Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

snow

Winchester, KY

#96397 Mar 12, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Good Morning to all on this cold snowy day. When is it going to stop? We were "happy, happy, happy" to have the warm days! Nonetheless , I'm planning a great day! Shovel out and go forward!
The hens are loving their new spot but I need another bale of straw ..sooo onward !
I love snow!
snow

Madison, TN

#96398 Mar 12, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Good Morning to all on this cold snowy day. When is it going to stop? We were "happy, happy, happy" to have the warm days! Nonetheless , I'm planning a great day! Shovel out and go forward!
The hens are loving their new spot but I need another bale of straw ..sooo onward !
And your picture is pretty
damn hoosier

Owensboro, KY

#96399 Mar 12, 2014
thems are some good eatin, easy pickins too

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96402 Mar 12, 2014
Double digits 20's today, getting the old bird fetters clean up and ready to hang in the tree's.
hanging

Buffalo, NY

#96403 Mar 12, 2014
of the tip of the Moon by the seat of your pants.
lol

West Liberty, KY

#96404 Mar 12, 2014
Hanging by the seat of your pants to the tip of my moon
RangersRus

Madisonville, KY

#96405 Mar 12, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
@qwerty: "avoiding work is my first priority". Yep. I'm sooooo good at that! Good enough that its turned into a fault. Lol. "Dodge all your duties in the best way possible". Lol I'm successful at that too! Say, you wouldn't happen to know who I am and post that just for me? Lol
No qwerty may not,but I sure do. You've got your priorities all wrong.
stamp

Tampa, FL

#96406 Mar 12, 2014
star*

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96407 Mar 13, 2014
RangersRus wrote:
<quoted text> No qwerty may not,but I sure do. You've got your priorities all wrong.
Lol. Maybe, just maybe I do have my priorities all wrong, but I seriously doubt it. And qwerty's horoscope was just as " tongue in cheek" as my answer was. It's all good . Heeheehee
lol

London, KY

#96408 Mar 13, 2014
I don't know about the rest of u but I am sooo sick of snow. Don't get me wrong I do like it, but I'm ready for some sunshine. I would really like to feel some sand under my toes about right now.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96409 Mar 13, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Double digits 20's today, getting the old bird fetters clean up and ready to hang in the tree's.
Super cold here, Princess! Those single digits, that snow, then a thin layer of ice over LOTS of mud. What a mess and, "Come on, Spring"! Many years ago we had to light the heating stove in the living room on the 4th of July. So Hopefully this cold foul weather will be out of here by then!

When I got home about dark thirty last night the chicken pen was empty and so was the hen house. The outside cats were circling the enclosure and I thought, oh, no ... I walked around in the pen calling to my ladies and one answered over by the pen fence. Looking up at the top edge of the 6ft fence panel, there all four sat! To entice them to the hen house I plugged in the heat lamp and threw some cracked corn on the ground..no luck....found out that when you try to push a chicken off a "roost" it hangs on for dear life and flaps its wings till it regains its balance on the roost. Lol. Much fun lol. Anyway I finally won and the ladies spent the cold night in their (slightly) heated house with the doors shut and the gate fastened.. All is well. Have a wonderful day!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96410 Mar 13, 2014
lol wrote:
I don't know about the rest of u but I am sooo sick of snow. Don't get me wrong I do like it, but I'm ready for some sunshine. I would really like to feel some sand under my toes about right now.
Some warm beach sand. Maybe St Thomas? Key West? We can dream a little? Ha. We'll have to dream a lot or buy that plane ticket...
qwerty

Madison, TN

#96411 Mar 13, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Maybe, just maybe I do have my priorities all wrong, but I seriously doubt it. And qwerty's horoscope was just as " tongue in cheek" as my answer was. It's all good . Heeheehee
You hit the nail on the head Anna Rosanna Danna

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96412 Mar 13, 2014
After that plane went missing I might not fly for awhile, was going to take the little ones on there first flight but.. I might end up driving don't know if I want to fly now. With all this technology we can't seem to know where a bird is at?? Warm weather needs to show up soon!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#96416 Mar 13, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I got home about dark thirty last night the chicken pen was empty and so was the hen house. The outside cats were circling the enclosure and I thought, oh, no ... I walked around in the pen calling to my ladies and one answered over by the pen fence. Looking up at the top edge of the 6ft fence panel, there all four sat! To entice them to the hen house I plugged in the heat lamp and threw some cracked corn on the ground..no luck....found out that when you try to push a chicken off a "roost" it hangs on for dear life and flaps its wings till it regains its balance on the roost. Lol. Much fun lol. Anyway I finally won and the ladies spent the cold night in their (slightly) heated house with the doors shut and the gate fastened.. All is well. Have a wonderful day!
This morning before leaving for work, I was tending the chickens before daylight. One hen instead of spending the night on the normal roost, had decided to sit on top of the little chick cage. No doubt sitting closer to the light directly under her shining into the cage to keep the chicks warm. When I opened the cage door to feed and water the chicks, it awakened her abruptly and she was not happy about having to fly off the roost so early LOL Could that be where the old adage of " flying off the handle" came from? hehehe
I did not work 12 hours today like Tuesday and Wednesday. I got caught up on my project with just 8 hours put in today. Tomorrow starts something totally different. Not bad for an old man. LOL
lol

Clintwood, VA

#96420 Mar 13, 2014
This is so much more than birds and snow. It goes deeper than that. It's about life and love and all the stuff in between.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96421 Mar 13, 2014
una farter wrote:
dont be a-dissin on da dead bird thread ,..or ole wolf breath will getcha
Your location.........Arlington Heights,.....isn't that a sub of Chicago? You know anything (good) about Joliet, ILL?
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#96422 Mar 14, 2014
Undesirable varmits are unlikely to sneak up to my chicken house or to the old Homestead in the moonlight; I am Dog sitting a German that keeps wanting to go out to patrol the perimeter. Good thing I have coffee LOL (and donuts)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#96423 Mar 14, 2014
* German Shepherd
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#96424 Mar 14, 2014
@MM.. Your last post reminded me of Elwood and Jake

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
steven bingham love triangle 7 min Just saying 1
amber brock (Oct '09) 12 min Just saying 34
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min Turning A Blind Eye 138,110
Where Did The Town Prostitute Go (May '14) 2 hr curious george 11
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder (May '14) 3 hr Noseyrosey 443
Who is your man Boo ? 4 hr infro 5
wreck 5 hr Hajji 4
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]