Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,736

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96438 Mar 15, 2014
"AAawwhh..!!"....Rob ert Johnson....the black who sold his soul to the devil at the Cross Roads and the original on "Dust My Broom." But he really was not that great a guitarist....to me,.....just say'n. Now a guy that could really pick......Mississippi John Hurt..!! Completely different style. Now I know where Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins got started! Been do'n a little digg'n there, Wolf? Good man.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96440 Mar 16, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
"AAawwhh..!!"....Rob ert Johnson....the black who sold his soul to the devil at the Cross Roads and the original on "Dust My Broom." But he really was not that great a guitarist....to me,.....just say'n. Now a guy that could really pick......Mississippi John Hurt..!! Completely different style. Now I know where Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins got started! Been do'n a little digg'n there, Wolf? Good man.
Not recent digging. I already knew about Robert Johnson, R.L. Burnside, Muddy Waters, Lead Belly, John Lee Hooker, and a few others.

Now Chet Adkins.. I like blind Doc Watson's style and his voice better. Chet could pick but he was not much of a singer.... to me. If you have not heard it before, look up Doc's "Don't Mess with my Widder, Boys".. cute tune.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96441 Mar 16, 2014
@MM.. one of my favorite country musician-song writers is Billy Joe Shaver. Some of his songs have been recorded by people such as Willy Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Tom T. Hall, Johnny Cash, Elvis, and many others.

I really like "I'm Just an Old Chunk of Coal" and "Hill Country Love Song" and especially like those songs with a religous theme such as "Live Forever" or " If You Don't Love JESUS". A good Youtube video is the one where he mimics a snake handling preacher.
Nature

Glasgow, KY

#96444 Mar 16, 2014
Check out a few trash fills and what the run off is doing and people may figure it out , so the next time you see a stream walk up and look for the garbage a the top there maybe a roof top there.
Anne

United States

#96445 Mar 16, 2014
Good evening all! My computer has been giving me fits and I've not been able to post like Ive wanted to. That old song about being a lump of coal but "I'm going to be a diamond someday " .., i remember that old song.. Lol
Yesterday was fantastic weather but its back to snow:-( Guess time will take care of it all and spring will arrive soon . Sure hope so. I watched a movie about the first train robbery that happened shortly after the civil war., The movie was pretty informative and included a little humor. Several brothers by the last name of Reno and their buddies wrecked a lot of havoc in a short time and of course , eventually lost their own lives.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96447 Mar 16, 2014
@ Wolf......I'll sure agree with you about Doc Watson and, man, I hate that he passed on. I've watched him more than once as he was playing and he just don't miss a lick. Makes me ashamed! Do you know if that was another of his sons playing along with him towards the end? One was killed in a tractor accident.

@ Anne.....Not that I "was there" and know all about it but those brothers, so I've read in Wild West, were actually the originators of train robbery. Guess they got left out when Hollywood picked up on Butch Cassidy and/or Jesse James.(Hey now, that was a movie, Butch and Sundance. Two great actors they were!) I'll never believe that they got shot to pieces in South America.

Sunday, 6:42 PM......UGH!!...heap big, ugly, rainy day here, still is.
Anne

United States

#96448 Mar 16, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne.....Not that I "was there" and know all about it but those brothers, so I've read in Wild West, were actually the originators of train robbery. Guess they got left out when Hollywood picked up on Butch Cassidy and/or Jesse James.(Hey now, that was a movie, Butch and Sundance. Two great actors they were!) I'll never believe that they got shot to pieces in South America.

Sunday, 6:42 PM......UGH!!...heap big, ugly, rainy day here, still is.
MM, guess you weren't there. Late 1860's lol. Friends of mine live in that area and participated in the latest historical DVD of those brothers. At least one of the younger members of that group rode with billy the kid. Bad bloody times.
Then there's Big Nose George Parrott. After he was hanged, his skin was made into a pair of shoes and his skull an ashtray. Now, wasnt the people who created these items out of Big Nose George just plain sick? I saw these items in an area museum . Really morbid.

Nasty here today . But the forecast sounds pretty good for the week:-)
Big John

Danville, KY

#96449 Mar 16, 2014
Birds dead? When did this happen? It seems like that is all everyone on here is talking about!!!!!!!!!!
Duh

Louisville, KY

#96450 Mar 16, 2014
This is not about birds silly
RaRa

Brevard, NC

#96451 Mar 16, 2014
Not to say that it hasn't happened again, but back in 2011 was a huge find of dead birds in western Ky. Wondering if Monsanto has anything to do with birds, fish, bees, and of course humans.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96452 Mar 17, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Guess they got left out when Hollywood picked up on Butch Cassidy and/or Jesse James.(Hey now, that was a movie, Butch and Sundance. Two great actors they were!)
.... and BJ Thomas "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head".... but it was a little snow and ice crystals here, but I still have to take care of the chickens and head out to work.... a good day to all.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96453 Mar 17, 2014
@Anne... and then there was Big Nose Kate that was Doc Holiday's sidekick LOL
qwerty

Butler, KY

#96454 Mar 17, 2014
"I never want to know a day that's over 40 degrees-I'd rather have it 30, 20, 10, 5 and let it freeze!" -
Snow Miser - The Year Without a Santa Claus, 1974

never did like that guy
Lol

Lockport, KY

#96455 Mar 17, 2014
Snow and ice sucks. I need some sunshine. Want to see your face and maybe kiss those lips lol
whatever

Richmond, KY

#96460 Mar 17, 2014
Think it has alot to do with weather
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96463 Mar 17, 2014
upper right corner is a big RED X that will get rid of this topic with just one small click... Help Yourself, it is self service. lol
then,

United States

#96465 Mar 18, 2014
Bidrs, the easiest thing is to not click on this thread. You don't have to read it at all. There are millions of threads all over the world but I choose to read only a very few that I enjoy
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96467 Mar 18, 2014
[QUOTE who="then,"]Bidrs, the easiest thing is to not click on this thread. You don't have to read it at all. There are millions of threads all over the world but I choose to read only a very few that I enjoy [/QUOTE]Good Point. If people don't like this thread, why do they keep clicking the thing on?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96474 Mar 18, 2014
Bidrs wrote:
F**K a buncha birds dying in Western Kentucky! Get rid of this damn topic!
It's better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

(If you didn't get the message, there are other ways to word this ..!!!)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96475 Mar 18, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
(If you didn't get the message, there are other ways to word this ..!!!)
or "Even a fish would not get caught, if it kept it's mouth shut" LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min HistoricallySpeaking 132,264
Is Jesus a Zombie? 57 min Mitt Romney 8
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 1 hr LoL 8
Rats?? just wondering 1 hr pacman 6
Everybody shits everyday (Jul '09) 2 hr they_r_Evil 12
Barbourville nursing home 5 hr Rita 5
teena Marie mills 7 hr Mark 18
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 11 hr Will 53
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 12 hr The real truth 21
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search