Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81701 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne52

United States

#96889 Apr 9, 2014
bestguest wrote:
<quoted text>Hail is not a good thing. I myself would rather have snow! Hail can cause a lot of damage as it falls down. Do you get many hail storms?
It was a surprise, for sure!! We do get hail but it was surprising this time of year. Thankfully it was small stuff.. Lol The winter here was long, cold and snowy so everyone has been worn out from it and while snow is pretty....we are so over it!! Then, finally some nice spring days! But! Then so did the rain and more rain :-(
Lol!!
Hey, bestguest, guess what! The lawn is green and beautiful! The hens are laying and some flowers are blooming! Soooo, all is good!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96890 Apr 9, 2014
bestguest wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny! Our neighbors have chicks and you know when it is feeding time cause they make a lot of noise. They are so cute. They have a couple roosters and I think they have their time clocks messed up because they crow several times through out the day! I thought they are suppose to do this like in the wee hours of the morning? They just ad 5 chicks....sooooo blessed cute!!!!!
I have 13 hens and 2 roosters. When they are free ranging and I go out to feed, they follow along and some run in front of me looking back and I can't hardly walk for them under my feet. They do squawk when I sometimes step on their feet lol Then when they are up the hill and I go out the back door, they all do a flying run toward the house thinking I have treats. A single rooster will generally only crow in the wee hours, but when there are 2 or more they crow at all hours of the day to try to prove who is King of the Roost.... sort of like a bunch of teen boys LOL

I also have 25 pullets that do not free range and should be laying around the end of June.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96891 Apr 9, 2014
Can't wait till a week of warm weather so I can have my very own mini vacation in the city with my friends! I don't need to wake up earlier get everyone ready cook breakfast. I'll call for room service and I won't have to make my bed someone will do it for me! The children's father didn't have them 1 time last year he was soooo busy catering to another woman's 4 kids and abandoned his. So this year he can start taking care of his children. I explain to him your not going to have time to play like last year cause you will have those children and of course they have friends. Then he will have to travel out of state to see the other one. Sucks to be him!

Location hidden

#96892 Apr 9, 2014
Perhaps the birds will show up here in June lol there is no birds just a few squirrels. Maybe once the children put better feed out the wild deer and other cute animals will show up!
Anne52

Paris, TN

#96893 Apr 9, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Perhaps the birds will show up here in June lol there is no birds just a few squirrels. Maybe once the children put better feed out the wild deer and other cute animals will show up!
Oh, princess!! You'd love to ride with us to school one morning! One field we normally pass usually has about a dozen deer grazing. Then if we come home after dark, when we turn into the driveway the headlights hit several deer in our front field. Sometimes they dash across the driveway in front of us! Love it(till I hit one!)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96894 Apr 9, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, princess!! You'd love to ride with us to school one morning! One field we normally pass usually has about a dozen deer grazing. Then if we come home after dark, when we turn into the driveway the headlights hit several deer in our front field. Sometimes they dash across the driveway in front of us! Love it(till I hit one!)
I had 11 deer and 6 wild turkeys on the Homestead this morning and was too busy counting them that I did not count the rabbits.
Anne52

Paris, TN

#96895 Apr 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I had 11 deer and 6 wild turkeys on the Homestead this morning and was too busy counting them that I did not count the rabbits.
Our turkey flock disappeared after the loggers came:-(
I think the froggy group may still be around though. Dozens of them meet on the driveway culvert by the pond on a damp spring evening. That's the reason the pond has so many frogs! Yep, you got it!! It blew our minds away when our headlights hit that scene!

Location hidden

#96896 Apr 9, 2014
That's has to be so pretty with the deer. Are drive to school is traffic. But hey we enjoy being a family in the car. Drive through drop off is the best! My little one can't wait till the sky is clear and have a camp fire to watch the stars again. Or laying on the beach at night with a fire!

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Since: Nov 13

Not Here

#96897 Apr 9, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Be careful sweet cheeks it is illegal to bait deer in some states.

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Not Here

#96898 Apr 9, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
That's has to be so pretty with the deer. Are drive to school is traffic. But hey we enjoy being a family in the car. Drive through drop off is the best! My little one can't wait till the sky is clear and have a camp fire to watch the stars again. Or laying on the beach at night with a fire!
How wonderful to spend such awesome time with your children. More parents should do that!

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Not Here

#96899 Apr 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> I have 13 hens and 2 roosters. When they are free ranging and I go out to feed, they follow along and some run in front of me looking back and I can't hardly walk for them under my feet. They do squawk when I sometimes step on their feet lol Then when they are up the hill and I go out the back door, they all do a flying run toward the house thinking I have treats. A single rooster will generally only crow in the wee hours, but when there are 2 or more they crow at all hours of the day to try to prove who is King of the Roost.... sort of like a bunch of teen boys LOL
I also have 25 pullets that do not free range and should be laying around the end of June.
I lived on a farm years ago. We didnt have hens but had 150 cows a few pigs and wheat. Sometimes I miss the farm life but not sure I would go back to it. With that rooster I feel like I am on the farm! He is very loud in the morning when we sit outside with our morning coffee.

Location hidden

#96900 Apr 9, 2014
Yes I have my children all the time, the father was gone all the time still is. His new baby momma well by her texts she needs breaks. There is no breaks in being a parent. well 5 kids all different dads well it seems to me she had many breaks lol. The grandma of the new baby was shocked to find out she thought it was stories. I even contacted her after she wanted me to. Told me right on topix. I told the children's father tonight when he was over and on the pone with his momma that he had to disrupt dinner to go check on the boat at a foreclosed house. I told him not your problem your children and dinner come first.

Location hidden

#96901 Apr 9, 2014
The feed we want has different seed so different birds and plus have a sweet juice feeder for them. Can't wait till the hotter days come! Bon fires and lake parties. Just me and the children have the summer all planed out!

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Not Here

#96902 Apr 9, 2014
I have 3 children and being a parent is a full time job. I was lucky to have found my soul mate so I didn't have to do the single parent thing. Not really good to air out your biz here you should find another outlet. Start working on those tires and your bird houses with your children and enjoy while they are young. They grow so fast. Best of luck to you!

Location hidden

#96903 Apr 9, 2014
This is topic not airing out anything having a conversation talking about my stuff at 10:30 at night is my time to relax! Watch the news and answer all my emails and text messages! My gosh technology these days! Plus have so many pics to post! They do grow up fast and the vocabulary they have these days! Smart children I have they are so blessed to have such a hard working mother with a bright future for them! Thank gosh they won't pick up the dads habit!! lmao

Omg my tires hopefully they will be done by Easter the grandparent is getting 1 plus there favorite Aunt and the other relatives!

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Not Here

#96904 Apr 9, 2014
Thats great to make homemade items for keepsake. I know a gal who hates homemade stuff. She just doesn't understand the sentimental value of it all!
myohmy

Hempstead, TX

#96906 Apr 9, 2014
April 14th is Passover
Anne52

United States

#96915 Apr 10, 2014
Good evening bird threaders!! Busy day here! Visited my aunt for a short while this morning and, guess what!, no walker or cane! She's doing so much better! We are planning on a short trip later this summer-- one of those dinner train trips--should be enjoyable.
I planned to copy what Princess is doing with the tires but I'm bogged down with other stuff. Like the garage door won't open because the breaker in the electrical box has been "thrown" and I can't figure out why. Makes me crazy. Because I can't get the door open I can't get the lawn mower out soooo can't mow . I tried the release cord on the door but , well, why won't that work?? Sheesh!! So, I went shopping. Hahaha!
Anne52

Paris, TN

#96918 Apr 10, 2014
AW, I've got an egg question--rather a nutrition question about these ladies of mine. The egg shells are very thin...what do I need to add to their diet ??
AmericanDentalAs sociation

Corydon, KY

#96919 Apr 10, 2014
why not wrote:
test them for whatever the chemicals are found in meth! Or maybe west nile!
What an absolutely ignorant thing to interject into this conversation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy wagers whittymore 4 hr curious 1
Bullock Busted 4 hr Duh 61
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr ChromiuMan 158,098
Johnny Smith and Amy Mills 5 hr jack 3
Don Martin messed up 6 hr Saying 1
Northern Contours 8 hr Employees 6
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief (Jul '14) 8 hr Dr Dirty 36
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu Refer 112

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages