Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne52

United States

#96767 Apr 4, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Yeah,....thanks Wolf, my post being deleted really never crossed my (?) mind, I guess because it's still displayed on this end. No matter, better things to ponder over.

@ Anne......I guess I really started wondering about how well you move about when Hillsboro, Ill. showed up under your name. That town being 12 miles or so from where I was born and raised and you said at that time, "I have no idea where Hillsboro is." ????....these new gadgets..!!!! Give me the old party line anytime!!!! Well....???? Naw....
Lol. MM, hope you're back to normal...and this "electronic gadget" has a tendency to put me wherever it wants to. Several times it has put my location 2000 miles from where I'm actually sitting. Mostly though its within a couple hundred miles. I find it both amusing and aggravating.
Now about this lightening/thunder storm! Wow! Woke me up with a bang! The night light flickered off for a couple of seconds. So there's something across the wires somewhere.

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Since: Nov 13

Not Here

#96772 Apr 4, 2014
Hey yall...just popping in to catch up. I can't get on here much these days. A very dear person to me is in the hospital and they do not allow pc in ICU. Not looking good so I stay all day and night. Keep us in your prayers.

Mississippi man I am in the town of ocklawaha, not far from the famous Ma Barker homestead.

The weather here has been wonderful, in the 80's clear skies and just enough breeze to keep tings cool. Any of you are in the line of storms that ran through last night I hope all is well.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#96773 Apr 4, 2014
imposter wrote:
I have great news! Miss Font and I have been married! And whats more she is already pregnant with triplets! We shall name them Hughy Dewy ..........and Louie.
I forgot to post this on the first day of April, sorry.
LOL
Wow! You should have told me I was eating for four.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96774 Apr 4, 2014
Wow... With all this rain, I think my grass is about an inch taller than it was just this morning. Add mowing to my list of next week's chores.

I was taking applications for a maid, but I suppose Miss Font need not apply... I surely don't need a married woman that is pregnant with triplets. LOL (besides in that delicate condition, I don't think she would be much help with the weed eater).

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96778 Apr 4, 2014
What a great Friday so far! Can't wait till the party! It's going to be sunny and no wind!
Anne52

Paris, TN

#96779 Apr 4, 2014
bestguest wrote:
Hey yall...just popping in to catch up. I can't get on here much these days. A very dear person to me is in the hospital and they do not allow pc in ICU. Not looking good so I stay all day and night. Keep us in your prayers.

Mississippi man I am in the town of ocklawaha, not far from the famous Ma Barker homestead.

The weather here has been wonderful, in the 80's clear skies and just enough breeze to keep tings cool. Any of you are in the line of storms that ran through last night I hope all is well.
My prayers are for you and your loved one. Keep us informed if you will.

Lots of water here around and about kentucky . Rain rain rain lol

I see you on other threads and I'm happy you showed up on here . Have a good night...
Anne52

Paris, TN

#96795 Apr 5, 2014
The day care kids used to sing a little song as they picked up the toys after play time:
"Clean up. Clean up. Everybody, everywhere. Clean up. Clean up. Everybody, everywhere! "
Guess that'd be an excellent song to sing as we clean up around here every morning. Janitor work comes with the territory I reckon!

No sun yet
But the day is bright!!
I'll make a bet
It'll shine before tonight!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96796 Apr 5, 2014
Good Morning Peeps! Ya Saturday is here sun is shining warm weather, Party time!!
Anne52

United States

#96799 Apr 5, 2014
Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>hello Anne how's it been? It sure is wet here in these parts also. Have a great night and God bless you all.
Guess the rain pretty much hit everyone. Hope you have a lovely day! And look! The sun came out!! Yay!
Anne52

United States

#96800 Apr 5, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Good Morning Peeps! Ya Saturday is here sun is shining warm weather, Party time!!
Did you ever get those tires painted?? Lol. Maybe you got the rain too and had to just paint your toes after all! I'm going to use some of the tires my dad and grandparents left me (haha) to use as planters also. Good idea! Enjoy the party!
Really

United States

#96802 Apr 5, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
The day care kids used to sing a little song as they picked up the toys after play time:
"Clean up. Clean up. Everybody, everywhere. Clean up. Clean up. Everybody, everywhere! "
Guess that'd be an excellent song to sing as we clean up around here every morning. Janitor work comes with the territory I reckon!
No sun yet
But the day is bright!!
I'll make a bet
It'll shine before tonight!
such a cute little song.
Helter pete

London, KY

#96803 Apr 5, 2014
Imposter said he was going to do that as an April fools joke but the half senile old varmint forgot to post it on the first. No fools around here no how gotta go! Yehaaaa Gigayup Horse! Pow pow pow pow riding off in a cloud of gunsmoke and dust, headed west... for the desert....on a mule named horse.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96804 Apr 5, 2014
Helter pete wrote:
Imposter said he was going to do that as an April fools joke but the half senile old varmint forgot to post it on the first. No fools around here no how gotta go! Yehaaaa Gigayup Horse! Pow pow pow pow riding off in a cloud of gunsmoke and dust, headed west... for the desert....on a mule named horse.
At least it is not Festus Haggin's mule named Ruth. lol

Location hidden

#96805 Apr 5, 2014
Helter pete wrote:
Has anyone seen Imposter? Here I am married and waiting on triplets and he left two days ago to get a gallon of milk and ain't been back yet!
Anne52

United States

#96806 Apr 5, 2014
Hmmmm, Im afraid imposter has slip out for a little fun. "Sigh". It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to join the wagon train headed west with Helter Pete . You can always leave the light on for him as I may be mistaken ....

Location hidden

#96807 Apr 5, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Hmmmm, Im afraid imposter has slip out for a little fun. "Sigh". It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to join the wagon train headed west with Helter Pete . You can always leave the light on for him as I may be mistaken ....
The only light I'm leaving in for him is on the scope on my gun!
la la

Manchester, KY

#96809 Apr 5, 2014
oh i should have said that on april 1st lol cause it was a joke
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96810 Apr 5, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone seen Imposter? Here I am married and waiting on triplets and he left two days ago to get a gallon of milk and ain't been back yet!
He stopped by here and seemed a little confused as if he had drunk just a little too much of Who Shot John and mumbling something about a cow and 3 quackers. So I gave him a box of saltines and I think he went on to try to find New Jersey.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#96811 Apr 5, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
40 years ago today, 27 Kentucky residents lost their lives in the tornado. It makes much of this topix nonsense fairly irrelevant. Storming here now.
Hey A.W. thought you would like this fb page about the 74 outbreak started by wave3weather -

https://www.facebook.com/SuperOutbreak40

pics of the damage, newspaper clippings, radio broadcast from that day..... oh and they got a link to the documentary "day of the killer tornados" from the 80's. I love the old news clippings.:)
qwerty

Luck, WI

#96821 Apr 6, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
April showers bring May flowers.
Know what may flowers bring?

Pilgrims!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacey carnes 1 hr Problem 2
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr huh 173
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 3 hr Curious 5
It's a Mystery............. 4 hr Quantummist 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr ChromiuMan 156,587
cash for stamps 8 hr Wondering 3
Grace way metals 8 hr In need 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages