!
When I used the vinegar mix, I also sprayed a section of weeds in another area with roundup . The roundup area stayed weed free longer but both worked for me. Lower Price can make up for difference in time.
I remember reading a good while back on the RoundUp label that it actually goes down into the root system of plants and kills from there. Maybe the vinegar, etc. mix does not actually kill the weed but rather stunts it. That may explain the difference in growth time. But I've got lots of time to experiment.

@ Wolf..........how ya do'n man? It appears that you really let that advertisment effect you that you were hyped up about. I did enjoy reading whatever you had to say. Miss ya!
Imposter

London, KY

#97692 Jun 24, 2014
I sometimes like to use big words that I dont quite know the meaning of. I guess I think it makes me look photosynthesis.

AW I pretty much quit this whole t opi x shebang because of the same add-crapola problems you are having. They have advertised themselves tight out of another person fooling around on here, watching their adds. I dont think it makes very good business sense to have a bucket-load of adds and no one seeing them....
Glad you're still kicking and still posting, glad you all are still kicking....and posting.
I might be back in a month or two, Lord willing.
Good night.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97693 Jun 25, 2014
this silly thing tries to restart in the middle of posts. It is only this site, I am fine thanks for asking
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97694 Jun 25, 2014
I am surprised it even let me post this time. You folks have a good day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97695 Jun 25, 2014
@Imposter.. I am thinking that photo-sin-thesis is an article about ... well you know.. LOL

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#97696 Jun 25, 2014
They have loaded this site up with all this animated crap, and other commercial junk, and it takes forever for it to load!
Imposter

London, KY

#97699 Jun 25, 2014
Like the Vampire said this place has went to...... the birds.

I think its a redirect add bumping us back to the first page and yes, it is quite annoying.

If they dont clear this up I will see you guys again (figuratively speaking of course) in years instead of months. I cant type this fasyt for long.

AW you broke the photosynthesis one way too fast. Have you ever considered a position as an information analyst? May you be just as sharp as a happy centennial and beyond. Good day to you and ..so long compadres!
Anne 52

United States

#97701 Jun 25, 2014
Hello, strangers! Sure miss everyone and hope the ads go away soon!

Crazy bird story: I noticed some ants in the living room floor and needed to spray. I was afraid to leave the cockatiel in the room so I put him and the cage out on the deck. I sprayed the ant killer and took a quick shower. As soon as I finished I heard quite a commotion out where I left the cockatiel ! I ran to the door and both the cockatiel and the cage had disappeared !! I found The cage out in the yard on its side and the bird was squawking and flapping its wings afraid for its very life! I looked up and there were the two guilty and sheepish looking cats peeking around the corner of the house. My four ladies had heard the commotion and they came running as fast as they could run to check out the crime scene! Four hens with their heads/necks stuck straight out and their little legs just churning away!! Lol!!

That was one crazy minute!
full blown country

Chrisney, IN

#97706 Jun 26, 2014
There were a WHOLE bunch of dead silver and big heads (for those of u that don't know what they look like look up silver carp or big head carp on Google) were found on the banks of the Tennessee river near the Kentucky dam

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#97720 Jun 27, 2014
Imposter wrote:
I sometimes like to use big words that I dont quite know the meaning of. I guess I think it makes me look photosynthesis.

AW I pretty much quit this whole t opi x shebang because of the same add-crapola problems you are having. They have advertised themselves tight out of another person fooling around on here, watching their adds. I dont think it makes very good business sense to have a bucket-load of adds and no one seeing them....
Glad you're still kicking and still posting, glad you all are still kicking....and posting.
I might be back in a month or two, Lord willing.
Good night.
I traveled through your neck of the woods this week on business. I should have stopped in for lunch! Hope everyone is doing well---

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#97721 Jun 27, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am surprised it even let me post this time. You folks have a good day.
Yes, I simply stay off Topix with few exceptions because of the annoying interface. But wanted to say Hello
Imposter

London, KY

#97724 Jun 27, 2014
Hi missE!
I wish you would have stopped in...I had possum shanks and dandy-lion greens covered in gopher gravy - with white lily buttermilk biscuits to clean up the sop with!
Grandpa Jones would have said MMMM MMMM.
Not to mention the best turned sweet apple cider this side of the Cumberland river to wash it down with.
It sure would have been good to have some in person company.

And oh yeah T opi x has ruined itself with adds, I bet the whole business falls under before long. How can you sell add spots if no one is there to see them?
I was having a sort of a bad day and that is a rare occurrence for old imposter...but you fixed that! So good to see you missE I hope you are doing well pretty girl.
Good night.
Imposter

London, KY

#97725 Jun 27, 2014
@MissE The next time you come by here do stop in and rest a while I have plenty of room, seriously, now that I thought about it I have to wonder why you didn't email me and at least come by for an hour or two. I would have behaved...probably, and whats more I am getting cabin fever and here it is summer time. Sad aint it?
Lonely is a bad place to be MissE. Oh well, dont let it happen again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
house cleaner wanted 12 min justin 1
warfield cemetery (Sep '11) 19 min Poltergeist paran... 10
Kimmie Kim 23 min peacelily 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 151,915
Whose the 2 guys at Sav a lot all the time? 2 hr Wondering 6
Who do I make complaint to about ER registratio... 2 hr Wilchec 13
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 6 hr Hmmm 9
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 7 hr Voter 50

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages