Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,632

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96710 Mar 30, 2014
hello wrote:
@Mississippi Man how is that toe of yours doing? Much better I hope!
First,.....thank you so much for asking. It is a lot better, still soaking it every night in Epsom Salts and changing the bandage. Will see the Doc Tues. week. But I'm out and about and doing as I want to pretty well. I'm sure ya all have been plagued with them as well and it is nothing short of amazing how something that little can hurt so BAD when they cut,......but they sure are FAST, I mean. Wow.......they gotta be.!.LOL.

You have probably said but where in Florida do you live? I've been only to Fort Walton Beach so I don't know much about your state at all. You got any 'gators or those big "wrap-around-breed of snakes near you?
Anne52

United States

#96718 Mar 31, 2014
What a day!! Judging from
The silence on here I'm guessing absolutely everyone had a busy day! This weather is just too good and it feels wonderful to be outside! The neighbor guys put the barn quilt on the barn this evening and I do believe it looks good!! They seemed to like it and that's a good thing because it faces their property! Lol!! Grand kids are back in school after a great week at their dads. It's good to have them back though!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96720 Apr 1, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
What a day!! Judging from
The silence on here I'm guessing absolutely everyone had a busy day! This weather is just too good and it feels wonderful to be outside! The neighbor guys put the barn quilt on the barn this evening and I do believe it looks good!! They seemed to like it and that's a good thing because it faces their property! Lol!! Grand kids are back in school after a great week at their dads. It's good to have them back though!!
The silence in here is because the fruitcakes are also busy digging post holes LOL

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#96722 Apr 1, 2014
Hi, I am new to this thread- I am from "up north" originally but have lived in East TN/SE KY area for around 18 years.

My life is far from dull but no one would believe me if I told you why. Haha.

I am looking forward to opening up this freezing cold building for the Big Warm Up. My bones have been too cold for too long.
Anne52

United States

#96724 Apr 1, 2014
UghWhoIsItThen wrote:
Hi, I am new to this thread- I am from "up north" originally but have lived in East TN/SE KY area for around 18 years.

My life is far from dull but no one would believe me if I told you why. Haha.

I am looking forward to opening up this freezing cold building for the Big Warm Up. My bones have been too cold for too long.
Hello, it's been rather silent around here lately, but the core group is a nice bunch of friendly people. To join in just be congenial... So, you've got my interest with your "life is far from dull" etc. lol. Anyway, hope you have a great night !
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96725 Apr 1, 2014
@ Anne........Say, have you been ignoring the last portion of my post #96684? Just try'n again. And you can still tell me to..........
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96726 Apr 1, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne........Say, have you been ignoring the last portion of my post #96684? Just try'n again. And you can still tell me to..........
Not Anne, but that post got deleted from my screen.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#96727 Apr 2, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Not Anne, but that post got deleted from my screen.
I don't see it anymore either....

Thanks,
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96728 Apr 2, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Not Anne, but that post got deleted from my screen.
I think that the Mods are human also and sometimes things not intended get tossed aside with molded fruitcakes. LOL Another fine day to be working on outside projects with only a slight chance of rain. Good day to all....
Anne52

United States

#96729 Apr 2, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
*sigh* I didn't find it either .... What was your question? Oh, my crazy life? I remember you asking about that and I did answer.. Really lol! Better half works in different locations. He spent a couple years about 750 miles from home. For now He's only 5 hours from the house. That's much better. Yes I can travel and move around with him and that is rather fun. I enjoy the different towns and festivals. It's a rather crazy life and pretty nomadic. But I've stayed busy at home.. Well, I was general contractor on the house and I try to Keep up with maintenance . My "important" fun things are my g'kids, the rowboat, 4 hens, and traveling. I'd like to say I can do it all, but that's far from the truth:-(
Yesterday? We moved about 600 paving blocks from the trailer to a pallet --by hand , and pulled some log cabin logs onto the trailer and then quit for the day to start after school family life . Today? No hard labor other than laundry and dishes lol
Anne52

United States

#96730 Apr 2, 2014
Hello everyone! FYI, I still can't get this iPhone to do right so I'm going through the topix app which uses an old registered name. That's why my name is not blue and the avatar isn't there. The app doesn't show the posting number etc.. So it's very limited! Yesterday was wonderful, wasnt it? Hope all of you have a great day!
Anne52

Owensboro, KY

#96734 Apr 2, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think that the Mods are human also and sometimes things not intended get tossed aside with molded fruitcakes. LOL Another fine day to be working on outside projects with only a slight chance of rain. Good day to all....
Had a little rain earlier but it finally stopped and its pretty warm now!! Yay! Maybe, just maybe, its going to be a beautiful spring!
Anne52

Madison, TN

#96735 Apr 2, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see it anymore either....

Thanks,
Hello! Hope you've been enjoying this fine weather!! Took a whirl around the pond and its perfect out there. I do need to buy some pond chemicals :-( for unwanted weeds! Later....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96736 Apr 2, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a little rain earlier but it finally stopped and its pretty warm now!! Yay! Maybe, just maybe, its going to be a beautiful spring!
No rain here and I have been out tearing down a 12 by 18 foot deck and bringing home a flat bed trailer load of used decking, posts, and joists to rework and add to my own deck. I recycle just about anything useable. Also dropped the bush hog off the tractor and installed the 5 foot long tiller to the PTO drive and will be tilling my corn field and bean patch in a few more days if it does not rain too much. A great day to be alive and outside. GOD is good !!! Maybe with resting for the remainder of the day, this old body will be able to start on the carpentry work tomorrow.
lol

London, KY

#96737 Apr 2, 2014
boring day. not where i wanted to be at all. would much rather have been on a boat on a lake.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96738 Apr 2, 2014
My night and today is craxy! Working trying to turn the garden move the Easter stuff from the basement to the first floor. Big party this Saturday and I haven't even painted my tires yet. I did go through all the clothes and shoes! Now a trip to the Good Will!
Anne52

Bowling Green, KY

#96739 Apr 2, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
My night and today is craxy! Working trying to turn the garden move the Easter stuff from the basement to the first floor. Big party this Saturday and I haven't even painted my tires yet. I did go through all the clothes and shoes! Now a trip to the Good Will!
Heeheehee ... I read that as "big party this Saturday and I haven't even painted my TOES yet." Heeheehee

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96742 Apr 2, 2014
The party starts in the day into the night!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96750 Apr 3, 2014
is doing some fencing and welcomes a few more post holes.
imposter

Somerset, KY

#96751 Apr 3, 2014
I have great news! Miss Font and I have been married! And whats more she is already pregnant with triplets! We shall name them Hughy Dewy ..........and Louie.
I forgot to post this on the first day of April, sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Reality 4,530
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Le Jimbo 153,111
joann gregory 10 min Somebody she stol... 6
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 14 min Always praying 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 54 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,530
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr really 26,265
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr colt 45 131,001
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 18 hr Limbertwig 70
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000